Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Iodine/iodide intake EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
Iodine/iodide intake EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Iodine/iodide intake EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Iodine/iodide intake EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Iodine/iodide intake EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Iodine/iodide intake EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Iodine/iodide intake EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Iodine/iodide intake EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Iodine/iodide intake EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Iodine/iodide intake

+5
CausticSymmetry
lund
blackjack
RobHealthMan
europe
9 posters

Go down

Iodine/iodide intake Empty Iodine/iodide intake

Post  europe Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:09 am

i remember after my first administration of lugol's, i had a huge boost in energy.
I also took it in the evening and i had energy all night long...

Is this a sign of a deficiency ? how's the mechanism ? i think this is a very complex thing involving thyroid, adrenal and peharps thymus/hypophyse functions etc...

As Drrind explained, i think the thyroid / adrenal relationship is a very important point.
And as always, the main goal is to bring adaptogen that lead to a certain balance.
Help the body to heal himself.
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Iodine/iodide intake Empty good question!

Post  RobHealthMan Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:11 am

hi europe,

great question!

Did you need iodine or did you just go ahead and take it because you felt like you needed it?

anyone can answer europes question? CS? Smile

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Iodine/iodide intake Empty Re: Iodine/iodide intake

Post  blackjack Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:03 am

i tested low in Iodine and i been taking 12.5mg - 50mg daily and i never felt anything =[

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:44 am

Your adrenals must be working and in good shape to be able to shuttle thyroids - on the other side balanced thyroids feed the adrenals as well. So it is somewhat a catch 22, but gurus so to address Adrenals 1st before dumping more thyroids into the system which may have no where to go.

Even if you get Adrenals working, you will need to figure out where you are in Thyroids - it is not as simple as getting more thyroids hormones into the system and feel good. You may be broken where you cannot convert t4 to t3 efficiently, may be you rT3 problem where the nogood rT3 is blocking the receptors - does not matter how much t3 you make/ingest you will still be doomed. So there is some science to this besides taking more sups to jump start various glands.

Optimize adrenal 1st - you need to know where you are on the cortisol/saliva - chart your temps, identify your symptoms. Confirm if you need more or less cortisol. Do you need support via sea salts (low BP, etc). Then support your Adrenals. Once adrenals are optimized then go onto thyroids.

For Thyroids, you will need to know B12, Vitamin D, Feritin levels. Then also know where you are in FT4, FT3, rT3 - this gives you a good picture so you know where to address what.

All of this has been stated here and many other Thyroid and Adrenal sites - nothing new, just a reiteration.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:31 pm

I've been really swamped lately, but here's my take on the thyroid/iodine/adrenal complex. Ideally, try to pinpoint the cause of low thyroid is possible (i.e, food allergy, heavy metals, history of trauma/high stress). By the time TSH gives a "positive" reading, the thyroid has already been low for a long time.

Standard thyroid tests are mostly useless for this reason. As far as Reverse T3 problems, it is relatively rare about 1 to 3%. It is primarily caused from heavy metal toxicity. Metal chelation is the answer in that case.

As far as thyroid treatment, I believe in total care (i.e, pituitary, thyroid, adrenal and iodine) all at once. The glandulars need only to be taken for about 6-months, but iodine should be continued. Dessicated thyroid (or armour) may or may not be needed depending on the severity.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:17 am

CS-

I've been suffering from high stress-anxiety all my life .Thyroid tests come out fine .I've been on Iosol and a food based iodine (Dulse) for 3 months now at 12.5 mg per day.I'm about to start a thyroid glandular.
My adrenals definately need an assist as i believe high cortisol to be one of the reasons my hairloss kicked in ,in the first place or worsened. My cortisol is always high in the morning as I am anxious in the a.m but declines in the course of the day.I don t know if it's adrenal fatigue since it's associated with low cortisol that is not my case.
I am on ascorbic acid (pauling) and B-vitamins (brewer's yeast) .Should I take an adrenal glandular? Should it only be the cortex?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:07 am

CS, again, could you please clarify why standard thyroid tests isn't accurate? I need to find someone who can carry out a test which gives me the correct result.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:56 am

edony - When treating either anxiety or depression, taking the "whole complex" of endocrine glandulars is wise since they work in concert. Of course it's always a good idea to look for the source of the problem and in general, those who suffer from the most anxiety typically either are not eating enough fat, or consume wheat/gluten products (wheat allergy for some), or are consume insufficient amounts of the amino acid Lysine.

Here's a relevant link to lysine: http://bastyrcenter.org/content/view/641/

Misirlou - By the time the "gold standard" TSH (Thyroid stimulating hormone) yields a "positive" result for low thyroid function, actual physical symptoms have manifested for several years if not even a decade. The reason is that tests are not sensitive to indicate thyroid hormone resistance. This phenomenon is similar to insulin resistance, whereby having a glucose reading isn't going to reveal the full story, so an insulin resistance test must be performed. Unfortunately, tests to measure thyroid sensitivity no longer exist.

Physical symptoms of low thyroid trump the gold standard. The truth is, there is not definitive test to quantify thyroid. A bit of a frightening trend in some medical circles is to depend on lab results and ignore patient symptoms, which are often rich with clues.

Ultimately, a low basal temperature reading in the morning along with physical symptoms of low thyroid are a pretty good indicator of thyroid function.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:57 pm

Can someone help me sort out the difference between iodide and iodine with respect to thyroid function? I've read articles stating that the thyroid absorbs iodide from the blood stream and then uses it to synthesize thyroid hormones, and that the body does not easily convert dietary iodine to iodide. But I've also read many articles stating that dietary iodine is a treatment for hypothyroidism. What's the deal here?
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:07 pm

Quick addition:

This is an excerpt from the wikipedia article on iodized salt:

Four inorganic compounds are used as iodide sources, depending on the producer: potassium iodate, potassium iodide, sodium iodate, and sodium iodide. Any of these compounds supplies the body with its iodine required for the biosynthesis of thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3) hormones by the thyroid gland. Animals also benefit from iodine supplements, and the hydrogen iodide derivative of ethylenediamine is the main supplement to livestock feed.[2]

Edible salt can be iodised by spraying it with a potassium iodate solution. 60 ml of potassium iodate, costing about USD$1.15 (in 2006), are required to iodise a ton of salt.[1] Salt is an effective vehicle for distributing iodine to the public because it does not spoil and is consumed by everyone in the population in fairly predictable amounts.[3]

Salt that is iodised with iodide may slowly lose its iodine content by exposure to excess air over long periods. The alkali metal iodide, over time and exposure to excess oxygen and carbon dioxide, slowly oxidizes to metal carbonate and elemental iodine, which then evaporates.[4]

Salt can also be double-fortified with iron and iodine (see below).[5] The iron is microencapsulated with stearine to prevent it from reacting with the iodine in the salt.

Why do we need lugol's solution if iodized salt contains the iodine components required for building thyroid hormones T3 and T4?
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  empty Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:05 am

Salt is iodized to give the bare minimum amount of iodine to prevent goiter due to iodine deficiency.

empty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down