Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 16 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 16 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 16 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 16 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 16 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 16 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 16 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

+88
symbiotic
ngb
sizzlinghairs
Alan
marku
dudebro
Amaranthaceae
Longshanks
Duketronix
GreatDiscovery
hairisthickening
drex1999
Horatius
schpiloch123
zn
Hair101
Regrowth
LawOfThelema
Fibonacci
playmaker
hairloss hippie
mistyisland
Hali-L
isis
ghai018
Zaphod
FATE
young trunks
Lurx
Delphine
Aum
gg4545
crysanthium
elan164
virtua_
Thin in FL
ocelot911
longhairedredhead
JZ
shaggydog
taidan
zeroes
hammer2012
huli
angstman
theseeker86
Crusher
Balthier
Mawson06
j87x
imprisoned-radical
Paradox
duel_black
bobbers2011
zanza
jkj86
masterfree
dadon
whodathunkit
Yanks
gbp2000
ferox
tcpratt
AS54
Hoppipolla
sanderson
MilBA
RPM
bov51
jlj
Zeke
tooyoung
angusmojo
MikeGore
wildman
SlowMoe
calvicie
gutted
dreft
Gibson
Columbo
9rugrats5
EazyGo
CausticSymmetry
GoodThings
tudor
hellwig
NeonMonk
92 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 16 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  hairloss hippie Thu May 03, 2012 4:13 pm

First post! I've been stalking these threads for a bit now...

Has anyone tried a shampoo brush? I'm not allowed to post external links as a new member, but search "Shampoo brush" on Amazon.com and you'll see what I'm talking about.

There's a variety of different types, but it seems like it'd accomplish the same task pretty well. What do you al think?

hairloss hippie

Back to top Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 16 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  playmaker Thu May 03, 2012 9:03 pm

Found this brush in the uk for anyone looking for the "100% Boar Bristle Premium first cut" but it seems to mention nylons tips etc

http://www.hairthinking.co.uk/cushion-boar.html

playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri May 04, 2012 12:28 am

playmaker wrote:Found this brush in the uk for anyone looking for the "100% Boar Bristle Premium first cut" but it seems to mention nylons tips etc

I just grabbed a cheapy one off ebay.co.uk lol Smile

But erm, I'm sure there are lots of good ones out there ^^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  playmaker Fri May 04, 2012 8:55 am

hoppipolla wrote:
playmaker wrote:Found this brush in the uk for anyone looking for the "100% Boar Bristle Premium first cut" but it seems to mention nylons tips etc

I just grabbed a cheapy one off ebay.co.uk lol Smile

But erm, I'm sure there are lots of good ones out there ^^

I went for the one above...you know I haven't regularly brushed my hair since I was 17 and shortly after is when the quality of it started getting bad, I'm now 28...coincidence? But thats also when I stopped styling my hair and using waxes, gels etc...

I have a good feeling this will help get rid of that white gunk and all the flakes that sometimes feel encrusted on my scalp...

Also ordered "eucaderm scalp stimulator"...I've always liked hot showers and washed with hot water but recently tried some of this stuff with cold water rinses after a shower and it leaves my scalp feeling great and pain free for almost a whole day....its suppose to help blood flow to the scalp and cause vasodilation of the capilaries.

playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Fri May 04, 2012 10:51 am

I finally know why part of my hair are diff length now. Whoever is doing the margo towel method should cut their hair real short or you're going to end up creating nod on your hair which cause breakage....I'm gong to have to buzz my hair now....

Brushing is the way to go, unless you have really short hair

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  shaggydog Fri May 04, 2012 11:55 am

Personally the biggest difference between brushing and toweling is that it is impossible for me to get that tingly sensation by brushing no matter how hard or soft I brush. After using a towel however, I feel an overwhelming sensation after a few minutes. If I shake my head back and forth or side to side after, the tingling further intensifies! (I hope this is good). I shaved my head to the skin almost two months ago after trying out a hairpiece for a month..I don't have to tell you how that went. Now that is it growing to a decent length and I have been brushing along side, its coming in quite patchy and at different lengths all over. I believe that the hair growing in now is what was produced prior to brushing and now the new stimulated follicles that have barely emerged are giving the illusion of disproportionate hair growth. Just my theory, but my hairloss certainly isn't any worse than before and, to the touch, feels like the quality is improving

shaggydog

Back to top Go down

Post  Fibonacci Fri May 04, 2012 10:10 pm

I have been using this method for two months now and I think its worth giving some feedback.
I am a diffuse thinner, and as such I have been able to get away with using Hair Tek fibers( which are amazing).

In fact, until recently( i.e after starting this method) nobody I know realised I have a hair problem.

