Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Methyl-selenium compounds inhibit prostate carcinogenesis in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate model with survival benefit. EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Methyl-selenium compounds inhibit prostate carcinogenesis in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate model with survival benefit. EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Methyl-selenium compounds inhibit prostate carcinogenesis in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate model with survival benefit. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Methyl-selenium compounds inhibit prostate carcinogenesis in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate model with survival benefit. EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Methyl-selenium compounds inhibit prostate carcinogenesis in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate model with survival benefit. EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Methyl-selenium compounds inhibit prostate carcinogenesis in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate model with survival benefit. EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Methyl-selenium compounds inhibit prostate carcinogenesis in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate model with survival benefit. EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Methyl-selenium compounds inhibit prostate carcinogenesis in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate model with survival benefit. EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Methyl-selenium compounds inhibit prostate carcinogenesis in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate model with survival benefit. EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Methyl-selenium compounds inhibit prostate carcinogenesis in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate model with survival benefit.

4 posters

Go down

Methyl-selenium compounds inhibit prostate carcinogenesis in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate model with survival benefit. Empty Methyl-selenium compounds inhibit prostate carcinogenesis in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate model with survival benefit.

Post  Amaranthaceae Sun May 24, 2009 4:25 pm

1: Cancer Prev Res (Phila Pa). 2009 May;2(5):484-95. Epub 2009 Apr 28.

Methyl-selenium compounds inhibit prostate carcinogenesis in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate model with survival benefit.
Wang L, Bonorden MJ, Li GX, Lee HJ, Hu H, Zhang Y, Liao JD, Cleary MP, Lü J.

Hormel Institute, University of Minnesota, 801 16th Avenue Northeast, Austin, MN 55912, USA.

Chemoprevention of prostate cancer by second-generation selenium compounds in reference to selenomethionine holds strong promise to deal with the disease at the root. Here we used the transgenic adenocarcinoma mouse prostate (TRAMP) model to establish the efficacy of methylseleninic acid (MSeA) and methylselenocysteine (MSeC) against prostate carcinogenesis and to characterize potential mechanisms. Eight-week-old male TRAMP mice (C57B/6 background) were given a daily oral dose of water, MSeA, or MSeC at 3 mg Se/kg body weight and were euthanized at either 18 or 26 weeks of age. By 18 weeks of age, the genitourinary tract and dorsolateral prostate weights for the MSeA- and MSeC-treated groups were lower than for the control (P < 0.01). At 26 weeks, 4 of 10 control mice had genitourinary weight >2 g, and only 1 of 10 in each of the Se groups did. The efficacy was accompanied by delayed lesion progression, increased apoptosis, and decreased proliferation without appreciable changes of T-antigen expression in the dorsolateral prostate of Se-treated mice and decreased serum insulin-like growth factor I when compared with control mice. In another experiment, giving MSeA to TRAMP mice from 10 or 16 weeks of age increased their survival to 50 weeks of age, and delayed the death due to synaptophysin-positive neuroendocrine carcinomas and synaptophysin-negative prostate lesions and seminal vesicle hypertrophy. Wild-type mice receiving MSeA from 10 weeks did not exhibit decreased body weight or genitourinary weight or increased serum alanine aminotransferase compared with the control mice. Therefore, these selenium compounds may effectively inhibit this model of prostate cancer carcinogenesis.

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Activated-Selenium-200-mcg-60-Capsules/169?at=0

As a bonus you get 9 mg Sulforaphane Glucosinolate as well.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Methyl-selenium compounds inhibit prostate carcinogenesis in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate model with survival benefit. Empty Re: Methyl-selenium compounds inhibit prostate carcinogenesis in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate model with survival benefit.

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun May 24, 2009 6:09 pm

cpio - This is cool stuff, and love that 9 mg of Sulforaphane. I noticed one of the comments about hair, it read, " excellent for hair and nails, May 30, 2008
From Texas
By the end of the first bottle my nails had stopped splitting. After finishing 2 bottles, my hair was growing surprisingly quickly, thick and shiny. Great product!"
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Methyl-selenium compounds inhibit prostate carcinogenesis in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate model with survival benefit. Empty Re: Methyl-selenium compounds inhibit prostate carcinogenesis in the transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate model with survival benefit.

Post  Swimmy Sun May 24, 2009 9:42 pm

It works for me, but if taken at the same time with magnesium, it appears to inactivate the sulphur (broccoli) component of the supplement. Not to worry. I just take the Selenext at the beginning of the meal, and the magnesium at the end (at least 30 minutes later). I can tell if I get too much of the sulphur/broccoli. It shows by a loose stool. Even so, I can tolerate many caps in one day with every meal.

glad I picked that up

Swimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Mon May 25, 2009 10:46 am

I follow the Iodine supplementation at curezone and there they have discussed Selenium as adjunct protocal to Iodine supplementation (together with Vitamin C and salt water pushes). I rememeber reading there that there are 2 types of selenium and apparently we need both. One was the "L-selenomethionine" and the other form from the Brazil Nuts. Both are needed and complement each other.

Here is the text:

I am not a research scientist, although lately I feel like one, so this is simply an interpretation of the PDF (found in prior post) for clarity…

- There are two distinct functions of Selenium

- One is as an antioxidant or detoxifier (Heavy Metals) and as a building block of proteins and enzymes. This form is stored in the format of Selenite and Selenomethionine by the tissue.
- The other requires further conversion, first to Selenomethionine then to methylselenol then further into anti-cancer anti cell differentiating functions.
NOTE: By fighting cancer at this level it uses apoptosis to rid the body of the faulty cells in a carefully-orchestrated process instead of necrosis which could cause massive toxicity and actually end up spreading tumors.

- The document also goes into the failure of so called anti-cancer foods to deliver the correct form of Selenium (SeMC) if not grown in Selenium rich soils.
Table 3 on page 6 is also worth looking at; I interpret this as supplementing with Selenium from yeast (a combo of Elemental and Selenomethionine) is best only to be beaten out by the Brazil nut and SeMC.

Since the intake of iodine seems to trigger huge reactions by the immune system to rid itself of cancers the intake of SeMC should be considered. Another consideration should be the availability of the pathways to do all this converting. I have now seen three with low methionine levels and high Homocysteine levels which leads me to believe their body is incapable of the conversion process without affecting the Methylation Cycle which may trigger depression/fatigue and kidney trouble.

Conclusion: SeMC appears to be a great addition for those with a less than ideal Methylation Cycle, but in this form we don’t get the antioxidant, detoxifier, protein building and enzyme function and still require a second source as in Brazil Nuts or Selenium from Yeast.

DO YOUR OWN Due Diligence

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down