Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
CS: Fiber Supplements WITH Supplements INTENDED for Empty Stomach??? EmptyToday at 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
CS: Fiber Supplements WITH Supplements INTENDED for Empty Stomach??? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
CS: Fiber Supplements WITH Supplements INTENDED for Empty Stomach??? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
CS: Fiber Supplements WITH Supplements INTENDED for Empty Stomach??? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
CS: Fiber Supplements WITH Supplements INTENDED for Empty Stomach??? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
CS: Fiber Supplements WITH Supplements INTENDED for Empty Stomach??? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
CS: Fiber Supplements WITH Supplements INTENDED for Empty Stomach??? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
CS: Fiber Supplements WITH Supplements INTENDED for Empty Stomach??? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
CS: Fiber Supplements WITH Supplements INTENDED for Empty Stomach??? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CS: Fiber Supplements WITH Supplements INTENDED for Empty Stomach???

4 posters

Go down

CS: Fiber Supplements WITH Supplements INTENDED for Empty Stomach??? Empty CS: Fiber Supplements WITH Supplements INTENDED for Empty Stomach???

Post  Gromit137 Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:54 pm

(CS: I realize you don't take fiber supps BUT if you could here me out...

Ok... I take a ton of 'empty stomach' supplements ... have been twice a day for a long time ... but have lived with ... um... huh... digestive issues.

I'm quite sure that it's all those pills without any bulking substance with them ... but I want to keep the stomach acid away ... and these are NOT WITH food supplements.

Now, my question ... does a fiber supplement induce stomach acid to form ... specifically the supplement Fibercon (Calcium Polycarbophil)

Would taking this with empty stomach pills be exactly the same as taking them with nothing? (Oh, I do realize fiber shouldn't be taken with EFA/DHA oils).

I'm trying to add some bulk to these 20 pills when I take them with water but don't want to reduce their effectiveness. I assume if the stomach recognizes the fiber (Calcium Polycarbophil) as food ... it attacks and also messes with the supplements. But maybe fiber sends NO SUCH signal to stomach.

Thoughts? Anyone? Question

Gromit137

Back to top Go down

CS: Fiber Supplements WITH Supplements INTENDED for Empty Stomach??? Empty Re: CS: Fiber Supplements WITH Supplements INTENDED for Empty Stomach???

Post  Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:17 pm

I believe CS has a daily topic about Fiber.

And what kind of digestive issues are you living with exactly?

Back to top Go down

CS: Fiber Supplements WITH Supplements INTENDED for Empty Stomach??? Empty Re: CS: Fiber Supplements WITH Supplements INTENDED for Empty Stomach???

Post  misterE Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:52 pm

Gromit137 wrote:

Thoughts? Anyone? Question

Fiber is crucial for health and hormonal-balance. Meat, dairy, processed-foods and vegetable-oils contain no fiber and can actually ferment inside your intestines into undesirable wastes which can cause colon-cancer and candida. Carbohydrates and fiber on the other hand are shown to be fermented into beneficial substances like butyrate, which help reduce colon-cancer promote "friendly" gut-bacteria and helps keep our hormones balanced.

Fiber aids the removal of excess hormones and cholesterol. Hormones are excreted thru the bile into the intestines, if there is not enough fiber in the diet, the hormones can be reabsorbed in the intestines back into the body, leading to an imbalance.

Fiber lowers LDL-cholesterol via bile excretion and helps stabilize blood-sugar levels by slowing the release of glucose into the bloodstream. Fiber helps to increase SHBG, which lowers the amount of free-testosterone that is available to convert into DHT inside the sebaceous-glands.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:24 pm

Gromit137 - The best time to take the supplements (most of them) is just before eating or even at the time of the meal. Is there a reason you're taking them on an empty stomach?

I wouldn't really see the benefit of taking a fiber supplement in this scenario. Perhaps instead, a little protein may help.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Southbeach Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:35 pm

Flax meal gives you a tremendous amount of fiber w/o having to resort to eating grains..you can still stay Paleo while getting alot of fiber.

Southbeach

Back to top Go down

Post  Gromit137 Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:33 pm

I'm not sure I stated issue correctly. I take about 15 empty stomach supplements twice a day and am quite happy with it.

They are enteric coated or otherwise and it is rec that they go beyond the stomach acid and directly in to intenstine... as much as possible. Without some bulk ... I get a diarrehea type syndrome.

Now... I do know that when we eat ... the stomach releases acids that digest the food.

My question is ... will a fiber supplement like Calcium Polycarbophil (Fibercon) trigger stomach acid? Or does the stomach NOT respond with digestive acids to 'a soluble fiber sup'... so it's essentially like taking the supplements on an empty stomach as rec.?

Gromit137

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:46 am

Also been using Calcium Polycarbophil for three weeks, but he did not work for me, After I started taking Yakult (probiotic fermented milk) I had no more constipation Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down