Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+109
CausticSymmetry
playmaker
helpmyhair1
Keanoseg
Jonoh
demgains77
element46
nicks
whodathunkit
deleteme
nvmmm
iuyyighghghgkh
goten574
jlj
nidhogge
RAptor
ANewHope
DeadlyDevice
Odysseus
nobodyknowsthetruth
darkknight
egodust
MrGalea
xyro
gbp2000
rob PHH
hairhat
Rob39
ngb
yup
TM1026
Younganddetermined
Slimnuts
dickadlop
CaptainGiggles
miki9
abetz85
bananasinpajamas
Colum
unfortunate
Growdamnit
Wlac89
hairyshowers
JamesDean
angstman
Xenon
lamka
lookalike
Hali-L
john walters
Shinobi
Jay07
chubbfrank
Misirlou
lutz
rogerd
turbojet
arnie
alphadelta
Thin in FL
Abyad
Biffy
Dannyboy
NYJets
pomme
CF
hiilikeyourbeard
NDW
stresssucks
Elephantor
vg
mistermr
bov51
JDawg
researchingeverything
rayl
hairisthickening
Joey Ramone
The Liberator
Manoko
gg4545
crysanthium
sanderson
BelieveInIt
Duketronix
Pumbaa
theseeker86
YAER
Grub
gingerbread
Live forever
jkj86
Complexx
invinoveritas
Hoppipolla
retrohair
tcpratt
sizzlinghairs
dudebro
bocor
mp
RisingFist
Hairy Potter
rofl
nzbalda
TNT
i_love_you
drex1999
113 posters

Page 7 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 7 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  BelieveInIt Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:11 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:Hey guys, so Ive been doing this, for as much time as I can spare (around 20-30 min), each day. E

Everyone keeps talking about a bruised feeling, but I usually end up with like an indian sunburn kind of feeling. I pretty much just use both hands to pinch my scalp for 20 minutes straight. Then a little bit of circle massaging with fingers planted.

Anyone else get this indian sunburn style feeling?
after the the first 2 days i had red marks like pimples a little bit painful and that what you called a indian sunburn feeling..however after 4 days nothing hurts, no pimples are visible and scalp is very lax. how long have you been doing it?

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 7 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:41 pm

Id say 3-4 days, but only 20 min.

What kind of massage movements you do? (pinching, circular, etc)

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Manoko wrote:
Duketronix wrote:Read the thread MAnoko, drex already posted about that and even included a pic.

Totally a pet peeve around here (or at least of mine, and on most forums really) to add to a threads length with a question that's already been answered, please read thouroughly
So if I understand what you say correctly, it's forbidden to ask for reports on how this is progressing for people, maybe other than drex1999 ?
And, as you very well said he posted only 1 photo, hardly enough to have a comparison and assess the evolution of his hairloss if you ask me.

I have read the thread don't you worry about that, it's just that a lot of people who started from some time didn't report back recently.
Because they probably don't need this forum anymore lol... & dude, DREXX has posted more than 1 pic lol... He's posted like 4-5 pics already.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:16 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:Id say 3-4 days, but only 20 min.

What kind of massage movements you do? (pinching, circular, etc)
http://www.centre-clauderer.com/en/scalp-massages/frizzy.htm

in that order:
-hang head over edge of bed for 5 minutes and give regular fingertip massage, to get some initial bloodflow going (figure 1 in link)
- after that (watching TV or something) i loosen up big patches on my crown and all over the scalp (figure 2)
-then i go into detail by pinching the skin up between the fingertips of both hands, all across the scalp, changing direction of skinfolds (figure 3)
-after that i use my fingertips again to press hard and massage on the "domes" of my skull where i can feel hard protruding tissue beneath the skin.
in my case this is a hard thin ridge from my forehead to the crown, similar to what palcom mentioned and on my temples.
thought this was bone first but it can be removed..you can tap your skull with a finger an listen to where the sound gets damped, thats where something is on the bone...just push really hard and massage it away. (in what over movement you see fit for what is beneath your skin)

i finish it with a couple of brushstrokes, which stimulates the scalp on an even finer level and then shower, alternating between hot and very cold on the scalp.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:37 pm

I have been doing for about a week but in that time I have done about 2/3 hours a day on average and only on the right temple area and crown. I will stick with this and update from time to time but for the moment there is not much more else to say.

