Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 5 EmptyToday at 8:26 am by JtheDreamer

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 5 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 5 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 5 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 5 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 5 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 5 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 5 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Densiti and modern equol solutions

+27
big mike
crysanthium
lostwind
tooyoung
Nubenap
hadrion
brandnew
IntoTheWest
playmaker
LA-Night
sdguy
redhead
DBAL
keen1991
ericmurphy
iluvhair
tao81
Odysseus
baller234
gutted
CausticSymmetry
NrwgnKID
xyion1
Swimmy
albe
magic_gro
Hoppipolla
31 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 5 Empty Re: Densiti and modern equol solutions

Post  ericmurphy Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:49 am

I am not sure about my hair being softer. It is possible that the regimen could make your hair less oily.

Some people with MPB claim they have oily hair due to excess sebum which may be also caused by DHT. If less sebum is being produced, it would make your hair be "softer". See this for more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebaceous_gland

Do you believe that this may be the reason why your hair could seem softer?

Eric

action<reaction wrote:Hey Eric!

Hahah, my overall diet really has very little taste, I'm not being entirely serious about being sick of soy milk, hahah. I use unsweetened soy milk with a little almond milk, spinach, and blueberries to make a really nice smoothie.

Since starting this regimen Eric, has your hair been softer?

ericmurphy

Back to top Go down

Densiti and modern equol solutions - Page 5 Empty Re: Densiti and modern equol solutions

Post  Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:00 am

Perhaps, though I'm reluctant to say anything for sure as of yet.
I'll report back in time without a doubt!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:13 am

Update time.

I'll start by saying that the only IH recommended supplements I'm currently using are Iodine and Magnesium, seeing as my Iherb order is still in transit somewhere in the States.

I held off for a couple of days before writing this, and I'm still hesitant, but my shedding has been enormously reduced. Whether this is the product of Densiti + Soy Milk + Florajen or the Iodine (or synergy between both therapies) I can't say for sure and I'm quite reluctant to drop either of them, hahah. I'll post weekly with updates on how the sans-shed is going, but as of now, entirely without any bias I would recommend giving Densiti a shot with the Florajen if you haven't already managed to kill the shed. If and when I notice regrowth I'll be extremely impressed, and you'll be the first to know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:44 am

Damn.. just went one day without Densiti/yogurt/soymilk ._.

Problem is, it can be tricky getting hold of the stuff daily as it's a little walk to the supermarkets that sell it and I didn't really get as much of an opportunity today. I will get more tomorrow, and should have Florajen soon too Smile

Erm, do we think that just one day off the regimen is probably ok anyway? I guess it's going to happen from time to time..
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IntoTheWest Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:08 am

For you guys in the uk, ya know YOP the yogurt drink is the brand Yoplait. I dont know if it contains what the reccomended yogurt on the densiti site has, but just throwing it out their for you to look into if interested.

And you can get it at Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's probably morrisons too.

IntoTheWest

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:23 pm

I may give Densiti a rest for now.. I am noticing more body hair on my arms and stuff (which I was getting anyway, but it does seem particularly noticeable) and I am just worried that something like the green tea might be increasing my DHT. I don't know for sure but I guess I'm paranoid. I might just use the beta-sit and collagen stuff for now. I do WANT to use Densiti/equol, but I guess I'm worried about taking risks!

Ugh man this is all so complex >.<
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:17 pm

Hey Hoppi,

Aside from the arm hair, have you noticed any other changes while on Densiti?

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:41 pm

oh, sorry don't get me wrong I am not necessarily blaming the Densiti at all, I mean I think I was having some increases in body hair anyway. I just don't want to take anything that has components that have been speculated by some to increase DHT!

And no, no other changes really, but then I wasn't on it too long so far and the yogurts I was eating probably aren't the best for it either (quite mild I would imagine).
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  brandnew Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:46 pm

Hoppipolla wrote:I may give Densiti a rest for now.. I am noticing more body hair on my arms and stuff (which I was getting anyway, but it does seem particularly noticeable) and I am just worried that something like the green tea might be increasing my DHT. I don't know for sure but I guess I'm paranoid. I might just use the beta-sit and collagen stuff for now. I do WANT to use Densiti/equol, but I guess I'm worried about taking risks!

What Densiti is supposed to do is remove DHT from binding to hair follices on the scalp. Wouldnt that mean more body hair? i.e. more free T?

brandnew

Back to top Go down

Post  brandnew Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:47 pm

and Hoppi, how long where you on it for? Rolling Eyes

brandnew

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:56 pm

No no that's not how it works.

T is obv. converted to DHT, which is then bound and removed by equol. Therefore you would notice increases in T with a 5ar inhibitor (which would hinder the conversion of that T into DHT) but I would guess not with equol, as the conversion has already happened when the DHT is removed.

