Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+109
CausticSymmetry
playmaker
helpmyhair1
Keanoseg
Jonoh
demgains77
element46
nicks
whodathunkit
deleteme
nvmmm
iuyyighghghgkh
goten574
jlj
nidhogge
RAptor
ANewHope
DeadlyDevice
Odysseus
nobodyknowsthetruth
darkknight
egodust
MrGalea
xyro
gbp2000
rob PHH
hairhat
Rob39
ngb
yup
TM1026
Younganddetermined
Slimnuts
dickadlop
CaptainGiggles
miki9
abetz85
bananasinpajamas
Colum
unfortunate
Growdamnit
Wlac89
hairyshowers
JamesDean
angstman
Xenon
lamka
lookalike
Hali-L
john walters
Shinobi
Jay07
chubbfrank
Misirlou
lutz
rogerd
turbojet
arnie
alphadelta
Thin in FL
Abyad
Biffy
Dannyboy
NYJets
pomme
CF
hiilikeyourbeard
NDW
stresssucks
Elephantor
vg
mistermr
bov51
JDawg
researchingeverything
rayl
hairisthickening
Joey Ramone
The Liberator
Manoko
gg4545
crysanthium
sanderson
BelieveInIt
Duketronix
Pumbaa
theseeker86
YAER
Grub
gingerbread
Live forever
jkj86
Complexx
invinoveritas
Hoppipolla
retrohair
tcpratt
sizzlinghairs
dudebro
bocor
mp
RisingFist
Hairy Potter
rofl
nzbalda
TNT
i_love_you
drex1999
113 posters

Page 5 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 5 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Hairy Potter Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:23 pm

drex1999 wrote:Exactly HP! Scalp feels different and I was getting "hints" as well for the past few weeks. In the right light at the right angle you go damn, pretty sure that didn't look like that. Finally curiosity got to me this evening to use the camera and I really didn't think I'd see what I actually saw. With the zoom on my computer picture viewer, it is even more impressive what is happening. You can already see on zoom the next picture down the road will pick up a whole other crop that's just now breaking through. Get ready for the adrenaline rush when you prove it to yourself Smile
Ya, exciting times! I've already looked in the mirror at times and gone, "yup, this is definitely working". Can't wait man ... that's the hardest part about this once you've made the technique a routine - the waiting game. But it's seeing little breakthroughs like this that makes it all worthwhile.

What I'd like to do is take close-ups of certain clear 'landmarks' on my scalp, such as a freckle or whatever, so you can see over time how the hair is developing around those areas.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 5 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  TNT Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:43 pm

Nice results drex. Could you please tell me if you doing this for 20min or less twice a day? Thx

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:06 pm

TNT, I posted about it bottom of page 6

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  Pumbaa Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:14 pm

Awesome results, drex. Very inspiring. I decided to start trying this method out and gave my scalp and hairline a good massaging and squeezing. As I was squeezing my hairline, I noticed little bits of white stuff coming out of the pores. I squeezed all over and then washed my hair. Now the pores along the hairline are red and look irritated. Has anyone experienced this? Feels good to get the grime out of the pores but I'm worried that it will get inflamed now. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

Pumbaa

Pumbaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Pumbaa wrote:Awesome results, drex. Very inspiring. I decided to start trying this method out and gave my scalp and hairline a good massaging and squeezing. As I was squeezing my hairline, I noticed little bits of white stuff coming out of the pores. I squeezed all over and then washed my hair. Now the pores along the hairline are red and look irritated. Has anyone experienced this? Feels good to get the grime out of the pores but I'm worried that it will get inflamed now. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

Pumbaa
Hey Pumbaa - it will look red and irritated dude, you're doing it right :-) It will return to normal after 30 mins to an hour. In my humble opinion, inflammation will originate from the inside, not from the outside. I could be mistaken on that, but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about, just as having a red back for awhile after a massage is no cause for concern.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pumbaa Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:00 pm

Hairy,

I should have been more clear. It looks like little red pimples popped up all over my hairline after I did this, like how a pimple will get red when you squeeze it. Have you experienced this?

