Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Regrowth Protocol via PGE2... wow.  Pics/Theory Included. - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Regrowth Protocol via PGE2... wow.  Pics/Theory Included. - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Regrowth Protocol via PGE2... wow.  Pics/Theory Included. - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Regrowth Protocol via PGE2... wow.  Pics/Theory Included. - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Regrowth Protocol via PGE2... wow.  Pics/Theory Included. - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Regrowth Protocol via PGE2... wow.  Pics/Theory Included. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Regrowth Protocol via PGE2... wow.  Pics/Theory Included. - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Regrowth Protocol via PGE2... wow.  Pics/Theory Included. - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Regrowth Protocol via PGE2... wow.  Pics/Theory Included. - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Regrowth Protocol via PGE2... wow. Pics/Theory Included.

+48
Terry1133
LawOfThelema
ninjishal
YARO
CampOfDavid
RAptor
froyd
focuspoint
Hotspur
bagofdeen
headcase
Growdamnit
MovieJunkie89
cdto2012
UzumakiNaruto
fred
runnerup
CausticSymmetry
Maines
tooyoungforthis
Ronald84
longhair31
H4ir
alphadelta
VikingJL
Jrli80
calvicie
AgapeBerry
Elessar
iuyyighghghgkh
Changexpert
Hole
bayman
bov51
magic_gro
SonofOdin
australian
MikeGore
sizzlinghairs
johndoe1225
Sage 1
Biffy
ElmoSuper8
hairderp
Xenon
ANewHope
sanderson
52 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Regrowth Protocol via PGE2... wow.  Pics/Theory Included. - Page 7 Empty Re: Regrowth Protocol via PGE2... wow. Pics/Theory Included.

Post  AgapeBerry Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:59 am

sanderson wrote:
toolsmakingtools wrote:
sanderson wrote:
toolsmakingtools wrote:inhousepharmacy.vu has sulfa in stock right now. they were out just last week and said they didn't expect to get any more till mid-november, but no longer. looks like they're catching on to the sudden spike in demand.

has anyone successfully organized a groupbuy here before? that'd be a really great idea for a company, just organize group buys to ensure no one gets burned. wonder if you could use kickstarter for that.

we need seti, not sulfa

sulfa is cheaper and easier to acquire and what swisstemples got very fast regrowth using. it's not a permanent choice it's making due with what's available.

it also causes your sperm count to go down......... i dont think you want to be messing with a drug that is not even on the market yet that has that as a documented side effect from a study
actually it is a prescription drug/fda approved in 1950, not that that guarantees safety in each user. each person needs to do their own research and make their best judgment. you realize that seti is much less studied than sulfa and not on the market right?

Last edited by toolsmakingtools on Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

AgapeBerry

Back to top Go down

Regrowth Protocol via PGE2... wow.  Pics/Theory Included. - Page 7 Empty Re: Regrowth Protocol via PGE2... wow. Pics/Theory Included.

Post  sanderson Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:53 am

toolsmakingtools wrote:
sanderson wrote:
toolsmakingtools wrote:
sanderson wrote:
toolsmakingtools wrote:inhousepharmacy.vu has sulfa in stock right now. they were out just last week and said they didn't expect to get any more till mid-november, but no longer. looks like they're catching on to the sudden spike in demand.

has anyone successfully organized a groupbuy here before? that'd be a really great idea for a company, just organize group buys to ensure no one gets burned. wonder if you could use kickstarter for that.

we need seti, not sulfa

sulfa is cheaper and easier to acquire and what swisstemples got very fast regrowth using. it's not a permanent choice it's making due with what's available.

it also causes your sperm count to go down......... i dont think you want to be messing with a drug that is not even on the market yet that has that as a documented side effect from a study
actually it is a prescription drug/fda approved in 1950, not that that guarentees safety in each user. each person needs to do their own research and make their best judgment. you realize that seti is much less studied than sulfa and not on the market right?

