Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Beginning my oil pulling journey

+35
TrueGround
Orchid
duel_black
RisingFist
theseeker86
jeruslan
MilBA
Espio
Silverlin
goten574
JeetKuneDo
whodathunkit
bh2o
Delphine
mike78
Prague
thissucks
LooseGroove
CausticSymmetry
Mastery
sdguy
Yanks
hapyman
phoenix21
hadrion
scottyc33
TexasMedicine
imprisoned-radical
9rugrats5
dadon
pancacke
Quisque
Columbo
Smurfy
Hairbeback
39 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 2 Empty Re: Beginning my oil pulling journey

Post  phoenix21 Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:34 am

I had a similar experience with oil pulling, I also think it was beneficial. I did it for about a week and a half and it seemed to help my gums a lot. Also used coconut oil. Ended up stopping because I actually think it loosened up part of a composite filling that came out when I was chewing one day! It may have been complete coincidence, but it seemed to loosen up tartar, etc. so I attributed it to the pulling. I would still be doing it now if I werent worried about the fillings in my teeth. As far as your comment about skin goes, others have reported this effect. Some have theorized that these oils are getting absorbed sublingually which might explain this.

phoenix21

Back to top Go down

Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 2 Empty Re: Beginning my oil pulling journey

Post  hapyman Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:58 am

TexasMedicine wrote:I tried oil pulling for a period of 3 months but stopped about a month ago, my teeth are just as weak and I feel just as fatigued and toxic as ever. Granted I was using Crisco brand Sunflower Oil which is not refrigerated or cold-pressed and comes in a transparent plastic bottle, but surely there should have been some minor difference at least?

Your lack of results are probably directly related to the quality if you oil. Polyunsaturated fats are easily oxidized and I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case with your oil. Not to mention the plasticbottle is leeching toxins into the oil you are using to detox. You can usually find the brand full-spectrum in some local stores they sellthe cold pressed unrefined version around me. The less processed the betted because these fats will start incorporating themselves into your tissues and cell membranes.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:20 am

After a week and a half I must say my teeth are whiter.....and a slight swelling on one of my gums has gone down. I don't know if it is coicidence either, but I will continue oil pulling for 3 months and update with results.

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:49 am

What's disgusting to me re: the dental community and medical community is in less than a week I've completely changed the condition of my mouth by oil pulling yet they will pump flouride products and chemicals into people's mouth to "protect" their teeth or to whiten them. My teeth from oil pulling look like I had them bleached. Think about all the crap people are using to whiten their teeth when all they would have to do is swish some oil around their mouths 20 minutes a morning. And if you tell normal people about this they look at you like you're the crazy one.

I don't know if there will be other health benefits from the pulling since I'm way too early in it to know. That said, the oral results happened fast. This has turned out to be a completely effective oral regimen. I'm not using any flouride products. I brush with Xylitol toothpaste that has papain in it from NOW. My mouth is in a completely different state than it was.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  TexasMedicine Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:36 pm

hapyman wrote:
TexasMedicine wrote:I tried oil pulling for a period of 3 months but stopped about a month ago, my teeth are just as weak and I feel just as fatigued and toxic as ever. Granted I was using Crisco brand Sunflower Oil which is not refrigerated or cold-pressed and comes in a transparent plastic bottle, but surely there should have been some minor difference at least?

Your lack of results are probably directly related to the quality if you oil. Polyunsaturated fats are easily oxidized and I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case with your oil. Not to mention the plasticbottle is leeching toxins into the oil you are using to detox. You can usually find the brand full-spectrum in some local stores they sellthe cold pressed unrefined version around me. The less processed the betted because these fats will start incorporating themselves into your tissues and cell membranes.
Makes sense, I should know not to go to the supermarket for those kinds of products. I definitely should give oil pulling another go, and while sunflower and sesame seem to be the preferred oils, the lack of rancidity of coconut oil makes it an attractive option.

TexasMedicine

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:09 pm

TM, if you have not tried sesame oil yet, I'd recommend you give it a try in precedence to other oils. Organic, cold pressed, if you can find it.

