Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Is it possible to cure Seborrhoeic dermatitis? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Is it possible to cure Seborrhoeic dermatitis? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Is it possible to cure Seborrhoeic dermatitis? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Is it possible to cure Seborrhoeic dermatitis? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Is it possible to cure Seborrhoeic dermatitis? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Is it possible to cure Seborrhoeic dermatitis? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Is it possible to cure Seborrhoeic dermatitis? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Is it possible to cure Seborrhoeic dermatitis? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Is it possible to cure Seborrhoeic dermatitis? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is it possible to cure Seborrhoeic dermatitis?

+6
LawOfThelema
Duketronix
blueman99
Zaphod
missymoo
ferox
10 posters

Go down

Is it possible to cure Seborrhoeic dermatitis? Empty Is it possible to cure Seborrhoeic dermatitis?

Post  ferox Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:50 pm

Hey guys! I am suffering from a slight form of Seborrhoeic dermatitis on my scalp since my teenage and I really want to get rid of it. As far as I know it is caused by an imbalance of good and bad bacteria in the gut. Docs say that SE is not possible to cure but I don't believe this. I've tried a lot of topicals and stopped eating grains, sugar, processed foods and diary. It helped a little but still no cure.

Anybody know how to get rid of SE forever?

ferox

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to cure Seborrhoeic dermatitis? Empty Re: Is it possible to cure Seborrhoeic dermatitis?

Post  missymoo Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:48 pm

I agree with you, I think there is a cure but the cure is based on the individual and doctors don't care about the individual cause.

Are you aware of any heavy metal toxicity in your body? That leads to gut issues, get rid of the metals and you get rid of the candida.

I read about someone on curezone curing their seb derm with mercury chelation after finding out they were toxic.

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to cure Seborrhoeic dermatitis? Empty Re: Is it possible to cure Seborrhoeic dermatitis?

Post  ferox Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:08 pm

How do I find out if I have toxic metals in my body? Is there any test I can make?

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:12 pm

ferox wrote:Hey guys! I am suffering from a slight form of Seborrhoeic dermatitis on my scalp since my teenage and I really want to get rid of it. As far as I know it is caused by an imbalance of good and bad bacteria in the gut. Docs say that SE is not possible to cure but I don't believe this. I've tried a lot of topicals and stopped eating grains, sugar, processed foods and diary. It helped a little but still no cure.

Anybody know how to get rid of SE forever?

I'd start with chelation protocol CS suggests and if you want to commit more Andy Cutlers protocol looks promising...Good diet is also important. I believe strict elimination diet for a few months should point out which food you should avoid. I am talking from theory since i haven't managed to put it in my practice so far. Also electromedicine with Rife provide effective options.

For chelation - humifulvate with humic/fulvic acid works great, but at first you get more inflammation - at least it was in my case... Be sure you consume pro and prebiotics to replenish the gut flora with the goods...

You can assist the process also with topicals- rejuveplex, coconut oil, quality emu oil, white iodine,... But i'd focus more on internal battle...

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:10 am

Beebrox wrote:I'd start with chelation protocol CS suggests and if you want to commit more Andy Cutlers protocol looks promising...Good diet is also important. I believe strict elimination diet for a few months should point out which food you should avoid. I am talking from theory since i haven't managed to put it in my practice so far. Also electromedicine with Rife provide effective options.

For chelation - humifulvate with humic/fulvic acid works great, but at first you get more inflammation - at least it was in my case... Be sure you consume pro and prebiotics to replenish the gut flora with the goods...

You can assist the process also with topicals- rejuveplex, coconut oil, quality emu oil, white iodine,... But i'd focus more on internal battle...

can you tell me where to find these protocols?

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:32 am

ferox wrote:
Beebrox wrote:I'd start with chelation protocol CS suggests and if you want to commit more Andy Cutlers protocol looks promising...Good diet is also important. I believe strict elimination diet for a few months should point out which food you should avoid. I am talking from theory since i haven't managed to put it in my practice so far. Also electromedicine with Rife provide effective options.

can you tell me where to find these protocols?

you should open the chelation thread found on this forum.

here is well known cutlers protocol. I never gave it opportunity to work so i wouldn't know of what to expect. There are more knowledgeble people on this boards on this regards, be sure to find their opinions before you start.

http://onibasu.com/wiki/Cutler_protocol#Basics

What CS suggests is internal iodine with cofactors, vitamins and humifulvate, which i personally like enough to not try any others. since healthyfixx is down, you can find it on this boards in more detailed way...

about humifulvate - you can find some info here:
http://humet.com/acatalog/howitworks.html

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:13 am

Thank you very much Beerbox!

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  blueman99 Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:27 am

I would follow a strict paleo diet and get a lot of sunlight to help.
blueman99
blueman99

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:34 am

blueman99 wrote:I would follow a strict paleo diet and get a lot of sunlight to help.

I am living in germany... not much sun here... and as far as I know sunlight does not kill the root-problem, it just treat the symptoms.

I am already doing a strict paleo diet: No grains, no diary, no legumes, no processed foods, no sugar, no trans fatty acids, no processed fats, rarely alcohol. Did I forget anything?

