Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Is there a relation between mpb genetics and age? EmptyToday at 3:49 am by Atlas

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Is there a relation between mpb genetics and age? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Is there a relation between mpb genetics and age? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Is there a relation between mpb genetics and age? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Is there a relation between mpb genetics and age? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Is there a relation between mpb genetics and age? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Is there a relation between mpb genetics and age? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Is there a relation between mpb genetics and age? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Is there a relation between mpb genetics and age? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is there a relation between mpb genetics and age?

+2
Turgius
TheDivineMarquis
6 posters

Go down

Is there a relation between mpb genetics and age? Empty Is there a relation between mpb genetics and age?

Post  TheDivineMarquis Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:48 pm

Does genetics determine the age you will go bald? If so: wich is the causal relation between the amount of hair you loose and the age you have?
TheDivineMarquis
TheDivineMarquis

Back to top Go down

Is there a relation between mpb genetics and age? Empty Re: Is there a relation between mpb genetics and age?

Post  Turgius Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:56 pm

I don't think there is a correlation, and that it has to do with what ever environmental/behavioral factors are causing gene expression. My hairless began when I was 22 and was extremely rapid. My Maternal grandfather was completely bald by age 25 however his brother had full head of hair till his death in his eighties. My father had a full head of hair till 40, and his father had a full head of hair till his death. Also my half brother (same mother) essentially has a full head of hair still, despite being 8 years older than me. Genetics are a factor, but not the only one, and their expression depends on the individual and what is effecting them.
Turgius
Turgius

Back to top Go down

Is there a relation between mpb genetics and age? Empty Re: Is there a relation between mpb genetics and age?

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:56 pm

Regarding age...

I headed a poll years ago and asked the basic question: "How old was your mother at the time of your birth?"

The majority were much older than 25. Why is this relevant?

Because research already shows that younger mothers produce offspring with stronger genetics (longer lifespan).

My mother was 36 when she had me. So as a result, things didn't look good.

There's also epigenetics, which more so than ever plays a strong role.

What your parents, parents, parents, parents ate (what nutrient deficiencies did they have?)

Pottenger's Cats study showed what happens to cats and diet, then there's Weston A. Price who studied primitive, indigenous diets before and after the advent of processed, devitalized foods.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:29 pm

Yes, genetics do determine the age you will go bald. I have told this story in more detail in other posts but here is the shortened version. My father grew up on a farm eating fresh produce his family grew himself. He was in sports and very healthy but the moment his early twenties struck, he'd lost all his hair in a couple of years all the way up to NW5-6 territory.

My own story is that I unlike my dad grew up in the city, and had to make do with as healthy of choices as I could manage. I'm very into fitness, and people have always been amazed at how young and youthful I look. Yet at the age of twenty two I went from possibly being a highschooler to, possibly bordering on thirty years old of age. I went from a NW1.5 to NW4 in about 8-9 months.

We were ticking time bombs from the start waiting to go off at about the same time regardless of our very different environments. My mother was about 19-20 when she had me. Other than my hair I think my genetics are alright as I did grow to be six foot 1 inches in the end so perhaps my parents young age helped in at least one aspect.

This story is ancedotal of course, but it is what I believe. I think when you have slower working mpb genetics, it can be hard to determine when it triggered, and if it triggered at the same time as an individual in your family you might have inherited it from...but, when things are sped up like this, from going to virtually no hair loss to boom, hair today, hair gone tomorrow... It's easier to see.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDivineMarquis Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:15 pm

My mother had me at 24 - is that a good thing in principle?

So should I expect that, althought I take measures regarding mpb prevention, I will loose my hair at the same rate my father or my maternal grandfather lost theirs? - what´s the tendency here?
TheDivineMarquis
TheDivineMarquis

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:22 am

when you consider that from our understanding there is many genes invoved in the genetics component of mpb, and each gene can be dominant or recessive, and theres microRNA and methylation as another layer of genetics (epigenetics) it really is a crap shoot on whether u will follow your dads mpb.

you might or you might not, but if u start receding at the same age he did, then its likely the genes are dominant and you will follow him.

FWIW me and my brothers are more or less all following our fathers hair genetics. but im thinning faster i think because of the environmental influences, namely nicotine replacement, on top of the already existing mpb.

so as you keep hearing , outcome is a combination of genetics and environment.
which is another way of saying it might be genetics or it might not.

rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDivineMarquis Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:29 am

I see. Actually, in my case, I starded to develop a V- like hairline very early - about 16/17 years old; my dad and my maternal grandad, started too loose their hair a little later (about the age of 21/22): my dad went from a norwood 2 to a norwood 5 in 6 years, my grandad went from a norwood 2 too a 5 with an "island" in about 15 years. So the timeline of my loss doesnt coincide much with theirs. I also differ from them in terms of body hair: I gained hair all over my chest and back at the age of 20; none of them experienced this before 35. Wich leads me to suspect that my hair loss is very androgen directed (if there´s such a thing).

All men in my family (both sides) are hairy and have/had a receding hairline during their 20´s; some staid that way for life (like lot of men in my father´s side) other´s lost it during their 30´s. Wich leads my to conclude that genetic predictions are - like you guys are saying - ambiguous. So, the challenge for me is to know wich environmental issues I should watch out for.

But I still have one question: with a mpb family history like mine is it worth trying to preserve my hair with supplements, diet and manuals? Or can it just bee a useless try?
TheDivineMarquis
TheDivineMarquis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazbar Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:49 pm

CS, does your regimen benefit offspring?

Kazbar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down