Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
seborrheic dermatitis EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
seborrheic dermatitis EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
seborrheic dermatitis EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
seborrheic dermatitis EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
seborrheic dermatitis EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
seborrheic dermatitis EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
seborrheic dermatitis EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
seborrheic dermatitis EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
seborrheic dermatitis EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

seborrheic dermatitis

+3
orwell
TapItIn
mp
7 posters

Go down

seborrheic dermatitis Empty seborrheic dermatitis

Post  mp Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:35 pm

Has anyone here been diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis and if so did you see hair loss?
Nothing has worked for me so far to cure it and i believe its been the result of my hair thinning. Did anyone else run into this issue? is there something that worked for you?

Thanks

mp

Back to top Go down

seborrheic dermatitis Empty Re: seborrheic dermatitis

Post  TapItIn Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:43 pm

Hey man,

I had really bad seb derm what cured it for me what the use of clay topical. Apply it, and let it dry for 45 mins. This acts as a magnet and really cleans the scalp. You can make your own... overmachogrande teaches you how to make it here.

http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/hairloss/page2-newsarticles/clays_for_hair_loss

I bought a pre-made clay and used a product called scalpure which was really good in my opinion.

Next, I recommend a LLLT device. The two that I recommend are the laser messiah 2 made by overmachogrande

overmachogrande.com and worldhairloss.org

Or the Blowfish
http://lllt-therapy.com/blowfish_cordless_lazer_helmet

There is alot of good research out there too for LLLT and seb derm but I didnt get rid of it until I started using clay before and shampooed it out with a good organic shampoo.

I had really bad seb derm and nothing that the dermatologist perscribed me worked so I don't recommend any of that.
Nizoral shampoo helps somewhat but thats all. There are also some internal supplements like curcumin/resv that have helped some people on this forum.

Hope this helps.

TapItIn

Back to top Go down

Post  orwell Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:08 pm

lasers seem to work for me with this issue
also caffeine topical liquid alternating with nizoral
krill and ec keep the inflammatory affects down
a good probotic and mushroom complex
hair assist herbal spray - if you can afford it as it is expensive
nixion scalp therapy
drop some crabs
sauna
nice red wine in moderation cheers 

orwell

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:06 am

at the risk of being abused by people from a natural orientated forum, i have to say,

nothing worked for me except chemicals, and i tried several things such as tea tree oil, coconut oil, GFSE, Seabuckthorn soap, and a huge list of organic herbal shampoos.

the things that worked best were (in order of trying them)

3. Nizoral 2% (ketoconazole), it worked well, but fried my hair and scalp, and eventually the scabs would always come back.

2. Neutrogena coal tar shampoo, it worked better, but i was still stuck in a cycle, where i would be scab free for a few weeks, then get an outbreak.

1. The number one thing that worked for me, which is pretty new, is selsun gold (selenium sulphide 25mg/ml). the older selsun blue didnt work, but for some reason this does. For the first time in decades, i am consistantly scale free. it doesnt cycle on, every few weeks. its been about 1 yr seborraic dermititis hasnt been a problem, and furthermore it makes ur hair look thick. (but dont use it more than 2 times a week, its strong stuff.)

i guess i just had a resistant family of malezzia furfur , that just wouldnt die with the others. its gone now.

dont get me wrong there are some great, organic herbal shampoos, that are easy on the scalp, and i use them the other 5 days, but nothing has worked half as good as selsun gold. If u take my advice, using the strong antifungals infrequently (once it has cleared) will work better than using weak antifungals frequently imo/ime

rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  mp Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:01 am

thanks for the feedback guys,

the shampoo that my dermatologist recommended worked only if I used it every couple days and I did so for about 8 months but it seems like the condition came back and it was no longer helping. During this same period I started getting hair loss which is ongoing for about 7 months now. I went from having really thick hair about a year and half ago to thinning.
also anytime I try put on any type of oil on my scalp for treatment it seems to make my hair look thinner so that doesn't seem to be working well.

did any of you also see hair loss or thinning and if so did it recover after you got seborrheic dermatitis under control?

mp

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:40 am

Chemicals are not necessary for this.

Lithium (orotate powder) combined with a small amount of DMSO added to your shampoo. Watch it disappear.

It is a band-aid though...better to resolve the cause also.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:09 am

Do pharmacies or health stores sell lithium orotate? I can't find it anywhere.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:30 am

The fat soluble vitamins are required in balanced amounts to control the sebaceous glands, without them you tend to have sebaceous hyperplasia.

Any inflammatory cutaneous condition can cause this as well, so things like rosacea, keratosis pilaris, or eczema have to be brought under control. Ray peat actually has a pretty good article on rosacea on his site that would apply to all of these conditions. Eczema and seborrhea both have a component that is effected by the diet. Food sensitivities can be a trigger so eliminating the common ones is a good start: wheat, corn, soy, dairy.

The fats in your diet have a big role as well, after all seborrheic dermatitis isn't anything besides a mess unless you have the infection component. So controlling the types of fats in the diet is key.

I think dietary measures along with some common topical treatments (like the one CS mentioned) like witch hazel, rosemary essential oil, milk of magnesia, zinc pyrithione shampoo, etc.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down