Quoting from the unreliable Smile wikipedia-
"Despite sesame oil's high proportion (41%) of polyunsaturated (Omega-6) fatty acids, it is least prone, among cooking oils with high smoke points, to turn rancid when kept in the open.[5] This is due to the natural antioxidants present in the oil.[6]"

But I have read this elsewhere too that sesame oil has a relatively longer shelf life.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  TexasMedicine Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:54 pm

So I finally went out and bought some organic coconut oil, $7 for 300 grams which I thought was reasonable. To ensure I don't waste my time, is the optimal amount a tablespoon (I understand it has to be mildly heated in order to liquify it), and this will sound stupid - but any pointers on swishing technique - areas of the mouth to aim for, speed etc? Very Happy

TexasMedicine

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:54 pm

I would start with little less thank you think is enough to get used to swishing movements and increase as you feel necessary from there. No need to heat the oil it will liquify from your body temp. It begins to liquify well 98 degrees F
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 am

I haven't noticed the skin moisturizing effect but my teeth do look and feel a little better from oil pulling in the am with coconut oil. Thanks for all the info guys, this thread helped inspire Brian to write it up on HealthyFixx.

http://healthyfixx.com/52/whiten-teeth-and-freshen-breath-for-next-to-nothing

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:12 am

sdguy wrote:I haven't noticed the skin moisturizing effect but my teeth do look and feel a little better from oil pulling in the am with coconut oil. Thanks for all the info guys, this thread helped inspire Brian to write it up on HealthyFixx.

http://healthyfixx.com/52/whiten-teeth-and-freshen-breath-for-next-to-nothing

Loved the Healthy Fixx post today. Oil pulling with coconut oil has changed the condition of my mouth so dramatically it's not even funny. I'm a couple of weeks in and it looks like I had a professional bleaching. It's bizarre. Also, tooth sensitivity has decreased completely. I never was a smoker, but I was a diet cola drinker for a large part of my life and my teeth were never pearly white - now they are brighter than I can remember. It's awesome and cheap. Already have the oil to cook with. Great stuff.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:49 am

TexasMedicine wrote:
hapyman wrote:

Makes sense, I should know not to go to the supermarket for those kinds of products. I definitely should give oil pulling another go, and while sunflower and sesame seem to be the preferred oils, the lack of rancidity of coconut oil makes it an attractive option.

Texas - do you have mercury feelings?
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  TexasMedicine Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:13 am

Nope, I don't have any fillings. Also is it best to brush your teeth before and after oil pulling or is this unnecessary?

TexasMedicine

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:37 am

Not really necessary to do anything before you start oil pulling in the morning but it is important to rinse really well afterward. I rinse my mouth out with lukewarm sea salt water and it works pretty well. Then I usually brush with a natural toothpaste to help get out the rest.

Interested to see others take on it.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:52 am

So far I really like oil pulling. I fancy coconut oil the most (organic). It might be my imagination but, I have haven't been as hungry as usual--time will tell if this is placebo or just coincidence. I get the feeling (this is purely subjective) that this improves the good to bad bacteria ratio and naturally reduces bacterial endotoxins to a point where my food cravings are better.

There's already research that suggests that bacteria balance influences certain food cravings. Oh, and I while I'm at it, overall, there's a mood elevation (am I imaging this?).

Gastrointestinal tract seems better than ever. I haven't had any issues before, but still everything seems better than before.

I'm not paying too much attention to the cosmetic benefits yet, because it's too soon. Still, something seems to be happening with this.

Well before I started trying it myself, I suggested to many friends to use it for tooth pain, and the results have been very good.