Pumbaa

Pumbaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:04 pm

Pumbaa wrote:Hairy,

I should have been more clear. It looks like little red pimples popped up all over my hairline after I did this, like how a pimple will get red when you squeeze it. Have you experienced this?

Pumbaa
Yes, I've experienced it and tons of other guys doing manual methods too - and not just from detumescence, but brushing, towelling etc too. Could possibly be sebum making its way out of your scalp, especially since you mentioned 'little bits of white stuff coming out of the pores'. To me, that's the most likely explanation, again, IMHO.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pumbaa Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Thanks for the response, Hairy. Feels good to get all the gunk out of there. I feel like that means it's working. Clearing up the pores and increasing blood flow has gotta be good.

Pumbaa

Pumbaa

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:13 pm

if i do not wash my hands before manual methods with soap or rubbing alcohol, i always see pimples...

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  Pumbaa Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Good point, TNT. I will definitely be washing my hands next time. Anyone here 'scritch' on top of the manuals? This is where you take a small sheepshorn comb and scratch in back and forth over your scalp as you move backwards towards your crown. I've been doing this lately and it feels really good, plus it's supposed to get all the dirt, sebum, gel, etc. out of your pores.

Pumbaa

Pumbaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:25 am

I previously posted here about my success with intensive brushing, Dr Bronners Peppermint/Emu and quitting smoking. Been reading the forums since 2003.

I stuck to it religiously, I was growing back hair and convinced it would all grow back. During this time Mother told me that my head shape had changed and that while I was more noticeably balding that a point and ridges had developed on my skull but she hadn't mentioned it as to not upset me.

After a glory period I began to be slack with my regimen and started smoking again, so I started my balding journey again for about 6 months. Laziness and denial.

A few weeks ago my girlfriend showed me some pictures of before my success with short hair (I am not in many pictures, hair has been longer for a while), I was shocked the bulbous shape of the front of the scalp that seemed to dip down to a ridge. I now knew that my head was changing shape for real as when I was younger with short hair this swelling was not there. Not good for someone who already has a big noggin.
This led me to inspect my skull and to my horror the swelling was misshapen/excess bone, I was shocked by the sunken area after the swelled front and I was thinking that perhaps I have some sort of deficiency or disease or maybe my skull was just genetically programmed to swell as this age. Of course the bone growth was most prominent in the MPB areas and the right side of my skull in general which is much more affected by baldness. Pretty depressing.

I read the dubious looking study, saw the pictures of the flat head and like many other is struck a chord in terms of the skull shape of balding men versus non balding men, used to work with a slick bald guy with a pointed head etc. Why isn't my head flat like that? is it my mutant skull bone?

The "Study" says 20 minutes a day I believe, but as I have some time on my hands to relax due to quitting my job I have been sitting around for hours watching movies etc very firmly pressing my fingers on the lump of bone on the front/right side that curves down to my forehead leading to the typical dome shaped transition from scalp to face found in mpb. I have been doing circular motions with this and lots of variation, essentially a brutal kneading and pressing whatever will flatten this thing I have been showing this freakish part of my skull absolutely no mercy for a few days.

The pressing has been accompanied by a grease being secreted of a thicker nature not just usual hair oil and after a while, the lump was ever so slightly giving way resistant to the relentless pressure. I carried on, the lump began to flatten and soften but is still under the skin, almost like clay. More kneading... no mercy, is it moving? Is this just because my fingertips are numb from so much pressing? Maybe in the morning when I wake up I will feel the scalp with sensation back in my fingertips and the misshapen bone will still be there, bulbous as ever.

After nearly 3 days of near continuous pressing I have a very deep red patch in the areas where most of the pressure has been applied and a definite change in shape to the touch; flatter. flatter than yesterday and flatter still than the day before.

The study says 20 mins I believe but essentially you could just stack up all those minutes over a the year into one session and you would get the same results.

Now its obviously too early to tell if this will have any impact on hair but If I can craft the perfect head shape then baldness will certainly lose some sting Smile but considering that the pronounced "bone" was worse in the mpb areas may as well stay positive right.. any guys hear with irregular shaped heads might want to try this.