I have been on this forum for years and on IH supplements for as long.
I have often wondered if skull shape, blood flow etc had something to do with hair loss, so when this subject came up on here I was intrigued and decided to give it a go.

I need to warn anyone with any length of hair ( i.e you have NOT got it very short to the skin) that the thinning is huge initially and makes longer hair( 2 or more inches) look terrible. I believe I have lost at least half the hair I had, and now, even with Hair Tek fibers, I am struggling to look good. I have stopped going out on social events...thats how bad it is. I cant 'buzz' cut because nobdy I know thinks I have any hair loss problem, so the shock effect would be enormous.

However, I am going to persevere. I havent had my hair cut for a long time and the hairs I do have on the top of my head are all short, so they are newly grown hairs.
Of course, they may just be replacing what I have shed, so I have no idea if my hair loss will be halted or reversed yet. In fact, I believe it will take two years before I know for sure.

Thats too long for most people, so I expect to read a lot of posts saying it doesnt work.....
It may not work....but I am not going to come to a conclusion for at least another year. I do hope to hear some encouraging stories from others as time passes by.

I saw a post by someone called Xenon yesterday that talked about how producing heat on the scalp is detrimental to hair and actually increases hair loss....his rationale seemed quite plausible, but I cannot find it now....was it pulled? Did anybody else see it?

I have to admit to being quite traunatised by this. I have persevered with other protocols and supplements before, but nothing has had such a negative and dramatic effect on how I look than this.

Finally, I also employ the Maliniak method and have to say that if you buy one of the recommended violet wands ( which look very old fashioned...they are cheaper if you dont buy them off Maliniak by the way) then the tingle you get in the scalp is greater than any rubbing or brushing you can do....and it lasts for hours.

If I do lose faith in the PP method, then I suspect I will revert to Maliniak only, as I do strongly believe in the blood flow theory. My skull is a stange shape. Almost box like with ridges at the sides near the top. I am convinved this makes it much harder for blood to get to the top of the scalp and also increases tension on the muscles at the side and back of the head. I also notice that my diffuse thinning is thinner where the scalp is thinner. The thicker hair parts are all where I have more ''skin'', and therfore more blood.

So my intention is to use both methods ( and an inversion table and brushing) to maximise my chances. It takes me 30 minutes per day in total, which is nothing, so I will carry on and keep everybody posted on a monthly basis.

I just hope I have the courage to stick with the PP method. If the thinning gets any worse I dont think I could handle it. However, if the thinning has reached its maximum then I'll keep going.

Good luck to everybody using this( or the other) methods. In 10+ years of following this and other forums I think this is the most promising solution, as long as it is combined with good diet, excercise and supplementation.

Cheers
Fib

Fibonacci

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri May 04, 2012 11:43 pm

Fibonacci wrote:I have stopped going out on social events...thats how bad it is.

You don't need to stop going out because you are balding, if worst comes to the worst and you become bald, just start smashing the weights. Guys with loads of muscle and a bald head can look great, think of people like Jason Statham, Vin Diesel etc Although they are very rich and famous, just don't care what other people think.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Sat May 05, 2012 3:55 am

Fib, when your doing the pp method make sure you are focusing the scalp not the hair . I thought I was on my shedding phrase because I was losing a crap load of hair when I hit the 3 months mark but the truth was the shedding was cause by my hair breaking apart. My hairs are about 4-5 inches long give or take, every time I would do the method my hair would end up looking all frizzy and it created a lot of volume which made my hair look really good. The bad thing was it created lil nod on my hairs which then break apart every time I did the method, that's why I was shedding hair that are only half an inch long. My hair end up looking like crap, part of my hair would be diff length than the rest, so I end up buzzing it with a 3 guard. I don't even shed any hair now when I do the pp method or w/e....

ps.Who ever is doing the pp or margo method, check your hair to see if you have any nods on your hair, it will cause breakage..

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Sat May 05, 2012 12:01 pm

Hey Fib,

My story pretty much mirrors yours (less the hair tek fibers). I've been doing the brushing/towelling for 6 weeks and lost a ton of hair. Until now nobody could tell I had a hair loss problem and now I think it is pretty apparent to everyone.

I can see hair coming in with my digital microscope, but it is all really fine, wispy stuff. I assume it is replacing hair lost before I started this method and don't know if it will ever achieve any cosmetic usefulness. I continue to shed fine, miniaturized hair so it looks like it is going to get worse before it gets better (if it gets better). All I can do is stick with this method and hope for the best. The worst possible thing to do would be to quit now. My scalp has improved in looseness in the balding area so that is something positive. Hopefully if the tight galea/blood flow theory has any merit I should see some improvement at some point.

