Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Genetics based testing for Under/Over Methylaters EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Genetics based testing for Under/Over Methylaters EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Genetics based testing for Under/Over Methylaters EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Genetics based testing for Under/Over Methylaters EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Genetics based testing for Under/Over Methylaters EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Genetics based testing for Under/Over Methylaters EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Genetics based testing for Under/Over Methylaters EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Genetics based testing for Under/Over Methylaters EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Genetics based testing for Under/Over Methylaters EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Genetics based testing for Under/Over Methylaters

3 posters

Go down

Genetics based testing for Under/Over Methylaters Empty Genetics based testing for Under/Over Methylaters

Post  lund Sun May 31, 2009 9:43 am

Interesting read on this important topic. The approach calls for genetic testing (gerenova) and use of targeted supps based on the identified genes. Apparently, one can have methylation problems in any of the multiple pathways (up stream , down stream) - testing can reveal the issues and a targeted supps plan can then fill in the gaps.

Seems interesting to me, I may jump and go for the genetics testing...

Methylation Cycle

Over/Under Methylation

lund

Back to top Go down

Genetics based testing for Under/Over Methylaters Empty Re: Genetics based testing for Under/Over Methylaters

Post  lund Sun May 31, 2009 9:53 am

The lab is called genova diagnostics (may be others do it as well, donno)

http://www.genovadiagnostics.com/

lund

Back to top Go down

Genetics based testing for Under/Over Methylaters Empty Re: Genetics based testing for Under/Over Methylaters

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun May 31, 2009 1:38 pm

Methylation status could probably reveal quite of bit of useful information.

For instance, dickkopf 1 (DKK-1) is highly negative and one of the most upregulated genes in hair loss. It is upregulated in 3 to 6 hours after DHT is introduced to dermal papilla cells.

What genetically silences DKK-1? The answer is CpG islands (Hypermethylation of cytosine-rich areas)

Studies associated links between DNA methylation and gene expression. Genetic expression is usually silenced by methylation or rather are methylated, yet more active genes are not. Sequences near silent genes generally are methylated, whereas those near active regions are not.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sun May 31, 2009 1:46 pm

What got my interest was the fact that we are trying to patch the problem by addressing the symptoms - if the methylation (which is so core) is broken or impacted, why not address the source of the problem vs trying to replenish individual minerals, electrolytes, hormones, amino acids, etc...

I am always intersted in figuring out the neuro transmitter interactions and how it enhances the general well being and cognitive functions. We can tinker with Serotonin, DOpamine, GABA, epipherine (Whatever it is spelled as) and so on and on by taking agonists, antagonists, blockers, etc. Whereas, if we can figure out why the body is not able to keep these NTs in balance as nature intended it to be via laerning the issues (if any) methylation cycle - we can address the core source of the problem. From Heart to Liver, to detox, to neuro transmitters - all are affected by the methylation cycle.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Sun May 31, 2009 2:53 pm

The science is over my head, but the overall theory resonates with me. I'd be interested in getting tested. I went to the site, but I couldn't find a total gene test -- only search by disease or symptom. What if you have no symptoms (besides hair loss) or identifiable diseases?

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sun May 31, 2009 4:30 pm

If I am not mistaken, genova scripts are written by providers (ND, MD, etc) - you will probably need to find a practitioner in your area, on the web site(genova) there is a link to request for finding out providers in your area.

Also, the guys doing the full testing, anslysis, and reporting is here: (scroll to the bottom, the fees is $1125...)

http://www.heartfixer.com/AMRI-Nutrigenomics.htm

There are probably other ways to skin this as well. I think the testing can be done via Genova as long as a provider can write the script for it...

I am digging into this, will post what I find.

NewReg wrote:The science is over my head, but the overall theory resonates with me. I'd be interested in getting tested. I went to the site, but I couldn't find a total gene test -- only search by disease or symptom. What if you have no symptoms (besides hair loss) or identifiable diseases?

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down