I'll report back later if my experience so far is coincidental or not.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:16 am

@CS it's funny you mention improved mood and appetite, I've noticed the same things but thought it might be because I used the blood electrifier a few times last week. Will hold off on the electrifier to see if this continues.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:35 am

I like the coconut oil as well. I made a mixture half coconut oil half sunflower oil. Also I added a couple drops of wintergreen oil to my second batch and I really like it. It gives a really refreshing taste to the oil. I should premise that with the fact that I actually love the taste of coconut oil but the wintergreen drops just make it better.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:26 am

That's a good idea, I love the taste of wintergreen though not sure how it would taste with coconut. I tried sunflower oil a while back and much prefer coconut oil's taste. Where'd you get the drops?

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:07 am

Yeah I happened to have it lying around from one of my topical creations. I just bought some pure wintergreen oil on a website I found. I could probably check the bottle for the website when I get home. I wouldn't be worried about mixing it with coconut oil as I use coconut in my oil mixture. It adds a nice cooling and minty finish to the oil. I would recommend it to other oil pullers and it doesn't take a lot to get the effect.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  LooseGroove Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:13 am

I tried oil pulling for the first time today. I used organic coconut oil for 20 minutes. The article on the Healthy Fixx website says the oil "should turn a thin, milky white." When I spit it out, it was definitely thinner, but was the same clear color as when I started. Does anyone know if this is normal for coconut oil not to change color?

LooseGroove

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:00 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:So far I really like oil pulling. I fancy coconut oil the most (organic). It might be my imagination but, I have haven't been as hungry as usual--time will tell if this is placebo or just coincidence. I get the feeling (this is purely subjective) that this improves the good to bad bacteria ratio and naturally reduces bacterial endotoxins to a point where my food cravings are better.

There's already research that suggests that bacteria balance influences certain food cravings. Oh, and I while I'm at it, overall, there's a mood elevation (am I imaging this?).

Gastrointestinal tract seems better than ever. I haven't had any issues before, but still everything seems better than before.

I'm not paying too much attention to the cosmetic benefits yet, because it's too soon. Still, something seems to be happening with this.

Well before I started trying it myself, I suggested to many friends to use it for tooth pain, and the results have been very good.

I'll report back later if my experience so far is coincidental or not.

CS - You're not imagining it. I'm having the same experience. I'm also shedding some fat while on it. I think it's for real. The skin moisturizing aspect has lessened for me though since it's gotten colder and dryer here in the north east.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:15 pm

hadrion - That's great, and I noticed that slimming effect too. It literally feels like I'm raising my metabolism somehow. And who knows, maybe it works by increasing bacteroidetes while decreasing firmicutes bacteria. This creates a slimming effect.

Here's a basic explanation if this turns out to last.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/how-bodily-bacteria-can-contribute-to-weight-gain/

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:56 pm

LooseGroove wrote:I tried oil pulling for the first time today. I used organic coconut oil for 20 minutes. The article on the Healthy Fixx website says the oil "should turn a thin, milky white." When I spit it out, it was definitely thinner, but was the same clear color as when I started. Does anyone know if this is normal for coconut oil not to change color?

I'm using coconut oil and it becomes white after 15 minutes or so every time.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:32 pm

sdguy wrote:
LooseGroove wrote:I tried oil pulling for the first time today. I used organic coconut oil for 20 minutes. The article on the Healthy Fixx website says the oil "should turn a thin, milky white." When I spit it out, it was definitely thinner, but was the same clear color as when I started. Does anyone know if this is normal for coconut oil not to change color?

I'm using coconut oil and it becomes white after 15 minutes or so every time.

What do you mean by 'white'? Coconut oil is supposed to be more or less white anyway.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:41 pm

imprisoned-radical wrote:
sdguy wrote:I'm using coconut oil and it becomes white after 15 minutes or so every time.

What do you mean by 'white'? Coconut oil is supposed to be more or less white anyway.

Only when it's solid, when liquid it's clear. After swishing around in my mouth for a while it gets milky white again. Sites claim it's the bacteria and toxins that turn it white but I imagine a lot of the color is from bubbles.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:17 am

CS - Are you seeing any results with your teeth like I am? I'm just doing my oil pulling and I'm brushing with the Now flouride free toothpaste that has papain in it for whitening. My mouth is in fantastic shape and my teeth look whiter than ever.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next