Like you I am not thrilled with the idea of revealing a new look in public but I figure I just have to man up and deal with it. I am going to be on National TV for a week in August. Bald isn't the look I was planning on going for. Like I said. I figure I just have to man up and deal with it and not give a shit what others think. Things certainly could be worse.

Hoping the best for you and everyone else experimenting with these manual methods.

huli

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Sat May 05, 2012 3:14 pm

So far I haven't noticed any dramatic increase in thinning since starting the method but i think that's because the only area I'm really thinning in is my hair line so my overall density isn't effected when i do shed.

I am planing to shave my head though so the brushing is more effective, having quite long hair makes it difficult sometimes to brush the scalp.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Sat May 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Has anyone experienced any nose bleeding? My nose has started bleeding everyday randomly. Started about two weeks ago, right around the time i started brushing/massaging/rubbing. Im wondering if im loosening up some something or maybe creating more blood pressure? It's really the only thing that i can think of that coincides with the nose bleeds. My average systolic pressure is on the high side 145/75 pulse 70.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks Sat May 05, 2012 6:50 pm

boogv510 wrote:Fib, when your doing the pp method make sure you are focusing the scalp not the hair . I thought I was on my shedding phrase because I was losing a crap load of hair when I hit the 3 months mark but the truth was the shedding was cause by my hair breaking apart. My hairs are about 4-5 inches long give or take, every time I would do the method my hair would end up looking all frizzy and it created a lot of volume which made my hair look really good. The bad thing was it created lil nod on my hairs which then break apart every time I did the method, that's why I was shedding hair that are only half an inch long. My hair end up looking like crap, part of my hair would be diff length than the rest, so I end up buzzing it with a 3 guard. I don't even shed any hair now when I do the pp method or w/e....

ps.Who ever is doing the pp or margo method, check your hair to see if you have any nods on your hair, it will cause breakage..

Nods? Would I apply oil before/after brushing? My shed is even worse since starting method. This is from a guy who had success on yahoo... thats why I mention oil.

TREATMENT: Massage any pure, natural oil into scalp, Extra virgin olive, coconut and grape seed work well. Then brush vigorously preferably using a palm held brush with short natural boar bristles.(Quite stiff bristles are best). You can see them on Amazon - they are known as military brushes.
Brush strongly so you feel it stimulating/irritating scalp. But do not overdo it. Do 90 /110 strokes each day and focus on where loss is. You may be apprehensive about irritating scalp - believe me I was too but this is what will force new growth as it unplugs the blocked hair ducts that result in loss - they are experienced as the painful small itching spots.
As you brush some shedding and breakage may occur at first but will quickly stop as brushing makes hair better anchored and stronger. New hairs will appear and will be weak looking and sparse. Keep up the brushing and do not be concerned if brushing uproots them, as they will RE-APPEAR EVEN STRONGER and will not be uprooted.
I found it best at the beginning to apply the oil at night, do the brushing and sleep with it that way and wash off in the morning.

My hair has completely regrown on crown. Where receded at front regrowth was slower at first then each month it became denser.and has also completely regrown.
I only wash hair with totally safe pure soap or shampoo with no toxins - no toxic coloring, no toxic fragrances, no toxic preservatives, no harmful additives of any kind. You can also find them in GNC, Trader Joes, some Walmart Stores, Cost Plus, Wegmans, Earth Fare, and some natural & health foods stores.

P.S. My near bald brother is now using the treatment after seeing my great success. We had not seen each other for 15 years and he and my other totally bald brother and totally bald 18 year old nephew were all amazed to see me with all my hair. Again it clearly shows that genetics has nothing to do with hair loss.

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 05, 2012 9:12 pm

elan164 wrote:Has anyone experienced any nose bleeding? My nose has started bleeding everyday randomly. Started about two weeks ago, right around the time i started brushing/massaging/rubbing. Im wondering if im loosening up some something or maybe creating more blood pressure? It's really the only thing that i can think of that coincides with the nose bleeds. My average systolic pressure is on the high side 145/75 pulse 70.

that's strange. For almost two weeks now that i start brushing, i've noticed that when i wake up in the morning, my face is very puffy.... and my gums starting to bleed when i brushing them...
Maybe the gums are just a coincidence...but the puffy face too???
Time will tell....

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sat May 05, 2012 11:48 pm

Steve_Gr wrote:
that's strange. For almost two weeks now that i start brushing, i've noticed that when i wake up in the morning, my face is very puffy.... and my gums starting to bleed when i brushing them...
Maybe the gums are just a coincidence...but the puffy face too???
Time will tell....

i noticed also that at the beginning. Not for gums, but for puffyness of my face. I think it's good indicator, although your gums should not bleed. Do anything you can to prevent it...

xylitol + salt +bicarbonate will help you there as well as oil pulling.

this debate will give some explanations and answers...