ok but the one you are doing causes your sperm to decrease... so probably right now you have less sperm running around inside you... how can that be good at all? we all know diane35 causes hair to regrow too............
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  AgapeBerry Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:33 am

sanderson wrote:
toolsmakingtools wrote:
sanderson wrote:
toolsmakingtools wrote:
sanderson wrote:

we need seti, not sulfa

actually it is a prescription drug/fda approved in 1950, not that that guarentees safety in each user. each person needs to do their own research and make their best judgment. you realize that seti is much less studied than sulfa and not on the market right?

ok but the one you are doing causes your sperm to decrease... so probably right now you have less sperm running around inside you... how can that be good at all? we all know diane35 causes hair to regrow too............

Less sperm and more hair? That's a simple choice for me, even if that study can be replicated. Sulfa isn't anything like Finasteride man. If you're trying to convince me not to take it I'll need to see a lot more evidence for negative effects, not just guesses that any change related to sexual function in your body is inherently so bad that it's not worth touching, and then I'll weigh that against the hair-loss induced stress doing untold damage to my body on a daily basis and judge accordingly.

Furthermore we know very little about Seti's safety profile. Would you touch it if it caused a similar decrease in sperm count? I mean having my laptop seated on my lap decreases my sperm but that doesn't stop me from positioning it like that.

Sorry if I'm coming off a bit ranty, I've got a lot of caffeine in me and while I prefer safer/natural approaches wherever possible, I think there's too much narrowmindedness with regard to synthetic chemicals in general here. In all things in life, I think, you just have to weigh the known pros and cons, and keep weighing them as things change.

AgapeBerry

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:34 pm

I don't have the time to read everything, but why are we talking about sulfa now?

PGD2 is the key: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3982925/

You need something to prevent PGD2. These guys are using Setipiprant for that purpose.

Then you need to supply exogenous PGE2, or at least Ricinoleic Acid or Castor Oil - not as good as PGE2, but a good start.

Then you need wounding and WNT. These folks are using Lithium Chloride or Valproic Acid (VPA) for it, but I would rather use oleuropein from olive leaf extract.
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  AgapeBerry Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:35 pm

Sulfa was swiss's "poor man's" way to boost PGE2 and lower PGD2. It's easily available and it's cheap. The only way I can figure out how to obtain Seti is through a group buy. If you manage to get a group of people that's organized by a trustoworthy person or otherwise ensure that you can't get burned you'll probably be paying at least $200 (which I am down for btw, just saying that it doesn't seem like either of us have a group set up). While Sulfa is not preferred it is still quite viable, especially if you're short on spending money on experimental hair loss regimens, I mean it contributed to swiss's amazing regrowth that everyone's getting excited about, not Seti. Also I don't think anyone knows the best dosage for Seti yet, at least with Sulfa we know about what too much is (>1g or so).

Here is an answer swiss gave on ask.fm, notice he's still taking sulfa along with seti now -

"I'll put that into the prostaglandin protocol together with explanations.
Let me give you a VERY quick writeup of the essentials:

Daily: 3% setipiprant, topical castor oil, 7% VPA in stemox
Daily oral: 10mg setipiprant, 1ml castor oil, 1000mg sulfasalazine
Weekly: dermaneedling with 1.5mm needles, 20mg Lithium chloride right after needling, 3 minute sunburn with an UVB lamp (not same day as needling!)

Going to add pge2 in the future and maybe pgf2a. Yes I'm greedy."

AgapeBerry

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:51 am

Is there anyone selling Setipiprant on this forum?

Also, checkout the side effects mentioned for setipiprant:

"But setipiprant should truly be a way to skirt around the sexual side effects and prevent hairloss closer to the source (there is likely some other deeper reason for hairloss besides PGD2). That said, the side-effects reported in trials were: dry mouth, nausea, somnolence, hepatic enzyme elevation, and anxiety. A more serious side effect reported was cholelithiasis."

