Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Boost carbon dioxide this way to grow new hair in 6 weeks? EmptyYesterday at 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Boost carbon dioxide this way to grow new hair in 6 weeks? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Boost carbon dioxide this way to grow new hair in 6 weeks? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Boost carbon dioxide this way to grow new hair in 6 weeks? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Boost carbon dioxide this way to grow new hair in 6 weeks? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Boost carbon dioxide this way to grow new hair in 6 weeks? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Boost carbon dioxide this way to grow new hair in 6 weeks? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Boost carbon dioxide this way to grow new hair in 6 weeks? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
Boost carbon dioxide this way to grow new hair in 6 weeks? EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 2:57 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Boost carbon dioxide this way to grow new hair in 6 weeks?

+4
Nuada
bevnae
shukov
CausticSymmetry
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Boost carbon dioxide this way to grow new hair in 6 weeks? Empty Boost carbon dioxide this way to grow new hair in 6 weeks?

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat May 01, 2021 1:21 am

Not new info here, but recently some companies have marketed this idea in the form of expensive shampoos.

As part of this renewed understanding of human physiology, carbon dioxide is starting to be understood as incredibly beneficial, instead of a poisonous gas, which it is not (often mistaken for carbon monoxide).

Carbon dioxide is the main product of cellular respiration (production of energy by cells), and may be our most protective factor: Plus it's what greens the earth, despite all the hot air on the issue by profiteers who make audacious statements about reducing carbon dioxide levels to zero (we would all be dead if that happened).

Boost carbon dioxide this way to grow new hair in 6 weeks? Figure10

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/jocd.12501

The study involved transdermal injections of 2ml carbon dioxide at seven locations on the scalp. 

The patients with MPA/AGA were treated once a week for 6 weeks. 

The results were conclusive, overall hair growth and density improved significantly.

During a follow-up period of 3 months after the last treatment, a regression was observed, but the outcomes were still better than before the carbon dioxide.

This study points to some very interesting implications for treating hair loss. 

6 weeks is not very long at all.

It is likely that this treatment could be even more successful, if it was done regularly for say 6 months.

While carboxytherapy is not particularly difficult to implement for a skilled dermatologist, it is not very practical for the layperson. 

However, there may be another way to increase carbon dioxide levels in the scalp:

The local concentration of carbon dioxide in specific tissues and organs can be adjusted by nervous and hormonal activation or inhibition of the carbonic anhydrase enzymes that accelerate the conversion of CO2 to carbonic acid, H2CO3.  - Peat (2011)

Inhibition of the carbonic anhydrase enzymes prevents the breakdown of carbon dioxide and thereby increases its levels in tissues. 

Thiamine HCL (vitamin B1) is an example of a potent carbonic anhydrase inhibitor.

It may be possible to replicate this study’s therapeutic effects by using topical thiamine HCL, dissolved in alcohol and water, and applying it directly to the scalp. 

However, as usual, this doesn’t address the root cause of the hair loss, which always leaves people susceptible to relapse and regression. 

Low carbon dioxide levels in tissues are clearly associated with hypothyroidism which is itself associated with various stressors of modern life. 

A localized approach such as carboxytherapy or topical thiamine may very well be useful, but it has to be combined with systemic lifestyle improvements to yield truly satisfying results.

Last edited by CausticSymmetry on Sat May 01, 2021 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Nuada and bevnae like this post

Back to top Go down

Boost carbon dioxide this way to grow new hair in 6 weeks? Empty Re: Boost carbon dioxide this way to grow new hair in 6 weeks?

Post  shukov Sat May 01, 2021 3:14 am

Approx price of carboxytherapy session seems to be £80-£250. Could certainly add up fast if weekly treatment was required. Aimed mostly at wrinkles, stretch marks etc. (as seems typical MPB is an afterthought at best - you may need to check that the clinic would treat scalp).

Would internal high-dose B1 (or B-complex) have an effect on this mechanism?

shukov

bevnae likes this post

Back to top Go down

Boost carbon dioxide this way to grow new hair in 6 weeks? Empty Re: Boost carbon dioxide this way to grow new hair in 6 weeks?

Post  bevnae Sun May 02, 2021 4:02 am

Would Acetazolamide topical have any application alongside the B1?

bevnae

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun May 02, 2021 4:34 am

bevnae wrote:Would Acetazolamide topical have any application alongside the B1?

if it's safe it's an interesting idea:

Acetazolamide is a prescription medicine used to treat the symptoms of Epilepsy, seizures, drug-induced Edema, acute altitude sickness, and Glaucoma. Acetazolamide may be used alone or with other medications.

Acetazolamide belongs to a class of drugs called Anticonvulsants, Other; Antiglaucoma, Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitors.

What are the possible side effects of Acetazolamide?
Acetazolamide may cause serious side effects including:

increased body hair,
hearing loss,
ringing in the ears,
unusual tiredness,
persistent nausea,
vomiting,
severe stomach,
abdominal pain,
easy bleeding or bruising,
fast or irregular heartbeat,
signs of infection (fever, persistent sore throat),
mood changes,
confusion,
difficulty concentrating,
severe muscle cramps or pain,
tinging of the hands and feet,
blood in the urine,
dark urine,
painful urination, and
yellowing of the eyes and skin (jaundice)

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

bevnae likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Fri May 07, 2021 8:57 am

Very interesting. Is the thiamine HCL topical worth a try ?

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  follijinxed Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:38 pm

I see a number of dermatologists offering this treatment but it is marketed for dark circles under the eye and smoothing out fat. What is required for hair loss?
I even tried getting my derm to do simple Botox on my hairline and he wouldn’t do it.

follijinxed

Back to top Go down

Post  Boycie Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:59 am

I’m going to give this shot with Microneedling but do you think topical Thiamine Pyrophosphate would be better than Thiamine HCL ?