The component of Densiti that I expressed concern about was green tea, but then as I said I truly am not saying Densiti necessarily contributed to my increase in body hair, I'm just saying that I am very wary of really anything that COULD potentially have DHT-increasing effects, even if that chance is remote.

Who knows, I mean I'll be getting Florajen soon anyway so maybe I'll give it another go then Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  redhead Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:21 pm

how is the others experience with this?

redhead

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:36 am

I had to stop using EGCG(note not even green tea extract just EGCG) because it was increasing testosterone too much (I had faster facial hair growth and temple recession continued). EGCG downregulates aromatase expression 30-50% depending on dose so it WILL increase test. I had a high intake of soy isoflavones (over 100 mg a day) AND I'm on propecia. I'm fairly certain that my DHT was low but my testosterone was really high which can be just as bad as DHT.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:47 am

So far my experience with this is going well, far reduced shedding, scalp feels nice.

Back to top Go down

Post  ericmurphy Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:02 am

Hoppi,

Of course, as the Densiti inventor, I strongly encourage you to stay on the Densiti regimen. You have only been on it a few weeks (at most)? I know that you get a lot of "advice" from people on the forums, so it can be overwhelming, but if you keep jumping around to different treatments without giving them a chance, you'll never achieve success.

I have not seen anything conclusive about Green Tea/ECGC increasing testosterone. Personally, after being on this regimen for 4 years, I have not noticed any abnormal increase in body hair or side effects that may come from a high level of testosterone. I have not heard of anything like this from others whom have been on the Densiti regimen.

Personal advice: If you are so concerned about various ingredients and remedies and how they may negatively affect your body, the most natural and "safe" route to go is to just to not treat your hair loss at all. There is no shame in going bald, although it's not ideal. If I were you, I would seriously consider just resigning to that fact, because you will never discover a hair loss treatment that has no *possible* side effects and actually works. I believe Densiti will be as "safe" as a treatment for hair loss will ever come, at least as a non-pharmaceutical goes.

Send me an e-mail if you have any further questions about this.

Thanks,
Eric

Hoppipolla wrote:I may give Densiti a rest for now.. I am noticing more body hair on my arms and stuff (which I was getting anyway, but it does seem particularly noticeable) and I am just worried that something like the green tea might be increasing my DHT. I don't know for sure but I guess I'm paranoid. I might just use the beta-sit and collagen stuff for now. I do WANT to use Densiti/equol, but I guess I'm worried about taking risks!

ericmurphy

Back to top Go down

Post  ericmurphy Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:07 am

Just want to say congrats to James for his success with Densiti so far. It is early in the program for him, but he has been very dedicated to the regimen and has so far been rewarded.

Also, thank you for helping to try out the Florajen option. I believe that it may be a real boon for many whom want to try to the Densiti regimen moving forward.

Eric

action<reaction wrote:So far my experience with this is going well, far reduced shedding, scalp feels nice.

ericmurphy

Back to top Go down

Post  ericmurphy Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:19 am

I don't know if you realize this, but Propecia (finasteride) is widely known to increase overall testosterone levels significantly. Do a Google search you will find a lot of information on this.

If you truly have/had increased testosterone, it was much more likely due to Propecia than the green tea/ECGC. If you disagree with me, please point me to a study that shows that ECGC increases testosterone levels. I would like to see it.

Thanks,
Eric

baller234 wrote:I had to stop using EGCG(note not even green tea extract just EGCG) because it was increasing testosterone too much (I had faster facial hair growth and temple recession continued). EGCG downregulates aromatase expression 30-50% depending on dose so it WILL increase test. I had a high intake of soy isoflavones (over 100 mg a day) AND I'm on propecia. I'm fairly certain that my DHT was low but my testosterone was really high which can be just as bad as DHT.

ericmurphy

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:32 am

Hey Eric,

Thanks for reappearing in this thread.

So aside from the Densiti protocol, are you taking any other supplements to combat hair loss?

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  ericmurphy Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:40 am

I do not take anything else beside a multvitamin + multi-B supplement. I am currently trying the Florajen option with success.

Some history:

4-5 years ago, I had temporary success (about 8 months) with generic minoxidil with some regrowth. However, my hair loss returned and minox was no longer a viable treatment for me. I had a lot of skin irritation from it anyways.

I almost went on Propecia, but I had severe reservations about it and decided against it. I decided to look into alternative treatments, and that set off the chain of events that resulted in my discovering the Densiti formula.

Eric

LA-Night wrote:Hey Eric,

Thanks for reappearing in this thread.