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:55 am

toolsmakingtools wrote:
sanderson wrote:
toolsmakingtools wrote:
sanderson wrote:
toolsmakingtools wrote:
sanderson wrote:

we need seti, not sulfa

Less sperm and more hair? That's a simple choice for me, even if that study can be replicated. Sulfa isn't anything like Finasteride man. If you're trying to convince me not to take it I'll need to see a lot more evidence for negative effects, not just guesses that any change related to sexual function in your body is inherently so bad that it's not worth touching, and then I'll weigh that against the hair-loss induced stress doing untold damage to my body on a daily basis and judge accordingly.

Furthermore we know very little about Seti's safety profile. Would you touch it if it caused a similar decrease in sperm count? I mean having my laptop seated on my lap decreases my sperm but that doesn't stop me from positioning it like that.

Sorry if I'm coming off a bit ranty, I've got a lot of caffeine in me and while I prefer safer/natural approaches wherever possible, I think there's too much narrowmindedness with regard to synthetic chemicals in general here. In all things in life, I think, you just have to weigh the known pros and cons, and keep weighing them as things change.

If you don't care about off springs, then by all mean go for it.

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:51 pm

toolsmakingtools wrote:has anyone successfully organized a groupbuy here before? that'd be a really great idea for a company, just organize group buys to ensure no one gets burned. wonder if you could use kickstarter for that.

Why don't you join the groupbuy on the same forum as where Swiss partecipates in Group Buys?
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:35 pm

Someone on yet another place suggest that St John's Wort and/or Piperine would be great companions to Setipiprant.

Seti + CYP3A4
Hey peeps, I was just thinking... many (most, even?) drugs are CYP3A4 substrates, meaning they are broken down by the enzyme CYP3A4. Some drugs are CYP3A4 inhibitors. When you take a CYP3A4 inhibitor and a CYP3A4 substrate together, the substrate has an increased AUC (Area Under the Curve), meaning that your body gets more exposure to the drug even though the dose is the same.

So I'm thinking, there's a decent chance that setipiprant is broken down by CYP3A4. If so, we could increase its effectiveness by taking it with a CYP3A4 such as St John's Wort or piperine. I'm unsure if this would work for topicals as well as oral. If it's not broken down by CYP3A4, there's a chance it's broken down by another enzyme and that we could take an inhibitor of whatever that other enzyme is.

I'm not sure how to find out if it's a CYP3A4 (or some other CYP-) substrate. It's possible that nobody knows, not even Kythera, since nothing about it is mentioned in the studies. However, one of the exclusion items for the metabolic studies is that you are not taking a CYP inhibitor or inducer. That might be just for good practice though.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02381496

TL;DR: If seti is a CYP substrate, we could increase its effectiveness by taking it with a CYP inhibitor. This might be a way to get around the high cost, especially if the effective dose for MPB happens to be high, like 1000mg.

Disclaimer: Obviously don't try this if you are taking another CYP substrate.
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  AgapeBerry Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:17 am

magic_gro wrote:
toolsmakingtools wrote:has anyone successfully organized a groupbuy here before? that'd be a really great idea for a company, just organize group buys to ensure no one gets burned. wonder if you could use kickstarter for that.

Why don't you join the groupbuy on the same forum as where Swiss partecipates in Group Buys?

It's my understanding that the forum swiss participates in group buys from is private. I'm not in a rush to look into it at the moment, but I suppose the sooner the better.

AgapeBerry

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:46 pm

Im going to participate in this group buy

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/94928-buy-group-seti-and-pge2

Im going for 5g seti and 50 mg pge2

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:16 pm

bogv51 wrote:Im going to participate in this group buy

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/94928-buy-group-seti-and-pge2

are you sure those are not from Kane? Question
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:28 pm

magic_gro wrote:

Its from poland.

"What is more also Seti and PGE2 will be from polish lab and it will be tast twice time. One in lab and another independent lab."

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:46 pm

bogv51 wrote:
magic_gro wrote:

Its from poland.

"What is more also Seti and PGE2 will be from polish lab and it will be tast twice time. One in lab and another independent lab."

