Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 13 EmptyToday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 13 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 13 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 13 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 13 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 13 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 13 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 13 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

+88
symbiotic
ngb
sizzlinghairs
Alan
marku
dudebro
Amaranthaceae
Longshanks
Duketronix
GreatDiscovery
hairisthickening
drex1999
Horatius
schpiloch123
zn
Hair101
Regrowth
LawOfThelema
Fibonacci
playmaker
hairloss hippie
mistyisland
Hali-L
isis
ghai018
Zaphod
FATE
young trunks
Lurx
Delphine
Aum
gg4545
crysanthium
elan164
virtua_
Thin in FL
ocelot911
longhairedredhead
JZ
shaggydog
taidan
zeroes
hammer2012
huli
angstman
theseeker86
Crusher
Balthier
Mawson06
j87x
imprisoned-radical
Paradox
duel_black
bobbers2011
zanza
jkj86
masterfree
dadon
whodathunkit
Yanks
gbp2000
ferox
tcpratt
AS54
Hoppipolla
sanderson
MilBA
RPM
bov51
jlj
Zeke
tooyoung
angusmojo
MikeGore
wildman
SlowMoe
calvicie
gutted
dreft
Gibson
Columbo
9rugrats5
EazyGo
CausticSymmetry
GoodThings
tudor
hellwig
NeonMonk
92 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 13 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  Yanks Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:09 am

Hip, the collagen issue seems to make sense in that you may have been malnourished and causing gut inflammation from toxins/processed foods. You may have been creating a leaky gut issue and inhibitting collagen production. This would have been bad for skin and hair, but you have really seen the wrath of MPB once you were in a full leaky gut state, causing severe inflammtion, allergy to foods, hormone imbalances, all resulting in inflammation, over production of sebum, infection in your scalp.

i think that hormones like DHT will worsen an MPB state trememdously as DHT influences sebum production, bone growth (tight scalp goes along with galea theory) etc. But this is only one piece of the puzzle. So guys without SEVERE MPB/thinning/inflammation/ prob don't have as bad of gut issues, and therfore knocking out DHT does a lot for them, at least initially. But in cases like yours, and mine, DHT blocking will help to some degree, but not solve the issue. And it will of course lead to other issue as well.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 13 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:19 am

Yanks wrote:Hip, the collagen issue seems to make sense in that you may have been malnourished and causing gut inflammation from toxins/processed foods. You may have been creating a leaky gut issue and inhibitting collagen production. This would have been bad for skin and hair, but you have really seen the wrath of MPB once you were in a full leaky gut state, causing severe inflammtion, allergy to foods, hormone imbalances, all resulting in inflammation, over production of sebum, infection in your scalp.

i think that hormones like DHT will worsen an MPB state trememdously as DHT influences sebum production, bone growth (tight scalp goes along with galea theory) etc. But this is only one piece of the puzzle. So guys without SEVERE MPB/thinning/inflammation/ prob don't have as bad of gut issues, and therfore knocking out DHT does a lot for them, at least initially. But in cases like yours, and mine, DHT blocking will help to some degree, but not solve the issue. And it will of course lead to other issue as well.

Yeah, everything in there fits with what I've learned, and you put it very well Smile

The only thing that I don't know about is DHT and bone growth. What is that all about? Shocked

And >.< the front of my hair (the lil bit at the front in the middle of the hairline that always comes down a bit more) looks SO thin ._. I am confident we're all along the right lines and we may even have struck gold with this but it's so scary/horrible to see it looking so thin. On the plus side, I can still feel quite a lot of baby hairs around so I know it isn't THAT weak up there! COME ON! Keep fighting lil guys!! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:46 pm

Ok erm, I'm basically copying this girl more:

http://recedinghairline.blogspot.co.uk/

(thank you hellwig SO much for that link!)

Simply because she also has long hair so the choice of brush and the technique of brushing is identical to what I need to do!!

Yay!

I have been brushing for ages tonight and my hair feels fantastic and is looking SO neat and tidy too!! It's really nice to do actually. I'm using a cheap brush at the moment (the hard version of this brush: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Annie-Medium-Bristle-Wave-Brush-100-Boar-Bristle-2160-/140740801387 ) but I will get the one from ferox and also experiment with ones like the girl on blogspot (Pam, apparently!) used, to see what works best for me.

