Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 12:11 pm by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 EmptySat Jun 29, 2024 5:28 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2024 11:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2024 10:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 EmptySun Jun 23, 2024 9:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 EmptySun Jun 23, 2024 6:31 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2024 12:32 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 EmptySat Jun 15, 2024 3:51 pm by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 EmptySat Jun 15, 2024 2:33 pm by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+78
StillSomeTime
Hotspur
Dannyboy
zarathustra
australian
egghead
thisainteasy
SuperMechanioventraliosis
HairOfReason
Serge
gatorNic
Sage 1
johndoe1225
Organism
NW0
Columbo
Faither
BE-COOL
MikeGore
Oker
CausticSymmetry
TheDivineMarquis
RAptor
Nanas
Denied
NotPatrickStewart
focuspoint
rukongai
bitvortex
Hole
theseeker86
dzeris
cloud201
alphadelta
drex1999
YAER
Ho Chi Minh
Brabus
Mageik
gorilla_power
rayl
alb_ert
sanderson
Joey Ramone
rofl
MrGalea
chubbfrank
Duketronix
tooyoungforthis
NDW
PotentPotential
Xenon
Jay07
stanis
Amin80
hairyshowers
SonofOdin
OpenBook
Complexx
berti
Aeons7
schpiloch123
hiilikeyourbeard
stresssucks
Slimnuts
bov51
CaptainGiggles
Florain
sizzlinghairs
Buster121
xyro
ANewHope
Growdamnit
fghjfghj
deleteme
NYJets
Biffy
Keanoseg
82 posters

Page 24 of 43 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 43  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  bov51 Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:05 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:
bogv51 wrote:
SonofOdin wrote:If the Olive Oil is doing something about the DHT problem, then that would prove my theory as to why so many people sit around with vellus hairs from DT that never grow any further. The method drexx described is still confusing to me so I'm going to stick with my pinching for now.

What drexx said is pretty much the same as pinching but instead of using 2 hand to pinch he uses the other hand as a wall and squeeze with the other hand.

Still not getting it. You're saying he's using the heel of one Palm to act as a wall then using the heel of the other palm to push against it? (Engaging a bigger surface area).

I tried doing this in the direction he explained, from the back to front, and it's practically impossible.. Maybe if you go from front to back, vertically pinching along the way, it's more possible, but trying to go about it horizontally is very difficult.

PLEASE, WILL SOMEONE WHO IS GETTING SOLID RESULTS PLEASE PLEASE POST A VIDEO OF YOU DOING DT. PLEASE!

had to get that off my chest..

Not the palm but your fingers

From back to front is dam near impossible with your hand, I was able to do it with the stones tho..

bov51

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  sizzlinghairs Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:18 pm

And you're saying a horizontal across pinch correct? Not a vertical (same direction as the hairline would go) pinch yes? I hope I'm making sense

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:44 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:And you're saying a horizontal across pinch correct? Not a vertical (same direction as the hairline would go) pinch yes? I hope I'm making sense

Yes, horizontal but I think you have vertical and horizontal mixed up. Horizontal is the same direction as the hairline would go

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:49 pm

Horizontal is straight across, vertical is up and down. But maybe our interpretations pertaining to the scalp are differe t

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:02 am

Growdamnit wrote:Yeah, it isnt't working for me either...of course.

Thw funny thing is that after all this time, you have yet to comprehend what the fuck is requireed of you to regrow your hair. In one of your posts that you have posted about a month or two ago you mentioned that the top of your scalp is the hardest part to pinch, and that it's tight. I simply juat laughed when I saw that and came to the conclusion that I had to take a break from this forum

Anyways, the people who actually get it are growing their hair. If not that, they are maintaining and not losing and will eventually regrow their hair if they maintain their persistence.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:18 am

PotentPotential wrote:After 7 months, I've personally not seen regrowth. I have been doing the method correctly (pinching) since day 1. My hair is slightly worse than baseline, quite a bit more recession at the temples, the crown/vertex is largely the same. Something to note is that my hair in areas that were not balding did get healthier in texture and also got darker in colour.

I'm personally ceasing participation in this method, my primary reason being that dealing with the excess dandruff from DT daily has made my life much more difficult. I find myself obsessing over my hair more than ever and despite copious time investment (What much be close too 100-150 hours of head massaging, my results have been largely unfavorable.

