Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 3 EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 3 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Beginning my oil pulling journey

+35
TrueGround
Orchid
duel_black
RisingFist
theseeker86
jeruslan
MilBA
Espio
Silverlin
goten574
JeetKuneDo
whodathunkit
bh2o
Delphine
mike78
Prague
thissucks
LooseGroove
CausticSymmetry
Mastery
sdguy
Yanks
hapyman
phoenix21
hadrion
scottyc33
TexasMedicine
imprisoned-radical
9rugrats5
dadon
pancacke
Quisque
Columbo
Smurfy
Hairbeback
39 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 3 Empty Re: Beginning my oil pulling journey

Post  LooseGroove Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:12 am

sdguy wrote:I'm using coconut oil and it becomes white after 15 minutes or so every time.

Thanks. How are you liquefying your coconut oil?

LooseGroove

Back to top Go down

Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 3 Empty Re: Beginning my oil pulling journey

Post  hadrion Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:27 am

LooseGroove wrote:
sdguy wrote:I'm using coconut oil and it becomes white after 15 minutes or so every time.

Thanks. How are you liquefying your coconut oil?

I know in my case I take somewhere between a teaspoon and tablespoon in the solid form and chew it until it liquifies. Once it's liquid (usually w/in 20 seconds) I start pulling. I don't swallow any of it. It's silly to me to heat it up first when it will melt in your mouth in a few seconds.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:26 am

I do the same thing as hadrion. At first I would warm it up but then realized that chewing it is a heck of a lot faster and easier.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:59 am

You guys are refrigerating your coconut oil? I just leave it out, because it gets so freaking hard in the fridge.

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:19 am

Don't need to refrigerate it, stays plenty hard in the cupboard!

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:31 am

sdguy wrote:Don't need to refrigerate it, stays plenty hard in the cupboard!

Really? We keep the house pretty cold here in northeast Ohio, but my coconut oil is still soft and goopy at room temperature (I have Dr. Bronner's brand from Whole Foods).

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:48 am

I've used a few different brands and they all pretty much stay solid. During warm summer times they got a little goopy, but definitely not now. Maybe I keep the house cooler than you since I live in San Diego and never turn on the heat. This is the one I'm currently using:

http://www.iherb.com/Garden-of-Life-Living-Foods-Coconut-Oil-Extra-Virgin-32-fl-oz-946ml/11662?at=hil335

and I'm pretty sure Brian is using the one he rec'd in the HF article:

http://bit.ly/vMCTtc

It's a little cheaper so I'll probably go with it next order.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:13 am

hadrion wrote:CS - Are you seeing any results with your teeth like I am? I'm just doing my oil pulling and I'm brushing with the Now flouride free toothpaste that has papain in it for whitening. My mouth is in fantastic shape and my teeth look whiter than ever.

Yes, it's definitely doing something. I'm looking forward to all the improvements, especially the teeth whitening, as I understand it's a gradual process. I also brush my teeth afterwards using a xylitol toothpaste. I use Xyliwhite Platinum. That product seems to help keep my teeth in decent condition.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:15 am

My coconut oil stays solid in the jar at room temp. I live in the north east. I literally just dig in a small spoon and put whatever comes out into my mouth. It's fairly simple. It melts in your mouth quickly.

The only hard part is you have to avoid anything that makes you laugh. I was listening to Opie & Anthony while I was pulling the other morning and the comedian Jim Norton on the show said something that made laugh and I ended up spitting the coconut oil out of mouth all over my new 27'' iMac monitor.

The effects on appetite are real. I'm not as hungry during the day since I've been pulling. It's pretty amazing.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:19 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
hadrion wrote:CS - Are you seeing any results with your teeth like I am? I'm just doing my oil pulling and I'm brushing with the Now flouride free toothpaste that has papain in it for whitening. My mouth is in fantastic shape and my teeth look whiter than ever.

Yes, it's definitely doing something. I'm looking forward to all the improvements, especially the teeth whitening, as I understand it's a gradual process. I also brush my teeth afterwards using a xylitol toothpaste. I use Xyliwhite Platinum. That product seems to help keep my teeth in decent condition.

I'm using that Now Xylitol toothpaste with papain for whitening on iherb. I think you linked me to it awhile ago. My wife also loves it. We're off fluoride toothpaste now although since it's in our tap water I'm not sure how fluoride free we are.

The biggest shock for me was the bottom row of my teeth in the center of my mouth had some tartar/plaque buildup on it that I was going to have to go to the dentist for. You guys have me terrified of dentists now though so I was putting it off. All of that buildup is gone once I started pulling. Also the occasional brushing my gums w/salt or vit C cystals also helped remove it. No dentist for me now.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:23 am

hadrion - I love the appetite effects (less of an appetite) and the other day, I had to sneeze. Somehow I managed to keep the coconut oil still in my mouth. And I figured that probably sooner or later I'll laugh and spray it out on something.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:46 am

^
Done that a few times haha... my problem is trying to go for 20 minutes without ingesting some of the oil
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:59 am

Great that you started this simple remedy, it really works wonders, I still use it and some might profit from my experience:

1)coconut is far the best one, i tried most of them (even butter - not bad btw) but i prefer VCO because of the taste, the second I would rate flax seed coldpressed and sesame (or butter) as third although i do not like the taste
2)you can swallow it, it works the same way, but not so fast and less benefit for your mouth/teeth hygiene, the mouth saliva contains the most bicarbonates for the "alkali hydrolysis" (the way it works - the mechanism is based on "electric" exchange)
3)20min is not neccessary, when it turns liquid, it's over
4)definitely, mood up and less hungry, more energy, no placebo
5)great for tobacco lovers - it's the most efficient thing in preventing cancer in your mouth (not only)

6)the best one works for hair in a long run Smile be patient

Good luck and share!

