Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 4 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 4 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 4 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 4 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 4 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 4 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 4 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Densiti and modern equol solutions

+27
big mike
crysanthium
lostwind
tooyoung
Nubenap
hadrion
brandnew
IntoTheWest
playmaker
LA-Night
sdguy
redhead
DBAL
keen1991
ericmurphy
iluvhair
tao81
Odysseus
baller234
gutted
CausticSymmetry
NrwgnKID
xyion1
Swimmy
albe
magic_gro
Hoppipolla
31 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 4 Empty Re: Densiti and modern equol solutions

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:06 pm

ah, question, I take it a powdered soy milk is ok as well? I wouldn't dream of doing this with something with probiotics, but I would imagine the daidzein is unaffected by the drying process?

I ask this because it might be a bit like, odd if I'm out with people but KEEP buying soy milk lol

If I do it this way I can just have the powder, and make it up as I go in my own time.

Stuff like this: http://www.fourbody.com.au/bonvit-certified-organic-instant-soy-milk.html

Peaz! ^_^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 4 Empty Re: Densiti and modern equol solutions

Post  baller234 Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:41 am

Just eat fermented soy such as misso, tempeh, and natto. Soy milk is not that widely consumed in Asia and yet Asia is where the majority of equol producers are located. Also, adding sea weed to your diet will also help to facilitate equol produciton

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:55 am

baller234 wrote:Just eat fermented soy such as misso, tempeh, and natto. Soy milk is not that widely consumed in Asia and yet Asia is where the majority of equol producers are located. Also, adding sea weed to your diet will also help to facilitate equol produciton

you're right, but surely the question is will it produce ENOUGH equol?
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:49 am

There are far more isoflavones in a cup of miso soup than there are in a glass of soy milk.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:21 am

Really? ... wow.

I'd love to hear what Eric has to say about this, as he was doubtful before about fermented soy. I very much hope the answer is yes!

Also, I am ok with the idea of STARTING with unfermented, waiting for it to be effective, and then switching to fermented later and making sure it still works.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  ericmurphy Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:43 pm

It's late but I want to take a few minutes to respond in brief about fermented soy (such as miso soup).

The Densiti regimen is targeted towards someone on a healthy Western-style diet and shops at your typical Western grocery stores. We are pushing soymilk for the regimen for these reasons:

1) Readily available and inexpensive
2) Easy to consume (drink or mix in with other foods)
3) Consistent amount of the daidzein isoflavone

Fermented and cooked soy products can vary greatly with daidzein counts. You can never know how much you are actually getting. Therefore, as part of a regimen, we cannot recommend fermented or cooked soy foods. They can, however, be consumed in addition to the soymilk.

I would be interested to hear from someone whom has had success with the Densiti regimen on soymilk, and tries to move to only fermented soy foods instead. However, it's unlikely that we will be changing our recommendations for the regimen anytime soon.

Personally, I am not a believer that unfermented soy is unhealthy. I have been on a strict intake of soymilk for 4 years, and have not had health problems because of it. Just like most anything, consume in moderation, and we are not pushing an extreme amount of soy intake with the Densiti regimen. Soy is unfamiliar to many people, especially in Western cultures, so it's understandable that there are misconceptions about it.

Believe what you wish about soy, but our recommendation on soymilk and unfermented soy cannot change unless there is hard proof that it's dangerous or that we find a superior alternative to it. It would be nice if that alternative were in the form of a supplement, but we are not there yet...

Eric

ericmurphy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:23 am

Hey! I'm going to be supplementing with this soon.
http://www.iherb.com/Source-Naturals-Genistein-Soy-Complex-1000-mg-120-Tablets/1193?at=0

What are your thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:50 am

I don't think soy supplements absorb very well. If you're going to supplement, use one that has the precursors to the isoflavones as well as the isoflavones themselves such as this one http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Soy-Isoflavones-60-Capsules/4869?at=0. The Life extension one also contains fermented soy powder so this should also help with isoflavone absorbtion.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:55 am

In conjunction with soy milk I'll be taking this, with Densiti and Florajen probiotics.
I'm more or less just looking for the "two" of my "one, two" knockout punch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:04 am

baller234 wrote:I don't think soy supplements absorb very well. If you're going to supplement, use one that has the precursors to the isoflavones as well as the isoflavones themselves such as this one http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Soy-Isoflavones-60-Capsules/4869?at=0. The Life extension one also contains fermented soy powder so this should also help with isoflavone absorbtion.

ah there we go, I wondered why the supplements were advised against.

So, I take it simply taking daidzein would be ineffective? What about daidzein and it's precursors? Sorry, full of questions! But of course if we could determine that this worked... I believe that would be yet another considerable step in the right direction Smile

One more nail in Fin's coffin!! Very Happy
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:08 am

And Textured soy protein (or Textured vegetable protein) would be a good alternative ?

