Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
high glycemic foods, dairy intake, high fat diet, and iodine cause acne EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
high glycemic foods, dairy intake, high fat diet, and iodine cause acne EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
high glycemic foods, dairy intake, high fat diet, and iodine cause acne EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
high glycemic foods, dairy intake, high fat diet, and iodine cause acne EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
high glycemic foods, dairy intake, high fat diet, and iodine cause acne EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
high glycemic foods, dairy intake, high fat diet, and iodine cause acne EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
high glycemic foods, dairy intake, high fat diet, and iodine cause acne EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
high glycemic foods, dairy intake, high fat diet, and iodine cause acne EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
high glycemic foods, dairy intake, high fat diet, and iodine cause acne EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

high glycemic foods, dairy intake, high fat diet, and iodine cause acne

+6
TexasMedicine
TheFunkyStumpfighter
crincrin
sdguy
scottyc33
teacup
10 posters

Go down

high glycemic foods, dairy intake, high fat diet, and iodine cause acne Empty high glycemic foods, dairy intake, high fat diet, and iodine cause acne

Post  teacup Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:30 pm

Quote:
Eur J Dermatol. 2010 Sep 7. [Epub ahead of print]
The influence of dietary patterns on acne vulgaris in Koreans.

Abstract

The association between acne and food has been evaluated with inconsistent results. We enrolled 783 patients with acne and 502 control subjects. For the patients with acne, blood tests for insulin, insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3), post prandial 2 hours blood glucose (PP2), and dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate (DHEAS) were performed. The acne patients were divided into an "aggravated by food" group (AF) and a "not aggravated by food" group (NAF). All participants were asked to fill out a questionnaire. The frequency of vegetables (yellow, green leafy, cruciferous) (P = .001) and fish (white flesh and green fish, blue tuna) ((P = .03) intake was significantly higher in the control group than in the acne group. Intake of instant noodles (P = .01), junk food (P = .002), carbonated drinks (P = .005), snacks (P = .001), processed cheeses (P = .04), pork (braised) (P = .02), pork (roast) (P < .001), chicken (fried) (P = .001), chicken (stewed) (P = .001), nuts (P = .002) and seaweed (P = .003) were significantly higher in the acne patients than in the controls. Intake of roast pork (P = .02), fried chicken (P < .02), and nuts (P = .03) was significantly higher in the AF than NAF. In addition, the regularity of inter-meal intervals (P < .001) and breakfast intake (P < .001) were significantly lower in the acne patients. IGF-1 and IGFBP-3 showed sexual differences.

This study also showed that a high glycemic load diet, dairy food intake, high fat diet, and iodine in Korean foods appear to play a role in acne exacerbation. In addition, irregular dietary patterns were found to aggravate acne.

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20822969
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

high glycemic foods, dairy intake, high fat diet, and iodine cause acne Empty Re: high glycemic foods, dairy intake, high fat diet, and iodine cause acne

Post  scottyc33 Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:25 am

Yup.

Only an idiot dermatologist will tell you that diet doesn't have anything to do with acne.

The rest of us with common sense know better.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

high glycemic foods, dairy intake, high fat diet, and iodine cause acne Empty Re: high glycemic foods, dairy intake, high fat diet, and iodine cause acne

Post  teacup Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:30 am

what's interesting is the study says iodine and fat cause acne
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:18 am

teacup wrote:what's interesting is the study says iodine and fat cause acne

What kinds of fats? Healthy saturated fats or damaged vegetable oils? If you look at the foods listed in the acne group you see they mention fried chicken and junk food, which may mean french fries and potato chips. For dairy they mention processed cheese so I imagine they're talking about pasteurized milk too, not exactly the same thing as organic, full-fat, plain yogurt or raw milk. From what I can see the study only confirms that a whole foods diet is better for you than a processed foods diet.

This lead-in is important too "The association between acne and food has been evaluated with inconsistent results."

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:48 am

I iodine connection has to do with bromide detox.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  crincrin Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:44 am

scottyc33 wrote:I iodine connection has to do with bromide detox.

This is a common claim, but I'm not convinced that it's true. If you go over to curezone, the people there will claim that every side effect is attributable to bromide detox. How do we know that it's really bromide detox and not a side effect of the iodine?

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:12 am

This study proves nothing, it is likely just a pure "get a grade on something" paper for a student somewhere. The study doesn't even present itself under the pretense that it is proving anything, nothing about it could even remotely be considered concrete even in the least. More specifically it does not state iodine causes acne, it draws a very loose correlation based on dietary factors that is neither proven or disproven, it's simply presented as an observation.

I think a lot of the less than desirable effects from taking iodine are attributed to bromide because that's what's probably being stirred up the most. Iodine is not like a multivitamin, or fish oil caps, or most of the supplements people here may or may not be taking. This stuff is going to displace and stir up all kinds of things in your system, and unless you're proactive in trapping and excreting these things, your body is going to try to do the job itself. Taking iodine but continuing to live unhealthy could very well cause you to continuously detox, this isn't just conjecture on curezone, the iodine will displace quite a few different things and your skin will be where they go if your liver and kidneys are already too taxed to handle the load.

I think this is more why people seem to feel like ass when taking iodine, you can't just take it while continuing to eat bromine heavy foods (like most breads), use flouride laced substances, and contacting mercury filled garbage, then expect the iodine to not continuously stir it up. Iodine is one of those things that you either dedicate the time and effort into taking it properly, or you're going to have a real crummy experience with it. That's my opinion anyway.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  TexasMedicine Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:24 pm

scottyc33 wrote:Yup.

Only an idiot dermatologist will tell you that diet doesn't have anything to do with acne.

The rest of us with common sense know better.
I went to a well-respected nutritionist recently who looked at my diet and said "yep, it's fine, looks like your acne isn't caused by diet, but by hormones". Doesn't diet at least partly influence hormones? So disillusioned with modern medicine.

TexasMedicine

Back to top Go down

Post  sky-walker Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:29 pm

I never had acne or any skin problem with iodine but i agree for bad diet .

sky-walker

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:34 pm

I believe that iodine can cause acne but only has a detox symptom.

When i started with iodoral i all of a sudden got some breakouts, not many but they were those really big pimples that never seem to have a "head", they are always under the skin.

They went away though after about two weeks.

theseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:46 pm

You can get rid of these pimples by putting some iodine on it Very Happy

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:09 am

Maybe I misread the abstract, but is it a combination of these foods or is it just particular food that is causing is in the acne feed group. You should be eating low glycemic or have a low glycemic load in you diet anyway to reduce inflammation, but braised pork, fried chicken, are they looking at these foods only or what is used in addition to cook these foods. And then carbonated drinks, with real sugar or some type of sugar substitute?

What I come away from this abstract is that a questionnaire or survey tells us that diet may be implicated in acne and requires further study.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down