Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Best Cheat Meal Supplement EmptyToday at 9:12 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Best Cheat Meal Supplement EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Best Cheat Meal Supplement EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Best Cheat Meal Supplement EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Best Cheat Meal Supplement EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Best Cheat Meal Supplement EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Best Cheat Meal Supplement EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Best Cheat Meal Supplement EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Best Cheat Meal Supplement EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Best Cheat Meal Supplement

+3
hadrion
AS54
NYJets
7 posters

Go down

Best Cheat Meal Supplement Empty Best Cheat Meal Supplement

Post  NYJets Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:34 pm

I've been using taurine for the rare occasion that I have a cheat meal however I feel as though the consensus is there are better. Anything nearly as cost effective that would help against some fudge cake or hagen dazs ice cream?
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Best Cheat Meal Supplement Empty Re: Best Cheat Meal Supplement

Post  AS54 Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:10 am

Alpha Lipoic Acid, Acetyl l-Carnitine, Benfotiamine will all help as far as carbohydrate is concerned. Phosphatidyl-"x" supplements can help with the absorption of fats.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:32 am

I agree with Anthony. Alpha Lipoic Acid 300mg and Acetyl L Carnitine 1000mg. I also take Green Tea extract and odorless Garlic tabs with my cheat meals.

There's a whole chapter in Tim Ferris' book 4 Hour Body called "Damage Control" which is all about things to do on your cheat day to lessen the impact of the cheating you're doing. He's a little nuts, but there's some interesting theories in there like chug 8oz of pure grapefruit juice and do 40 air squats before you cheat.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:02 am

I didn't think of green tea extract, Hadrion. Good thinking.

I was doing the air squats immediately after meals for a while. I slowed down on them lately, but I did find my digestion improved immensely from doing these. I believe I had low stomach acid issues, and HCL tabs have helped here. But when I wasn't taking them, doing the squats really eliminated that feeling of food sitting in the stomach. Eliminated any heartburn problems as well. I would eat and wait about 20 minutes and then do 2 minutes of air squats. I think Tim also said he did wall pushups was it?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:51 am

Yeah, he did wall pushups and air squats. He said he would just excuse himself in restaurants and go do them in the bathroom before eating. I've noticed they help me as well on cheat days when I remember to do them.

I also use Betaine HCL and don't go without it anymore. That and a good probiotic help me avoid that painful bloat when I cheat.

I don't get bloating on non cheat days anymore since I've eliminated grains and gluten on those days.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:36 am

Nice thread. I don't know how I would manage without cheating.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:38 am

CS,

In complete agreement. We've got to strike a balance somewhere. If I tried doing only meat, vegetables, and fruit every day of my life I might literally go insane. It wouldn't be sustainable long term without the cheat days. Not only do I find it essential just for piece of mind and sticking to a diet, its necessary to have a lifestyle that afford you a cheat day for social life's sake. I've actually had friends who were so adamant about their diet we'd go out for dinner as a group and they'd sit there and not eat anything. I just remember thinking, what is the point? What are you doing it for? If you aren't trying to be healthy for the sake of these moments, then who/what the hell are you doing it for? For that moment when you get out of the shower and notice yourself in the mirror? Please. If everything else is up to snuff, I can eat whatever I want went those moments come and not have to feel guilty. This whole getting healthy thing, and life in general, wouldn't be very great without those moments of indulgence. I'm not going to miss out on some of life's pleasures on occaision because they don't fit my macro ratios. That isn't a balanced or healthy lifestyle in my opinion.

These supps just make it all the more possible to enjoy what you want sometimes.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:14 am

Totally agree that indulging every once in a while can be healthy for the mind's state. the problem is that as the foods that prevail in society become more and more adulterated the more negative of an effect these indulgence have on our bodies AND minds. That's what I've noticed. Sticking to my diet and not indulging for long periods of time results in clearer and clearer thinking and obviously physical strides for the better. Beyond that, I notice great strides spiritually, which I believe to be the center of happiness, content, joy, peace... So while trying not to indulge even in social setting when there aren't other options, getting healthy for me isn't really for an "I look good" moment in the mirror (although it sure can promote positive emotions hahaha) as much as it is for inner happiness and therefore enjoyment of life at all times, whether indulging, reading, going to work or waiting in line at the DMV.

