Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Very Simple Thing Everyone Can Do EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Very Simple Thing Everyone Can Do EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Very Simple Thing Everyone Can Do EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Very Simple Thing Everyone Can Do EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Very Simple Thing Everyone Can Do EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Very Simple Thing Everyone Can Do EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Very Simple Thing Everyone Can Do EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Very Simple Thing Everyone Can Do EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Very Simple Thing Everyone Can Do EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Very Simple Thing Everyone Can Do

3 posters

Go down

Very Simple Thing Everyone Can Do Empty Very Simple Thing Everyone Can Do

Post  johndoe1225 Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:10 am

Hey all!

I recently noticed something that I've been doing for a LONG time that probably isn't good.

When I'm in public, I always raise my eyebrows, because I have the faulty idea that I would look angry otherwise.  I also started doing this almost constantly, sitting at my computer, watching TV, whatever.

So I decided to put an end to that.  Now that I'm aware of it, I catch myself contracting my forehead muscles ALL THE TIME, and have to consciously relax them.  Not only that, but I also noticed that I clench (not grind) my teeth due to stress.  I catch myself doing that all the time as well, and have to consciously relax them.  I relax my forehead, jaws, and try to relax my whole face.

I'm pretty sure that doing this will help to relieve some of the tension in the scalp, and certainly in the face. I also do Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercises for maybe 5 minutes each day (I used to do it for much longer), so the muscles get worked, even though they get worked when you talk/eat/stuff like that.

So if you have problems with stress (as I do), or even if you don't, give it a try, it couldn't be easier!  It's also quite relaxing.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Very Simple Thing Everyone Can Do Empty Re: Very Simple Thing Everyone Can Do

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:37 am

this makes a lot of sense

i think constipation/stress/anxiety/fakeness play a role in this too

https://www.facebook.com/thedannyroddyweblog/photos/pb.160367813985550.-2207520000.1433450246./947895105232813/?type=3&theater

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:48 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:this makes a lot of sense

https://www.facebook.com/thedannyroddyweblog/photos/pb.160367813985550.-2207520000.1433450246./947895105232813/?type=3&theater

Wow, I didn't realize it was THAT serious, I'm going to work extra hard on relaxing my face

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:00 pm

johndoe1225 wrote:

Wow, I didn't realize it was THAT serious, I'm going to work extra hard on relaxing my face

Oxymoron?  "Work extra hard at relaxing" Laughing

Personally I think smiling is good.thing.  I remember there was a guy teaching about hair regrowth who advised keeping
a little smile most of the time, because it promoted relaxation and thus helped hair. Not a big toothy grin--a soft, little smile Smile Although
toothy is appropriate sometimes!
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:47 pm

Delphine wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:

Ha, or maybe, I'm not going to work hard at all? Very Happy

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:05 am

johndoe1225 wrote:
Delphine wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:

Ha, or maybe, I'm not going to work hard at all? Very Happy

EZ does it cheers
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:18 am

I can't believe how much I used to have my eyebrows raised.  Last night, as I was out, I caught myself at least 10 times in under 5 minutes........This will take some serious concentration!

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:01 am

johndoe1225 wrote:I can't believe how much I used to have my eyebrows raised.  Last night, as I was out, I caught myself at least 10 times in under 5 minutes........This will take some serious concentration!

Tom Hagerty's scalp exercise actually incorporates eyebrow raising a bit and it smooths the forehead. I do it a lot and my forehead is mostly smooth.
http://www.hairtodaytheretomorrow.com/rock-your-hair-bed-with-scalp-exercises/
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:38 am

Delphine wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:I can't believe how much I used to have my eyebrows raised.  Last night, as I was out, I caught myself at least 10 times in under 5 minutes........This will take some serious concentration!

Tom Hagerty's scalp exercise actually incorporates eyebrow raising a bit and it smooths the forehead.  I do it a lot and my forehead is mostly smooth.
http://www.hairtodaytheretomorrow.com/rock-your-hair-bed-with-scalp-exercises/

I'm wondering, can you do these exercises too much?

I recently started doing an intense regimen of scalp muscle exercises, basically Tom Hagerty's combined with another program (which is pretty much extreme versions of Tom's exercises).  I am doing them for at least around two hours a day.  The basic exercise we all know, then I contract my front/occips together and hold them.  They do get burned so something must be working.  People say they are antagonistic muscle groups and can't be contracted at the same time, but...That can't be right, I definitely work both at the same time.  I can even wiggle my scalp a little bit to the left and right while holding both at the same time and wiggling one ear.  Scary looking but fun Very Happy

So the point is, how much is too much?  Is the best thing to do like an intense regimen of scalp muscle workouts (I do around two hours now, will probably do more if I get angry enough at my hair), and then concentrate on keeping your face relaxed for most of the day as per my original post?  Or should you work the muscles constantly to keep the blood flowing?  My galea seems to slide pretty well across my skull so I'm happy with that part. Angiogenesis by all the scalp workouts should be another huge plus.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:10 pm

I doubt you are overdoing it, but you may want
to ask The Man himself.  Hagerty's forum is still active:
http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/phpbb3/

Just a suggestion, you may want to add the headstand, for even more scalp stimulation.
I do it a couple of times a day myself for about 5 min. each time.  Of course, the headstand has
many more benefits than for hair.

I do the scalp exercise too, when I remember Smile My hair is doing well.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:22 pm

Delphine wrote:I doubt you are overdoing it, but you may want
to ask The Man himself.  Hagerty's forum is still active:
http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/phpbb3/

Just a suggestion, you may want to add the headstand, for even more scalp stimulation.
I do it a couple of times a day myself for about 5 min. each time.  Of course, the headstand has
many more benefits than for hair.

I do the scalp exercise too, when I remember Smile  My hair is doing well.

Hey, thanks again, I tried to register by sending him an e-mail but I got no reply, so I sent another one just now

If you don't mind, how long do you do the SE for?

I'm actually trying to do headstands, I do yoga every day and for some reason can't do a simple headstand, I'm always worried I'll flip over Very Happy

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:24 pm

john doe wrote:
Hey, thanks again, I tried to register by sending him an e-mail but I got no reply, so I sent another one just now

I'm actually trying to do headstands, I do yoga every day and for some reason can't do a simple headstand, I'm always worried I'll flip over Very Happy

You could do a modified headstand to begin with, or the shoulderstand, which is generally easier for most.  Look on youtube for "modified headstand."

I don't do the scalp exercise with any regularity or set amount of time.  As I said--when I remember Smile Usually 10 to 20 contractions or so when I do remember.
I feel it is good for my upper face, whether or not it is promoting hair growth.

Hope you hear from Tom H!
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:45 am

Delphine wrote:
john doe wrote:

You could do a modified headstand to begin with, or the shoulderstand, which is generally easier for most.  Look on youtube for "modified headstand."

I don't do the scalp exercise with any regularity or set amount of time.  As I said--when I remember Smile Usually 10 to 20 contractions or so when I do remember.
I feel it is good for my upper face, whether or not it is promoting hair growth.

Hope you hear from Tom H!

Oh, alright, I was just worried because I take it to the logical limit (more like illogical) and do around 2-3 hours total of scalp muscle workouts.  What's worrying me is that during that time, technically the galea is stretched across the skull and tightened, and only after I STOP doing the workouts I would think the benefits of the workout (flexible galea, relaxed frontalis/occipital muscles) would begin.

But then I think, as I mentioned, during the workouts there seems to be a large amount of blood flow to the scalp, so I just go around in circles...

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down