Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
super zix 2 thread EmptyYesterday at 2:50 pm by shaftless

» Acell and PRP Hair Loss Treatment
super zix 2 thread EmptyTue Jul 09, 2024 4:51 pm by MikeGore

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
super zix 2 thread EmptyTue Jul 09, 2024 4:48 pm by MikeGore

» Qwackcine horror show
super zix 2 thread EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 4:11 am by TheOne

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
super zix 2 thread EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
super zix 2 thread EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
super zix 2 thread EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» Pfizer being sued
super zix 2 thread EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
super zix 2 thread EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

super zix 2 thread

+2
ataman
Crusher
6 posters

Go down

super zix 2 thread Empty super zix 2 thread

Post  Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:20 pm

hey guys,

I'm considering buying some super zix 2. just wondering if anyone has been using it and i'm interested in some feedback.

thanks

Back to top Go down

super zix 2 thread Empty super zix 2 thread

Post  Crusher Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:50 am

Last year I - at the same time four other guys - checked the super zix 2 mix for half a year without
any result.

Crusher

Back to top Go down

super zix 2 thread Empty Re: super zix 2 thread

Post  ataman Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:39 am

I haven't used in myself but have read a lot of good reviews about it. My understanding is that it has a high success rate and is cheap.

ataman

Back to top Go down

Post  jksl Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:23 am

I'm thinking of trying the original zix without the alcohol (it irritates my skin). My only problem with it is that Joe doesn't offer the zinc sulfate in pure free form powder anymore, but in capsules with fillers. The P-5-P B6 has fillers as well (magnesium stearate which is known to leave a film on the skin). It's hard to say that the B6 will be absorbed at all through the skin even though it's water soluble and it might just be the zinc doing its job.

I'm thinking of trying Waseda's zinc topical which is zinc oxide + ascorbic acid or boric acid + corn starch.

My issue with Waseda's topical is that zinc and ascorbic acid are antagonists to one another, so i don't know if that can be a good thing. Not sure about the corn starch either. I could try the boric acid, as zinc oxide + boric acid formula is also used to fight demodex. My issue with boric acid comes from its boron content, which can be a bad thing:

http://www.acu-cell.com/b.html
Some researchers believe boron to have estrogen-like properties (by raising plasma estradiol), while
other researchers claim boron to have testosterone-like properties, referring to reports of hair loss in
males following its supplementation.
However, since boron does not seem to offer any benefits with menopausal symptoms, it appears that
the estrogen / testosterone ratio may be in favor of a testosterone dominance. With boron now being
found in many multi-mineral brands, some individuals may feel that the hormonal effect (i.e. hair loss) is
a concern, so they should look for a formulation containing a lesser amount of boron, or none at all.

So, the zinc oxide + ascorbic acid seems the way to go. You can easily find the zinc oxide in pure powder form as well (same with the ascorbic acid). So, no fillers. I guess, P-5-P can be added to this to see if it's more effective this way.

Waseda wrote:
Abstract 1 shows how much oral zinc is needed for perfect zinc deficient men to recover their hairs. As the amount of zinc in zinc sulfate is one third of the latter, 600mg of the latter means 200mg of zinc per day. The amount of 200mg zinc happens to be the upper risky limit of zinc intake. You may understand why normal safe level of oral zinc has not worked so much for hair regrowth so far, for example 25mg or 50mg per day. Now let's suppose 2g of 30% topical zinc oxide cream treatment. As the zinc amount of zinc oxide is four fifths of the latter, it amounts to 480mg zinc. Zinc ion of zinc oxide is released in some acid water solution.

I am, however, thinking of trying a zinc oxide + alpha lipoic acid to release the zinc ions instead to see what happens. Of course, ALA competes with biotin for absorption, but i think this is only true when ingested. I don't know if it would be a good idea to add P-5-P to this one though. I think i read somewhere that B6 and biotin are antagonists to one another. ALA is already doing that, i think, and adding B6 would be too much.
jksl
jksl

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:58 am

jksl,

I've taken boron and used topical borax for the past 2 years. I've never had any problems taking boron/borax internally and if anything was nothing but positive results. Recently I've taken 3 mg of boron to chelate as much flouride from my body as some on curezone have mentioned some unknown synergy effect with Iodine and I'd have to agree ... I take extremely large doses of Iodine/Iodide.

This is the boron I take internally http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Way-Boron-3-mg-100-Capsules/1854?at=0

Topical borax as 20 mule I had the worst shed I've ever had in my entire life and not sure if it was a good shed or not. At any rate, be extremely careful with topical borax/boron.

For those that don't use a topical to fight fungus, etc. I'd highly recommend the boron from the link above. May also be helpful for those that don't take magnesium supplements/magnesium chloride as well as Vitamin D. Also it's helpful for autoimmune conditions as well as calcificiation for those looking at those theories into hair loss. In short, I'd highly recommend internal boron over applying externally. Taking boron is also much much better when taken with large doses of Iodine/Iodine for some unknown synergy effect ... due to aluminum, candida ... I'm not sure if anyone knows yet.
hope this helps
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:05 am

hapyman and others,

has anyone combined lasers with super zix? and how did that work out?

