Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Ehlers-Danols Syndrome - Supplements/Treatments That Promote Scalp Collagen Production? EmptyToday at 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Ehlers-Danols Syndrome - Supplements/Treatments That Promote Scalp Collagen Production? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Ehlers-Danols Syndrome - Supplements/Treatments That Promote Scalp Collagen Production? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Ehlers-Danols Syndrome - Supplements/Treatments That Promote Scalp Collagen Production? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Ehlers-Danols Syndrome - Supplements/Treatments That Promote Scalp Collagen Production? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Ehlers-Danols Syndrome - Supplements/Treatments That Promote Scalp Collagen Production? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Ehlers-Danols Syndrome - Supplements/Treatments That Promote Scalp Collagen Production? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Ehlers-Danols Syndrome - Supplements/Treatments That Promote Scalp Collagen Production? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Ehlers-Danols Syndrome - Supplements/Treatments That Promote Scalp Collagen Production? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ehlers-Danols Syndrome - Supplements/Treatments That Promote Scalp Collagen Production?

3 posters

Go down

Ehlers-Danols Syndrome - Supplements/Treatments That Promote Scalp Collagen Production? Empty Ehlers-Danols Syndrome - Supplements/Treatments That Promote Scalp Collagen Production?

Post  Changexpert Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:39 pm

Through many many years of trying figure out why my body was so different from other people, I have finally found my answer last night. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) Type III+Classical is the official medical condition I have. There are many types of EDS, but most common one is Type III, which is indicated by hyper flexible joints. On the other hand, Classical Type is indicated by very stretchy skin. Both Type III and Classical are caused by a genetic defect (or sometimes, there can be no genetic defect, which makes this condition even more befuddling) in collagen production, which can either change the shape/composition of collagen or prevent the body from producing enough collagen. The symptoms of this condition varies greatly, but most notable symptoms are weak joints, anemia, orthostatic intolerance, breathing problem, histamine reaction, migraine, weak low back/spinal cord, nerve issues, overactive bladder, nutrition malabsorption, digestive issues (IBS, bloating, phlegm), and skin complexion problems. One way to do a simple diagnosis is to do a joint hypermobility test at http://www.ednf.org/assessing-joint-hypermobility. I could do every single one except for the first one due to knee surgery I had two years ago.

I feel greatly relieved that I have finally found an answer to all of my symptoms, but the sad part is there is no treatment available for this genetic condition, similar to hair loss. Since my collagen level is low, it makes sense why minoxidil has worsened my hair loss by destroying the scalp collagen. I need some regimen that will restore collagen in the scalp. The ones I know so far are dermarolling/stamping, glycine, and taking bovine gelatin, which is high in glycine. MSM, cysteine, or hylaruronic acid did not work out for me. Collagen capsules are too risky because the manufacturers never fully reveal what they put in a pill and the pills may contain sulfite residue. Would Lysine help in this case? How about BCAA, glucosamine, or NAG? Any other recommendations are welcome. I would sincerely appreciate your response.
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

Ehlers-Danols Syndrome - Supplements/Treatments That Promote Scalp Collagen Production? Empty Re: Ehlers-Danols Syndrome - Supplements/Treatments That Promote Scalp Collagen Production?

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:00 am

MTHFr (folate metabolism) is part of the problem for this condition.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Ehlers-Danols Syndrome - Supplements/Treatments That Promote Scalp Collagen Production? Empty Re: Ehlers-Danols Syndrome - Supplements/Treatments That Promote Scalp Collagen Production?

Post  Changexpert Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:17 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:MTHFr (folate metabolism) is part of the problem for this condition.
Not for me actually. All my MTHFR genes are non-defective. However, I do have other defects along the way that hinder conversion of folate into methylfolate and folic acid into methylfolate.
Changexpert
Changexpert

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:53 am

Welcome to the dark side.

Vitamin C is the standard collagen-building recommendation for EDS. Some people also believe amino acids help. Edit: if the skin heals quickly and with little scarring after cuts (which likely are frequent), the skin probably is functioning almost as well as it can for someone with the disorder.

Minoxidil basically didn't do anything good or bad to my faulty collagen (except make hair shed faster). Standard skin damaging habits like excessive sun exposure should be feared more. Anecdotally at least (I've seen two depressing cases), they can quickly trash Ehlers-Danlos skin.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down