Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
O/T - Frequent Urination and Bladder Never Feels Empty - Page 3 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
O/T - Frequent Urination and Bladder Never Feels Empty - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
O/T - Frequent Urination and Bladder Never Feels Empty - Page 3 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
O/T - Frequent Urination and Bladder Never Feels Empty - Page 3 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
O/T - Frequent Urination and Bladder Never Feels Empty - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
O/T - Frequent Urination and Bladder Never Feels Empty - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
O/T - Frequent Urination and Bladder Never Feels Empty - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
O/T - Frequent Urination and Bladder Never Feels Empty - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
O/T - Frequent Urination and Bladder Never Feels Empty - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

O/T - Frequent Urination and Bladder Never Feels Empty

+10
JosephineMarie
gregslater
ubraj
tao81
lund
LogicSystem
Paradox
kijumn
CausticSymmetry
goten574
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

O/T - Frequent Urination and Bladder Never Feels Empty - Page 3 Empty Re: O/T - Frequent Urination and Bladder Never Feels Empty

Post  goten574 Sat May 15, 2010 12:42 pm

I suppose this could even be Candida or would SSKI knock that out? I recenty started experiencing rectal itching which I know Candida can cause. Argh there are so many things this can be, I just need to eliminate them one by one, but they are all linked in some way e.g. Candida can cause Prostatitis.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

O/T - Frequent Urination and Bladder Never Feels Empty - Page 3 Empty Re: O/T - Frequent Urination and Bladder Never Feels Empty

Post  tao81 Sat May 15, 2010 11:41 pm

I want to hang in here.
I´m suffering since a couple of month from bacterial prostate infection.
Goten as I said before you´ll have to do a special test for the prostate to know if there are germs or not. My urin is sterile, but my prostate isn´t.
It makes no sense to ask for infection treatments when your prostate isn´t infected.

chronic prostate infections are really nasty to get rid of, maybe impossible.
I think there are several factors, which are responsible for this.
Most important
1.a lot of ABX don´t penetrate well to the P.
2.some germs for ex. St. aureus form biofilms which reduce the efficiance of ABX from 100-1000 times!
It´s interesting that these biofilms consists of calcium (oxalates??) an Mg.
There are quorum sensing inhibitors which can break up these films, as well.

Till now I´ve tried to kill my germs (ST. aureus) with antibiotics and MMS, without success.
I would be like goten very interested in other treatments to kill germs in the prostate.

At the moment I´m thinking of taking those inhibitors togehter with strong ABX, but maybe there´s a better option than ABX?? (unfortunately MMS is not)

I second goten, what is: IV-C?

tao81

Back to top Go down

Post  gregslater Sun May 16, 2010 1:07 am

tao81 wrote:I second goten, what is: IV-C?

Intravenous (IV) ... likely CS is talking about a Vitamin C IV.
gregslater
gregslater

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Wed May 19, 2010 9:00 am

Going to see the doctor in a few days. I will ask for a second ultrasound to see if there is urine retention in bladder. I will also ask if it's possible to see a urologist. Is there anything else I should ask? I don't want to ask for a prostate massage in case I have an infection.. how do I eliminate infection of the prostate?
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Fri May 28, 2010 7:34 pm

Doctor does not recommend a second ultrasound although I disagree and may request this in the future. I had a digital rectal exam (finger up the ass) although I am not sure what the word "digital" mean in this phrase. Doctor said my prostate is smooth and tiny so this possibly rules out enlarged and inflammed prostate? I had a blood test done for infections and inflammation and that came back fine. My zinc levels were also tested although these were not available when I visited my doctor (not sure why...) I also had a second urine test done for infections and that was fine too.

Doctor says he doesn't recommend it because it's inaccurate but for I will be having a blood test next week to check PSA levels. I know this test doesn't show much (high PSA levels may or may not indiciate prostate cancer, and a low PSA level doesn't rule out prostate cancer either).

