Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Side back Thinning EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Side back Thinning EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Side back Thinning EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Side back Thinning EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Side back Thinning EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Side back Thinning EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Side back Thinning EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Side back Thinning EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Side back Thinning EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Side back Thinning

+6
Amaranthaceae
ghai018
RisingFist
moby
missymoo
NeeDensity
10 posters

Go down

Side back Thinning Empty Side back Thinning

Post  NeeDensity Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:43 am

Hi i had this thinning of sides and back for about 4 years, same goes with top and hairline (23 now)...Derm thinks i have mpb but i think otherwise since it's thin all over and in poor condition. What are the other possibilities scratch ? attached some pics

Side back Thinning 14m4al5
Side back Thinning N2bwvb

NeeDensity

Back to top Go down

Side back Thinning Empty Re: Side back Thinning

Post  missymoo Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:23 am

I have thinning in the same areas as you, It's gotta be telogen effluvium. Get checked for heavy metals, food intolerances and vitamin/mineral deficiencies, etc.

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:16 am

May we see the pictures of your hairline?

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:56 am

I have a similar problem. My hair is a bit curly which makes things worst. I keep getting breakage as if there is an electrical charge over my head making hairs stand up and get crazy. It's all over the place.

I have been losing sides for a couple of years as well but this year has been the worst. I keep seeing hairs tangled together and easy to pull on the sides. If only I knew then what I know now...

I have an amalgam I plan to get rid of and do a heavy metal detox. If I can get some regrowth to what I had last year, it would be enough to keep me going until better treatments are discovered.

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  NeeDensity Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:05 am

Top > Side back Thinning Topsho10

How do i get tested for heavy metals, minerals and etc? I have Vit D deficiency(using supplemnts), got checked for celiac ( food allergies ) which came negative in both blood&scope tests.Tried some multi vitamins and nizoral with no results/ Had this type of thinning for a long time, sum ppl commented id be bald in a year but i had this for like 4+ years. Can't even remember having thick regular head of hair. Also do oils help for this type of loss ( i have greasy hair by day 2 )

NeeDensity

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:17 am

Do you live in a humid/moldy place?
Do you have composite or mercury fillings?
Do you drink only distilled water?
What kind of diet?

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:24 am

It looks like insufficient blood coming to those parts of the scalp.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  NeeDensity Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:35 am

ghai018 >
Yes, humid & hot
Yes
Yes only distilled water, never tap.
Mostly Asian & Mediterrenean rotation ( Rice, beans, pasta, soup)

cpio> yeah that must play part too, should i start handstands or aspirin?

NeeDensity

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:45 am

Ok so we have 3 same environmental circumstances and have exactly same symptoms. Very interesting indeed.

I stopped distilled water a while back, but the long-term damage of drinking that for years is unknown. The dental stuff could certainly hurt us both, as could the humid/moldy environment.

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  NeeDensity Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:58 am

so u drink only tap water ? Distilled water sometime gives me temporary nausea

NeeDensity

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueGround Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:11 am

Just judging by those pictures, it's not very characteristic of androgen related male pattern hair loss. I have thinning in my sides as well, with a deep "widows peak" and am beginning to thin in the vertex....classic premature sensitivity to androgen related hair loss. I'm also your age, but with different hair loss pattern.

Like others have suggested, start with a heavy metal detox regimen, as is outlined by CS or other experienced users here. Look into an iodine loading test as well, to test your urinary excretion. There may also be mold and digestive issues you are unaware of..

If this overwhelms you, I think the best thing you can do is start solely with the heavy metal issue and experiment with your diet a bit and see how you feel excluding/including certain foods and beverages.

FYI, distilled and reverse osmosis water is garbage. They are completely devoid of any minerals, and are therefore referred to as "hungry water". They will rob minerals from your body, I believe in order to restore a certain electrical charge.. They also tend to be acidic, but the alkaline/acidity issue is up for much debate.

Cheers.

Last edited by TrueGround on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total

TrueGround

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:15 am

Bottled spring water now. What dental stuff?

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:03 am

ghai018 wrote:Ok so we have 3 same environmental circumstances and have exactly same symptoms. Very interesting indeed.

I stopped distilled water a while back, but the long-term damage of drinking that for years is unknown. The dental stuff could certainly hurt us both, as could the humid/moldy environment.

Nothing wrong with distilled water, what do you think rain water is?

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueGround Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:08 pm

I don't think most rain water is healthy. Take for instance, acid rain around cities and large industrial complexes. Even that aside, distilled water has no mineral content and makes it positively charged (oxidative and acidic).

TrueGround

Back to top Go down

Post  gdfghh Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:37 pm

This is EXACTLY how I'm thinning. I've posted several times about it but haven't gotten a response.

To answer the earlier questions:
-I live in an environment that ranges from hot, humid, rainy, cold, dry, and blizzards.
-I have a couple composite fillings.
-I drank RO water for a while, stopped because it really made no difference (and my tap water is is from an aquifer, not recycled).
-Diet has been clean for ~10 months. No grains, no dairy (experimented with cheeses and yogurt for a short period), no bullshit. Meat, fruit, a few vegetables. Stick to it 110%.

Some other symptoms I have are cold hands/feet, trouble falling asleep, dark circles under eyes, eyebrow and pubic hair loss.

Tried chelation. Did IH Top 6 for a while. Tried tons of other supplements. Did iodine for months, doses up to 150mg a day.

