Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Heat treatment increases the incidence of alopecia areata in the C3H/HeJ mouse model EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
Heat treatment increases the incidence of alopecia areata in the C3H/HeJ mouse model EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Heat treatment increases the incidence of alopecia areata in the C3H/HeJ mouse model EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Heat treatment increases the incidence of alopecia areata in the C3H/HeJ mouse model EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Heat treatment increases the incidence of alopecia areata in the C3H/HeJ mouse model EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Heat treatment increases the incidence of alopecia areata in the C3H/HeJ mouse model EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Heat treatment increases the incidence of alopecia areata in the C3H/HeJ mouse model EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Heat treatment increases the incidence of alopecia areata in the C3H/HeJ mouse model EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Heat treatment increases the incidence of alopecia areata in the C3H/HeJ mouse model EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Heat treatment increases the incidence of alopecia areata in the C3H/HeJ mouse model

4 posters

Go down

Heat treatment increases the incidence of alopecia areata in the C3H/HeJ mouse model Empty Heat treatment increases the incidence of alopecia areata in the C3H/HeJ mouse model

Post  Xenon Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:06 am

*Note: I've edited the following study because it is quite long to read. Within the link provided are images of mice who suffered alopecia areata after being subjected to heat stress.

In this study, we investigated the effects of heat treatment, a physiological stress, on AA development in C3H/HeJ mice. Whereas this strain of mice are predisposed to AA at low incidence by 18 months of age, we observed a significant increase in the incidence of hair loss in heat-treated 8-month-old C3H/HeJ mice compared with sham-treated mice. Histological analysis detected mononuclear cell infiltration in anagen hair follicles, a characteristic of AA, in heat-treated mouse skin. As expected, increased expression of induced HSPA1A/B (formerly called HSP70i) was detected in skin samples from heat-treated mice. Importantly, increased HSPA1A/B expression was also detected in skin samples from C3H/HeJ mice that developed AA spontaneously. Our results suggest that induction of HSPA1A/B may precipitate the development of AA in C3H/HeJ mice. For future studies, the C3H/HeJ mice with heat treatment may prove a useful model to investigate stress response in AA.

RESULTS
Incidence of AA in heat- and sham-treated C3H/HeJ mice

All C3H/HeJ mice had a normal appearing hair coat upon arrival to our facility. In the first experiment, we investigated whether heat treatment, as an external stressor, increased the incidence of AA. Eight-month-old mice were heated on the trunk with 48.5°C circulating water for 20 min daily for 12 consecutive days (Jimenez et al. 2008). Control mice were sham-treated with room temperature water. At the end of treatment, eight of 35 (23%) heat-treated 8-month-old mice developed AA, whereas only three of 40 (7.5%) sham-treated mice developed AA (Fig.​(Fig.1a).1a). The increase in the incidence of AA in the heat-treated group was statistically significant (p < 0.0001). We also heat- or sham-treated 18-month-old mice once a week for 6 weeks (Jimenez et al. 2008). Similar hair loss pattern was observed in heat-treated mice and mice that developed AA spontaneously

Full study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3024057/

Heat treatment increases the incidence of alopecia areata in the C3H/HeJ mouse model Tileshop_pmc_inline.html?title=Click%20on%20image%20to%20zoom&p=PMC3&id=3024057_12192_2010_209_Fig1_HTML
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Heat treatment increases the incidence of alopecia areata in the C3H/HeJ mouse model Empty Re: Heat treatment increases the incidence of alopecia areata in the C3H/HeJ mouse model

Post  Xenon Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:31 am

Additionally I'd like to emphasize that thermal stress is not the only factor in the upregulation of heat shock (stress) proteins: "The cellular stress response is characterized by an elevation of heat shock proteins (HSPs) (Park et al. 2005; Voellmy 2006). HSPs are a family of stress-responsive proteins that deal with thermal and other proteotoxic stresses including ultraviolet light, heavy metal, inflammation, and oxidative stress"

So when you guys were talking about mercury fillings adding to your hair loss issues, you were most likely correct.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Heat treatment increases the incidence of alopecia areata in the C3H/HeJ mouse model Empty Re: Heat treatment increases the incidence of alopecia areata in the C3H/HeJ mouse model

Post  Zaphod Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:53 am

Xenon wrote:Additionally I'd like to emphasize that thermal stress is not the only factor in the upregulation of heat shock (stress) proteins: "The cellular stress response is characterized by an elevation of heat shock proteins (HSPs) (Park et al. 2005; Voellmy 2006). HSPs are a family of stress-responsive proteins that deal with thermal and other proteotoxic stresses including ultraviolet light, heavy metal, inflammation, and oxidative stress"

So when you guys were talking about mercury fillings adding to your hair loss issues, you were most likely correct.

Totally agree with you about HSPs. There is another trigger however: EMF overexposure (such as from cell phones).