Back to top Go down

Post  Manoko Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:03 am

Palcom wrote:I have been doing for about a week but in that time I have done about 2/3 hours a day on average and only on the right temple area and crown. I will stick with this and update from time to time but for the moment there is not much more else to say.
Thanks for the report !
Did you notice anything concerning the hair loss (not regrowth) ? Did it slow down ?

Manoko

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:16 am

guys, use a towel instead of ur hands, ull be amazingly surpised at how much its easier to grip and much less hair will be loosened and fall. Iv also noticed that massaging the the very outer galea where it slides down and intersects the head at a perpindular angle is what loosened my scalp by miles miles far better than any other. I do fast scrunches using the towel by applying force and i think this part of the scalp is always swollen at bald people which stretches the upper regions and this is actually the tightness up there.

I massage where the text "epicranius" is written. The effect in terms of loosening is SHOCKING, i now have a LOOSE scalp...

http://face-and-emotion.com/dataface/anatomy/head_lateralview.jsp

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:01 am

YAER wrote:guys, use a towel instead of ur hands, ull be amazingly surpised at how much its easier to grip and much less hair will be loosened and fall. Iv also noticed that massaging the the very outer galea where it slides down and intersects the head at a perpindular angle is what loosened my scalp by miles miles far better than any other. I do fast scrunches using the towel by applying force and i think this part of the scalp is always swollen at bald people which stretches the upper regions and this is actually the tightness up there.

I massage where the text "epicranius" is written. The effect in terms of loosening is SHOCKING, i now have a LOOSE scalp...

http://face-and-emotion.com/dataface/anatomy/head_lateralview.jsp
I've been doing the same with the epicranius , and you're right Year, it works really well. It does feel like a very pronounced kind of boney ridge running along the where the epicranius is, but I don't know if that is bone or what?

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:53 am

Manoko - you should have asked fore "more" or "other" people to post not "someone" because "someone " already had posted Drex.

Your previous post made it seem like you hadn't read the thread since you were asking for something that was already there.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Manoko Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:26 pm

Duketronix wrote:Manoko -  you should have asked fore "more" or "other" people to post not "someone" because "someone " already had posted Drex.  

Your previous post made it seem like you hadn't read the thread since you were asking for something that was already there.
I understand, my bad.

Manoko

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:16 pm

I think that anyone who wants to reduce swelling should also use peppermint oil as it stimulates cold receptors which in turn reduces swelling and fluid build up, that's not to mention its anti androgen properties.

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Took some photos and started this today. Kinda strenous on the hands after a while. Whatevs, let's do this.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  hairisthickening Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:39 pm

guys how do we do the Detumescence Therapy? I have a feeling this works. I am noticing my hair loss has pretty much stopped since doing my hairline massage the last few months.

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:16 pm

Joey Ramone wrote:Took some photos and started this today. Kinda strenous on the hands after a while.  Whatevs, let's do this.
Smile That's the right attitude man. You and me might be the only guys who take pics, but two is better than none ... as you say, let's do this.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  rayl Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:42 pm

I remember that long time before I started to care about my hairline I noticed that if I had a short haircut, my profile of the scull was like a saddle. It was lower at the centre and higher at the vertex and temporal area. Now according to this study it could be the swelling of the scalp and it could be diminished and reversed through heavy massaging. If this study happens to be true then it could explain my temporal recession but on the other hand, the skin on my temples is suprisingly loose. I can pinch it with two fingers. On the top of the scalp I can not pinch but I have hair there. Anyway I am going to add this kind of scalp massage to my regimen.

