Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Correcting Female Hormone Imbalance EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Correcting Female Hormone Imbalance EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Correcting Female Hormone Imbalance EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Correcting Female Hormone Imbalance EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Correcting Female Hormone Imbalance EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Correcting Female Hormone Imbalance EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Correcting Female Hormone Imbalance EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Correcting Female Hormone Imbalance EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Correcting Female Hormone Imbalance EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Correcting Female Hormone Imbalance

4 posters

Go down

Correcting Female Hormone Imbalance Empty Correcting Female Hormone Imbalance

Post  The Hulk Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:02 am

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a plan to correct a perceived female hormone imbalance? What are the best supplements to take etc?

Symptoms including;

Joint pain
Lack of success with dropping weight (even though exercise and very good diet is followed)
Painful periods
Lethargy
Low libido

On another note, the Doctor seems to be diagnosing my wife and son with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Never heard of it before... Any thoughts on this?

Many thanks in advance...

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Correcting Female Hormone Imbalance Empty Re: Correcting Female Hormone Imbalance

Post  102 Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:27 am

I don't know much about the syndrome, but what class is he diagnosis. The different classes have different effected tissues.

Back to top Go down

Correcting Female Hormone Imbalance Empty Re: Correcting Female Hormone Imbalance

Post  The Hulk Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:17 pm

My son has type 3 of Ehlers Danloss syndrome...

Low collagen in body and hyper-mobility.

Thanks,

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:17 am

Short answer: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome sucks.

Longer answer:
It's about defective connective tissue. Almost anyone who gets diagnosed has it bad, unless it's discovered by way of a close relative. (Milder cases usually never are diagnosed.) It is better to be diagnosed early, to prevent future damage. Except probably for hair and a few other things, it can affect almost every part of the body.

If the hormone problems are the wife's, then I'd say some of them (like pain and fatigue) are primarily from EDS. Although there's been at least one study where many people with Ehlers-Danlos had hormone problems. Maybe that's via pain meds and painsomnia (lack of sleep slows metabolism, by the way).

There are several active support sites for Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, and there must be a ton about female hormone problems.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Correcting Female Hormone Imbalance Empty Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

Post  The Hulk Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:41 am

Thanks for the reply Taking action...

Our son has been diagnosed with EDS (he has a milder version of it) and we are suspecting my wife has it also. It sounds pretty dreadful.

My wife battles regular fatigue, flaming pain in her joints etc.

From a natural perspective, is there anything that can be done? I am looking to get her on some MSM. She is already starting to take iodine. It has been a long road to sway her into trying natural supplements.

THANKS!

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  Organism Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:56 pm

Has her estrogen levels been checked?

Foods that support metabolic rate and thyroid function, and stripping away anything in the diet that inhibit those functions like estrogens and seed oils which impair protective hormones from being released.

So satisfying nutritive requirements while decreasing anything that increases inflammation and stress.. This will help the body synthesize protective hormones like progesterone (made from cholesterol, T3, vitamin A and several other minerals). She can supplement with progesterone (not synthetic) until diet is addressed...

Organism

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:29 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Is there a key list on what the best supplements are to take?

Diet wise, we are clean eaters. Mostly organic type foods, no GMO, steroid free chicken, fresh laid eggs etc.

Thanks

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:55 am

Sorry for the delay. I ignored the notification, having forgotten what it was really about.

I echo the hormone check recommendation.

Vitamin C gets some specific attention as worthwhile for Ehlers-Danlos (collagen support), but there's little evidence it helps. Various anti-inflammatories might help a little with the inflammation EDS patients often get in forms like osteoarthritis. Vitamin D deficiency seems more common in EDS, and normalizing it can lessen pain and fatigue; plus vitamin D can help hormonally, as can zinc. Salt will help virtually anyone with Ehlers-Danlos whose blood pressure is low, which is typical in the syndrome; low BP means less energy. If BP runs low, careful with supplements (many) that can lower it more.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down