Back to top Go down

Post  Harie Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:27 am

jksk,

I tried the Waseda ZO routine for maybe 3 or 4 months a couple year back and it did work at growing lots of small/short vellus hair. Only problem with it is that the batches were so inconsistent that some batches were really runny and others I boiled/simmered too long and they became hard as a rock.

If you decide to give Waseda ZO a whirl, you should wash your hair before applying. Apply the ZO mixture and then cover your scalp with a plastic bag (or something to keep moisture in). When you wash it out, I'd also recommend washing your hair a 2nd time to get all residual ZO mixture out.

I gave up on the Waseda when my wife and kids started making fun of me for wearing a plastic grocery bag on my head to keep the ZO mixture moist. Smile

Harie

Back to top Go down

Post  jksl Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:11 am

Harie wrote:jksk,

I tried the Waseda ZO routine for maybe 3 or 4 months a couple year back and it did work at growing lots of small/short vellus hair. Only problem with it is that the batches were so inconsistent that some batches were really runny and others I boiled/simmered too long and they became hard as a rock.

If you decide to give Waseda ZO a whirl, you should wash your hair before applying. Apply the ZO mixture and then cover your scalp with a plastic bag (or something to keep moisture in). When you wash it out, I'd also recommend washing your hair a 2nd time to get all residual ZO mixture out.

I gave up on the Waseda when my wife and kids started making fun of me for wearing a plastic grocery bag on my head to keep the ZO mixture moist. Smile

Thanks for the tip, Harie.

Can you tell us the exact recipe you used? Everyone seems to be using different variations of this ZO topical and different preparation methods. Also, can you keep the mixture on overnight?

And have you tried Waseda's method of thickening up the vellus hairs with grape seed extract topical?
jksl
jksl

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:03 am

1..... wrote:hapyman and others,

has anyone combined lasers with super zix? and how did that work out?

I used Zix for quite awhile. Before even using LLLT it did help reduce my shedding but I don't think it fully stopped it. Just slowed it down. No regrowth or anything.

Used Zix and LLLT together for like 6 or 8 months. I eventually dropped it though because I thought the alcohol was bothering me. Things are still stable since dropping it awhile ago so I think I am fine too.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Harie Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:54 am

jksl wrote:
Thanks for the tip, Harie.

Can you tell us the exact recipe you used? Everyone seems to be using different variations of this ZO topical and different preparation methods. Also, can you keep the mixture on overnight?

And have you tried Waseda's method of thickening up the vellus hairs with grape seed extract topical?

Geez. You're really testing my memory banks here. Smile Let me see. (hey, I have the recipe saved in a word doc...what do you know)
Exact recipe I used was,
2tsp starch
11tsp boric acid
7tsp zinc oxide
1 7/8 cups of distilled

Boil for ~20 min and then keep refrigerated. It only keeps for about a week before it starts to really dry out.

I don't think I'd want to keep the mixture on my head overnight because it would completely dry and be a PITA to get out of your hair. Plus, the mixture is bright white, so if any of it leaked onto your pillow/bed before it completely dried, it would make a gigantic mess.

I never tried any other Waseda stuff because getting the right ingredients was too hard outside of the China or Japan. What's the website for the grape seed extract topical?

Harie

Back to top Go down

Post  jksl Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:46 am

Waseda used grape seed extract in his Morehairin

http://www.hairsite2.com/waseda/morehairin/forum1to20.htm

The only ingredients that are absolutely essential are licorice root powder, grape seed extract, and red wine. I think i could do without the red wine though because of its high sulfite content (and alcohol irritates my skin).

Is the starch necessary? Can i just mix the water, acid, and ZO and use a pipette to apply to the scalp and then cover with a plastic bag?

There was one study showing that zinc oxide mixed with polysorbate 80 caused hair growth in animal tests.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1999306

The helsinki formula uses biotin, niacin, and polysorbate 80 as ingredients.

niacin is an acid which i think may help release the zinc ions from the ZO. I'm wondering if a niacin, biotin, zinc oxide, polysorbate 80, and maybe P-5-P mix would be a good idea for a topical. My only problem is that i can't find a pure powder source for biotin and P-5-P. Heck, may as well even add thiamin and riboflavin powder as well as they're important for hair growth.
jksl
jksl

Back to top Go down

Post  Harie Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:01 am

jksl wrote:Is the starch necessary? Can i just mix the water, acid, and ZO and use a pipette to apply to the scalp and then cover with a plastic bag?

I think the starch is just used to make it a cream base and easier to apply.

You can also use diaper rash cream and ascorbic acid to make it easier to apply/make. 5G Ascorbic acod + 2G diaper rash cream + 100ml water. No boiling necessary.

Harie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down