Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Oil pulling receipes
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 4 EmptyToday at 6:06 pm by Maup

» Zeolite clinoptilolite?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 9:19 am by CausticSymmetry

» DHT gel usage???
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2024 7:43 am by CausticSymmetry

» Carnivore Diet filled in bald spot.
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2024 6:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS AND MODERN DISEASES
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 5:10 am by CausticSymmetry

» Butter packaging?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2024 1:01 pm by Maup

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 22, 2024 6:57 am by CausticSymmetry

» Time to put on a mask again
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 22, 2024 5:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Should an old milk tooth be pulled?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2024 7:58 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+109
CausticSymmetry
playmaker
helpmyhair1
Keanoseg
Jonoh
demgains77
element46
nicks
whodathunkit
deleteme
nvmmm
iuyyighghghgkh
goten574
jlj
nidhogge
RAptor
ANewHope
DeadlyDevice
Odysseus
nobodyknowsthetruth
darkknight
egodust
MrGalea
xyro
gbp2000
rob PHH
hairhat
Rob39
ngb
yup
TM1026
Younganddetermined
Slimnuts
dickadlop
CaptainGiggles
miki9
abetz85
bananasinpajamas
Colum
unfortunate
Growdamnit
Wlac89
hairyshowers
JamesDean
angstman
Xenon
lamka
lookalike
Hali-L
john walters
Shinobi
Jay07
chubbfrank
Misirlou
lutz
rogerd
turbojet
arnie
alphadelta
Thin in FL
Abyad
Biffy
Dannyboy
NYJets
pomme
CF
hiilikeyourbeard
NDW
stresssucks
Elephantor
vg
mistermr
bov51
JDawg
researchingeverything
rayl
hairisthickening
Joey Ramone
The Liberator
Manoko
gg4545
crysanthium
sanderson
BelieveInIt
Duketronix
Pumbaa
theseeker86
YAER
Grub
gingerbread
Live forever
jkj86
Complexx
invinoveritas
Hoppipolla
retrohair
tcpratt
sizzlinghairs
dudebro
bocor
mp
RisingFist
Hairy Potter
rofl
nzbalda
TNT
i_love_you
drex1999
113 posters

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 4 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Complexx Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:17 pm

EDIT: Double post

Last edited by Complexx on Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 4 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Complexx Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:19 pm

drex1999 wrote:Complexx, I can only explain it as such: Prior to this, I pinched my scalp skin up once or twice a day. There was a lot of tension in the skin while I did this. I have integrated the pinching/folding up of skin into the massage and it is noticeably easier/more flexible.
Sounds like it really is way looser now.... How long after the massage does the scalp stay loose like that?
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:55 pm

The method isn't very clear in the study as it advocates kneading, pressing, rubbing and putting pressure on the scalp.

http://www.omicsonline.org/2155-9554/images/2155-9554-2-138-g004.html

In this figure the method looks like you pinch the scalp with one hand. They should have described the method using a video.

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:19 pm

I tried this today, pushing the scalp together with both hands all over. Like the picture shows in the study (in small sections). It felt like i was bruising my scalp, it was quite painful but i imagine this would change.

I also shed a LOT of hair. Scary stuff.

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Grub wrote:The method isn't very clear in the study as it advocates kneading, pressing, rubbing and putting pressure on the scalp.

In this figure the method looks like you pinch the scalp with one hand. They should have described the method using a video.

Can u post the link of the whole study please.

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:01 pm

YAER wrote:
Grub wrote:The method isn't very clear in the study as it advocates kneading, pressing, rubbing and putting pressure on the scalp.

Can u post the link of the whole study please.
http://www.omicsonline.org/2155-9554/2155-9554-3-138.php

First post of the thread.

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:32 am

Grub wrote:I tried this today, pushing the scalp together with both hands all over. Like the picture shows in the study (in small sections). It felt like i was bruising my scalp, it was quite painful but i imagine this would change.

I also shed a LOT of hair. Scary stuff.

Grub, your head will feel bruised for probably the first few days - it definitely eases up after a few days to a week.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:14 pm

Thanks Harry P,

And i assume the shed is quite normal as well?

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:44 pm

Grub wrote:Thanks Harry P,

Sorry, missed the bit about your shed - to be honest I don't know a lot about shedding since I have so little hair that I wouldn't know it if I were experiencing one :-).

What other stuff are you doing? I do know that shedding is normal and even healthy (necessary for the follicle to cycle new hair), but to my knowledge a shed should theoretically only occur at earliest 3 - 4 months into a regimen - I could be wrong on that though.

Maybe others who have actual hair to shed can share their experiences ...

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:03 pm

Hairy Potter wrote:

Sorry, missed the bit about your shed - to be honest I don't know a lot about shedding since I have so little hair that I wouldn't know it if I were experiencing one :-).

What other stuff are you doing? I do know that shedding is normal and even healthy (necessary for the follicle to cycle new hair), but to my knowledge a shed should theoretically only occur at earliest 3 - 4 months into a regimen - I could be wrong on that though.