Back to top Go down

Post  DBAL Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:54 am

Eric,

A few questions...

1) What effect does densiti have on hormones? As a user for 4 years, have you had blood work to chart the changes? Is it safe for someone with low T and high E?

2)Would this be a good probiotic to use in conjunction with your product

Here

3) Fin users mention that it isn't very good for the temple regions. What is densiti's prowess here?

4) When is it available to buy again?!

DBAL

Back to top Go down

Post  ericmurphy Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:53 pm

DBAL,

Sorry I must be brief again with my answers.

1) Although we have had blood work done on equol, we have not had blood work done on testosterone or estrogen levels. Why? There has been no evidence of hormonal imbalances while taking the Densiti regimen. Being an equol producer is a natural process that is common in people from Southeast Asia, so we have not seen the need here to test for imbalances.

Some people assume that equol must cause the same hormonal effects as finsteride/durasteride, but that is simply not true.

2) While that looks like an interesting product, I cannot recommend it. So far we are having some initial positive results with Florajen and is the only probiotic supplement that I can suggest at this time as a possible replacement for yogurt with acidophilus. You are going to need a powerful acidophilus supplement, and Florajen far exceeds anything else that I have seen.

3) If you are looking for regrowth, that is not the goal of Densiti. We do recommend using Densiti in conjunction with minoxidil for regrowth on the crown. As you know, there so far has very little evidence of any product helping with regrowth on the front/temples, and that includes Densiti. The receding hairline is simply irreversible.

4) Densiti should be available for order again by the end of next week.

Thank you,
Eric

DBAL wrote:Eric,

A few questions...

1) What effect does densiti have on hormones? As a user for 4 years, have you had blood work to chart the changes? Is it safe for someone with low T and high E?

2)Would this be a good probiotic to use in conjunction with your product

Here

3) Fin users mention that it isn't very good for the temple regions. What is densiti's prowess here?

4) When is it available to buy again?!

ericmurphy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:48 am

It's proper tricky getting either the recommended yoghurt or Florajen in the UK.. especially as Florajen needs refridgeration so it would even be tricky to get it sent over!

I hope I discover something clever for that one o.O

Other lactobacillus acidophilus supplements exist of course, but getting 20 billion CFUs is the tricky part!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  ericmurphy Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:02 pm

A good thing about Florajen is that it can go for 3 months unrefrigerated and lose only 25% effectiveness. You may be able to order it online somewhere with shipping to UK.

We are looking at possibly selling Florjen along with Densiti (as an option). We would likely ship warm but store it refrigerated.

Eric

Hoppipolla wrote:It's proper tricky getting either the recommended yoghurt or Florajen in the UK.. especially as Florajen needs refridgeration so it would even be tricky to get it sent over!

I hope I discover something clever for that one o.O

Other lactobacillus acidophilus supplements exist of course, but getting 20 billion CFUs is the tricky part!

ericmurphy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:39 am

Wow nice work man thank you! I think selling Densiti with Florajen is a great idea Smile

You know, I officially started the Densiti regimen today! I thought even if the probiotic yogurts here aren't like amazing, I can start with them and then get Florajen or something asap! I'm feeling really good about it at the moment, and thought combined with my new approach of rebuilding my skin quality and collagen, this should FINALLY show my hair loss the door! Just in time for me planning to return to Uni! Hooray! ^_^

Oh, one small query though - I quite sloppily forgot about the ideal of keeping Densiti in a cool place (it's summer, and it's been in my room which can get quite warm) - do you think it is still ok? I don't really know much about the probiotic in there..

Right well, I'm off to look more into getting Florajen shipped over - I'm very glad I can use it!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:03 am

The Densiti website has been down for a few days. Maybe they're about to relaunch & sell their product again.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:09 am

LA-Night wrote:The Densiti website has been down for a few days. Maybe they're about to relaunch & sell their product again.

I feel that as well, the Densiti that I was sent was in a black and white label where as Eric sent me an email a while back with a new label, regarding updated information.

Back to top Go down

Post  ericmurphy Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:22 am

The Densiti.com website is again available and you can once again purchase Densiti. This is still the old website. We are still working the new website for the official launch.

Feel free to place an order and we will get it out to you.

Thank you,
Eric

LA-Night wrote:The Densiti website has been down for a few days. Maybe they're about to relaunch & sell their product again.

ericmurphy

Back to top Go down

Post  ericmurphy Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:33 am

Hoppi,

What have you found so far at the grocery stores in the UK for yogurts containing L. acidophilus? Can you list some brands? Is Yoplait yogurt available there? Let me know what is available and I can try to advise you.