Last edited by Prague on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistyping)

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:57 am

Prague wrote:Great that you started this simple remedy, it really works wonders, I still use it and some might profit from my experience:

1)coconut is far the best one, i tried most of them (even butter - not bad btw) but i prefer VCO because of the taste, the second I would rate flax seed coldpressed and sesame (or butter) as third although i do not like the taste
2)you can swallow it, it works the same way, but not so fast and less benefit for your mouth/teeth hygiene, the mouth saliva contains the most bicarbonates for the "alkali hydrolysis" (the way it works - the mechanism is based on "electric" exchange)
5)great for tobacco lovers - it's the most efficient thing in preventing cancer in your mouth (not only)

6)the best one works for hair in a long run :) be patient

Good luck and share!
Please don't swallow! The oil pulls toxins from your blood/mouth which you'll want to spit out...

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:06 am

Prague - Thanks for clarifying on the time. I thought about this a lot and it seems unnecessary to go for so long. I have tried 20 minutes, 15 minutes and 10 minutes, and it's all the same from what I can tell. I think I might keep it as long as 5 minutes, like you said, probably the same result.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:56 am

pancacke wrote:
Prague wrote:Great that you started this simple remedy, it really works wonders, I still use it and some might profit from my experience:

6)the best one works for hair in a long run Smile be patient

Good luck and share!
Please don't swallow! The oil pulls toxins from your blood/mouth which you'll want to spit out...

Do it as you please, you can even believe the nonsense you posted, i won't argue but oil doesn't pull anything, it's about the part you absorb.

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:59 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Prague - Thanks for clarifying on the time. I thought about this a lot and it seems unnecessary to go for so long. I have tried 20 minutes, 15 minutes and 10 minutes, and it's all the same from what I can tell. I think I might keep it as long as 5 minutes, like you said, probably the same result.

you're welcome CS, I rarely exceed 2mins - as soon as it turns to water the game is over

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:23 am

Prague wrote:Do it as you please, you can even believe the nonsense you posted, i won't argue but oil doesn't pull anything, it's about the part you absorb.
Sure they called it oil pulling because it does not^^

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:57 am

Here is a study that reveals at least one of this mechanisms:

http://www.ijdr.in/article.asp?issn=0970-9290;year=2011;volume=22;issue=1;spage=34;epage=37;aulast=Asokan

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:36 pm

This is a very good strategy and fits in with what I'd refer to as a (developing) unified theory of medicine that I feel I am developing based on all the experiences I have had over the years, and all the contributors to this site.

In so many ways it is entirely consistent with the principles of environmental contamination, resutant pathogenic infections, organ dysfunction, and so on.

I am only frustrated that I did not come across this earlier.

Prague - my apologies for being out of touch for so long. Do you or CS have any other suggestions for recovery protocols other than the following:- negatve ions, cellular reviving food, ocean, mountains, exercise, meditation, tai chi (or other similar energetic discplines), massage, Rife, SCIO, running, swimming, supplements, adaptogens, chelation (appropriately), yoga, love, oil pulling, intestinal cleanses (enemas, colonics), earthing & LLLT.

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  mike78 Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:22 am

Has anyone had issues doing this with metal fillings? I'm looking to begin an oil pulling routine after reading about the numerous benefits mentioned on this site, but I've read some mixed reviews as it relates to fillings.

Anyone have first hand experience with this, either way?

Also, if I eventually have the fillings removed, what is the best replacement material?

- Mike

mike78

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:41 am

Oil pulling is gentle and does not affect dental work, which is meant to withstand heavy-duty chewing. I've been doing OP on and off for years and my fillings are still there.

If you have your mercury fillings removed, make sure they are replaced with bio-compatible material. Work with a good holistic dentist.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:05 pm

I wouldn't assume it's not going to affect your fillings... if you've seen "The Beautiful Truth" there's a scene where they show the amount of mercury vapor coming off of an amalgam when being stimulated by body temp water and an eraser. It's almost twice the amount of the level they "evacuate the plant" from as is stated in the film.

That being said, I would still oil pull if I were you. There's no avoiding that problem as long as the amalgams are in there. oil pulling has too many benefits to worry about how it will effect the amalgams. it probably releases less than eating would anyway.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  bh2o Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:24 pm

I've been doing it for about a week now. I have about 8 amalgam fillings and I have not noticed anything bad that would make me worry. One of the reasons that I started this is because of these fillings and potential cavitations. Since I cannot undertake the removal of the fillings at the moment, I am trying this. So far, so good.

It feels very natural to do first thing in the morning. I use coconut oil as well. I enjoy it more than brushing actually.
bh2o
bh2o

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:52 pm

Would oil pulling mitigate the problems associated with root canals?

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next