Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Ferox-Method: topicals or not? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Ferox-Method: topicals or not? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Ferox-Method: topicals or not? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Ferox-Method: topicals or not? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Ferox-Method: topicals or not? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Ferox-Method: topicals or not? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Ferox-Method: topicals or not? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Ferox-Method: topicals or not? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Ferox-Method: topicals or not? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ferox-Method: topicals or not?

+10
Thin in FL
AL123
Paradox
dudebro
JZ
Duketronix
LawOfThelema
SlowMoe
ferox
Crusher
14 posters

Go down

Ferox-Method: topicals or not? Empty Ferox-Method: topicals or not?

Post  Crusher Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:47 pm

Don't want to overload the 'Regrow your hair with the Ferox-Method'-Thread.

So I would like to start here a new thread to discuss the hair brushing method with or without topicals.
If yes, which topicals can be considered as useful to support the brushing method / increase
blood circulation?

Any ideas?

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Ferox-Method: topicals or not? Empty Re: Ferox-Method: topicals or not?

Post  ferox Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:31 pm

I've started to apply grapeseed oil to my scalp before brushing. It seems to irritate the scalp more and to strengthen the hair. I can not say now if it really works but i will give it a try for some months.

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:38 am

IMO, any topical solution that reduces inflammation, or increases blood flow, can only help.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:34 pm

^ this. while there is something to be gained from a pure singular approach (it is the most objective -- isolate one technique and apply it alone and you can know for certain if it works), everything points to the fact that irritating the scalp increases its absorptivity which could boost your topicals effectiveness.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:15 pm

Ya I'm all for topicals with the massage.

Also I just started scritching (similar to cleaning your pores with oils and such and a bone tool, like some cultures used to do)
And....

It is awesome. Unclogs lots of stuff imo. did for the first time yesterday and my scalp feels amazing (so amazing I forgot about it completely mos tof the day)
It also showed me a few spots that were sensitive that I didn't notice with the brushing.
Just keep tweaking and experimenting and you'll find a good routine.
I know it's not scientific to always be adding new stuff, but screw it.
I want hair not a research grant. I use the research and don't pile on a ton at once, and if something doesn't feel right I take a step back and figure it out etc... but otherwise I'm all for switching it up. To an extent of course.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  JZ Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Cinnamon leaf oil is supposed to be good too. It causes blood flow into the skin it's applied to.

JZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Crusher Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:21 pm

Here's a discussion on cinnamon oil:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5817

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:07 am

if you apply oil before brushing, won't the oil get stuck to the bristles? how would you clean the oil off the bbb if you recommend to not put water on it?

right now I'm applying olive oil twice a week after because brushing makes my scalp dry.

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:59 am

Ferox,

I would also like to know if and how you clean your brush? Are you using shampoo in the shower when you do the hot/cold to clean the oil off your head?

BTW, Where did you get the idea of the hot/cold water? What theory or method is this based off, and how important is it in your opinion?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:17 am

The hot/cold is to stimulate the capillary system and if you get it cold enough it will cause hypoxia which causes new capillaries to grow or something. There was as thread on it a long time ago. Apparently this also makes doing headstands better than hanging upside down since it starves the area of oxygen. Then once the flow is allowed to continue it floods with blood and triggers a response form the body toe expand the capillary network. Or that's how I understood it... but I'm just paraphrasing here.
Flushing hot/then cold also helps reduce inflammation. it's the same thing my acupuncturist got me to do with my arms when I got tendonitis (years ago, from too much guitar coupled with a poor diet bringing on inflammation).

Now I can play forever and get no problems since I don't get much inflammation ever.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:31 pm

despite putting olive oil in my scalp, twice a week, for the past 2 weeks it has stayed very dry.
whenever i brush my sink is full of flakes, quite less than when i began, but wondering who else is experiencing this.
i have white flakes (looks like mild dandruff) you can see across the top of my scalp wherever i brush.

how have other people been controlling the flaking?? or is it a side effect of brushing.. if so does the flaking ever disappear?

i shampoo with nizoral 2-3 times a week, however i feel it might possibly be drying out my scalp instead of preventing dandruff.. idk any similar experiences?