Yay I have a good feeling about this endeavour! Very Happy
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:34 am

So ferox (and others with success brushing), do you always brush until all of that area is red? Even at my hairline where I can get more brush contact it's hard to get it ALL red without feeling like I'm overdoing it - it usually ends up patchy red and looks kinda sore (nothing too serious ofc, just a little). Is this ok? The patchy redness hangs around for ages..

No noticeable results yet - hair at the centre of my hairline looks noticeably thinner but hopefully that's just due to dying hairs being removed or something. I'll try to make sure I don't actually ever DAMAGE hair, it's just hard to tell where to draw the line.

I've felt like I could feel mild hair stubble and possibly see it on the tiny bald areas where my hairline has receded at the sides but I just don't know yet...

Thanks for the advice and support Smile

EDIT -- Although whoa the vein there is sticking out tons and the area is really warm! Maybe I'm doing better than I think and I just need to be patient Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurx Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Are many here choosing to do massage and brushing over PapillaPower's method? I didn't get a response when I emailed him and getting a signature notarised would be difficult anyway, so I'm looking for reassurance Laughing

Lurx

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Lurx wrote:Are many here choosing to do massage and brushing over PapillaPower's method? I didn't get a response when I emailed him and getting a signature notarised would be difficult anyway, so I'm looking for reassurance Laughing

Yeah I've actually got 2 printed copies of the NDA, but due to uncertainty about getting them notarised I haven't done anything with them yet.

I mean, if brushing works then I'm fairly happy with that Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:23 am

Ok how would this technique work for a black guy? I'm black and I can't tell if my skin is pink/red...I'm medium black and I can tell when my arm is red if I scratch it a lot/same for leg but thats on certain sides. It won't work for my scalp...so what do I do? Towel or Brush?

I have this brush...also I found a way to make the technique better...I'll share that with you all too?! cheers

Anyways here is my brush...

http://cdn100.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/112/415/812/double-sided-soft-hard-boar-hair-brush-d1467.jpg

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:28 am

young trunks wrote:Ok how would this technique work for a black guy? I'm black and I can't tell if my skin is pink/red...I'm medium black and I can tell when my arm is red if I scratch it a lot/same for leg but thats on certain sides. It won't work for my scalp...so what do I do? Towel or Brush?

I have this brush...also I found a way to make the technique better...I'll share that with you all too?! cheers

Anyways here is my brush...

http://cdn100.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/112/415/812/double-sided-soft-hard-boar-hair-brush-d1467.jpg

Just brush your scalp and if it starts hurting then you know your skin is red. Vrry easy

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:03 am

this guy was successful at the brush technique and this is what he added...olive oil...

I wanted to see what everyone thought about this..I was thinkin of trying this and add cayenne pepper supplement to increase circulation.

here is his post for treatment:

TREATMENT: Massage any pure, natural oil into scalp, Extra virgin olive, coconut and grape seed work well. Then brush vigorously preferably using a palm held brush with short natural boar bristles.(Quite stiff bristles are best). You can see them on Amazon - they are known as military brushes.
Brush strongly so you feel it stimulating/irritating scalp. But do not overdo it. Do 90 /110 strokes each day and focus on where loss is. You may be apprehensive about irritating scalp - believe me I was too but this is what will force new growth as it unplugs the blocked hair ducts that result in loss - they are experienced as the painful small itching spots.
As you brush some shedding and breakage may occur at first but will quickly stop as brushing makes hair better anchored and stronger. New hairs will appear and will be weak looking and sparse. Keep up the brushing and do not be concerned if brushing uproots them, as they will RE-APPEAR EVEN STRONGER and will not be uprooted.
I found it best at the beginning to apply the oil at night, do the brushing and sleep with it that way and wash off in the morning.

My hair has completely regrown on crown. Where receded at front regrowth was slower at first then each month it became denser.and has also completely regrown.
I only wash hair with totally safe pure soap or shampoo with no toxins - no toxic coloring, no toxic fragrances, no toxic preservatives, no harmful additives of any kind. You can also find them in GNC, Trader Joes, some Walmart Stores, Cost Plus, Wegmans, Earth Fare, and some natural & health foods stores.

P.S. My near bald brother is now using the treatment after seeing my great success. We had not seen each other for 15 years and he and my other totally bald brother and totally bald 18 year old nephew were all amazed to see me with all my hair. Again it clearly shows that genetics has nothing to do with hair loss.

