Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 11 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 11 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 11 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 11 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 11 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 2:57 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

+88
symbiotic
ngb
sizzlinghairs
Alan
marku
dudebro
Amaranthaceae
Longshanks
Duketronix
GreatDiscovery
hairisthickening
drex1999
Horatius
schpiloch123
zn
Hair101
Regrowth
LawOfThelema
Fibonacci
playmaker
hairloss hippie
mistyisland
Hali-L
isis
ghai018
Zaphod
FATE
young trunks
Lurx
Delphine
Aum
gg4545
crysanthium
elan164
virtua_
Thin in FL
ocelot911
longhairedredhead
JZ
shaggydog
taidan
zeroes
hammer2012
huli
angstman
theseeker86
Crusher
Balthier
Mawson06
j87x
imprisoned-radical
Paradox
duel_black
bobbers2011
zanza
jkj86
masterfree
dadon
whodathunkit
Yanks
gbp2000
ferox
tcpratt
AS54
Hoppipolla
sanderson
MilBA
RPM
bov51
jlj
Zeke
tooyoung
angusmojo
MikeGore
wildman
SlowMoe
calvicie
gutted
dreft
Gibson
Columbo
9rugrats5
EazyGo
CausticSymmetry
GoodThings
tudor
hellwig
NeonMonk
92 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 11 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  hellwig Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:58 pm

Where I grazed my skin has remained red so it is working for promoting blood to the area at least

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 11 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:33 am

hellwig wrote:Where I grazed my skin has remained red so it is working for promoting blood to the area at least

Yeah but... it's a bit scary haha

I'll stick with brushing!! I'm not one for self harm!! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:37 am

I notced that after I do the towel exercise, my head feels invigorated and tingly all over. When I run my hand across my head immediately after toweling, my scalp turns white from the pressure in the localized spot where my fingers are then, immediately after, my scalp returns to a red color accompanied my a warm tingly rus feeling which I assume is the blood rushing back into the scalp.
If my assumption is correct, the act of massage does, in fact, cause a state of scarce blood (hypoxia?) in the scalp, immediately followed by a rush of blood back into the area that had just been towelled, hence the tingle felt afterwards; the blood rushing into the area.

My question is, is it the friction causing the rush of blood into the scalp, the pressure being applied forcing the blood out or what. When I push on the top of my head for 3 minutes or so then let go, I don't notice a rush, like if I towel, or release a torniquate (sp?) from around my arm.

I guess my goal here us to find out what the process is that actually causes the hair to grow again, then improve upon it.

My guess is that toweling pushes the blood away from the scalp, while causing a demand for the blood via friction, by causing the capillaries to open up wider to allow blood to flow in easier. Then, when toweling is complete, the blood just rushes into the wide open capillaries, giving you the rush.

If this us accurate, then maybe the process can be improved upon by somehow applying 4 or 5 subsequent session, after the rush goes away. Or maybe by extending the hupoxic condition further, then introducing a stronger rush of blood ( inversion).

This is where a scientific study would be very beneficial; finding the optimal hypoxic time frame vs. Recovery time, and if repeat sessions in one day would be beneficial.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Thin in FL Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:17 am

Yea I didn't mean to advocate primal and brutal methods (sandpaper and bruising) its just the physiological responses to such events that interests me. When a cell signals that it has been damaged, regeneration often occurs (in the form of increased blood flow, capillary development, reduction in fibrosis, etc...) I by no mean know, just conjectures. And what really interests me, is how, if at all, a dormant hair follicle would respond to such an event.

SlowMoe: You raise good questions. Is what really working here the fact that more blood is being re-introduced, or is it somehow the towel/brushing/friction method that is actually doing more for hair growth than the actuall increased blood flow...

Forgive me as I don't have the article, but I read where in the early 1900's a grad student did autopsies on human skulls, and documented that individuals who had good crops of hair had pronounced and healthy capillary networks on the top of their head, where their bald counterparts had very little, if any, blood flow networks on the top of their scalp. This is one of the first articles that got me more focused on the blood flow issue to the follicles.

---
One could make the arguement that in balding individuals it is some sort of cruel combination: that while we also lack good blood flow to the follicles, our follicles are also grabbing dht like mad, thus not only are the follicles starving themseleves, they are shutting down because they are getting suffocated by the dht.
Solution: lowering dht levels and increasing bloodflow... perhaps both have to be addressed for success

Thin in FL

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:15 am

ah ferox, I may end up also taking you up on that offer to ship the brush over, as if the company won't let me pay by Paypal I get hit by an £8 charge (maybe more) just to organize the international transfer. So... hopefully they'll accept Paypal... I'm not really too keen on paying about €10.30 for the brush, €4.50 for the shipping and then another €10 for the international transfer!! lol Smile

If they won't then I'd really appreciate you sending it over man Smile I'll keep you posted ok? ^^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:27 am

hoppipolla wrote:ah ferox, I may end up also taking you up on that offer to ship the brush over, as if the company won't let me pay by Paypal I get hit by an £8 charge (maybe more) just to organize the international transfer. So... hopefully they'll accept Paypal... I'm not really too keen on paying about €10.30 for the brush, €4.50 for the shipping and then another €10 for the international transfer!! lol Smile

If they won't then I'd really appreciate you sending it over man Smile I'll keep you posted ok? ^^

okay, just write me a PM.