I've spoken to two doctors and they both said it is likely anxiety causing this. I am not sure what to do now.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat May 29, 2010 5:20 am

goten574 - The PSA test isn't all that useful for prostate cancer (unless one is under 40), although the PSA is actually useful for something different than cancer, which is an indiction of inflammation.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  tao81 Sat May 29, 2010 6:43 am

Goten you may have CPPS- do a google search for it.

tao81

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Sat May 29, 2010 6:53 am

goten574 wrote:Doctor does not recommend a second ultrasound although I disagree and may request this in the future. I had a digital rectal exam (finger up the ass) although I am not sure what the word "digital" mean in this phrase. Doctor said my prostate is smooth and tiny so this possibly rules out enlarged and inflammed prostate? I had a blood test done for infections and inflammation and that came back fine. My zinc levels were also tested although these were not available when I visited my doctor (not sure why...) I also had a second urine test done for infections and that was fine too.

Doctor says he doesn't recommend it because it's inaccurate but for I will be having a blood test next week to check PSA levels. I know this test doesn't show much (high PSA levels may or may not indiciate prostate cancer, and a low PSA level doesn't rule out prostate cancer either).

I've spoken to two doctors and they both said it is likely anxiety causing this. I am not sure what to do now.

I used to have some bladder issues. I had some urinary tract infections (UTIs) and took some rounds of antibiotics. My bladder was touchy after that. It would feel like I had one, but I didn't - I think they call it "cystitis." Anyway, my doctor at the time turned me on to alkalinizing my urine to calm my bladder down--and this can work too if you actually are just getting a real urinary tract infection b/c bacteria have a tough time thriving in an alkaline environment. You put 1 t of baking soda in 8 oz of water and drink it 2-3 times a day and in between chug more water. Then too stay away from acidic substances such as strawberries, oranges, coffee, tea, soda, chocolate, tomatoes, alcohol, etc--anything that would irritate a canker sore in your mouth if you had one. This may help--it sure helped me. You can also use Tri-salts (its a mag/potasium/calcium powder) instead of baking soda--I like that better--it's not salty.

http://www.drhoffman.com/page.cfm/537

BTW--digital just means with the finger (like, one of the digits on your hand).
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Sat May 29, 2010 6:59 am

Oh and, just like you, I felt like I still needed to pee. It could be one of your supplements or something you're taking regularly pissing off your bladder (no pun intended, but hey, it works, huh?). I hope you get it figured out soon. That issue sucks, I know.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat May 29, 2010 7:19 am

goten574 - Since this issue is not as cut and dry as we hoped, I have a suggestion for treatment.

It's called Frequency specific microcurrent. Here is a list of practioners. This treatment is extremely successful for this kind of issue.

http://www.frequencyspecific.com/practitioners.htm

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

O/T - Frequent Urination and Bladder Never Feels Empty - Page 3 Empty [quote="JosephineMarie"][quote="goten574"]Doctor does not recommend a second ultrasound although I disagree and may request this in the future. I had a digital rectal exam (finger up the ass) although I am not sure what the word "

Post  goten574 Sat May 29, 2010 10:06 pm

JosephineMarie wrote:
I used to have some bladder issues. I had some urinary tract infections (UTIs) and took some rounds of antibiotics. My bladder was touchy after that. It would feel like I had one, but I didn't - I think they call it "cystitis." Anyway, my doctor at the time turned me on to alkalinizing my urine to calm my bladder down--and this can work too if you actually are just getting a real urinary tract infection b/c bacteria have a tough time thriving in an alkaline environment. You put 1 t of baking soda in 8 oz of water and drink it 2-3 times a day and in between chug more water. Then too stay away from acidic substances such as strawberries, oranges, coffee, tea, soda, chocolate, tomatoes, alcohol, etc--anything that would irritate a canker sore in your mouth if you had one. This may help--it sure helped me. You can also use Tri-salts (its a mag/potasium/calcium powder) instead of baking soda--I like that better--it's not salty.

http://www.drhoffman.com/page.cfm/537

BTW--digital just means with the finger (like, one of the digits on your hand).