Yeh i have most of hair, just thinning in the temples, crown, around the sides on top etc. I would say this could explain the shedding. If someone is experiencing the same please chime in.

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Grub wrote:
Hairy Potter wrote:

Yeh i have most of hair, just thinning in the temples, crown, around the sides on top etc. I would say this could explain the shedding. If someone is experiencing the same please chime in.
Good thing you started early... I started when my temples were receding about an inch, hairline receding less than a quarter inch (I think) and thin hair all over.... Basically 2 years worth of damage is all being reversed =] I had hair everywhere besides the problematic areas I just mentioned though.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:46 pm

Complexx wrote:
Grub wrote:
Hairy Potter wrote:

Good thing you started early... I started when my temples were receding about an inch, hairline receding less than a quarter inch (I think) and thin hair all over.... Basically 2 years worth of damage is all being reversed =] I had hair everywhere besides the problematic areas I just mentioned though.
It is a good thing! Do you think the introduction of this new method of vigorously massaging the top of the scalp warrants a big shed ? In the past I was doing malinak style massages on the sides of the scalp never the top without as much shedding but without the stimulation this vigorous kneading gives.

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:52 pm

Here we are one month in. It would be ridiculous to expect new terminal hair this early in, but I my as well note my results aside from a looser scalp.

I am getting 5 minutes in the morning, 10 in the afternoon and a good 20-30 at night. I know it is not exactly like the study but it is what fits in with my life. My hope it that by getting blood to the follicles 3 times a day and managing to work the skin the same accumulated time is close enough.

Results: I have not experienced any pimples or bumps in the skin. The only noticeable thing is this: I received a previous crop of vellus hair by brushing. For the most part, they arrived over the previous year but all remained small and insignificant.
They still remain small and insignificant but, they now seem stronger. They have not grown in length but I can feel them with my fingertips now when I run them across my scalp, something I had not experienced prior to this. It might be something, might be nothing but that's what I have. There's a long way to go yet and hopefully the exciting part lies ahead.

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:16 pm

drex1999 wrote:Here we are one month in. It would be ridiculous to expect new terminal hair this early in, but I my as well note my results aside from a looser scalp.

I am getting 5 minutes in the morning, 10 in the afternoon and a good 20-30 at night. I know it is not exactly like the study but it is what fits in with my life. My hope it that by getting blood to the follicles 3 times a day and managing to work the skin the same accumulated time is close enough.

Results: I have not experienced any pimples or bumps in the skin. The only noticeable thing is this: I received a previous crop of vellus hair by brushing. For the most part, they arrived over the previous year but all remained small and insignificant.
They still remain small and insignificant but, they now seem stronger. They have not grown in length but I can feel them with my fingertips now when I run them across my scalp, something I had not experienced prior to this. It might be something, might be nothing but that's what I have. There's a long way to go yet and hopefully the exciting part lies ahead.

Drex, the 'being able to feel the vellus hairs' is something that I have experienced too, which I couldn't prior to toweling and detumescence - they're definitely getting stronger.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:23 pm

drex1999 wrote:Here we are one month in. It would be ridiculous to expect new terminal hair this early in, but I my as well note my results aside from a looser scalp.

You gained those vellus hairs by brushing? I though it was from Galea loosening and violet ray/brushing. I know slowmoe didn't experience great results until he incorporated the violet ray,emu oil, and scalp loosening into his regimen. He finds that without the ray, hair fall increases. Do you think it was the incorporation of the violet ray and scalp loosening that helped you grow those vellus hairs?

I've also seen that you grew long terminal hairs around the hairline/temples, would you say that was from the galea massage and VR too? I kind of remember you saying you give lots of credit to the Maliniak method but at one point in your ride you came to the conclusion that you needed a few more things to make this all work for you... hence your signature.

Last edited by Complexx on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add some things.)
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:12 pm

If you know my story as it stood 2 years ago, I had gone slick bald at my temples in what I describe as a 1" square area. The Maliniak Method started growing single terminal hairs. I have before and after pics kicking around but the "before" pic is actually a pic of the first hairs that grew back in after a few months. In the 1" area I was gaining about 4-5 hairs a month. Easy to count when you start with nothing. If my memory serves correct, I seemed to tap out with new growth around the 8 month mark and for a few months I noticed nothing. I take pics every few months, even if I don't post as it helps me to determine progress. I then started brushing as well as everything else mentioned in my sig and that filled the area with very fine vellus hair and I started getting a few more terminal hair each month again.

I took pics at the start of this little experiment and I will put comparison pics up at the 5 month mark, the point at which this study says we should have visible results, end of February.