I wish everyone the best of luck, on their hair loss journeys

attention newbies, this is a perfect example of what NOT TO DO and HOW NOT TO THINK. Hair loss is a very slow process and so is hair regrowth. It takes at least 6 months to see the beginning of what you would call cosmetic results" and may take even longer with the addition of a potential series of "sheds" that MAY SEEM to be bad, but they're actually a very good sign. Some people, unfortunately, cannot put two and two together and connect keratinization, a complete halt of hair loss and hair loss symotons, increased hair health in already healthy spots, increased vellus hair (some people actually ignore this) restored sensitivity, elongation of existing vellus hairs etc. And deal with a little uncomdort. These people probabky also struggle in other things in life. Please do not take on this mindset and you will NOT be sorry.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:21 am

[quote="bogv51"]
drex1999 wrote:Hindsight, observations and new opinions

Every action has a reaction. The problem with this method is that the reactions take months. Ultimately though, the answers show themselves.

I don't take supplements, I don't eat well, I have sex all the time and I still regrew almost all my hair. Then I coasted and dropped some things and lost half of what I gained after a year of success. I have turned it around again as I posted some months ago and I believe I have learned some new things, by luck it would seem.

Let's back up to the year in which I first had success. I did the exercises religiously and something I didn't think was important. Once a week I rubbed some virgin olive oil on my head. I did it simply because I knew natural oils would penetrate the skin and I wanted it to help soften the build up and help clear the follicles so I had the best chance for success. Why virgin olive oil? What scientific reasons made me choose it? Because it was in my cupboard. That fell by the wayside after the first year. It was goopy, I had my hair back and the follicles were clear. End of discussion.

As I posted this past winter, my regime slackened and I started to lose the hair I gained. It took a few months to realize what was happening and start to turn it around. I did so by going back to pushing the skin into itself like a wall. I stopped losing hair and started getting new ones again. I came here and posted about what had happened. More time went by and I was getting more hair but not in the swaths I got in the first year. What was I missing? Just the olive oil but my follicles were clear. So I googled virgin olive oil and hair regrowth. You can do it yourself but I'll save you the trouble. Virgin olive oil blocks the production of dht in your scalp when applied topically. Why then has this not been the magic bullet for hairloss? Because, I believe, we still have compromised blood flow. BUT, if you take a two pronged approach....and I did...one month later, boom!!

My thought was this, and I put my thinking into action. Olive oil was helping stop dht and must have worked with a once a week application. Then, once we had gotten all the grease out in the first few months, we were artificially clearing the follicles and pumping them up with blood twice a day, just like twice a day minoxidil works. We have to pump them up because even though the scalp is looser, we still deal with compromised flow. I also took into consideration how the hair grows back, and I am not the only one to notice the hair grows back coming from the remaining terminal hair.

This is what I have been doing. Virgin olive oil twice a week, at least a half hour before a shower. That's how long it takes to soak in. I also changed the direction of which I push the skin into itself. I started pushing and torqueing the skin forward, from above my ears (where the blood arrives), towards the front of my head. I worked the whole temple going that direction, from the back toward the front. Imagine pushing the blood through flattened hoses. A bit awkward but you'll catch on. The results one month later coming off existing hair moving forward are spectacular. Better than anything I did in year one. If you do this exactly as I say religiously for two to three months and see nothing, give up. Anyone else having any kind of success should incorporate this and see what happens a month down the road. You're welcome Smile I say that in advance because I have seen.

We'll now start the countdown until bald guys show up with their burning need to reply to this and tell how what I just said won't work. Doesn't matter. I own a mirror.

So how much growth have you gain from dt? Honestly, Ive been at it for 1.3 years without skipping a beat, iono, wth Im doing wrong, all I have is bunch of vellus hairs that doesn't go terminal. what olive oil are you using? can I use cooking olive oil?

drex, you said you regrew most of your hairs, but you never posted a picture. I remember you telling us you would upload a picture even if the results wasn't so great. [/quote

How tight is your scalp and when did you grow those vellus hairs?
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:29 am

SonofOdin wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:I have had no luck whatsoever. What gives?