I am also drinking homemade kefir every second day (1 liter) in the morning and evening. All that stuff didn't cure the SE.

I think that detox and probiotics is the key but I am not sure...

If anybody has some more advice I would be really thankful!

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:38 am

I've had it since my teen years and it is almost completely gone after changing my diet and metal chelation. I didn't find humic fulvate did too much for me personally. I'm sure it gently cleaned things away and may have made the cutler protocols I've done easier but I didn't see any immediate difference. I personally think cutler protocol is the way to go, but if you're never done any chelation before it may be too intense as a place to start. I now have VERY rare flare ups that coincide with a period of poor diet, it used to be constant and I'd have to keep myself from picking at my head. I tried nizoral and a bunch of things for years as well but for me I really think diet and metals was key.
I also include maintaining gut health included in there with diet FYI.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  missymoo Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:06 pm

Have you been tested for any vitamin and mineral deficiencies? For example, folate deficiency can lead to SD as can zinc deficiency. I'm sure there are others too.

Personally, although my folate is in the healthy range, my doctor says it's still too low (folate is needed to reduced homocysteine), I had a bad pitiriasis amiantacea attack on my scalp secondary to SD, I hadn't been eating my green leafy veggies because my acupuncturist told me to avoid "cold foods and salads". I'm not sure if this is what caused it, I also have pyroluria which causes b6 and zinc deficiency so that could also cause or contribute to it.

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post  blueman99 Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:22 pm

Another thing I forgot to mention is fasting. This will always clear up acne and inflammation , I would try to go 3-7 days at first on just water. And don't let fasting scare you, our bodies are built to go long periods without food.
blueman99
blueman99

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Nizoral 2 to 3 per week is very good for obliterating scalp itch.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  qzack97 Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:34 pm

Shampooing everyday will obviously clear out the seborrheic dermatitis, but this will also strip away natural oils. The root cause of seborrheic dermatitis is high levels of androgenetic hormones such as DHT, which is also what causes hair loss. If you really want to attack the root cause, take Propecia, but this may be an extreme measure, and there may be things you can do without going that far.

qzack97

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:37 pm

[quote]Shampooing everyday will obviously clear out the seborrheic dermatitis, but this will also strip away natural oils. The root cause of seborrheic dermatitis is high levels of androgenetic hormones such as DHT, which is also what causes hair loss. If you really want to attack the root cause, take Propecia, but this may be an extreme measure, and there may be things you can do without going that far.[/quote]

total bs imo.

the cause of seborraic dermititis is malezzia furfur, a fungi. granted this overgrowth may be caused by stomach flora imbalances or heavy metal burden, but its the fungal overgrowth that causes it. DHT has nothing to do with it, although the dermititis may occurr at the same time as mpb which is linked to DHT.

First theres a fungal growth, then skin overgrowth and imflammation.

definately work on curing heavy metal load and flora imbalances, but firstly use a anti-fungal, either chemical such as ketoconazole, coal tar, selenium sulphide or salicylic acid, or natural such as tea tree oil, coconut oil, sea buckthorn etc.

personally i alternate ketoconazole, selenium sulphide, and coal tar, and use a natural organic tea tree oil shampoo every 2nd day. and in the long term i strive to fix heavy metal load, and bacteria imbalances.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:10 am

rofl wrote:
Shampooing everyday will obviously clear out the seborrheic dermatitis, but this will also strip away natural oils. The root cause of seborrheic dermatitis is high levels of androgenetic hormones such as DHT, which is also what causes hair loss. If you really want to attack the root cause, take Propecia, but this may be an extreme measure, and there may be things you can do without going that far.

total bs imo.

the cause of seborraic dermititis is malezzia furfur, a fungi. granted this overgrowth may be caused by stomach flora imbalances or heavy metal burden, but its the fungal overgrowth that causes it. DHT has nothing to do with it, although the dermititis may occurr at the same time as mpb which is linked to DHT.

First theres a fungal growth, then skin overgrowth and imflammation.

definately work on curing heavy metal load and flora imbalances, but firstly use a anti-fungal, either chemical such as ketoconazole, coal tar, selenium sulphide or salicylic acid, or natural such as tea tree oil, coconut oil, sea buckthorn etc.

personally i alternate ketoconazole, selenium sulphide, and coal tar, and use a natural organic tea tree oil shampoo every 2nd day. and in the long term i strive to fix heavy metal load, and bacteria imbalances.

I also think that DHT is not the problem for SE... I would rather go bald than taking that sh*t...

Is there any link/thread that you can provide where it is explained how to start the detox with which supplements and so on? I need something like a clear manual. I really want to get rid of my SE FOREVER!!!

Thanks to everybody for their great help so far!

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:33 am

http://www.jcadonline.com/seborrheic-dermatitis-and-malassezia-species-how-are-they-related/
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:27 am

Have you tried baking soda? It's supposed to alkalinize your scalp and kill the yeast

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  missymoo Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:58 pm

I'm finding that nizoral and t-gel don't do much for me Sad I still get itchy spots soon after washing. It's clearly an internal issue for me.

Today I used a very gentle shampoo and used some neem oil, so far so good...

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down