Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+109
CausticSymmetry
playmaker
helpmyhair1
Keanoseg
Jonoh
demgains77
element46
nicks
whodathunkit
deleteme
nvmmm
iuyyighghghgkh
goten574
jlj
nidhogge
RAptor
ANewHope
DeadlyDevice
Odysseus
nobodyknowsthetruth
darkknight
egodust
MrGalea
xyro
gbp2000
rob PHH
hairhat
Rob39
ngb
yup
TM1026
Younganddetermined
Slimnuts
dickadlop
CaptainGiggles
miki9
abetz85
bananasinpajamas
Colum
unfortunate
Growdamnit
Wlac89
hairyshowers
JamesDean
angstman
Xenon
lamka
lookalike
Hali-L
john walters
Shinobi
Jay07
chubbfrank
Misirlou
lutz
rogerd
turbojet
arnie
alphadelta
Thin in FL
Abyad
Biffy
Dannyboy
NYJets
pomme
CF
hiilikeyourbeard
NDW
stresssucks
Elephantor
vg
mistermr
bov51
JDawg
researchingeverything
rayl
hairisthickening
Joey Ramone
The Liberator
Manoko
gg4545
crysanthium
sanderson
BelieveInIt
Duketronix
Pumbaa
theseeker86
YAER
Grub
gingerbread
Live forever
jkj86
Complexx
invinoveritas
Hoppipolla
retrohair
tcpratt
sizzlinghairs
dudebro
bocor
mp
RisingFist
Hairy Potter
rofl
nzbalda
TNT
i_love_you
drex1999
113 posters

Page 6 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 6 Empty massage helmet

Post  crysanthium Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:34 pm

Been following this thread and I know how much discipline it takes to keep manually massaging every day. What do you guys think about a massage helmet like they sell now? (just google massage helmet) If it was intense enough it theoretically could do the trick making compliance a lot easier.....

crysanthium

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 6 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Hairy Potter Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:00 pm

Grub wrote:I agree with Sanderson, lets get some clarity on the technique!
Guys - go here: http://www.omicsonline.org/2155-9554/2155-9554-3-138.php#17, scroll down to the 'results and discussion' section, and click on Figure 4. That's really all there is to this :-)

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 6 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  BelieveInIt Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:00 am

crysanthium wrote:Been following this thread and I know how much discipline it takes to keep manually massaging every day.  What do you guys think about a massage helmet like they sell now? (just google massage helmet)  If it was intense enough it theoretically could do the trick making compliance a lot easier.....
no i´m very sure it won´t work..ive used vibration on my scalp in the last 2 months and regular hand massage but that doesn´t compare to pushing your hard skin together and breaking the stiff tissue...theyd never sell such a device because this would scare people off..

this is NOT your regular massage!

after doing this my second day i already notice a BIG difference in responsiveness of my scalp to touch, the hair stands like i was using some product, and if i feel for the roots it feels hard an thick..

stop worrying about your remaining hair and treat that scalp as rough as you would other parts of your skin.

PEOPLE IM SURE THIS IS IT! glad i have not los all my hair on top before discovering this

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:48 am

Just think it's interesting to note that GPD2000 (or whatever his name was) left this forum a bit over a year ago and he was talking about pinching motions like this as having solved his problems. He had a little rant about how nobody would seem to try it because it seemed to simple and he was tired of people putting him down for something he knew was working. Since then I adopted what is basically the same thing into my routine but not for such lengthy periods and I am at a level of regrowth I didn't dare hope to believe was possible a year ago.

I'm going to increase my usage of this a bit and keep going but I just want to encourage anyone trying this to keep at it. It's interesting how people need an official name for things becfore they will accept it as viable. The pinching and pushing and being rough has been mentioned many times but nobody seemed to care until it got a name.

Very happy it did because it is IMHO a necessary part of the puzzle.

Good Luck all!

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  gg4545 Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:59 pm

Duke every time I hear your story I think about all the people who have had success with these methods and all the flack people have had to go through just to try to pass on good info. I also think duel Black had the same stance on the issue. Maliniak may be right some people will just never believe

gg4545

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Duketronix wrote:Just think it's interesting to note that GPD2000 (or whatever his name was) left this forum a bit over a year ago and he was talking about pinching motions like this as having solved his problems.  He had a little rant about how nobody would seem to try it because it seemed to simple and he was tired of people putting him down for something he knew was working.  Since then I adopted what is basically the same thing into my routine but not for such lengthy periods and I am at a level of regrowth I didn't dare hope to believe was possible a year ago.  

I'm going to increase my usage of this a bit and keep going but I just want to encourage anyone trying this to keep at it.  It's interesting how people need an official name for things becfore they will accept it as viable.  The pinching and pushing and being rough has been mentioned many times but nobody seemed to care until it got a name.  

Very happy it did because it is IMHO a necessary part of the puzzle.