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:17 am

It looks like the best way to brush is first front to back, then back to front, based on what I read here:

http://www.segalshaircare.com/scalp-stimulation.php
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:16 am

ferox wrote:
hoppipolla wrote:ah ferox, I may end up also taking you up on that offer to ship the brush over, as if the company won't let me pay by Paypal I get hit by an £8 charge (maybe more) just to organize the international transfer. So... hopefully they'll accept Paypal... I'm not really too keen on paying about €10.30 for the brush, €4.50 for the shipping and then another €10 for the international transfer!! lol Smile

okay, just write me a PM.

Thanks dude Smile

Also, could you give a bit more info on your brushing method? Do you just keep going until the scalp is visibly pink? I never tend to look in the mirror when massaging/scratching so I don't know how pink my scalp gets... I don't think it does at all tbh, but it does definitely increase bloodflow at least a bit...
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroes Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:06 am

Are you having success hoppipolla? If so what norwood level are you?

zeroes

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:49 am

zeroes wrote:Are you having success hoppipolla? If so what norwood level are you?

Well... I'm edging closer, that I'm very confident about.

Now the dandruff is out of the way and the itching and stuff, I'll boost bloodflow, and then once my hair is ok, I'll focus 100% on my internal health until I can drop all topical approaches.

I'm a diffuse thinner, but I am maybe a NW... I dunno, like 1? lol

It's definitely edging backwards, but I should be able to completely regrow as long as all this works!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:48 pm

hoppi, the dandruff and itching are out of the way only since starting brushing? that;s a pretty big accomplishment if so!
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroes Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:13 pm

This isn't feeling me with a lot of confidence with only nw1 doing this.

zeroes

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Yanks wrote:hoppi, the dandruff and itching are out of the way only since starting brushing? that;s a pretty big accomplishment if so!

Nah it probably wasn't that it was probably the ketoconazole. However brushing does seem to stop dandruff and stuff maybe because infection has trouble growing with such strong blood circulation through the area Smile

I've heard multiple cases of manual methods stopping dandruff Shocked
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:11 pm

A single terminal hair is already growing through the scared skin that I made bleed yesterday, way below my hairline! This is some freaky stuff we're onto here!

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:20 am

So... what do we reckon about nicotinic acid (flush niacin)?

It seems to be very powerful at increasing bloodflow as it makes the whole area where it's applied (or the whole BODY if it's taken internally) flush red. This effect can last up to an hour I believe.

Look at this guy:

I also saw this thread:

http://www.heralopecia.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5214

I know that brushing is good and I think we are getting very good with manual methods, it's just nicotinic acid seems so powerful I thought it might be worth bringing up. Of course, it won't wound the skin in any way AFAIK, so I guess it brings up the question of whether most of the success is attained through wounding or through blood flow (my main guess would be blood flow promoting angiogenesis, however).

I might grab some capsules in town and pour it into my shampoo to see if it has any effect on my skin or scalp when applied Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:52 am

Why not just apply it to a small area with no hairs? That way it's clear to see regrowth and avoids the negative consequence if it might actually be detrimental to hair.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:15 am

hellwig wrote:A single terminal hair is already growing through the scared skin that I made bleed yesterday, way below my hairline! This is some freaky stuff we're onto here!

Same here! This is really crazy! Maybe it is not a cure for hairloss but I think it is BY FAR the most effective way to reverse MPB and grow new hair!

I wish you all a happy regrowth Smile

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:22 am

My hair is thinner than ever due to the shedding it seems to have caused but I have new hairs growing all over between my normal hair as well as in previously hairless spots. Each day my hair gets less dense yet I see more new hairs springing up. Very strange, but exciting! It's like for every hair I lose a new one grows immediately.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:44 am

Hellwig and ferox,
How long have you guys been brushing/ massaging?
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:23 am

@Hellwig: Don't worry, the shed is a good sign! Look closer to your "new" hair, they are more thick and strong than the ones which you lost d ue the shed Smile

@Slowmoe: I started brushing at 31.03.2012

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:33 am

yeah I growing really thing up front been doing towel method along with couple minutes of brushing every day. I'm like a norwood 1, or 2 hopefully they grow back or this method really isn't worth it.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:19 am

I mashed up a b3 capsule and mixed it with a moisturiser then dabbed it below my hairline. I feel it burning and it is causing redness.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:24 am

ferox wrote:@Hellwig: Don't worry, the shed is a good sign! Look closer to your "new" hair, they are more thick and strong than the ones which you lost d ue the shed Smile

@Slowmoe: I started brushing at 31.03.2012

I have looked closely and they are actually thinner and weaker looking. I'm not so bothered because the longer they grow the thicker they get, plus the regrowth in bald areas is obviously good.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:26 am

SlowMoe wrote:Hellwig and ferox,
How long have you guys been brushing/ massaging?

2 weeks

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:43 am

Balthier - 2 minutes a day is very short!! I massage for like an hour a day haha, but then I probably suck at it!

hellwig - Are you sure you didn't use a bit too much nicotinic acid? (I would refer to it as "niacin", but that also covers niacinamide, which doesn't have the flush effect I have learned)

I don't think it should particularly aggravate the skin, although even if it does whether or not that is desirable is up for debate.

I forgot to get capsules today, but I will asap!

EDIT -- Whoa just found a good little trick to get your head to go warm and flush pretty quickly!

Copy the first stage here (rotating fingers over an area so the scalp moves) - http://www.bocaratontribune.com/oleda-talks-2 - but go pretty quickly and count the rotations up to like 35 or 40! When I do that my scalp goes SO warm so fast! I often actually use my whole hand to so I can rotate larger areas of scalp!

But yeah, just happy as I've finally found a quick way to make my scalp warm! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next