Again, if it's bacteria in the bladder, wouldn't the various treatments I've already tried kill this? SSKI, Oregano Oil, D-Mannose etc.

tao81 wrote:Goten you may have CPPS- do a google search for it.

Isn't pain usually present in this condition? because I have no pain. This is possible but most of the symptoms I do not have. I shall do more research on this.

CausticSymmetry wrote:goten574 - The PSA test isn't all that useful for prostate cancer (unless one is under 40), although the PSA is actually useful for something different than cancer, which is an indiction of inflammation.

I am 24. Should I post my PSA results on this forum then? Should I have repeated PSA tests every month? I know things like ejaculation and even exercise can disturb PSA levels (which is going to be hard to avoid because the only way I visit the blood center is by walking for 30 minutes which is exercise...)

CausticSymmetry wrote:goten574 - Since this issue is not as cut and dry as we hoped, I have a suggestion for treatment.

It's called Frequency specific microcurrent. Here is a list of practioners. This treatment is extremely successful for this kind of issue.

http://www.frequencyspecific.com/practitioners.htm

This is a bit extreme I feel and there are no practioners near me anyway. I suppose this could possibly be anxiety causing this? I do suffer from that (I blame my hairloss for this).
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Sun May 30, 2010 1:43 am

What I was saying is that you could have bladder irritation. I wasn't saying you had a bladder infection--I read that you've tried a lot of things and that you don't have a bladder infection per testing, you don't have an enlarged prostate, etc. So, I am explaining this again: Just like you irritate the tissues of your mouth with substances, you can irritate your bladder and that irritation will cause you to feel like you still need to pee. 'Been there more than once, so I know what I am speaking of. Every once it awhile it starts happening again and I have to start alkalinizing until my bladder stops feeling that way. I don't know what's going on with you. This is just one possibility out of many. My suggestion is to look at what you are consuming--anything look particularly irritating/acidifying? OR just try what I suggested (the BS or Trisalts) and see if it doesn't help. I know you are going through a process of elimination right now, and this is just one more thing to try--it may do nothing for you, or it may do a lot.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Sun May 30, 2010 1:53 am

PS Oregano oil is HOT and it could irritate the hell out of your bladder (try putting a little on your tongue and holding it there for awhile, you will feel sympathy for your bladder having to deal with that). BTW--if you try alkalinizing (and staying off the hot herbs/substances) and it works, I'll send you my address so you can send me some flowers '-)
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Mon May 31, 2010 11:18 pm

I think I will try alkalinizing my urine to help eliminate things. The the tri-salts place doesn’t post outside the USA (I am in the UK) so that is no good. So I guess I will try baking soda but would any baking soda do? I have no idea where to buy it from so online sounds good. Which of these would be ok? Or would they all be fine? I also hear baking soda can be used to remove stains from clothes and also whiten teeth, is this true?

What is a canker sore btw?

You said it could be one of my supplements causing this. Here is what I take daily:

- 100% RDA Vitamin B with Brewer’s Yeast
- 1500mg MSM
- 75-150mg Tocotrienols
- 2000IU Vitamin D

I also drink 2-4 cups of Green Tea. The Oregano oil i've stopped taking (I only started to see if it would help cure this problem) If your suggestion cures my problem, we shall see what happens Very Happy
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:29 am

You could try just baking soda. Just get one that says it is aluminum free (so no Arm & Hammer). I don't see anything on your list that screams that it would be irritating to your bladder, however, it could be irritated from something you've taken in the past and/or currently eat or drink every day (such as coffee, soda, etc--and god forbid you drink diet soda that will really screw up your bladder). It's worth a shot b/c baking soda is cheap. Also, in lieu of that, you could just try taking some magnesium and calcium and see if that doesn't help (they alkalinize) while staying away from acidic foods and drinks for a couple of days and increasing your water intake. You need to drink daily once ounce of water for every 2 lbs of body weight to be fair to your kidneys and bladder. And, given your problem right now, driking a least that much might be something you want to consider.