rayl

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:48 pm

rayl wrote: I remember that long time before I started to care about my hairline I noticed that if I had a short haircut, my profile of the scull was like a saddle. It was lower at the centre and higher at the vertex and temporal area. Now according to this study it could be the swelling of the scalp and it could be diminished and reversed through heavy massaging. If this study happens to be true then it could explain my temporal recession but on the other hand, the skin on my temples is suprisingly loose. I can pinch it with two fingers. On the top of the scalp I can not pinch but I have hair there. Anyway I am going to add this kind of scalp massage to my regimen.
Yes that's kind of what I had going on.... I think that's just your head shape man, no big deal unless you've seen it change after balding. If so, try the massage out... 2 people are reporting that these lumps/bumps/deformities or whatever are getting smaller. I highly doubt this is "extra bone"

PS: Keep in mind that your head shape may feel different due to the tight galea/thin scalp. Good luck & stay in touch with the forum man.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  researchingeverything Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:33 am

I think manuals can help a lot to stop hair loss and even regrow some hair...but i think equally important is to keep the scalp clean..im having this white stuff on the scalp and i really have to kinda scratch to remove this stuff...this white stuff that gets sticked on my head is what is making me losing hair as well...

also why do some guys don't have to do this message to have a relaxed galea and have hair for almost his entire life?

researchingeverything

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:23 am

researchingeverything wrote:I think manuals can help a lot to stop hair loss and even regrow some hair...but i think equally important is to keep the scalp clean..im having this white stuff on the scalp and i really have to kinda scratch to remove this stuff...this white stuff that gets sticked on my head is what is making me losing hair as well...

also why do some guys don't have to do this message to have a relaxed galea and have hair for almost his entire life?
its because they have less tension in their facial/frontalis/occipitalis muscles, which is IMO the main reason for MPB: too much constant tension in the head/neck area, so the skin is stretched for too long/too tight to get normal bloodflow.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:51 am

Hoefully people are taking good photos or some other method to document this.  If it works, then the people using it here on this forum could help advance it better than the study.

Party because of the poor translation, but also because most of the images are ridiculous, ie:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f55/18/56/72/52/screen11.png

And also because the pictures mostly rely on optical illusions that a head with hair looks "flat" and a bald head looks like an egg.  That's just an illusion, not an accurate measure of true headshape.
Matt Damon has a full head of hair, but he looks like this when he shaves his head:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f55/18/56/72/52/matt_d10.jpg

So if those who do this therapy can truly document it without worrying about "egg-heads" and poorly done graphics, that would be huge.

Keep pressing those scalps!

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:16 am

JDawg wrote:Hoefully people are taking good photos or some other method to document this.  If it works, then the people using it here on this forum could help advance it better than the study.

Party because of the poor translation, but also because most of the images are ridiculous, ie:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f55/18/56/72/52/screen11.png

And also because the pictures mostly rely on optical illusions that a head with hair looks "flat" and a bald head looks like an egg.  That's just an illusion, not an accurate measure of true headshape.
Matt Damon has a full head of hair, but he looks like this when he shaves his head:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f55/18/56/72/52/matt_d10.jpg

So if those who do this therapy can truly document it without worrying about "egg-heads" and poorly done graphics, that would be huge.

Keep pressing those scalps!
there seems to be a big misunderstanding:

with "egghead" or "dome" the study does not mean the shape of the whole head, but rather dome-like eminences in the balding areas for example at the temples or a the ridge on top of the head ..thats where blood flow is supposed to be contstricted by "grease" under the scalp

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  hairisthickening Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:25 am

Just to let people know that I have been "pinching" or "scrunching" my scalp now for several months before I even knew about this method. I only do it for about 2 mins in the morning and 2 mins at night and I am very hopeful this is the real deal. I know I have slowed down my hair loss and may have even stopped it.

I never talked about this before but I swear im pretty certain I have a few new hairs growing right on the edges of my temple area. How do I know this? Well on my left temple there is 1 lone hair that some how managed to keep growing right in the center of the "bald" temple area. I use this as a "checkmark" or point of reference. Well about a month ago I noticed a few new smaller hairs that popped up right below my temple not far from it.

I thought it was really interesting and they have gotten longer and darker now. I promise you im really confident this is real new hairs. I am almost certain. The reason is I almost feel its too good to be true. But I know they were not there before.

I am doing a few other things too. I take about 200 mg a day of Ubniqol and also take tocosorb about 4 times a week. I have been applying emu oil to my scalp also for the last 4-6 months only every other day. I leave it and rinse out after 30 mins. I do not think the emu oil has caused this new potential hair growth though.