Isn't Seti patented? Poland is a European Union country. Patent law applies there. Seems to me a dead giveaway that whoever made that statement is lying through their teeth. Buyer beware.
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:53 am

magic_gro wrote:
bogv51 wrote:
magic_gro wrote:

Its from poland.

Isn't Seti patented? Poland is a European Union country. Patent law applies there. Seems to me a dead giveaway that whoever made that statement is lying through their teeth. Buyer beware.

someone posted on the hairlosstlak forum about it

"This is perfectly possible for any substance. What you must not do however, is sell the substance for the purpose covered by the patent."

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:55 am

bogv51 wrote:
magic_gro wrote:
bogv51 wrote:
magic_gro wrote:

Its from poland.

"This is perfectly possible for any substance. What you must not do however, is sell the substance for the purpose covered by the patent."

Oh, wow. If true, it's a loophole that allow to depart quite a bit from the intentions behind the introduction of patents in the Victorian era.

But, assuming that's the case, how can one get Seti and PGE2 synthesized in Poland at Chinese prices?
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Regrowth Protocol via PGE2... wow.  Pics/Theory Included. - Page 7 Empty Where is swisstemples?

Post  tooyoungforthis Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:08 am

He doesn't seem to be answering any questions since a week ago and hasn't updated his blog since October 3rd..

Am I missing something, or is this quite odd for a guy who's supposedly cracked how to fix this dreaded problem? I mean, his blog should be overflowing with activity...
Kythera has silenced him..... lol

tooyoungforthis

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:40 am

That more or less corresponds to his level of activity on the private forum. It has gone down big time, but at the same time he works as a computer engineer and lately he's been bitching about how bad that forum works on a mobile phone. So I'm guessing he's probably gone on vacation and without a laptop. Smile
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:46 am

magic_gro wrote:
bogv51 wrote:
magic_gro wrote:
bogv51 wrote:
magic_gro wrote:

Its from poland.

Oh, wow. If true, it's a loophole that allow to depart quite a bit from the intentions behind the introduction of patents in the Victorian era.

But, assuming that's the case, how can one get Seti and PGE2 synthesized in Poland at Chinese prices?

By having connections, the guy in charge with the group buy is pretty known in the polish forum and he has a shop that sells ru and other stuff for hair loss.

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:57 am

but what causes pgd2 ?

the simple answer is any unsaturated oil

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linoleic_acid

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=110780

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:18 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:but what causes pgd2 ?

We need to load up on GLA and EPA. I would love to source them as individual fatty acids, rather than taking Evening Primrose Oil or Black Currant Oil and Fish Oil.

Since the group buy forum is more oriented towards drugs that are developed by the pharma industry, I doubt I'll be able to gather enough interest for GLA and EPA. But maybe folks here on ImmortalHair would be interested into a more natural approach?

My theory is that GLA + EPA + Zinc = Hair.

There is a 35 years old patent for regrowing hair on 6000mg of Evening Primrose Oil + some fish oil concentrate.
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/EP0309086.html
http://www.google.com/patents/EP0309086A1?cl=en

In the past, I was taking 2400mg of fish oil a day, but it was thinning my blood too much and I eventually gave up. I didn't see great results from it and I suspect it was pro-inflammatory and counterproductive instead.

How could it be that the addition of Evening Primrose Oil to Fish Oil changes the outcome so much?

Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) from Fish Oil prevents D5D from transforming DGLA from the GLA in Evening Primrose Oil into Arachidonic Acid (AA):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10917903 - Addition of eicosapentaenoic acid to gamma-linolenic acid-supplemented diets prevents serum arachidonic acid accumulation in humans.
Taking a look at Swiss's chart, this means that by taking GLA + EPA we will induce more production of PGE1 (just as by applying Minoxidil). We will also reduce the production of PGE2, PGF2a, PGI2 and PGF1a.
https://i.imgur.com/zy2LKNB.jpg

Apparently this worked out well for the subject of that study. But even if you are worried about reducing the production of endogenous PGE2, consider the following: PGE2 has a half life of 8.8 +/- 3.4 h. This pans out decently well for the application of exogenous PGE2. On the contrary, PGE1 has a half-life in the minutes range. So it's a pretty bad candidate for exogenous supplementation.