Good Luck all!
i read about some people "pinching" a few weeks ago, tried and failed because my scalp is to tight on top to do pinching as you would normally understand the meaning of the word...

i think if youd say churn your scalp like pastry til its pinchable people would get a clearer impression of what it actually is Very Happy

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:19 pm

BelieveInIt wrote:
look at figures 2 and 3, thats how i do it in very rigid spots (pretty much all over the top of the scalp).

http://www.centre-clauderer.com/en/scalp-massages/frizzy.htm

i found if it has losened up a bit you can try pinching it with 3 fingers of one hand.

i think it doesnt matter exactly how you do it as long you create skinfolds my HARD pinching, these skinfolds should be deep read while you do it...do it in front of a mirror at first and youll see it.

keep in mind your goal is to make your hole galea area flexible in every way, so pinch every little spot in hard areas.
That is as I imagined it actually. Even the first one on that link, you can dig your fingers right in and move it in every direction and it feels great.

The only difficulty is the amount of energy and force you have to use to press and grip the scalp to move it around. My hands and arms are really tired after a few minutes and I need to rest.

Thanks for that link man.

Harry Potter - Its the pinching action with one hand that is quite difficult in some areas in the beginning, you can use the techniques in the link above to really 'fold' these stubborn areas. Thank you for the response.

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:23 am

Grub wrote:
BelieveInIt wrote:
look at figures 2 and 3, thats how i do it in very rigid spots (pretty much all over the top of the scalp).

http://www.centre-clauderer.com/en/scalp-massages/frizzy.htm

i found if it has losened up a bit you can try pinching it with 3 fingers of one hand.

i think it doesnt matter exactly how you do it as long you create skinfolds my HARD pinching, these skinfolds should be deep read while you do it...do it in front of a mirror at first and youll see it.

keep in mind your goal is to make your hole galea area flexible in every way, so pinch every little spot in hard areas.
That is as I imagined it actually. Even the first one on that link, you can dig your fingers right in and move it in every direction and it feels great.

The only difficulty is the amount of energy and force you have to use to press and grip the scalp to move it around. My hands and arms are really tired after a few minutes and I need to rest.

Thanks for that link man.

Harry Potter - Its the pinching action with one hand that is quite difficult in some areas in the beginning, you can use the techniques in the link above to really 'fold' these stubborn areas. Thank you for the response.
Hey Grub, ya it is quite difficult in the beginning with one hand, but give it a week or two and your scalp should be feeling a lot more pliable.

Duke, I believe you were referring to this thread: https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t7286-overview-of-towel-method-unanswered-questions-tips-farewell, unless there is another one which I didn't know about. I had saved as a bookmark when I was researching Papilla Power / Margo / Maliniak. If it's the same one, I believe he was talking about towelling, but yes the theory is the same, and I think that detumescence is even more powerful.

I am thinking of starting micro-needling once a week, or once a fortnight in conjunction with detumescence. Also, the internal natural minox-alikes that CS was talking about sound very interesting.

BTW, I have emailed the guy who presented the detumescence paper, but I think it might be a bit of a long shot and not too hopeful about hearing back from him. Will let you guys know if he responds.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:45 am

HAirry P -ya that's his farewell thread I remember talking about the whole pinching thing with him and that became one of my main go tos to get my scalp loose.

Something people may wanna try that I found helpful was either making fists and using my second largest knuckles to grip the head and pinch the hands/knuckles together where the scalp is really tight. I also tried using a wooden comb as I've mentioned. Just oil the scalp and then push the fingertips into place like you were going to pinch but youuse the wooden comb instead of the other hand to bring it together. Hope that makes sense?

You can also kind of pinch and area with that comb method and then roll the skin along the scalp. Some areas it will probably get stuck/not work so well so then switch up technique on that area.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:12 am

Duketronix wrote:HAirry P -ya that's his farewell thread I remember talking about the whole pinching thing with him and that became one of my main go tos to get my scalp loose.

Something people may wanna try that I found helpful was either making fists and using my second largest knuckles to grip the head and pinch the hands/knuckles together where the scalp is really tight.  I also tried using a wooden comb as I've mentioned.  Just oil the scalp and then push the fingertips into place like you were going to pinch but youuse the wooden comb instead of the other hand to bring it together.  Hope that makes sense?

You can also kind of pinch and area with that comb method and then roll the skin along the scalp.  Some areas it will probably get stuck/not work so well so then switch up technique on that area.
OK, interesting - yup Meatwad was also doing this, except he didn't call it detumescence, and he also was reporting good results.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:19 pm

Are you guys still doing malinak style massages on the sides of the head?

I feel there is no need after getting the detumescence technique correct. I was doing 10 mins malinak, 10 mins detumscence (halfheartedly) but now have changed to straight detumescence for 20 mins morning and night.

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  Manoko Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum and registered for this very thread, which has peeked my attention.
I am having trouble understanding what to do really, is it simply pinching the scalp during 20 minutes two times a day ?

But what about parts of my scalp where the skin is too tight and I can't pinch it, how can I work on those areas ?

Manoko

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:05 pm

Manoko wrote:Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum and registered for this very thread, which has peeked my attention.
I am having trouble understanding what to do really, is it simply pinching the scalp during 20 minutes two times a day ?