So aside from the Densiti protocol, are you taking any other supplements to combat hair loss?

ericmurphy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:52 am

ericmurphy wrote:Just want to say congrats to James for his success with Densiti so far. It is early in the program for him, but he has been very dedicated to the regimen and has so far been rewarded.

Also, thank you for helping to try out the Florajen option. I believe that it may be a real boon for many whom want to try to the Densiti regimen moving forward.

Eric

action<reaction wrote:So far my experience with this is going well, far reduced shedding, scalp feels nice.

I feel that this is a good time for a thorough update, for all interested.

I would like to make this clear. I only received my first Iheb order on Thursday. When I started densiti I was not taking any of the IH regimen besides Biotin and a couple of different vitamins and minerals (zinc, B12, B6, E, etc). I had been keeping this up for a month before hand, to no avail.

Expectations

I have to honestly say that I had no expectations for Densiti, I have a strong opinion regarding any "regimen", and that is you can not plant seeds in soil that is untended. I simply took the four pills daily, along with the Florajen and the Soymilk, and continued putting the effort into working on refining my diet / tending to improving my gut and intestines / getting the proper supplements.

In terms of taking Densiti alone, I can not say for sure whether or not it is enough for everybody's hair loss, but what I will stress is that in terms of synergy I wouldn't even consider removing it from my regimen. For anybody experiencing hair loss, I would most definitely recommend trying it.

Shedding

For five months I've heavily monitored my shedding daily, and I have gone from getting between 1 - 3 hairs average every time I put my fingers through my hair / having hairs just drop down into my thick framed glasses to having maybe one hair every ten - fifteen times I rub my fingers through my hair. This was a surprise, majorly, because I really wasn't banking on Densiti at all (Sorry Eric! I guess we're both getting the last laugh there Very Happy ) and was more or less waiting on my Iherb order. I feel that the large stop in shedding was due to using Densiti at the same time as Iodine, I have no way of knowing if they truly are synergistic, but I feel that if you try one of these treatments for hair loss you should incorporate the other. I'm much more hopeful now that in tandem with the IH regimen, I should see even more improvements.

Regrowth

I have expected no regrowth from this, but was ecstatic when I found these little dark hairs poking out of my hairline. I'm in no way saying that my regrowth is even noticeable unless you are really looking for it, and I have to stress that I will not testify to experiencing any sort of viable progress in this category yet. All I can say is that I am quite pleased with the progress this early in the regimen.

Side-effects

None to report. Libido is great as well.

Personal Opinion regarding Densiti

I am quite keen on keeping this up for a couple of years and taking close watch on my body, not just my hair, as I really would like to see what Equol is capable of in the long run. Safe to say I will be a customer of Eric's for a long-haul.

If I were to recommend this product to anybody, I would first stress the importance of respecting the products needs as much as you expect it to honor yours. I believe that this product will become more refined as time goes on, as will the most beneficial factors that should be incorporated into one's lifestyle in order to achieve maximum effects with it. If anybody has any questions, post and I'd be happy to try and answer the best that I can.

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:41 am

action<reaction --

Excellent post. Thanks for the update, man.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:04 am

No problem LA-night. I scrutinize every little thing, I loathe the idea of possibly feeding inaccurate information to this forum.

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:49 pm

Hey guys,

I'm curious. Haven't placed an order or anything, but what are some of the other potential positive effects for equol besides helping hair.

I know action/reaction said it's had an effect on his scalp. How so? Were you suffering from itching or redness or both? Love to hear the difference you're seeing scalp wise.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:04 pm

hadrion wrote:

I know action/reaction said it's had an effect on his scalp. How so? Were you suffering from itching or redness or both? Love to hear the difference you're seeing scalp wise.

I used to experience scalp irritation so bad that I couldn't even touch the hair itself, it felt as if my hair actually hurt. If somebody could tell me more about this, please, feel free.

And like I said, I am now able to run my hands through my hair with no irritation to the scalp or hair, and I find few shed hairs. Honestly? I'm still almost in denial about this, haha, because I'm scared that it will just start again.

I will follow up what I just said by stating that cutting out all gluten and dairy was also extremely helpful in reducing scalp irritation.

In regards to the "other" benefits of becoming a long term Equol producer, I really can only speculate... but I know that having it there is only a good thing in that it can be a sign of healthy gut flora, which was something that I always had problems with. I would love to have children who are equol producers as well, the idea of setting up my future generations with all of the crazy things that we were neglected by the standard health-care industry, is something I very much would like to achieve.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:11 pm

Hey Eric, maybe you could answer Hadrions questions, I'm quite interested in them as well.

As it's been clear, this regimen is clearly mimicking the best case scenario of an Asian micro-flora situation, right?

Would it be correct to assume that in the right amount, over a long enough time, one's features would correspond to say... darker hair / less body hair / etc?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next