Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
First HIV Cure?? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
First HIV Cure?? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
First HIV Cure?? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
First HIV Cure?? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
First HIV Cure?? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
First HIV Cure?? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
First HIV Cure?? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
First HIV Cure?? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
First HIV Cure?? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

First HIV Cure??

2 posters

Go down

First HIV Cure?? Empty First HIV Cure??

Post  nidhogge Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:18 pm

http://www.baldwincountynow.com/articles/2009/05/28/local_news/doc4a1d63cb68531598814432.txt

FOLEY, Ala. — A Foley physician said what appears to be the first case of HIV/AIDS cure in the world is getting little mention in the media.

Dr. Awadhesh K. Gupta, medical director at Foley Walk-In Med Care, said he first heard of the medical breakthrough in April when he attended the Annual Conference of the American College of Physicians in Internal Medicine in Philadelphia.

It’s a conference Gupta tries to attend every year.

“This is the most prestigious organization of physicians in Internal Medicine and is responsible for certifying post graduate training in Internal Medicine. It is also one of the oldest,” he said.

According to Gupta, who has been practicing medicine in the South Baldwin area since 1997, the cure was first reported in early 2008 by a group of physicians from Germany at the annual conference on “Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections” in Boston. The New England Journal of Medicine, one of the most prestigious medical journals in the world, finally published the report in its Feb. 12, 2009, issue, Gupta said.

So why has the news of the first case of HIV/AIDS cure received so little attention where the public is concerned?

“I can’t be sure as to why so little publicity,” Gupta said recently...

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

First HIV Cure?? Empty Re: First HIV Cure??

Post  hapyman Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:01 am

Sorry didn't read it but what is it? Very Happy
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:19 pm

Haha Hapy, well, I'd definitely recommend reading the article detail on what exactly the cure is, but essentially an HIV victim contracted leukemia. So, they gave him a stem cell bone marrow transplant, and the German physician "deliberately chose a stem cell donor who had a gene mutation known as “CCR-5 Delta- 32,” rather than using the best matched donor."

That particular gene mutation once cured HIV in '99 I guess from what I'm taking from the article, and the German physician was aware of this and decided to give it a spin to hit two birds with one stone (leukemia and HIV). It was a success. Apparently, that particular mutation is found commonly in Northern Europeans (Scandinavian and the like), and it's figured that the reason that they have that gene mutation is a result of the years of plague, small pox, etc. that Europe had been afflicted with in that area.

The procedure, at present, is far too costly to be replicated but if it was given the necessary funding and attention that it deserves (which I'm sure it won't as AIDS is population control), it could potentially be THE cure.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down