Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Iodine intake how much is enough EmptyYesterday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
Iodine intake how much is enough EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Iodine intake how much is enough EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Iodine intake how much is enough EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Iodine intake how much is enough EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Iodine intake how much is enough EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Iodine intake how much is enough EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Iodine intake how much is enough EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Iodine intake how much is enough EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Iodine intake how much is enough

3 posters

Go down

Iodine intake how much is enough Empty Iodine intake how much is enough

Post  Lucky13 Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:46 am

Ok so I've read a few posts where people are taking roughly 12.5 mg of iodine. I read that dr brownstein(thinks that's his name) says that this is the ideal amount daily. I feel I do have a few symptoms of a thyroid issue. My next purchase is going to include iodine in liquid form. Right now I only get iodine from my diet and my multivitamin which is most likely not near enough to keep a balanced thyroid. So with this iodine I was going to take 4 drops daily (600mcg each drop) and see if this would help. I know its not the ideal 12.5 mg but it should help right? Or should I just stop fooling myself and just take the recommended amount of 12.5

Lucky13

Back to top Go down

Iodine intake how much is enough Empty Re: Iodine intake how much is enough

Post  kijumn Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:04 am

A quote from David Brownstein

"However, 50 mg/day of iodine in an individual ill with a serious illness such as cancer or an autoimmune disorder may be insufficient to meet their needs. My clinical and laboratory experience has shown that ill individuals generally need more iodine as compared to healthy individuals. At 25-50 mg/day of iodine, it may take years for an ill individual to become iodine sufficient."

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-f1/iodine-deficiency-an-under-recognized-epidemic-by-david-brownstein-md-t2747.htm

I would consider hair loss a very serious illness.

Also, don't forget your selenium to balance the thyroid ... preferabbly as selenomethionine. Be even better with the companion nutrients.

Also, I believe it was Dr. Flechas that reported that he didn't see any benefits to Iodine until he got his patients 6 mg or more ... something along those lines. So again, 6 mg really should be the bare minimum.

A good quote

" The vast majority of people, 98 to 99 percent, can take iodine in doses ranging from 10 to 200 mg a day without any clinically adverse affects on thyroid function."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/miller/miller20.html

If you're worried about taking large amounts of Iodine (e.g. Lugol's) then I'd recommend Nascent (e.g. Magnascent) or detoxified.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky13 Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:26 am

Thanks for the info JDP, I just recently read David Brownsteins article on iodine so I thought I should ask because the amount I was going to be taking seemed to be a lot less than what he recommends. Is there a good website or well known store(I live in canada) that would sell lugols? I usually buy my supplements off vitacost and their selection of iodine isn't that great thus why I was going to try the low dose because it would require over 20 drops of what I was going to order. Thanks again I appreciate the answers.

Lucky13

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:42 am

I've ordered from both these stores and they are good to go. Jcrows is also a good brand.

http://www.jcrows.com/iodine.html

http://www.swansonsvitamins.com/LGS001/ItemDetail?n=0

Detoxified which is also good =

http://www.iodinesource.com/

Not sure if magnascent ships overseas as I'm having problems with there site in order to check but here is there link http://www.magnascent.com/index.php

With that said, the Iodine docs are using Lugol's. It's the standard but it's always worth considering trying other options now and again as each has it's own benefits. Not to mention, nascent and detoxified iodine are good for those who believe Iodine is toxic (it's not though) as you can get by with a fraction of the dose of Lugol's for the same benefits.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:56 am

Am hoping Iodoral is ok, since I just ordered quite a large supply of it.

diffuse

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky13 Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:11 pm

Thanks JDP , ok I have decided to buy the swansons 2% iodine. How many drops is a suffice amount and how long does a bottle last. Never taken a fluid supplement before lol.

Lucky13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky13 Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:14 pm

Ok just ordered lugols 2%, selenium and metal shield which has humifulvate (which was buy one get one free at swansons!) along with my usual (curc, resv, toco, omega 3, multivit, vit d) so again thanks for the info I will keep you posted as I take these new supps and hopefully get some good results not only for my hair but for overall well being.

Lucky13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down