Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
CS-Flaxmeal on a high fat/protein diet? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
CS-Flaxmeal on a high fat/protein diet? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
CS-Flaxmeal on a high fat/protein diet? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
CS-Flaxmeal on a high fat/protein diet? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
CS-Flaxmeal on a high fat/protein diet? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
CS-Flaxmeal on a high fat/protein diet? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
CS-Flaxmeal on a high fat/protein diet? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
CS-Flaxmeal on a high fat/protein diet? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
CS-Flaxmeal on a high fat/protein diet? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CS-Flaxmeal on a high fat/protein diet?

4 posters

Go down

CS-Flaxmeal on a high fat/protein diet? Empty CS-Flaxmeal on a high fat/protein diet?

Post  Southbeach Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:53 am

I personally consume 4-5 tablespoons a day. Are there any dietary contra-indications to flaxmeal in a general sense???
I'm primarily vegan but avoid any cooked grains (I do eat sprouted ones that are gluten free-ie Buckwheat) and consume copious amounts of saturated fats-Coconut and Red Palm oils, and Seeds/Nuts for protein sources. I feel pretty damin good and my hair's A OK.
Wondering if that amount of flaxmeal, however, can be problematic.
Someone tried to convince me its technically a "grain", -not sure if I buy that.

Thanx

Southbeach

Back to top Go down

CS-Flaxmeal on a high fat/protein diet? Empty Re: CS-Flaxmeal on a high fat/protein diet?

Post  Nocturnalhorse Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:19 am

Dr william wong on flax..

The flax oil we have been told is so good for our hearts is likely killing our testicles! The lignans of flax have the same estrogenic effect as the isoflavones of soy. So if you treasure your manhood stop eating soy both non fermented and fermented, and switch from flax oil to olive oil and cod liver oil for your lipid nutrients.

Full article...

http://www.totalityofbeing.com/FramelessPages/Articles/real_reason_men_lose_hair.htm
Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

CS-Flaxmeal on a high fat/protein diet? Empty Re: CS-Flaxmeal on a high fat/protein diet?

Post  Southbeach Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:20 pm

It would appear the vast preponderance of evidence points in another direction re: soy-it is not feminizing in any way.
I was actually referring to flaxmeal-not the oil, which evidently has stability and lower lignan content issues.

Southbeach

Back to top Go down

Post  Trace Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:53 pm

I am getting tired of this. It makes me not want to look at this site anymore. One say this and one says that. What in the world. Soy is bad for you. Whaaaat. I used to eat plain yogurt from cows milk and now I switched to soy. Not only that I eat soy milk. Sooo now it,s bad hah. I am absolutely tired of this.
Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Post  Trace Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:58 pm

If possible can you post studies that show soy is bad for you. Thank you.
Trace
Trace

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:44 am

Southbeach - So-called estrogen in foods, such as phytoestrogens are not a problem. They actually help your body erradicate the real bad estrogens called xenoestrogens. Phytoestrogens are very weak estrogen mimics that occupy receptor sites where an otherwise alien estrogen molecule will normally take influence.

Iodine and selenium will help eliminate the real toxic estrogens, such as from plastics and petrochemicals.

I would be concerned about the dose of flax oil, not because of the phytoestrogens at all, but the vast about of Omega-3 in the form of ALA you're getting. In other words, it's not wise to become too dominate in ALA.

Nuts and seeds (especially seeds) are a great source of parental omega-6, which is best to have in dominance, having a 2:1 ratio of w-6 to w-3 acids is good.

For a few years, I took a loaded of flax hull lignans which contain 700 times the amount of phytoestrogens than exists in flaxoil. This was never a problem for me.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down