But that being said, I indulge way too much hahah... The above is more of an ideal. So yea! Bring on the cheat supp's! Great thread! I'm kind of lost in between thoughts and have to run, but I think an important supp would be something to neutralize nuerotoxins (because indulging for me mostly leads to a complete mind state change towards the addictive side) and then for morning after something like MCP or humifulvate (or both) to gobble up some of the free metals you're probably consuming while indulging.

I didn;t get a chance to read this over, so if i said anything that could be interpreted as an attack or if i offended anyone I apologize and had no intentions of that. Kind of a standard disclaimer that needs to be announced when talking deeply about life haha... I'm gonna go eat some oreos...
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:21 am

My problem is my extremely health conscious, and critiqued diet has over time caused my body to develop a hyper sensitivity to most of the "indulgence" type foods/ beverages to where I can no longer tolerate them or have a desire for them. For example as a kid I used to love cakes, pies, cookies and stuff, and now days most of that stuff makes me feel sick unless I made it myself...
Another example is alcohol, I am such a light light drinker now its not even funny, and a shot of anything is out of the question, shots are too strong now, where as in college i could do a couple 151 shots...

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:21 am

Yanks wrote:Totally agree that indulging every once in a while can be healthy for the mind's state. the problem is that as the foods that prevail in society become more and more adulterated the more negative of an effect these indulgence have on our bodies AND minds. That's what I've noticed. Sticking to my diet and not indulging for long periods of time results in clearer and clearer thinking and obviously physical strides for the better. Beyond that, I notice great strides spiritually, which I believe to be the center of happiness, content, joy, peace... So while trying not to indulge even in social setting when there aren't other options, getting healthy for me isn't really for an "I look good" moment in the mirror (although it sure can promote positive emotions hahaha) as much as it is for inner happiness and therefore enjoyment of life at all times, whether indulging, reading, going to work or waiting in line at the DMV.

But that being said, I indulge way too much hahah... The above is more of an ideal. So yea! Bring on the cheat supp's! Great thread! I'm kind of lost in between thoughts and have to run, but I think an important supp would be something to neutralize nuerotoxins (because indulging for me mostly leads to a complete mind state change towards the addictive side) and then for morning after something like MCP or humifulvate (or both) to gobble up some of the free metals you're probably consuming while indulging.

I didn;t get a chance to read this over, so if i said anything that could be interpreted as an attack or if i offended anyone I apologize and had no intentions of that. Kind of a standard disclaimer that needs to be announced when talking deeply about life haha... I'm gonna go eat some oreos...

I really like activated charcoal for this purpose. Combined with something like bentonite clay. I usually do this a few hours before bed time. Then I have something to count on when I wake up.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:49 pm

J987 wrote:My problem is my extremely health conscious, and critiqued diet has over time caused my body to develop a hyper sensitivity to most of the "indulgence" type foods/ beverages to where I can no longer tolerate them or have a desire for them. For example as a kid I used to love cakes, pies, cookies and stuff, and now days most of that stuff makes me feel sick unless I made it myself......

Same here.

I can still handle the alcohol though Smile

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:44 am

Usually, on my cheat day I'll start the day off with a non-cheat breakfast with at least 30-50g's of protein. That gives me a nice base that curbs insane hunger. I started off one cheat day with pancakes and ended up eating twice as much food as I do when I start the day with protein.

My lunch will either be a burger and fries (we have a great grass fed burger place that does their fries in olive oil near me) or pizza. After that, I'm stuffed and the rest of the day I can only eat very small portions of cheat foods. I rarely can have a 2nd meal or dinner. My body has lost the capacity to graze. We'll sometimes go out to dinner, but I can barely eat what's on my plate.

As far as alcohol, I've really lost the taste for it. My wife, however, has not so I let her make cocktails and will drink a few with her. My capacity and tolerance for booze is very low. A couple of drinks are my max on cheat day (I don't drink any other day).

Ideally, what I've noticed is cheat day is more mental for me. If I want chocolate cake all week, I'll have a piece on cheat day. Even if I try hard though, I can't eat the volume of foods I used to. I remember days where I'd polish off a hero sandwich with a bag of chips for lunch, have snacks in the afternoon and then eat pizza or Chinese for dinner and still have room for desert. I'm not capable of doing that any longer.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down