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:11 pm

Duketronix wrote:The hot/cold is to stimulate the capillary system and if you get it cold enough it will cause hypoxia which causes new capillaries to grow or something. There was as thread on it a long time ago. Apparently this also makes doing headstands better than hanging upside down since it starves the area of oxygen. Then once the flow is allowed to continue it floods with blood and triggers a response form the body toe expand the capillary network. Or that's how I understood it... but I'm just paraphrasing here.
Flushing hot/then cold also helps reduce inflammation. it's the same thing my acupuncturist got me to do with my arms when I got tendonitis (years ago, from too much guitar coupled with a poor diet bringing on inflammation).

Now I can play forever and get no problems since I don't get much inflammation ever.

Thanks for the explanation.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:17 pm

not sure the shower water gets cold enough to promote revascularization. i know there was a guy on another forum (boyintown i think), who was literally freezing his scalp to subzero temperatures to promote angiogenesis. curious to see what his result was. he had pictures of his scalp after the process it was all blue / reddish on the spots he froze.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  AL123 Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:22 am

dudebro wrote:if you apply oil before brushing, won't the oil get stuck to the bristles? how would you clean the oil off the bbb if you recommend to not put water on it?

AL123

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:43 am

Ya I'm not sure what temp the body needs the tissue to get to either... I just go until it gets numb and I get a freeze headache.
All I know is I continue to make progress and my head feels amazing. I also notice that my veins on the sides of my forehead which used to bulge/pulse when I did the brushing no longer do it so much and my whole scalp gets red much faster. There were initially some areas that took a TON of stimulation to get flushed. I'm assuming that the improved circulation and capillary network is taking the burden of the bigger veins and allowing the blood to disperse more readily.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Thin in FL Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:29 am

From a buddy of mine who is into his Med School residency:

To answer your Qs, yes, ice and cold cause vasoconstriction. This makes sense that whenever you have a traumatic injury or local inflammation you apply ice, i.e. a sprained ankle or cut or burn or infection. This leads to decreased blood flow and decreased inflammation as white blood cells (inflammatory cells) are carried within the blood along with red cells and platelets. The reason that there is no compensatory vasodilatory effect when local cryotherapy is applied is evolutionary. The body is trying to conserve core body temperature. The thermoregulatory system in the body is built to detect ambient temperatures and protect the core body temp from the outside. That is, when cavemen got cold there is/was widespread peripheral vasoconstriction, thus reducing bloodflow to the extremities which minimizes body heat loss and thus enabling core body temp to remain elevated. The body wants to avoid warm blood flowing to cold areas (arms, legs, scalp) and having that blood cooled via convection, and then returning that colder blood to the heart. You will find quite the opposite is true my dear man when ambient temperatures are hot. To avoid overheating, blood flow is increased to the extremities and the body sweats, facilitating evaporative and convective cooling. So no, the body will not "force" blood into cold areas to increase perfusion.

As to whether there is a higher prevalence of baldness in people who hail from cooler climes, I would guess the converse would be true. While possibly there is reduced local blood flow to the hair follicles, hair is actually a pretty hardy organ and could probably survive with minimal, or regrow when it is warmer. However people with thicker hair would tend to stay warmer and live longer, and I would surmise that nature would select for such an advantageous adaptive trait. As you my friend are of stout Scandinavian descent, I would venture to say that the reason for your follicular challengedness would be plain old bad luck.

Thin in FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:06 am

Maybe I didn't write clearly? Since what you wrote goes with what I had meant (unless I'm misunderstanding it). The cold is to cause vasoconstriction (sp?) and the hot is what makes the blood flow increase. Alternating the two is good for you because it makes your body alternate the two and so blood rushes in to your organs (cold) and then out the the extremities (hot) this is good for the network. The extreme cold isn't flushing with blood its creating hypoxia by constructing them to the point that they lack oxygen which triggers a response (angiogenisis -sp?-) from the body to expand the capillary network (studies posted in old threads confirmed this was the case I believe) I'm not sure that it gets cold enough to do this by the cold water alone but headstands should do the trick.

