Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Prevention and treatment of alopecia areata with quercetin in the C3H/HeJ mouse model EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
Prevention and treatment of alopecia areata with quercetin in the C3H/HeJ mouse model EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Prevention and treatment of alopecia areata with quercetin in the C3H/HeJ mouse model EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Prevention and treatment of alopecia areata with quercetin in the C3H/HeJ mouse model EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Prevention and treatment of alopecia areata with quercetin in the C3H/HeJ mouse model EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Prevention and treatment of alopecia areata with quercetin in the C3H/HeJ mouse model EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Prevention and treatment of alopecia areata with quercetin in the C3H/HeJ mouse model EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Prevention and treatment of alopecia areata with quercetin in the C3H/HeJ mouse model EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Prevention and treatment of alopecia areata with quercetin in the C3H/HeJ mouse model EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Prevention and treatment of alopecia areata with quercetin in the C3H/HeJ mouse model

4 posters

Go down

Prevention and treatment of alopecia areata with quercetin in the C3H/HeJ mouse model Empty Prevention and treatment of alopecia areata with quercetin in the C3H/HeJ mouse model

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:49 am

Cell Stress Chaperones. 2011 Nov 1. [Epub ahead of print]
Prevention and treatment of alopecia areata with quercetin in the C3H/HeJ mouse model.
Wikramanayake TC, Villasante AC, Mauro LM, Perez CI, Schachner LA, Jimenez JJ.

Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 1600 NW 10th Avenue, RMSB 2023A, Miami, FL, 33136, USA.

Alopecia areata (AA) is an autoimmune non-scarring hair loss disorder. AA can be acute, recurrent, or chronic. Current therapeutic options for AA are limited, and there is no effective prevention for recurrent AA. We have previously shown a correlation between the expression of HSP70 (HSPA1A/B), a heat shock protein involved in the inflammatory response, and the onset of AA in the C3H/HeJ mouse model. In this study, we tested the effects of quercetin, a bioflavonoid with anti-inflammatory properties, on AA development and HSP70 expression in the C3H/HeJ model. Mice with spontaneous AA were treated with subcutaneous quercetin or sham injections. Hair regrowth was observed in lesional areas in all the quercetin-treated mice, but in none of the sham-treated mice. In addition, non-alopecic C3H/HeJ mice were heat-treated to induce alopecia, along with quercetin or sham injections. Whereas 24% of the heat-treated mice with sham injections developed alopecia, none of the mice receiving quercetin injections did. As expected, the level of HSP70 expression in quercetin-treated areas was comparable to control. Furthermore, we showed that systemic delivery of quercetin by intraperitoneal injections prevented/reduced spontaneous onset of AA. Our results demonstrated that quercetin provided effective treatment for AA as well as prevention of onset of AA in the C3H/HeJ model, and warrant further clinical studies to determine whether quercetin may provide both treatment for preexisting AA and prevention of recurrent AA. The ready availability of quercetin as a dietary supplement may lead to increased patient compliance and positive outcomes for AA.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Prevention and treatment of alopecia areata with quercetin in the C3H/HeJ mouse model Empty Re: Prevention and treatment of alopecia areata with quercetin in the C3H/HeJ mouse model

Post  dreft Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:18 am

Good news because I'm already taking it for allergies Smile. Of course, in small quantities as a pill. The mice got it as injections. No clue in the article concerning the effective quantity one needs to take though...

dreft

Back to top Go down

Prevention and treatment of alopecia areata with quercetin in the C3H/HeJ mouse model Empty Re: Prevention and treatment of alopecia areata with quercetin in the C3H/HeJ mouse model

Post  AS54 Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:49 am

That is one thing that always concerns me about the effectiveness of supplementation.
You tend to find standard dosages with most of the supplements you purchase and most products
don't fall too far out of this standard range.

But when I see studies like this it always makes me wonder if these dosages are anywhere close to proportionate to the dosages given to the test subjects.

I guess I'd like to know how the dosage for the supplement products is determined and if I should be taking more than the recommended amount.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:59 am

I've been taking it now steadily for a few months now. Is main advantage might be how it reduces anxiety and corticotrophin releasing hormone. It also modulates
the HTPA, so it's a win-win.

I use this stuff to get the additional phospholipid carrier.

http://www.iherb.com/MRM-Quercetin-500-mg-60-Veggie-Caps/12059?at=hil335

If the study above has any merit, it would not be surprising given its other benefits.
I usually take it twice per day.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:52 am

Quote CS

"In addition, non-alopecic C3H/HeJ mice were heat-treated to induce alopecia, along with quercetin or sham injections"

Heat treated, I Love it! Today when I dunked my head in the ocean off the pacific NW cost it was about 6 degrees C.
Done it 4 weeks in a row now and.... regrowth!

Thanks for the link CS, I just ordered a bottle.
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down