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:32 am

I too have been regrowing a lot of new hairs from massaging and within the last few weeks I have added brushing!
Its been a while since Mr PapillaPower has posted, I have emailed him a few times like he states on his site, but I get no reply...
If his method is really that different from the towel rubbing method and yeilds good results, THIS IS A JOKE!
As he holds very usefull infomation that could help millions and yet does little about helping people...

Anyone intrested in stateing a method (strongly relating to PapillaPowers, but with its own name and a slight alteration to remarket his already once remarketed method)
FATE
FATE

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:05 am

ferox wrote:Just brush your scalp and if it starts hurting then you know your skin is red. Vrry easy

That's good advice thanks dude Smile

My scalp almost always hurts by the time I stop (which is why I stop).

I tend to keep going until it's just STARTING to hurt, and then I stop because it's becoming uncomfortable (and I do worry about damaging stuff).

Do you keep going when it starts to hurt your scalp, or stop?
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:34 pm

Well my hair overall feels pretty damn good from brushing/massaging since i started, one thing i have noticed is I'm getting a lot more small bumps/pimples? along where my "highschool hairline" use to be. Not sure what to make of it since i dont get them anywhere else and i brush my whole scalp. Maybe these hair follicles are starting to react to the brushing/blood flow and are creating more sebum now thus the small bumps/pimples? (if they are pimples they dont get the white head on them just feel like small bumps"

whatever the case i have noticed less hair fall in the shower and i also noticed since brushing that i have not had any inflammation in my scalp, you know that little itch you get sometimes? I don't seem to get that any more.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:57 pm

theseeker86 wrote:Well my hair overall feels pretty damn good from brushing/massaging since i started, one thing i have noticed is I'm getting a lot more small bumps/pimples? along where my "highschool hairline" use to be. Not sure what to make of it since i dont get them anywhere else and i brush my whole scalp. Maybe these hair follicles are starting to react to the brushing/blood flow and are creating more sebum now thus the small bumps/pimples? (if they are pimples they dont get the white head on them just feel like small bumps"

whatever the case i have noticed less hair fall in the shower and i also noticed since brushing that i have not had any inflammation in my scalp, you know that little itch you get sometimes? I don't seem to get that any more.

yeah my scalp feels pretty good too but ofc as I'm also back on Keto shampoo it can be hard to discern what's doing what exactly!!

I did used to have quite a few little pimply bumps on my scalp when I was doing vigorous scalp massages but they seem to have gone now. I get relatively little irritation but I do get a tiny bit of flaking and stuff, but I wasn't sure if that's the Keto so I have reduced the amount of time I leave it in my hair (from about 7-10 minutes to 3-4).

Right now I am only using keto, brushing and those massages that move the surface of your scalp (I figure they might help to loosen the galea area).

Fingers crossed things will start getting better now, I'm still sure I can feel hair stubble ^_^

EDIT -- And thanks ferox I got the brush today! I have been using it a lot on my hairline and galea area, basically, and saving my coarser brush mainly for the back and sides, so as to not wear out the brush you sent on my long hair. It seems ok so far, my scalp feels warm and red and is hurting veeery slightly from being brushed so much lol

Hopefully it's all up from here!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  duel_black Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:20 am

Hi all -

I just got a haircut. I thought I'd post an update. I feel it's important due to the fact that I am about seven months in and blown away. At this point I feel like the hair thing is no longer an issue. And I don't mean no longer an issue because I've stopped the loss. I mean no longer an issue because not only is it stopped, but I have regrowth, and I now believe that in at least the next year or two my hair will be back to that of a teenager - hopefully with a better haircut Smile I am 44.

I did make some cuts to my routine, as at this point I felt things were overkill: Here WAS my routine: (it doesn't show in my signature for some reason)

"1. Tom Hagerty Scalp Exercises (Intermittent and for the last three years. Probably not doing much by itself)
2. Quit Shampoo: I use 1/2 t-spoon of baking soda (aluminum free) in one cup of warm water 2x per week. Works great for cleaning. Probably does nothing for regrowth alone.
3. Supplements: MK 7, D3, Kelp, and Vitamin C (Daily). Red wine (2x per week)
4. Maliniak Method (Daily)
5. Papilla Method (Daily)
6. Yoga headstand pose -Salamba Sirsasana (4 mornings per week for at least one to two minutes)"

Out of the above I cut the following:

3. I've slowed down on the supplements. Right now I am just taking MK 7, Kelp, and Wine
4. Maliniak Violet Ray. Good method. But I no longer feel this is necessary. I maybe do it once or twice a week for fun. I still do the massage a couple times a week.
6. The headstand. Margo mentioned this is actually not good in her book. Makes sense. Handstands might be good. But maybe not headstands. In either case. That is gone for now.