As you pointed out, heat shock proteins have multiple triggers, and indicate cellular stress, despite being called -heat-shock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osxIMP8k1ys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj_QgFIqAdE

I flush my face during exercises, and badly react to overheating - although can handle it severally better if i have enough electrolytes in the system and especially iodine, which in my opinion has chelation like abilities while sweating (also thermo-regulative).I am AA sufferer, and have partially reversed the condition - that means i've regrown some hair that were missing. In areata condition, can't stress enough about importance of having attention on gut triggers.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:01 am

Beebrox wrote:
Xenon wrote:Additionally I'd like to emphasize that thermal stress is not the only factor in the upregulation of heat shock (stress) proteins: "The cellular stress response is characterized by an elevation of heat shock proteins (HSPs) (Park et al. 2005; Voellmy 2006). HSPs are a family of stress-responsive proteins that deal with thermal and other proteotoxic stresses including ultraviolet light, heavy metal, inflammation, and oxidative stress"

Totally agree with you about HSPs. There is another trigger however: EMF overexposure (such as from cell phones).

As you pointed out, heat shock proteins have multiple triggers, and indicate cellular stress, despite being called -heat-shock.

I flush my face during exercises, and badly react to overheating - although can handle it severally better if i have enough electrolytes in the system and especially iodine, which in my opinion has chelation like abilities while sweating (also thermo-regulative).I am AA sufferer, and have partially reversed the condition - that means i've regrown some hair that were missing. In areata condition, can't stress enough about importance of having attention on gut triggers.

Thanks, Beebrox. I'll have a look at those youtube vids in a moment. This is all starting to piece together quite well now. Mechanical force is another stress protein trigger, and would further explain why over combing my scalp (applied friction) added to my hairloss woes in the past.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:11 am

These videos are very good, Beebrox, I've just watched the first one. I used to study the effects of EMF's when I was a conspiracy buff, but I never knew of their connection with stress proteins per se. I'm going to check out the second talk now.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:10 am

Xenon wrote:These videos are very good, Beebrox, I've just watched the first one. I used to study the effects of EMF's when I was a conspiracy buff, but I never knew of their connection with stress proteins per se. I'm going to check out the second talk now.

There are better videos from dr. Blank than what i've posted; and there is of course a way to see the whole studies. It's interesting to me, since it's really weak signal that does the job, although that amplitude has a role also.

If interested i have quite material in .pdf form to share.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:39 am

Beebrox wrote:
Xenon wrote:These videos are very good, Beebrox, I've just watched the first one. I used to study the effects of EMF's when I was a conspiracy buff, but I never knew of their connection with stress proteins per se. I'm going to check out the second talk now.

There are better videos from dr. Blank than what i've posted; and there is of course a way to see the whole studies. It's interesting to me, since it's really weak signal that does the job, although that amplitude has a role also.

If interested i have quite material in .pdf form to share.

It's interesting... a gal I used to be with, who lived about 60 miles from my hometown, would continually tell me about people in her area dying of leukemia. What also startled me, was the amount of people there who suffered personality disorders or were sexual deviants. Coincidentally she lived right by some gargantuan radio / TV transmitter (the largest in England), and I remembered wondering if the EMF's from this Mordor tower were causing these problems in so many people.

And yep, I'm interested in your pdf.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:40 am

Yes, in some areas some diseases have peak and are connected directly with EMF overexposure. Leukemia, mental disorders, other cancers, biotoxin related illnesses...

There is a study that deals with how much is worth a human life. If my memory serves is ~around 30000$ in average. It's easy for establishment to ignore the pro-health concerning data and put the money in the pocket while they still can. The day will come, when using smartphone will be judged the similar way that it's eating junk, smoking or breathing traffic air, IMO.

It depends on the area, but we are most all overpowered.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:57 am

J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol. 2014;33(4):339-47.
Hsp70 is an independent stress marker among frequent users of mobile phones.

The aim of this study was to measure the serum concentrations of heat shock protein (HSP) 70 and C-reactive protein (CRP) and the expression levels of the hsp70 gene among frequent users of mobile phones (FUMPs). We enrolled 120 employees of information technology (IT)/IT enabled service companies (FUMPs; IT professionals) and 102 infrequent users of mobile phones (IFUMPs; people from non-IT professions) as controls. The serum concentrations of HSP70 and CRP were measured by enzyme-linked immunosorbant assay and hsp70 gene expression by reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction. Significantly higher concentrations of serum HSP70 (P < 0.00012) and CRP (P < 0.04) were observed among FUMPs than IFUMPs. A higher level of hsp70 gene expres​sion(fold induction) was observed among FUMPs than IFUMPs (P < 7.06 × 10-13). In contrast to the duration of exposure-dependent increase of serum concentration of CRP, the serum HSP70 concentration was found to be independent of the duration of exposure to mobile phones. Thus, the study convincingly demonstrated the role of serum HSP and CRP as systemic inflammatory biomarkers for mobile phone-induced radiation.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:27 am

Xenon wrote:
Beebrox wrote:

Thanks, Beebrox. I'll have a look at those youtube vids in a moment. This is all starting to piece together quite well now. Mechanical force is another stress protein trigger, and would further explain why over combing my scalp (applied friction)  added to my hairloss woes in the past.

i bet there's a hormetic sweet spot with shock proteins. too little down regulates critical functions, too much and stuff goes haywire. (one reason why I backed off saunas, even though i love them and their detox effects)

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down