The majority who have had results have been slow receders and early norwoods. I think hiilikeyourbeard was a pretty high NW but the others, no. My theory is DT alone is not enough for hair loss that is at least somewhat aggressive because all it really is is a growth stim that gives the follicle the 'opportunity' to thrive again by stimulating it but if your system is aggressively attacking its follicles it'll be stimulated, killed, stimulated, killed... and there will be nothing to show for it except for possibly slower loss, and improved hair quality. Which...still may be benefits worth maintaining the therapy.

Match the severity of your hair loss with the intensity of your regimen. If your opponents bring out tanks, do not bring out horses.

Flawed theory.... lol. Drexx, Beard, hairyshower, Slowmoe (his scrunching method was equivalent to DT) and others had pretty high Norwood. That fact of the matter here is that if you restore normal blood to the scalp, you will discontinue the hair loss process. Blood flow is king for nearly anything you can think of.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:32 am

Yes, parts of my scalp are tight even after doing this for a long time. You act like a fucking child.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:36 am

Hole wrote:I have a feeling many people expect DT to show results after 1 day.

My experience after 5 months doing it badly, and 2 half doing it properly. I am gaining ground in general. The whole frontal line is more defined. Skin that was white as changed tonality to a darker brown, may as well be shadow from all the new vellus and random hair starting to grow.

What I can see from DT is that the process is proportionally inverse to that of hairloss, meaning I got first some larger vellus which falls and grow again months later now pigmented and thicker. I can also see that apart from extremely thick hair popping out randomly here and there, the filling starts always closer to areas where there is already existing hair.

To those expecting miraculous growth. Remember the 3 stages of hair growth: anagen, catagen and telogen phases and the timing and duration of each phase. Also DT alone doesn't address the DHT issue, for this you will need to find the root for your imbalance and make a change in diet or lifestyle, or take a mass bomb shortcut pill. I am going for the lifestyle change.

You are doing DT properly if you still feel the sensation of the massage on your scalp hours later you did DT. Also you need to be peeling dead skin. This dead skin is big, not like dandruff.

Good luck everyone.

Great post, Hole.

Btw, th imbalance is caused by hypoxia. Kust FYI

I'm glad you are doing so well. Keep it up bro!!
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:39 am

Growdamnit wrote:Yes, parts of my scalp are tight even after doing this for a long time. You act like a fucking child.

A child that knows how to get ahead in life. Like seriously dude, you're mad at ne call in out your faults? Take the contraceptive criticism and use it to YOUR ADVANTAGE.

Jeez
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:58 am

SonofOdin wrote:If the Olive Oil is doing something about the DHT problem, then that would prove my theory as to why so many people sit around with vellus hairs from DT that never grow any further. The method drexx described is still confusing to me so I'm going to stick with my pinching for now.

from what I've gathered I have seen plenty of people that have experienced elongation of there vellus haired, thickened vellus hair,and even terminal regrowth. people have literally seen their new regrow hairs go from vellus to terminal. Gbp2000 was one person and wasn't the only one.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:00 am

Growdamnit wrote:Yes, parts of my scalp are tight even after doing this for a long time. You act like a fucking child.

By any chance, are you denying that your scalp is still tight in certain places and toying with me? I cam go copy and paste your po......... never mind lol.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:59 am

I just found out a new method of pinching just now, its much easier, imo. Taking a warm/hot shower before dt will help loosen your scalp a lot! The new method that Im doing now is using my finger nail, so I guess you need to have a lil bit of finger nail, not too much for obvious reason. Basically, you just claw your scalp like an eagle, digging under the skin with your fingers.
Example
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 24 Clawf

As for as complexx, I was getting vellus hairs around my hairline around the 5-6 months mark.

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  focuspoint Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:48 pm

Complexx wrote:

By any chance, are you denying that your scalp is still tight in certain places and toying with me? I cam go copy and paste your po......... never mind lol.

So, the entire scalp has to be easily pinchable before regrowth?

focuspoint

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:08 pm

Complexx, what the fuck are you even talking about? English, motherfucker, do you speak it?!

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:20 am

The only benefit I can see of this method, is some very mild pinching of a large area (and I stress very mild to avoid damage). Mild pinching would help decompress cells away from solid skull mass. As for solid pressing, I'd personally ditch that completely because it is crushing vital hair growing cells into the skull in the same way the pillow does.

