Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Very Simple Rosemary Tea EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Very Simple Rosemary Tea EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Very Simple Rosemary Tea EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Very Simple Rosemary Tea EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Very Simple Rosemary Tea EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Very Simple Rosemary Tea EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Very Simple Rosemary Tea EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Very Simple Rosemary Tea EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Very Simple Rosemary Tea EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Very Simple Rosemary Tea

2 posters

Go down

Very Simple Rosemary Tea Empty Very Simple Rosemary Tea

Post  johndoe1225 Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:58 am

Hey all

I've been making rosemary tea on and off for awhile now but am trying to remember to do it daily now.

It's extremely simple; I just boil some filtered water, dump a whole bunch of dried rosemary leaves in (you know, the ones that come in those containers), let it sit for either 5 minutes or for a few hours if I intend to drink it later.

I can say with 100% certainty that it has helped my digestion/bathroom habits, which were slightly compromised due to stress.  It's pretty amazing.

It doesn't taste good, but it's perfectly tolerable.  I put in about 1.5-2 cups of water, and...A whole lot of leaves, I don't even measure it, but the whole surface of the water in my pot is covered.

I assume this can also very easily double as a hair spray.

Any thoughts on its benefits?  

Very Happy

EDIT: Oh, also it's totally caffeine free. I think.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Very Simple Rosemary Tea Empty Re: Very Simple Rosemary Tea

Post  lamka Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:53 am

Hi, I have found some studies.. looks interesting to me

Rosemary tea consumption results to anxiolytic- and anti-depressant-like behavior of adult male mice and inhibits all cerebral area and liver cholinesterase activity; phytochemical investigation and in silico studies.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25910439

Plasma 1,8-cineole correlates with cognitive performance following exposure to rosemary essential oil aroma
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3736918/

Inhibitory effect of commercial green tea and rosemary leaf powders on the growth of foodborne pathogens in laboratory media and oriental-style rice cakes.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19517743

Suppression of Helicobacter pylori-induced gastritis by green tea extract in Mongolian gerbils. - "Among plant-derived 77 foodstuff samples tested, some tea and rosemary extracts were found to clearly inhibit H. pylori urease in vitro. "
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14550260

Therapeutic effects on murine oral candidiasis by oral administration of cassia (Cinnamomum cassia) preparation.
"All tested samples: lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus), lemon balm (Melissa officinalis), thyme (Thymus vulgaris), rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis), roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa), green tea (Camellia sinensis), and cassia (Cinnamomum cassia) inhibited Candida mycelial growth in vitro. "
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20185867

lamka

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:24 pm

Wow, that sounds like some pretty serious stuff, I never even found those articles

I wonder, is there a limit to how much you should drink a day? Like I said, I make (brew?) it really strong, I've seen recommendations to put like one teaspoon of the leaves into a cup of boiling water, I actually just dump a ton of them into the pot until it makes a big pile, then mix it around with a spoon and let it sit.

EDIT: Also, I must add that the Rosemary tea hair spray smells freaking amazing. I brewed it pretty strong though, about as strong as the tea I drink. I use filtered water like the drinking version.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:44 am

Also I was wondering, it says that Rosemary essential oil is for external use only, but like I mentioned, I brew my Rosemary tea very strong, is this still safe to drink?  Or should I brew it for a maximum of 10 minutes?  I usually let it sit for hours with a ton of leaves.

And when I brew really strong Rosemary tea, I spray it on my hair and scalp a lot, would this eventually get absorbed into my skin and act like it would if I had drunk it, potentially being dangerous as mentioned above?

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down