EPO is not the only candidate oil for getting our EPA. The full list includes:

• Borage Oil (BO)
  • Evening Primrose Oil (EPO)
  • Black Currant Oil (BCO)

Some research suggests that high-levels of amabiline, a PA present in BO, could be carcinogenic and may cause liver damage.

BCO not only has EPO but has also Stearidonic Acid which is readily converted into EPA. But it has much less GLA than EPO.

Ideally we would source just pure Eicosapentaenoic Acid and Gamma Linolenic Acid powders, if possible, and in a ratio of 2 EPA to 1 GLA - I need to do more research on that.

But the connection between EPA+GLA and hair growth doesn't seem to stop at prostaglandins, but also brings in our old nemesis - DHT:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21667400
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12589947

Now, let me throw in the mix one more thing: Zinc - proven successful by the likes of Super Zix II.

http://archderm.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=540226&resultclick=1 wrote:We were interested to read the suggestion by Drs Schroeter and Tucker (Archives 114:800, 1978) that zinc may enhance the conversion of essential fatty acids to prostaglandins. They pointed out that this could explain the similar effects of essential fatty acids and zinc on the skin.We have come to a similar conclusion and have provided evidence that zinc may have a specific effect in enhancing the formation of prostaglandins of the E1 series. This indicates that wherever either zinc or essential fatty acid therapy has been found effective, there may be an advantage in adding the other agent to the regimen. We have conducted preliminary studies using zinc sulfate (30 mg/day) and evening primrose oil (3.0 mL/ day). Evening primrose oil is a uniquely rich source of essential fatty acids since it contains 9% of γ-linolenic acid as well as 72% of linoleic acid. [...]

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0163782781900291 wrote:The similarities of zinc and EFA deficiency include growth retardation, alopecia, keratosis, gastrointestinal distress and malabsorption, infertility, disrupted parturition, reduced immunoresponsiveness, capillary fragility, increased permeability of the skin to water and delayed wound healing.

I promise I will try to find the full text for the following articles when I will have more time in 2-3 weeks or so:

http://archderm.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=540226
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0163782782900170
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0163782781901120
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0163782781900291

I completely fucked up, years ago, by supplementing copper. I think I even developed copper toxicity. To date, if I drink orange juice, I'll get diarrhea shortly thereafter. And copper might have impaired all of the rest of my hair regrowth protocol, by antagonizing zinc.

Also: maybe the ethanol in the Minoxidil carrier also helps to upregulate PGE1?
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1530-0277.1987.tb01250.x/abstract
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  alphadelta Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:21 am

but it also causes pge2 ??

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:44 am

magic_gro wrote:

We need to load up on GLA and EPA. I would love to source them as individual fatty acids, rather than taking Evening Primrose Oil or Black Currant Oil and Fish Oil.

Since the group buy forum is more oriented towards drugs that are developed by the pharma industry, I doubt I'll be able to gather enough interest for GLA and EPA. But maybe folks here on ImmortalHair would be interested into a more natural approach?

My theory is that GLA + EPA + Zinc = Hair.

There is a 35 years old patent for regrowing hair on 6000mg of Evening Primrose Oil + some fish oil concentrate.
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/EP0309086.html
http://www.google.com/patents/EP0309086A1?cl=en

In the past, I was taking 2400mg of fish oil a day, but it was thinning my blood too much and I eventually gave up. I didn't see great results from it and I suspect it was pro-inflammatory and counterproductive instead.

How could it be that the addition of Evening Primrose Oil to Fish Oil changes the outcome so much?

Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) from Fish Oil prevents D5D from transforming DGLA from the GLA in Evening Primrose Oil into Arachidonic Acid (AA):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10917903 - Addition of eicosapentaenoic acid to gamma-linolenic acid-supplemented diets prevents serum arachidonic acid accumulation in humans.
Taking a look at Swiss's chart, this means that by taking GLA + EPA we will induce more production of PGE1 (just as by applying Minoxidil). We will also reduce the production of PGE2, PGF2a, PGI2 and PGF1a.
https://i.imgur.com/zy2LKNB.jpg

Apparently this worked out well for the subject of that study. But even if you are worried about reducing the production of endogenous PGE2, consider the following: PGE2 has a half life of 8.8 +/- 3.4 h. This pans out decently well for the application of exogenous PGE2. On the contrary, PGE1 has a half-life in the minutes range. So it's a pretty bad candidate for exogenous supplementation.

EPO is not the only candidate oil for getting our EPA. The full list includes:

• Borage Oil (BO)
  • Evening Primrose Oil (EPO)
  • Black Currant Oil (BCO)

Some research suggests that high-levels of amabiline, a PA present in BO, could be carcinogenic and may cause liver damage.

BCO not only has EPO but has also Stearidonic Acid which is readily converted into EPA. But it has much less GLA than EPO.

Ideally we would source just pure Eicosapentaenoic Acid and Gamma Linolenic Acid powders, if possible, and in a ratio of 2 EPA to 1 GLA - I need to do more research on that.

But the connection between EPA+GLA and hair growth doesn't seem to stop at prostaglandins, but also brings in our old nemesis - DHT:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21667400
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12589947

Now, let me throw in the mix one more thing: Zinc - proven successful by the likes of Super Zix II.

http://archderm.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=540226&resultclick=1 wrote:We were interested to read the suggestion by Drs Schroeter and Tucker (Archives 114:800, 1978) that zinc may enhance the conversion of essential fatty acids to prostaglandins. They pointed out that this could explain the similar effects of essential fatty acids and zinc on the skin.We have come to a similar conclusion and have provided evidence that zinc may have a specific effect in enhancing the formation of prostaglandins of the E1 series. This indicates that wherever either zinc or essential fatty acid therapy has been found effective, there may be an advantage in adding the other agent to the regimen. We have conducted preliminary studies using zinc sulfate (30 mg/day) and evening primrose oil (3.0 mL/ day). Evening primrose oil is a uniquely rich source of essential fatty acids since it contains 9% of γ-linolenic acid as well as 72% of linoleic acid. [...]

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0163782781900291 wrote:The similarities of zinc and EFA deficiency include growth retardation, alopecia, keratosis, gastrointestinal distress and malabsorption, infertility, disrupted parturition, reduced immunoresponsiveness, capillary fragility, increased permeability of the skin to water and delayed wound healing.

I promise I will try to find the full text for the following articles when I will have more time in 2-3 weeks or so:

http://archderm.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=540226
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0163782782900170
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0163782781901120
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0163782781900291

I completely fucked up, years ago, by supplementing copper. I think I even developed copper toxicity. To date, if I drink orange juice, I'll get diarrhea shortly thereafter. And copper might have impaired all of the rest of my hair regrowth protocol, by antagonizing zinc.

Also: maybe the ethanol in the Minoxidil carrier also helps to upregulate PGE1?
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1530-0277.1987.tb01250.x/abstract

Hey magic

That's interesting, MPB Research has an article on something similar too but I don't think they mention Zinc

In the study they cite it's 500 mg of EPO and 500 mg of concentrated fish oil, four times a day

I think they say to use it topically too though

Also interesting is where it mentions "Another showed that a metabolite of GLA inhibited 5 alpha reductase by 80%."

The dosages are a bit confusing though

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:58 am

I disagree

A pgd2 blocker has been made already,

http://www.kythera.com/products/kyth-105-setipiprant/

it's expensive, but can be bought.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:44 am

So is the only place the get this by contacting this guy on hairlosstalk.com? What is the members name again and can he be trusted?

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next