Some of you make the argument that you are pressing so that you can relieve swelling from tissue, yet this is a myth. The "swelling" is not the result of lymphedema, that is simply ludicrous. What you think is swelling is simply the expanded skull and nothing more. No pressing is going to flatten out skull bones, it will simply cause internal damage to soft tissue byway of compression and shearing.  

So, when you consider that point, then also consider the fact that pinching and pressing are creating two diametrically opposing forces, you will realize that it is pointless. One is helping to decompress, while the other is helping to compress. The latter is the force causing the damage here, yet the former (if done lightly) may be of benefit.

@Complexx, you say that loosening the scalp is key for hair growth, right? Well, if there is any merit to this (which I do believe there is some), then it is because the tissue becomes loose enough, which then leads to follicles becoming less pressurized against the skull, whilst also potentially improving bloodflow. Yet forcing down on tissue with finger tips is having the completely opposite effect and causing a shitload of damage in the process.

Again, I'm not attacking, I'm just trying to help out.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:02 pm

I wrote up a post to debate the no-pillow thing but, realized everyone needs to make their own decision. For me there is no decision to make because I'm already too far into DT and have experienced firsthand the effects. I personally believe that I should be bald by now if the pillow compression idea held any weight because I do DT for so much longer than most in this thread but I am not. I don't have much else to say as I can only speak from personal experience.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:18 pm

SonofOdin wrote:I wrote up a post to debate the no-pillow thing but, realized everyone needs to make their own decision. For me there is no decision to make because I'm already too far into DT and have experienced firsthand the effects. I personally believe that I should be bald by now if the pillow compression idea held any weight because I do DT for so much longer than most in this thread but I am not. I don't have much else to say as I can only speak from personal experience.

I want to stress that I don't think that the pillow compression issue is the primary factor - rather one that can inhibit matrix cell proliferation. This, combined with increased DHT exacerbates this proliferation issue. I am certain of this because of the inflammation I experienced from having temples pressing against a pillow too long. It makes perfect sense, that, the lack of adipose tissue here would cause soft tissue damage from mechanical overload (as in the case of pressure sores / alopecia).

And, in fairness, Odin, you have been on propecia for several months, so no doubt this has helped your hair loss problem.

BTW I am curious; do you do more pinching than you do pressing? If so, this may explain why you are having success (while combined with propecia).

But, anyway, it's not my intention to upset a hornet's nest here; everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I was just merely offering my input. I personally think that some mild pinching would be the only benefit of this method.

P.S. I am experiencing regrowth from preventing the above problems, so no doubt there is substance to this.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:40 pm

Xenon, do you have hard tissue in your bald spots if you pinch?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:43 pm

Growdamnit wrote:Xenon, do you have hard tissue in your bald spots if you pinch?

None, man. And I'm not just saying that to back up my point. I've examined thoroughly and I find no hard obstructions of any kind. It is completely smooth.

Here's what I feel when I run my fingers over my bald spots. 1. The epidermal layers 2. The underlying thin layer of adipose tissue 3. The hard pericranium.

If you feel a boney prominence (such as your knuckle) you will deduce the same thing.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:45 pm

Anyways... no use lurking on the boards for prolonged periods discussing this and that. I'm going to take another few months out and buy a HD camera during that time to chart my progress. If I continue to get more hair, then I'll be back to let you guys know.

Until then, best of luck with your regrowth.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:49 pm

My point was finasteride shouldn't be enough to counteract all the damage you believe DTers do, especially one who does a more intense version of what everyone else is doing in this thread. I only pinch, mostly with bian stones, sometimes finishing off the session with hands. 30-40 min sessions, 2x a day. I do large areas whether than pinch small zones... I don't think pillow compression is much of a factor at all, but I am starting to warm up to the idea that fapping may not be the best practice for hair loss sufferers. Regardless, please report back either good or bad from your regimen.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:44 am

My hairline is continuing to recede. I don't think this is a shed anymore.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:21 am

even if it did work for a few people, its obviously not the working treatment we were all hoping for.

i see the same few people claiming it works, who are too emotionally vested in its success to be rational about their results.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 43 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 43  Next