I partly do the hot cold just for the blood benefits and mostly do the headstands to stimulate angiogenisis (sp?). Cold water on the testicles also helps with T levels and since I'm keeping my blood clean it's an overall benefit and wakes me up. I usually shower right after the headstands so I'm hoping the increased blood flowing from the internal organs to the extremities and surface of the skin will further encourage the effect triggered by the temporary hypoxia.

Here's a study that came up in google.. don't have time to read much myself atm, but here ya go.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7539223

Some of the stuff being discussed I guess is open to misinterpretation since I'm basing things off of studies that have come up in the forum in the past and without that knowledge one could make the oversimplified assumption of what I'm talking about.

Of course let me know what you think about this too. As always I'm quite curious.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Ferox-Method: topicals or not? Empty Just noticed this thread..

Post  Laughcrime Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:58 pm

Yes, I think it's a great idea to go for the synergy effect, and add a topical. And while there are a lot of things you could try that are.."nice", "soothing", etc, I feel I really should chime in here, and mention by far the best topical I know of, one which actually is powerful enough to regrow cosmetically very significant terminal hair, all over the head. And that topical is called Zix. Here's the formula: 4 ounces DISTILLED water, 3 tablets of 50mg pyridoxal-5-phosphate form of vitamin b-6, and one 50mg zinc SULFATE capsule. Find a very clean container, dump in the water, dump in the zinc, crush the b6 tablets into powder and dump it in the water, and store it in a dark place, that is not hot. It should keep potency at least a week, but I like to make it more often. Apply it at least once per day, (but no need to do it more than 1-2 times/day) to a clean, dry scalp. I just use a water dropper, but you can still cover your whole head pretty fast.

Very important: do NOT apply this with other topicals, or over other topicals, even if you waited a long time for them to dry!

Do NOT add other ingredients to this formula!

Do NOT expect to see results before at least 4 months, and at that stage expect mainly vellus hairs, and then that's only the beginning. ..Yes-- It's a long process, even with the best topical. The "biiiig secret" to regrowth, is one many people apparently don't want to hear: (after finding something that actually works!!) just accepting that it's a long process, and being persistent.

You can find the active ingredients online in many places, for very little money, and it will last a long time.

And btw, I think there's even more good news: this scalp stimulation/hypoxia/circulation stuff is also the real deal, and, frankly, is probably even the most powerful regimen for regrowth--there are testimonies by many people that this can even completely reverse your hairloss..but here again, notice the key: what do these people say? "Took me four years to regrow it all.." etc. I'm pretty sure that Zix and stimulation techniques are the solution. But I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that these powerful solutions take a LOT of time to fully work. *An amount of time long before which, most people would give them up, thinking that they don't work. At least without knowing what I'm trying to really really drive home here: we must accept that it is a process, a long process. If we do NOT accept this, we have no chance. If we DO accept this, we have the best chance we will ever have. And in my humble opinion, it is an excellent one!!
Laughcrime
Laughcrime

Back to top Go down

Ferox-Method: topicals or not? Empty Also, in good conscience, I have to say

Post  Laughcrime Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:18 pm

other than Zix, the only one I can see that I can't help thinking has gotta be worth a shot, as well, is the formula that (correct me if I'm not being inclusive here) C.S. and Nidhogge developed (in the sticky at top of page). This is after all, a formula with just far and away the most overwhelmingly state of the art ingredients list I've ever seen! ..And developed by some guys who have an unsurpassed understanding of hairloss, as amply demonstrated here in this forum. (And I hope I don't really have to dignify this, but, no, I've never met either of these two gentlemen in person, and am not in the slightest way affiliated.) Anyway, I haven't tried it personally, but if I wasn't so sold on Zix, I would be jumping on that stuff in a heartbeat. (And will probably try it at some point, just to bring everything I can to this game.)
Laughcrime
Laughcrime

Back to top Go down

Post  manofmanytrades Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:29 pm

Laughcrime wrote:

Very important: do NOT apply this with other topicals, or over other topicals, even if you waited a long time for them to dry!