Please also let me know if you can get the Florajen. Do not worry about having it packed in a cooler if the vendor is not able to do it. Eventually we will have some Florajen available, but it may not be for a few weeks.

We are finding that the Densiti capsules are fairly resistant to heat. You should be OK as long as the capsules are not melting or sticking together. The coagulans should also be fairly heat resistant because it's a spore-forming bacteria.

Eric

Hoppipolla wrote:Wow nice work man thank you! I think selling Densiti with Florajen is a great idea Smile

You know, I officially started the Densiti regimen today! I thought even if the probiotic yogurts here aren't like amazing, I can start with them and then get Florajen or something asap! I'm feeling really good about it at the moment, and thought combined with my new approach of rebuilding my skin quality and collagen, this should FINALLY show my hair loss the door! Just in time for me planning to return to Uni! Hooray! ^_^

Oh, one small query though - I quite sloppily forgot about the ideal of keeping Densiti in a cool place (it's summer, and it's been in my room which can get quite warm) - do you think it is still ok? I don't really know much about the probiotic in there..

Right well, I'm off to look more into getting Florajen shipped over - I'm very glad I can use it!

ericmurphy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:06 am

Cool Smile

Yeah they didn't get that hot - just the heat was building up in my room so I have moved them into a cupboard in the kitchen where it is much cooler.

As for yogurts, I keep going for fairly straightforward ones which have L.A. and also Bifido. I never like to spend too long reading the backs of yogurt pots in case I start getting weird looks lol

I found Rachel's ( http://www.rachelsorganic.co.uk/ ), Yeo Valley ( http://www.yeovalleyorganic.co.uk/products.php?group=6 ), Onken ( http://www.oetker.co.uk/oetker_uk/html/default/debi-7abkcp.en.html ) and the standard supermarket brands. Unfortunately I couldn't even see an indication of what strains were in those, and some do not list LA first.

And no we don't have the normal Yoplait over here - I even checked the official .co.uk Yoplait website and they only sell the standard kid's ranges and things like that.

So far I have been unable to find a stronger-looking L.A. yogurt, or even a supplement with over around 1 or 2 billion CFUs. That's why I was looking at Florajen again.

Thank you for all the advice by the way - it's all very helpful Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  playmaker Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:27 am

ok i found this...

http://www.revital.co.uk/BioCare_Acidophilus_Lactobacillus_Acidophilus

1gram, 8 billion viable cells.....so take 2.5g of this stiuff....or take 2 tabs of

http://www.naturesbest.co.uk/src/GOMINS/Acidophilus-Extra-10-P541/

yogurt is hard to find for some reason.

the other stuff until densiti ships to the uk...Bacillus coagulans GBI-30, 6086

http://doctorvicks.com/Products/Sustenex-Probiotic-Supplement.html
ships worldwide...

and mega green tea is easy to find...

but as eric says....theres a precise ration so if they can ship to uk in a couple weeks with florajen that would be the best thing.

playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:54 am

In all seriousness though.

So far so good.

Been roughly two weeks now with the Densiti / Florajen combo, as well as a nice amount of soy milk and I've had no side effects besides turning japa(COUGH) er, I mean getting sick of Soy Milk.

As for Sides, I don't see how there could be any sides with any implications near Fin or those products, Equol isn't some synthetic chemical, it's something a lot of people have lived with through out time as a natural part of their physiology. Just so happens that they had great hair too.

I'll keep updating in a semi-linear fashion, Good Luck everyone!

Back to top Go down

Post  ericmurphy Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:24 am

Great song! :-)

If you are getting sick of straight soymilk, take a look at this link:
http://www.silksoymilk.com/recipes

I would recommend trying to make a smoothie, or try putting it on cereal. You can make some great smoothies with soymilk.

Often, people do not care for the taste of soymilk at first. You get used to it and learn to like it. Now I buy only the unsweetened soymilk (Silk brand).

Eric

action<reaction wrote:

In all seriousness though.

So far so good.

Been roughly two weeks now with the Densiti / Florajen combo, as well as a nice amount of soy milk and I've had no side effects besides turning japa(COUGH) er, I mean getting sick of Soy Milk.

As for Sides, I don't see how there could be any sides with any implications near Fin or those products, Equol isn't some synthetic chemical, it's something a lot of people have lived with through out time as a natural part of their physiology. Just so happens that they had great hair too.

I'll keep updating in a semi-linear fashion, Good Luck everyone!

ericmurphy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:27 am

Hey Eric!

Hahah, my overall diet really has very little taste, I'm not being entirely serious about being sick of soy milk, hahah. I use unsweetened soy milk with a little almond milk, spinach, and blueberries to make a really nice smoothie.

Since starting this regimen Eric, has your hair been softer?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next