Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Scalp overheating from high protein / low carb diet... EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Scalp overheating from high protein / low carb diet... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Scalp overheating from high protein / low carb diet... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Scalp overheating from high protein / low carb diet... EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Scalp overheating from high protein / low carb diet... EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Scalp overheating from high protein / low carb diet... EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Scalp overheating from high protein / low carb diet... EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Scalp overheating from high protein / low carb diet... EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Scalp overheating from high protein / low carb diet... EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Scalp overheating from high protein / low carb diet...

3 posters

Go down

Scalp overheating from high protein / low carb diet... Empty Scalp overheating from high protein / low carb diet...

Post  Xenon Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:13 am

...just thought I'd report for anyone interested.

I've been on this diet for 2 weeks now, and my body has adjusted to it. I'm quite dehydrated and noticed that when I exercise, my scalp hardly sweats at all (in comparison to when I eat carbs), and it is producing tremendous amounts of heat.

If I continue exercising on this diet, I know for a fact that I'm going to lose more hair because, simply put, my scalp just cannot cool down. I guess my body just isn't hydrated enough to produce enough sweat to help me cool down efficiently enough, hence my scalp burning up.

I am going to have to drink more water to counteract this heating issue brought on by this diet... perhaps dowse my scalp with some cool water afterwards.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Scalp overheating from high protein / low carb diet... Empty Re: Scalp overheating from high protein / low carb diet...

Post  AS54 Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:25 am

That's a useful observation, Xenon. Many don't realize just how important carbs are for adequate hydration. They require water to sequester, particularly glycogen so they help the body retain water. A good deal of the weight people lose quickly on a low-carb diet is from dropping all of that water. So yes, carbs are certainly important.

Coincidentally, carbohydrate also increases the metabolic rate if you up your carb intake on a consistent basis. This should increase the amount of heat generated in the body. So I'm not sure if you experience a trade-off there in terms of your theory or not.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Scalp overheating from high protein / low carb diet... Empty Re: Scalp overheating from high protein / low carb diet...

Post  Xenon Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:53 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote:That's a useful observation, Xenon. Many don't realize just how important carbs are for adequate hydration. They require water to sequester, particularly glycogen so they help the body retain water. A good deal of the weight people lose quickly on a low-carb diet is from dropping all of that water. So yes, carbs are certainly important.

Coincidentally, carbohydrate also increases the metabolic rate if you up your carb intake on a consistent basis. This should increase the amount of heat generated in the body. So I'm not sure if you experience a trade-off there in terms of your theory or not.

Yes, I know what you mean in terms of carbs raising metabolism, yet the additional water likely assists cells in cooling easier, despite the heat generated. It seems that this isn't the case when the cells are metabolizing lipids (as they are hydrophobic)... prob a good idea not to exercise too much on a diet like this, or if I do, I prob need to drink water till it's coming out of my ears.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:50 am

Strange, I've had no problems on a low carb diet for the last couple of years. I've even increased my running speed and distance. I guess there is no cookie cutter regime for the low carb diet, I tend to emphasize veggies, fruit and meat in that order. What is your low carb diet like?
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:42 am

tonyj wrote:Strange, I've had no problems on a low carb diet for the last couple of years. I've even increased my running speed and distance.  I guess there is no cookie cutter regime for the low carb diet, I tend to emphasize veggies, fruit and meat in that order. What is your low carb diet like?

I should have been more specific; I haven't eaten any carbs!

Thanks for feedback.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down