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:38 am

Hi pal com, thanks for posting. I'm a little confused, are you saying intensive brushing led to formations of ridges and a point at the top of your skull? Or did mpb cause this?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:29 am

Hi Sizzling Hair,

I think that the ridges form through excessive androgen activity under the scalp which leads to a thicker type of sebum than usual.  Scalp tension then grips this thicker sebum and compresses it so it becomes so dense that it is mistaken for skull bone.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:24 am

Hey Palcom, thanks for posting man. Just to clarify, the detumescence should be done for 20 mins twice a day. Also, I don't really think that you should give too much thought to your 'mutant bone' :-)

The excess oil / grease being secreted is common for all guys who are doing this, as far as I know. It may be worth remembering that the tortoise beat the hare - slow and steady wins the race, just my 2 cents.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:43 am

Hi Hairy,

Hahaha mutant bone fixation probably isn't generally a good idea but this might be an exception

I think that the study mentions the 20 mins time frames as realistically people don't have days on end to massage their scalp but for the moment I do. When you can feel movement under the scalp and it changing into a flatter shape I cant help myself, especially when I have been paranoid about my head size most of my life.

I'll keep going and update as and when.

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:58 am

Hey Palcom, thanks.

So just to clarify, you feel MPB caused these points and ridges you are talking about, NOT aggressive brushing right?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:06 am

yes MPB causes it and I think that brushing vigorously is a way to get the oil out from under the scalp and down the hair shaft

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:12 am

Thanks for clarifying. Yeah, I brush vigorously daily as well. I also use olive oil before I brush as I heard it has been effective for some people. I then usually sleep with it in.

I hope the olive oil isnt causing some kind of buildup combination with sebum, possibly leading to what you describe. I highly doubt it though as olive oil has always been touted as great for the hair/scalp and its composition is different than sebum so I dont think the scalp would adhere to it anyways causing a buildup.

What you think palcom, just out of curiosity?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:31 am

Should be fine, for me the use of oils on the scalp came after the noticeable swelling not before, sorry if I am being confusing

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:47 am

Crazy that I never came across this thread until now but then I haven't been here as much lately either.

This all sounds pretty awesome and is pretty similar to what I do sometimes. Still getting more hair regrowing too.

Really interested to see how it goes for people.

Good Luck!

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:30 am

Hey pal com, I didn't realize you used oils. Do you use them after you brush or before, and which oils
Do you use? How long do you leave them in for

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:03 pm

very interesting, been adding this today to my regular regimen which i had für 2 months now (massaging, brushing ..among other things).

have been doing it for about 2 hours now, using both hands to create upfolds and push til it hurt a little...all over the scalp in vertical and horizontal direction. i´ve been very vigourous really starting to break that stiff tissue...

directly afterwards i brushed about 100 strokes to stimulate the scalp on a finer level, felt different since my scalp already was flushed with blood.

what i noticed after detumescence was LOTS of skinflakes as they were pushed out of the scalp, amazing since i don´t have any dandruff.

i can´t remember my scalp feeling ever that alive and responsive when i touch it. seen improvements with massages and brushing already, but i think THIS is the real thing, i´m sure it will work.

thanks for this thread!

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:26 pm

does anyone know of pics or videos of this in action? im not sure where this thick skin is either im not sure i have that one
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:21 pm

I agree with Sanderson, lets get some clarity on the technique!

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:54 pm

Grub wrote:I agree with Sanderson, lets get some clarity on the technique!
look at figures 2 and 3, thats how i do it in very rigid spots (pretty much all over the top of the scalp).

http://www.centre-clauderer.com/en/scalp-massages/frizzy.htm

i found if it has losened up a bit you can try pinching it with 3 fingers of one hand.

i think it doesnt matter exactly how you do it as long you create skinfolds my HARD pinching, these skinfolds should be deep read while you do it...do it in front of a mirror at first and youll see it.

keep in mind your goal is to make your hole galea area flexible in every way, so pinch every little spot in hard areas.

BelieveInIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next