The most I got out of supplements was a short lived placebo effect. I've dropped them all and have noticed NO difference other than having more money. Only real benefit was how that high of an iodine dose required a lot of water to go with it, which forced me to start the morning with a liter of water, and drink 2 more liters within the following 3-4 hours. Hydration is often overlooked.

My current suspicion is that I have leaky gut. My symptoms tend to be on and off, which hints autoimmune, which hints leaky gut. 90% of hypothyroid cases in civilized nations are hashimoto's, an autoimmune thyroid disease which has been shown to result from leaky gut. All-over hair loss points to hypothyroid, which is what got me on iodine. Iodine won't fix a leaky gut, neither will any of those supplements I took. All diseases begin in the gut.

I've been experimenting with meal portions and intermittent fasting. Also been scalding the hell out of my mouth with lots of homemade bone broth. Too early to recognize progress though.
gdfghh
gdfghh

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:45 pm

I have the exact same pattern .. Start massaging your scalp muscles and scalp - it will help.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:48 pm

Isn't GAPS diet supposed to help with leaky gut? Have you tried that?

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  gdfghh Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:55 pm

Yes, I was doing it for a week or so. Only had broth and well cooked veggies. Felt awful. No carbs will lead to a whole array of issues. I'm being more careful with food though, trying to never get bloated (doesn't take much to get me there).
gdfghh
gdfghh

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:13 pm

TrueGround wrote:I don't think most rain water is healthy. Take for instance, acid rain around cities and large industrial complexes. Even that aside, distilled water has no mineral content and makes it positively charged (oxidative and acidic).

In an unpolluted environment, rain water would be pure. Im not saying to drink rain water as you are right it is polluted from industry, but properly distilled water is good. Minerals come from foods we eat, plants and the like process them out of the soil for us. If you still feel you are low on minerals, then add a mineral salt to your diet.

Thats my two cents.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  NeeDensity Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:39 am

Thx for suggs, glad that i am not the only one with this type of problem, it's really annoying & a confidence killer wearing hats all the time. I think leaky gut maybe my problem , don't seem to be absorbing nutrients well, i am bloated most of the time and get pain around stomach. I am gonna try to eat once a day clean & keep flushing the system as stated. It's gonna be rly hard to find something that works best.

NeeDensity

Back to top Go down

Post  gdfghh Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:31 am

NeeDensity wrote:Thx for suggs, glad that i am not the only one with this type of problem, it's really annoying & a confidence killer wearing hats all the time. I think leaky gut maybe my problem , don't seem to be absorbing nutrients well, i am bloated most of the time and get pain around stomach. I am gonna try to eat once a day clean & keep flushing the system as stated. It's gonna be rly hard to find something that works best.

If you eat once a day, I'd recommend you do it within an hour or so before bed to minimize stress throughout the night that will disrupt your sleep. Although I strongly recommend smaller meals throughout in order to keep stress hormones down. 12pm-8pm is a good window, giving a 16 hour fast each day. Avoid all wheat/grains and dairy though, you'll never fix your gut if those keep going down there. There IS a difference between 99% and 100% when it comes to them.
gdfghh
gdfghh

Back to top Go down

Post  NeeDensity Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:47 am

I sleep better on full stomach for some reason, thx for the reminder, i usually get poor sleep with empty stomach & around 5-8pm i get this heavy fatigue , gotta adjust this diet with my messed up sleep patterns.

NeeDensity

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:54 am

I have heard of RO/distilled water stripping minerals before. My logic says we are suppose to get our minerals from food regardless,
and in current times from supplements, and its one area to stay on top of. I dont think the small changes in ph balance from one water to the next is that crucial as your body has its own way of balancing this out, and I believe minerals are behind that balance.
Tap water doesnt contain beneficial minerals nor in a balanced amount that would help us, not to mention the numerous things in tap worth avoiding like chlorine, heavy metals, toxic highly chemical fluoride mixtures, and pharmaceutical drugs that seep their way through, and whatever else.. I havent drank tap in several years and last couple times I tried followed with a strange uncomfortable head ache.By the way most bottled water is filtered through reverse osmosis + bpa from the plastic. Best bet is filter your own the water with the best thing out there to filter it, or a air water generator, and then add minerals back into the water and your bodies afterwards.

Back to top Go down

Post  gdfghh Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:37 pm

A question to the other guys thinning all over, what is your work environment like?
gdfghh
gdfghh

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:25 pm

J987 wrote:I have heard of RO/distilled water stripping minerals before. My logic says we are suppose to get our minerals from food regardless,
and in current times from supplements, and its one area to stay on top of. I dont think the small changes in ph balance from one water to the next is that crucial as your body has its own way of balancing this out, and I believe minerals are behind that balance.
Tap water doesnt contain beneficial minerals nor in a balanced amount that would help us, not to mention the numerous things in tap worth avoiding like chlorine, heavy metals, toxic highly chemical fluoride mixtures, and pharmaceutical drugs that seep their way through, and whatever else.. I havent drank tap in several years and last couple times I tried followed with a strange uncomfortable head ache.By the way most bottled water is filtered through reverse osmosis + bpa from the plastic. Best bet is filter your own the water with the best thing out there to filter it, or a air water generator, and then add minerals back into the water and your bodies afterwards.

I was drinking r/o water but found out that aluminum sulphate which they add to the water to combat turbidity, fouls the filters. So after going through the r/o i was still getting aluminum and chloramines - which cant be filtered out. Not to mention most charcoal is polluted with polonium. Pretty hard to have clean drinking water these days. My distiller was worth the money as i bought a colloidal silver generator which needs pure distilled water, both items have already paid themselves off.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down