I know that the creator of Zix says this, but does anyone know a specific reason? I believe that he said this in relation to using it with minoxidil because zinc interferes with minoxidil... I wouldn't mind trying Zix but I would like to alternate it with another topical...

manofmanytrades

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:01 am

Could anyone clarify if putting too much oil in your hair is in any way dangerous with regards to hair loss?

I apply emu oil followed by safflower oil.. At the end my hair is drenched in oil!

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:20 am

Grub wrote:Could anyone clarify if putting too much oil in your hair is in any way dangerous with regards to hair loss?

I apply emu oil followed by safflower oil.. At the end my hair is drenched in oil!

i think maybe there is an issue with pores.... clogging pores

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:30 am

Duketronix wrote:The hot/cold is to stimulate the capillary system and if you get it cold enough it will cause hypoxia which causes new capillaries to grow or something. There was as thread on it a long time ago. Apparently this also makes doing headstands better than hanging upside down since it starves the area of oxygen. Then once the flow is allowed to continue it floods with blood and triggers a response form the body toe expand the capillary network. Or that's how I understood it... but I'm just paraphrasing here.

I'd exercise caution about liberally applying cold water to the scalp. I'd only recommend doing this when the scalp is inflamed (like when we use cold water to reduce inflammation caused through burns). I regularly sprayed my temples with cold water for 3 days, and I was shocked to see rapid diffuse thinning of the hairline around 4 or 5 days afterwards. I can only assume, that the continuous cold temperatures caused the cell to enter into a state of contraction and caused hypoxia to kick in.

...Don't mean to be a smart ass, just a word of warning from personal experience.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Thin in FL Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:27 am

Laughcrime wrote:Yes, I think it's a great idea to go for the synergy effect, and add a topical. And while there are a lot of things you could try that are.."nice", "soothing", etc, I feel I really should chime in here, and mention by far the best topical I know of, one which actually is powerful enough to regrow cosmetically very significant terminal hair, all over the head. And that topical is called Zix. Here's the formula: 4 ounces DISTILLED water, 3 tablets of 50mg pyridoxal-5-phosphate form of vitamin b-6, and one 50mg zinc SULFATE capsule. Find a very clean container, dump in the water, dump in the zinc, crush the b6 tablets into powder and dump it in the water, and store it in a dark place, that is not hot. It should keep potency at least a week, but I like to make it more often. Apply it at least once per day, (but no need to do it more than 1-2 times/day) to a clean, dry scalp. I just use a water dropper, but you can still cover your whole head pretty fast.

Do NOT expect to see results before at least 4 months, and at that stage expect mainly vellus hairs, and then that's only the beginning. ..Yes-- It's a long process, even with the best topical. The "biiiig secret" to regrowth, is one many people apparently don't want to hear: (after finding something that actually works!!) just accepting that it's a long process, and being persistent.

You can find the active ingredients online in many places, for very little money, and it will last a long time.

And btw, I think there's even more good news: this scalp stimulation/hypoxia/circulation stuff is also the real deal, and, frankly, is probably even the most powerful regimen for regrowth--there are testimonies by many people that this can even completely reverse your hairloss..but here again, notice the key: what do these people say? "Took me four years to regrow it all.." etc. I'm pretty sure that Zix and stimulation techniques are the solution. But I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that these powerful solutions take a LOT of time to fully work. *An amount of time long before which, most people would give them up, thinking that they don't work. At least without knowing what I'm trying to really really drive home here: we must accept that it is a process, a long process. If we do NOT accept this, we have no chance. If we DO accept this, we have the best chance we will ever have. And in my humble opinion, it is an excellent one!!

Laughcrime:
I like your post, thank you.
However, I am currently using Zix II formula... which adds hair muck, poly 80 and ethyl alcohol (NO minox)... does the aforementioned fall into your category of "not adding anything else"? If so, why?

Thin in FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down