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 06, 2012 12:14 am

beerbox,
thanks for the gums advice. I'll try it.
About the puffy face, you mention that you have the same thing too at the beginnig?
How about now? Is it better? How long did it last? and what makes you think that maybe it's a good sign?

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE Mon May 07, 2012 8:01 am

I can defiantly say buzzing your hair to grade 1 adds some much difference for the towelling method, now I feel blood running all over my scalp, before I had 1.5inch long hair and yes it shed a lot, so much that it looked like I had buzzed all around my front island and left it a grade 1 (that is the re-growth tho!) Massaging is a lot easier now too, the boar brush feel like it has more productivity as well...

I feel a lot better about the loss now I have buzzed it short, it looks better in my opinion...
FATE
FATE

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Mon May 07, 2012 5:05 pm

FATE? wrote:I can defiantly say buzzing your hair to grade 1 adds some much difference for the towelling method, now I feel blood running all over my scalp, before I had 1.5inch long hair and yes it shed a lot, so much that it looked like I had buzzed all around my front island and left it a grade 1 (that is the re-growth tho!) Massaging is a lot easier now too, the boar brush feel like it has more productivity as well...

I feel a lot better about the loss now I have buzzed it short, it looks better in my opinion...

True that! I did the samething, its so much easier. I don't lose any hair at all when I do the towel method now.

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Mon May 07, 2012 6:35 pm

I haven't been doing the towl method as described, but I find when adding vigorous massage (I also shave with 0 guard) with a towl, it allows your hands to grip a much larger area of your scalp to massage.

I have also noticed that certain times of the day, the top of my head will be cold, so I will feel my head throughout the day and massage at that time.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon May 07, 2012 10:03 pm

I still think I have a nice "fuzz" of new hair coming through at my hairline by brushing and massaging twice a day, plus my antifungals (I used ACV the night before last which was new).

But yeah erm, my scalp is pretty sore, but I do think I'm getting regrowth. No massive decrease in shedding but then it's SO hard to tell when you're doing all this, so maybe it has decreased I have no idea.

Hopefully the fuzz will continue to increase Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Mon May 07, 2012 10:25 pm

hoppipolla wrote:I still think I have a nice "fuzz" of new hair coming through at my hairline by brushing and massaging twice a day, plus my antifungals (I used ACV the night before last which was new).

But yeah erm, my scalp is pretty sore, but I do think I'm getting regrowth. No massive decrease in shedding but then it's SO hard to tell when you're doing all this, so maybe it has decreased I have no idea.

Any pictures hoppi?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon May 07, 2012 11:34 pm

tooyoung wrote:
hoppipolla wrote:I still think I have a nice "fuzz" of new hair coming through at my hairline by brushing and massaging twice a day, plus my antifungals (I used ACV the night before last which was new).

Any pictures hoppi?

Nah it's too minimal for that. To be honest, I'm trying to take the advice of a guy on HLT who used only daily Nizoral for like 8 months or something (and got complete regrowth I believe over his thinning areas). He was saying it's really best not to spend TOO long judging every tiny hair and bit of growth or whatever. If you have faith in a regimen (as I do with my current approach - not 100% certainty, but a lot of confidence) then it's best to just stick with it religiously and check less often Smile

There is so much time that can be wasted parting your hair in front of a mirror analysing every last square millimetre of your scalp! hehe Smile

However, on another note I have been getting a fair amount of purely accidental wounding. I'm guessing that I have slowly brushed away all of the old, dead layers of skin and so am now regularly breaking through the newer skin underneath. I have to be careful sometimes or it really hurts. I have no large cuts, sometimes "grazes" (but that don't bleed as such, just go blood red - they're only small). It all flushes fairly red though, so I think I'm doing alright in terms of balance although I might often brush for too long...
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 07, 2012 11:43 pm

hoppipolla,
what kind of massage do you make?

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue May 08, 2012 6:08 am

Steve_Gr wrote:hoppipolla,
what kind of massage do you make?

I got the idea from Oleda Baker. You basically place your fingers down over an area of scalp really firmly (spaced out is probs better but I don't think it matters, it's just quicker if they're more spaced out) and then move them firmly in circles or back and forth, simply to loosen the scalp and particularly in my/our case I think the galea. So I just try to cover every section of scalp like that, and I do each area for about 15 seconds just to be safe.

I think it does help to loosen my scalp Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE Tue May 08, 2012 9:21 am

hoppipolla wrote:There is so much time that can be wasted parting your hair in front of a mirror analysing every last square millimetre of your scalp! hehe Smile

Very true haha, try getting a 30x magnifying lens and see how much longer you spend analyzing your hair then... Laughing
I had to set a rule of only analyzing once a week, makes me feel better too!
FATE
FATE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next