For now for the most part my routine is:

Margo Method Daily
-Brush/Wood bristle
-Claw brush with my fingernails
-Maliniak Massage a couple times per week
-Bernar McFadden hair pull (found in this thread. I posted a link to the book)
-Some of the IH 6 when I remember

I took before pictures in Jan 2011. In those pics I combed my hair in such a way that would really accentuate the loss. When I do finally post my after pics. Perhaps by the end of this year, I will comb my hair the same way.

I felt this update was important, as everything I am doing is free.

One funny side effect over the last few months - perhaps to do with cycles - was that my very front hairline looked super thick, but barely grew. Everything else grew like weeds but that section basically stayed the same.

Cheers everyone.
Keep margoing it up.

duel_black

Back to top Go down

Post  duel_black Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:34 am

hoppipolla wrote:So ferox (and others with success brushing), do you always brush until all of that area is red?

Yes. I make my scalp totally pink when I brush, and all other things in this thread. I like to make a claw with my hands and with my fingernails brush my scalp from front to back in the shower, one hundred reps. That makes it really pink. Then I stick my head under the water and it burns for a sec. Good times Smile

When I first started I drew blood a couple times.

It's an unintuitive method. I was told not to brush, scrub, rub, pull etc my hair... when growing up. Turns out that was a bunch of BS. At least for me.

duel_black

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:58 am

Duel_ black: how bad was/ is your hairloss?
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  duel_black Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:39 am

SlowMoe wrote:Duel_ black: how bad was/ is your hairloss?

The loss was bad enough for me to start researching natural solutions heavily in 2008. I don't know the exact norwood. With a buzz cut I basically had the island look: The front section of my hair was a complete separate island from the rest of the top. I have thick hair so it is easier to hide with longer hair. However, a couple years ago I had a couple women make comments about it, when they were mad at me Smile…It was becoming noticable to others for sure. Likewise the island is refilling back up, without question for sure. Not because I am covering it. But because of regrowth.

duel_black

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:04 am

duel_black wrote:
SlowMoe wrote:Duel_ black: how bad was/ is your hairloss?

The loss was bad enough for me to start researching natural solutions heavily in 2008. I don't know the exact norwood. With a buzz cut I basically had the island look: The front section of my hair was a complete separate island from the rest of the top. I have thick hair so it is easier to hide with longer hair. However, a couple years ago I had a couple women make comments about it, when they were mad at me Smile…It was becoming noticable to others for sure. Likewise the island is refilling back up, without question for sure. Not because I am covering it. But because of regrowth.

Hoppi likes this! ^_^

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 13 Like-s

Hope it keeps getting better man!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:34 pm

So massages are needed? or just brush?

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:53 pm

young trunks wrote:So massages are needed? or just brush?

A good brush is probably enough. I think most people including myself just do more to enhance it Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:11 am

ive been doing the papilla method for almost 3 months now, some of my hair is growing in different length now just like what papilla said. I'm shedding more hair now, its mostly the shorter hair that is shedding. I also went from a 1.5 mpb to a 2 easily, luckily people can't even tell I'm losing hair because of the way I style my hair after the papilla method.

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Oo I'm pretty sure I have a "fuzz" of new hair in front of my old hairline! The previously hairless bits are fuzzy I think O.O

I'll keep brushing and massaging! ^^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:31 pm

For those that are massaging their scalp, do you do it straight after brushing?

I noticed that since massaging straight after brushing my scalp feels a lot better.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:37 am

theseeker86 wrote:For those that are massaging their scalp, do you do it straight after brushing?

I noticed that since massaging straight after brushing my scalp feels a lot better.

I actually do it before brushing... but... I don't really act as if there is a huge connection between the two, as I massage to loosen my scalp and I brush to increase bloodflow, so I perceive them as being relatively unrelated. However you may be right, I dunno Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:09 pm

hoppipolla wrote:
theseeker86 wrote:For those that are massaging their scalp, do you do it straight after brushing?

I actually do it before brushing... but... I don't really act as if there is a huge connection between the two, as I massage to loosen my scalp and I brush to increase bloodflow, so I perceive them as being relatively unrelated. However you may be right, I dunno Smile

any videos on what/how to do massages? Could you tell me how you do it?

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next