Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Technically, what's an "empty stomach"? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Technically, what's an "empty stomach"? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Technically, what's an "empty stomach"? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Technically, what's an "empty stomach"? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Technically, what's an "empty stomach"? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Technically, what's an "empty stomach"? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Technically, what's an "empty stomach"? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Technically, what's an "empty stomach"? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Technically, what's an "empty stomach"? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Technically, what's an "empty stomach"?

2 posters

Go down

Technically, what's an "empty stomach"? Empty Technically, what's an "empty stomach"?

Post  whodathunkit Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:13 am

Many supplements I'm currently taking need to be taken on an empty stomach, and it's getting hard to squeeze in a meal here and there. LOL

Does "empty" mean a stomach empty of all contents, including other supplements, or just empty of food? Can I take empty stomach supplements together?

Also, how long before or after eating is considered empty stomach? One hour? Two? I always gave it two hours before or after a meal, but again, if you're taking several things that should be on empty stomach, it gets a bit confusing.

Advice appreciated. Thanks!

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Technically, what's an "empty stomach"? Empty Re: Technically, what's an "empty stomach"?

Post  Smurfy Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:32 am

I end up waiting closer to 3 hours, though if I remember to, I usually take the empty stomach ones altogether once I wake up. Therefore you know its empty.

Funny thing is this morning I was thinking about this exact same thing. My opinion is its ok to take them together, just with lots of water. Then I wait an hour after those, to eat... and by then I'm absolutely starving haha...
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Technically, what's an "empty stomach"? Empty Re: Technically, what's an "empty stomach"?

Post  whodathunkit Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:18 am

Thanks, Smurfy, I'm tired of starving, too, which is a lot of what provoked this question. Very Happy

But I guess one thing I want to know is if there are certain things or categories of things best taken on an empty stomach by themselves with no other supplements? For instance, can I mix my a.m. SSKI with the powdered ascorbic acid in water that I also take in the a.m., or should they be separated (which is what I currently do)? Should I separate the adrenal supps from the C (currently taking those together)? Etc. I combine when I'm reasonably sure it doesn't matter, but there are things I have questions about. A general rule of thumb, particularly for minerals, would be helpful. Especially since I added the indiumease in the a.m., it's getting crowded. I find myself not eating from the time I get up at 5a until about 8a or 9a and that's not good.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:27 am

We do things very similar it seems. I drop Iosol into OJ, and drink that with added selenium, cause they all work together.

For chelation, I take all those at once too (humifulvate, mcp, ip6), cause they have the same goals, and I'd assume don't interact with each other. Obviously, I wouldn't take minerals with those...

Adrenal supps I try to separate from the rest, though luckily some say take with food, so I do!

Minerals and vitamins need each other to be useful, so I group my minerals and vitamins and take them all at once. I take a good dose of concentrace so there's no worry since it's tons of minerals and they will sort themselves out.

If I were you I'd take the indiumease with other minerals. Isolated minerals just aren't natural, they work with others, so yeah take it with your other minerals if you do.

Eating times can be really tough like you say... Very Happy I just take them first thing, and an hour later get something big to eat. IMO I doubt any more than an hour before eating is needed. Or at night, just stop eating a few hours before you go to sleep, and take what you need before you hop in bed. Middle of the day never seems to work out.... just...why bother haha

hope this helps you a bit!
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down