A canker sore is a little open sore that you get in your mouth when you have eaten too many foods are are high in acid. I end up getting one almost every year at christmas time since I love eating those little oranges that they sell in the box around that time. I also get them when I've eaten too many tomato products.

If you want to know what food/drinks to stay away from for a couple of days, google "cystitis." I hope you get this worked out soon. I really do know how awful it feels, so I feel your pain.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:37 am

Ps--after thinking about it a little more, the tea could be bugging your bladder, so if you you may want to consider stoping that for a couple of days (just a couple days) to see if that doesn't help while pursuing alkalinizing your urine.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:49 am

Ok, I shall buy some baking soda that does not contain aluminum sometime this week and see what it does while at the same time, stop drinking tea. I rarely drink fizzy drinks (like once a month) and hardly ever drink coffee.

I'll look into magnesium and calcium supplement and would it be worthwhile to add Vitamin K2 to this? Would a magnesium and calcium supplement help balance out the magnesium and calcium ratio in my body?
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:58 am

On second thought--I was thinking about this some more--don't do the calcium, only the mag. I say this b/c if you have any kind of kidney stone formation going on, calcium will only add to the problem (although it does alkalinize). Just do the mag.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:03 am

I'll look into magnesium and calcium supplement and would it be worthwhile to add Vitamin K2 to this? Would a magnesium and calcium supplement help balance out the magnesium and calcium ratio in my body?

I don't know the answer to this. CS is more qualified to answer. I do know that a lot of us are mag deficient and that is why we develop kidney stones and other problems.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:09 am

JosephineMarie,

If I just do the magnesium, wouldn't the magnesium and calcium ratio go severly out of balance? I had an ultrasound on my kidneys and if kidney stones can be detected by an ultrasound then I can say that I have no kidney stones. I don't feel comfortable taking magnesium without calcium too. I will try the Baking Soda though, see what happens but I am having a hard time finding some online. Most do not list the ingredients so I cannot see if it has aluminum in it. I take it supermarkets sell this? may be worth me going there for a visit.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:22 am

goten574 - Arm & Hammer is Aluminium free, even though they do not say aluminium free on their label.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:35 am

You might try this stuff also: http://www.iherb.com/Graminex-PollenAid-90-Capsules/12029?at=0

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:36 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:You might try this stuff also: http://www.iherb.com/Graminex-PollenAid-90-Capsules/12029?at=0

CS, that supplement is very expensive. What is it suppose to do? Is this an alternative to Baking Soda?
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:08 am

Ok, that supplement is suppose to strengthen urine flow? Is that all? Wouldn't this just mask the symptoms and not treat the cause?
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:54 pm

I don't know about the cal mag issue--whether or not that would make the balance out of whack. I often take mag and no calcium because I feel I get plenty of calcium from the foods I eat--I could be wrong, but I eat a lot of broccoli and leafy greens and I drink rice milk that is fortified with calcium. Occassionally, I take a calcium/mag/vit d tablet but I haven't been focused on the balance issue. I have read time and time again that most people are magnesium deficient, but I haven't read the same about calcium deficiency. They (doctors, etc.) do start pushing calcium to women though as they approach meno for our bones. I'm sure a lot of that is propaganda from the manufacturers of milk. Of course "they" push a lot of other unnecessary stuff at us as well--such as soy, etc., etc.

Maybe just do the Arm & Hammer. I was assuming that it did contain aluminum. The baking soda I use is from Bob's redmill and it actually states on the label that it does not contain aluminum, so I am comfortable with it. They sell Bob's at co-ops and higher end super markets (more expensive supermarkets!). Thing is, you won't need to use it long to make your bladder feel better. If it doesn't start feeling better in a day or two, or at the latest, day three, and assuming you've cut out all possible irritants, and are drinking lots and lots of water, it probably wasn't cystitis but something else. In any case, I hope you are currently drinking lots and lots of water--it will help to flush out any irritants while you figure out what course of action you want to take.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next