I always wanted to say one thing: I have been losing my hair for almost 20 years. I found out about a drug called Proscar in the early days of the internet, long before it was called Propecia. That carried me 8-10 years before the effects waned and since then I have thrown the kitchen sink at this. I arrived at this point where you join me from 2 years ago and where I positioned myself as I find myself having the best shot at this here. My point in this paragraph is that although everything I have done in the past 20 years may not have grown much hair, it seems if you are pro-active at trying to re-grow hair in all sorts of various manners, (and I still believe the manuals is your best shot) it is possible to slow down your hairloss if not stop it. All these clowns who laugh at people trying different things and are quick to say it won't work continue to lose their own hair while they post. We all have bad days where things look worse and we all have good days. Take a picture of your worst spot and prove to yourself if you are gaining, losing or maintaining every 3 months. Maintaining is just as good or better than losing it and growing it back. Remember that. It comes from a guy with 90% of his hair after a 20 year battle.

Hairy Potter, good on you dude! On one person, it's probably nothing. On multiple people, it might be something Smile

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  nzbalda Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:45 pm

Hey Drex good last post, have you dropped proscar completely?

nzbalda

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:35 pm

Dropped it many years ago. Between years 8-10 on it, it lost it's mojo on me and hairloss resumed. In those last years, you question if it's still helping some or not. At the end I went up to a 1/3 of a pill from 1/4 to see if it would help and all that happened was my wand wasn't as robust as it once was and I dropped it all immediately and things returned back to normal as quickly as it went awry. Potent stuff.

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:17 pm

Holy fack!! This is working! I knew I could see new hair so I broke out the camera. This is as zoomed in that I could make the picture. Now, I know you need to see what I see. My hair is over a foot long. This is super zoomed in. In the top left corner, running left to right at an upward angle, you should be able to pick out at least a dozen small terminal hair about 1/8th to 1/4 inch long.  Now, if you drew a line from top left to bottom right, although not quite clear in this picture, I can tell you it is a strip of hair of which 75% wasn't there 2 months ago. Lastly, if you have zoom you could see that the darker dots on my scalp, just a bit top right of center have hairs growing out of them. Any questions and I will take the picture and tag each hair if I must.

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 4 00512

Last edited by drex1999 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:27 pm

Hey Drex, thanks for posting. Congrats.

Could you explain how you are doing this particular manual? I have heard its like "kneading dough" or something, but I havent been able to picture it. And is it still 5 min morning, 10 afternoon, 20-30 night?

Also, what else are you doing regimen wise besides this detumescence?

Thanks bro

*EDIT: sorry just saw your signature. You are still doing everything there Im assuming, but is this current therapy really just scalp pinching? If you could still elaborate, would appreciate it

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:42 pm

Plant your fingers, move the skin. Side to side, up and down. Plant your fingers and push the skin together and up, like a raised fold. Stretch it, work it. Go nuts. Anything you can think of. It feels bruised the first few days but goes away after a week.

I still do my other listed regime but this manual is new and so is the hair. The only thing I did to give this the best chance was I bought an astringent to clean the pores and massaged in some olive oil a couple of times to make sure everything was cleaned out and not impeding new hairs. I am not sure if it is needed though. Astringents and olive oil have been used by many and do not net these kinds of results. It was just my way of stacking the deck.

The study claimed the scalp was overly thick with trapped grease and this manual helped get it out. Now, where I have lost hair, my scalp was thin as it didn't have that fatty under layer that is under scalp with hair. Still, anyone who does this will tell you it leaves your hair a greasy mess when you're done. I can now say my thin scalp is thickening, my guess the fatty under layer could be returning. It kind of goes against the study's theory but the actions (squeeze the grease out by massage) do indeed happen and I do seem to have hair regrowth.

Last edited by drex1999 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Nice work Drex!

I'll be adding this to my regime for sure.

On another note I noticed you're using Bronner's soap, any reason for that? I'm unfamiliar with what sort of action it does in aiding hair loss.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:30 pm

Peppermint stimulates the hair follicle and brings blood flow. Google it. Bronners is all natural. It is something you will love doing. Pick it up at any health food store. I put it on my thin spots when I get in the shower for a few minutes. I've taken to doing the massage on it a few times and it really soaks it in and gets it activated. You get a fresh tingling feeling. I'd miss it if I stopped

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Nice Drex Very Happy I've also been carrying on religiously with this and my scalp definitely feels different. When I had a full head of hair, it was blond and very fine on top (although there was a lot of it), and more brown on the sides, so it's a little harder to see progress with me, but I can definitely get hints of things improving every now and then.

As soon as my iPhone arrives I will take pics (got a poofy old Blackberry with terrible camera right now), cos I'm certain this is working and I want to document it.

Keep taking pics for posterity man!

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:37 pm

Exactly HP! Scalp feels different and I was getting "hints" as well for the past few weeks. In the right light at the right angle you go damn, pretty sure that didn't look like that. Finally curiosity got to me this evening to use the camera and I really didn't think I'd see what I actually saw. With the zoom on my computer picture viewer, it is even more impressive what is happening. You can already see on zoom the next picture down the road will pick up a whole other crop that's just now breaking through. Get ready for the adrenaline rush when you prove it to yourself Smile

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next