Anyways I believe we are on to something here. While my new hair growth on my left temple is very positive I still do think potentially my my left temple has receded a little more in the last few months. I am not sure....but it is for sure receding slower since doing this if it has receded more. But I do not think that these "new hairs" are just old healthy hairs that are shrinking. I really am pretty certain they are indeed new hairs. I really think this method might work.

Oh and one key thing I forgot to mention. I did not notice these new hairs until I started directly "scrunching" or "pinching" the hairline itself. I noticed the hairline area was so tight so I start bunching up the skin there. I will basically push up right on the border of the lowest part of my hairline and then take my other hand and start moving the skin down that way im squeezing or pinching the hairline. I do this all along my hairline for 1-2 mins in the morning and then at night. I am certain that this caused my new hair growth and feel like this was the thing that is really helping.

I did not want to jinx myself by posting about my regrowth but I doubt that will happen. I want to share since I read the whole thread and see that others are getting results with the squeezing. Amazing because I posted something about squeezing a while back and did not know many others were doing it. I always felt like it is the "real scalp massage" that works :)Here's to hoping this is the real deal SmileSmile

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:59 am

@hairisthickening - let's hope its the real deal. Take some photos now so you can have something to compare, or get some sort of reference hair count visually. That way you'll know for sure as the months go on.

re: the egghead, that might be part of what the study says, but the images showing the scalp and that golden ratio diagram are purely visual approximations. There's no actual data there other than tht.

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  hairisthickening Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:36 am

Jdawg. I do not really have a good camera. But the good news is I have the point of reference hair that has been there for years and will not go anywhere. I am going to remain positive and see what happens. I have been partying a bit too hard lately and drinking too much. I gotta stop that because it might be skewing my results some and could be the reason why I may still be slowly receding still.

When you live in Hollywood Ca it can be hard not to party when there are so many beautiful girls out all the time Smile

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:36 pm

Well there's two days down. No idea how you guys do this thing for hours on end, it bloody hurts... Hands, wrists, fingers, forearms all ache and my scalp comes out feeling like I've been in direct sunlight all day. Anyway, counter-intuitive as it is, my hair feels a lot stronger on the scalp when I brush through it with my fingers. That may be because the entire top of my head has gone numb though.

I'm doing the massage exactly as done in the study, 20 minutes in the morning and another 20 at night before a shower and bed. I'll be able to tell really easily if it's having any effect as it's all I'm doing other than a bit of boar brushing afterwards and there's nothing on my temples now. No stray hairs just temple. On my hairline there's one hair from my old hairline which is my go to hair for testing the efficacy of all my failed attempts at regrowth. See how we go.

My hair's decent enough that I still style it in the morning and no one's any the wiser, this is after 9 years of hair loss, but I'm pretty keen for some regrowth anyway so gonna have a real go at this thing. If it works out I'll throw some photos up and we can change the world.

Joey Ramone

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:01 am

Joey Ramone wrote:Well there's two days down. No idea how you guys do this thing for hours on end, it bloody hurts... Hands, wrists, fingers, forearms all ache and my scalp comes out feeling like I've been in direct sunlight all day.  Anyway, counter-intuitive as it is, my hair feels a lot stronger on the scalp when I brush through it with my fingers. That may be because the entire top of my head has gone numb though.

I'm doing the massage exactly as done in the study, 20 minutes in the morning and another 20 at night before a shower and bed.  I'll be able to tell really easily if it's having any effect as it's all I'm doing other than a bit of boar brushing afterwards and there's nothing on my temples now. No stray hairs just temple. On my hairline there's one hair from my old hairline which is my go to hair for testing the efficacy of all my failed attempts at regrowth.  See how we go.

My hair's decent enough that I still style it in the morning and no one's any the wiser, this is after 9 years of hair loss, but I'm pretty keen for some regrowth anyway so gonna have a real go at this thing.  If it works out I'll throw some photos up and we can change the world.

give it another 2-3 days then your scalp should be loose and you won´t need much power in your hands and fingers any more.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next