Boycie

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:55 pm

Boycie wrote:I’m going to give this shot with Microneedling but do you think topical Thiamine Pyrophosphate would be better than Thiamine HCL ?

Probably even better

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  follijinxed Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:19 am

After weeks of searching, there is a med spa near my house that offers carboxytherapy for hair loss. I've booked a consultation.

follijinxed

young trunks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Boycie Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:10 am

I have got some thiamine pyrophosphate in liquid form the ingredients are purified water and thiamine pyrophosphate that’s it. On the days I dermaroll I am going to use the liquid thiamine topically as is but on the other days I am wanting to make it with a alcohol carrier, I have some food grade non denatured ethanol 96%. How do I mix it, would I just do 50% alcohol and 50% thiamine and apply it? Anyone with experience with homemade topicals.

Boycie

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:09 pm

I have heard Carboxy treatment destroys fat cells. Isn't that a bad thing both for the scalp and for skin in general?

Subcutaenous fat in the scalp would allow the scalp follicles to have more blood circlulation and "breathe", I would think. With reduced fat cells, I would assume things get worse.

If this treatment is done anywhere else like the face and the body, less fat cells in the skin could even make a person look older.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:29 pm

^ Sounds logical. Fat cells might make the skin not so tight and more flexible.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:18 am

So if my fat cells are destroyed, will they ever come back?

Could this be bad in the long term? Considering doing this treatment.

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:27 am

Can someone post a citation that this "destroys fat cells" premise has any merit to it?

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  follijinxed Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:56 pm

I got my first round of carboxy therapy yesterday and will do it every 2 weeks for the next 2 months.

follijinxed

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:43 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Can someone post a citation that this "destroys fat cells" premise has any merit to it?

"Carboxytherapy is one of the few treatments that works in three phases. Depending on the technique of carbon dioxide administration, we can destroy stubborn fat cells that we would not be able to remove through diet or exercise under normal conditions. When applying CO2 under the skin, we increase blood circulation in the treatment area, while removing excess toxins from our body to the lymphatic system."
https://www.botaniqua.co.uk/treatments/carboxytherapy-cellulite-sagging-skin/

"Carboxytherapy is thought to cause changes to the abdomen's circulation, which damages fat cells, without the scarring or long recovery times of traditional weight-loss surgery."
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5829927/Carbon-dioxide-injections-reduce-abdominal-fat-without-dieters-having-knife.html

"Carboxytherapy has been performed primarily outside the U.S., with a few clinical studies suggesting it may provide a lasting improvement in abdominal contours. The way carboxytherapy works is not well understood. It is believed that injection of carbon dioxide causes changes in the microcirculation, and damages fat cells."
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/06/180608131556.htm

There might be better sources out there, but this is what I've seen so far.

MikeGore

CausticSymmetry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:54 am

Does subcutaenous fat cells or fat cells in general come back? I don't like the idea of losing fat cells (I'm not fat by any means in fact my body fat is quite low), having more fat cells in the scalp is probably better. But I like how it is said the carboxytherapy can help create more bloodflow to the area. If there is no harm to doing this, maybe its good idea to do this. What'd do you reckon?

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  follijinxed Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:55 pm

I just had my second therapy today. The doctor confirmed that it will destroy some fat cells but doesn't think the fat does much for hair on the scalp anyway. It hasn't done me any good and he said the therapy gets good results, so we'll see.

I think the method by which CO2 destroys fat, he said, is that it increases acid levels and somehow that destroys the fat.

No results yet, as it's only been 2 weeks.

follijinxed

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:53 pm

I guess it is also important to the extent it destroys fat cells. But is it possible for fat cells to come back? I think that is most important. That way you have the benefit of revascularization in the scalp and healing the area, but also new fat cell formation might happen as well, who knows.

Just hope not causing damage in a way.

Does you feel the skin scalp in the area of treatment is thinner or thicker, in terms of how it feels and looks?

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  follijinxed Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:00 pm

I've gotten some injections just in front of my hairline and I see no difference in my skin.

follijinxed

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:35 am

I've just had my first session of carboxyltherapy injection. The whole thing was pretty quick like 10 minutes. Hope to see improvements.

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  follijinxed Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:20 am

My third treatment will be on Friday. Nothing substantial to repot just yet but I do think I see some more peach fuzz at my hairline.

follijinxed

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:13 am

I did ask about the whole" does this destroy fat cells in the scalp?", and he said the method used is different, then when used in other areas of the body where they are trying to get rid of fat with carboxy.

Not sure how different it can be when it all seems like injecting a needle with the carboxy.

Considering it was for all the scalp, I was expecting it to take longer or for there to be more injections but was real quick.

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:20 am

I have done two sessions so far. Still too early to see results.

CausticSymmetry wrote:
Inhibition of the carbonic anhydrase enzymes prevents the breakdown of carbon dioxide and thereby increases its levels in tissues.

Thiamine HCL (vitamin B1) is an example of a potent carbonic anhydrase inhibitor.

It may be possible to replicate this study’s therapeutic effects by using topical thiamine HCL, dissolved in alcohol and water, and applying it directly to the scalp.

Where can I buy topical thiamine HCL, as I would like do this at home. Can't find it anywhere online.

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  follijinxed Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:16 pm

I've had my 4th treatment. I do notice some slightly thicker peach fuzz on my hairline. The biggest thing I've noticed though is less shedding. It's gone down to almost nothing.

follijinxed

CausticSymmetry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next