But what about parts of my scalp where the skin is too tight and I can't pinch it, how can I work on those areas ?
use both hands and squeeze the skin between your fingers so that it folds up..after a while the whole scalp gets looser...i´m working on it for 3 days now..crazy feeling in my scalp, totally bruised and some red spots but at the same time feels more alive than i can remember.

somebody else getting "abuse marks"?

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:32 pm

This is just pressing very firmly, stretching, folding and working the skin. It leaves your hair greasy, especially at first. It's feels bruised for the first few days but even with continued daily action, the bruised feeling will be gone within a week.

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:09 am

drex1999 wrote:This is just pressing very firmly, stretching, folding and working the skin. It leaves your hair greasy, especially at first. It's feels bruised for the first few days but even with continued daily action, the bruised feeling will be gone within a week.
its amaziing how fast the scalp is losened up, ive worked on it for 3 days literally hours and it seems like when the bruise is gone the skin already is thinner and i can feel the skullbone closer beneath it. also it feels like areas on my temples which i previously tought was bone, seems now to become elastic and disappear.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:31 am

Exactly. Parts of the scalp that seem to be misshapen skull bone can be massaged into putty with a few hours of hard pressing/rubbing. I had a ridge running along the centre of my scalp to the crown that was rock hard and pointed, a few days of this has significantly reduced its size and as such the strain it puts on the scalp skin. Very interesting, wonder if it grows hair..

Back to top Go down

Post  The Liberator Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:13 am

Just wanted to say thanks to those guys that are spending so much time massaging their scalp everyday. I for one am anxiously following this thread in hopes that this technique will work. If any of you post credible pictures of regrowth, I will be the first to jump on the massage bandwagon.

There is only one way to know if this technique is for real and that is to try it and to STICK WITH IT (which is the hard part!) So let me say THANK YOU for your dedication as we will all benefit from your sacrifice (course if your hair grows in, you will be the first to benefit! Lol)

The Liberator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:24 am

BelieveInIt wrote:

Yeah I did to begin with, red, almost like a bad hicky

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:12 am

Palcom wrote:
BelieveInIt wrote:

Yeah I did to begin with, red, almost like a bad hicky
one day after bruises are almost gone..
MUCH better laxity already, vivid feeling, seems to sweat easier on the head...very good signs IMO

do you experience regrowth? for how long have you been doing this?

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Manoko Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:14 am

Thanks for your replies by the way.

Got a question, it's too early for regrowth but maybe you can attest on the shedding. Have you noticed a change in the number of fallen hair ?

Manoko

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:50 am

Manoko wrote:Thanks for your replies by the way.

Got a question, it's too early for regrowth but maybe you can attest on the shedding. Have you noticed a change in the number of fallen hair ?
the thing is, doing this method there is no other way than losing hair first..the rough pinching and pushing just rips a lot out..

however i noticed that even regular normal massage reduces shedding and i´m 100% sure that in the long run detumescence will fix several if not all scalp problems.

i didn´t notice till i started manual how out of touch i was with my scalp, no wonder this area didn´t bloom Wink

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Manoko Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:22 am

BelieveInIt wrote:
Manoko wrote:Thanks for your replies by the way.

the thing is, doing this method there is no other way than losing hair first..the rough pinching and pushing just rips a lot out..

however i noticed that even regular normal massage reduces shedding and i´m 100% sure that in the long run detumescence will fix several if not all scalp problems.

i didn´t notice till i started manual how out of touch i was with my scalp, no wonder this area didn´t bloom Wink
Yes, but people who started the method when this thread was launching could probably now have a pretty accurate opinion on its efficiency.
That is why I said it is most likely too early to see amazing regrowth, but before this it should have changed the way their existing hair are, hence the possible slow in shedding.

Can somebody who has done this for at least a month talk about it please ?

Manoko

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:20 am

Read the thread MAnoko, drex already posted about that and even included a pic.

Totally a pet peeve around here (or at least of mine, and on most forums really) to add to a threads length with a question that's already been answered, please read thouroughly

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Manoko Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:28 am

Duketronix wrote:Read the thread MAnoko, drex already posted about that and even included a pic.

Totally a pet peeve around here (or at least of mine, and on most forums really) to add to a threads length with a question that's already been answered, please read thouroughly
So if I understand what you say correctly, it's forbidden to ask for reports on how this is progressing for people, maybe other than drex1999 ?
And, as you very well said he posted only 1 photo, hardly enough to have a comparison and assess the evolution of his hairloss if you ask me.

I have read the thread don't you worry about that, it's just that a lot of people who started from some time didn't report back recently.

Manoko

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:02 pm

Hey guys, so Ive been doing this, for as much time as I can spare (around 20-30 min), each day. E

Everyone keeps talking about a bruised feeling, but I usually end up with like an indian sunburn kind of feeling. I pretty much just use both hands to pinch my scalp for 20 minutes straight. Then a little bit of circle massaging with fingers planted.

Anyone else get this indian sunburn style feeling?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 41 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 41  Next