Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 42 EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 42 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 42 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 42 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 42 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 42 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 42 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 42 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 42 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+78
StillSomeTime
Hotspur
Dannyboy
zarathustra
australian
egghead
thisainteasy
SuperMechanioventraliosis
HairOfReason
Serge
gatorNic
Sage 1
johndoe1225
Organism
NW0
Columbo
Faither
BE-COOL
MikeGore
Oker
CausticSymmetry
TheDivineMarquis
RAptor
Nanas
Denied
NotPatrickStewart
focuspoint
rukongai
bitvortex
Hole
theseeker86
dzeris
cloud201
alphadelta
drex1999
YAER
Ho Chi Minh
Brabus
Mageik
gorilla_power
rayl
alb_ert
sanderson
Joey Ramone
rofl
MrGalea
chubbfrank
Duketronix
tooyoungforthis
NDW
PotentPotential
Xenon
Jay07
stanis
Amin80
hairyshowers
SonofOdin
OpenBook
Complexx
berti
Aeons7
schpiloch123
hiilikeyourbeard
stresssucks
Slimnuts
bov51
CaptainGiggles
Florain
sizzlinghairs
Buster121
xyro
ANewHope
Growdamnit
fghjfghj
deleteme
NYJets
Biffy
Keanoseg
82 posters

Page 42 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 42 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Reborn Hair PPP Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:32 pm

johndoe1225 wrote:
Reborn Hair PPP wrote:
stevemstonezap wrote:@ Reborn Hair PPP nice job mate. I saw your videos. Thank you very much for sharing it. I will soon start DT therapy with diet change. BTW, do you have any before after pics?? if you dont mind showing it ? or pming me ?

Hey Steve,

I do have before and after pics, but unfortunately the before pics were taken 3 months into the program. The angles are ok for the before pics. I will post them as soon as my 6 month mark is up (end of Sept).

Thanks!

Reborn Hair PPP (Prayer, Patience, Perseverance)

Honestly I think that unless DT is done flawlessly, the original study 10 month to 100% regrowth thing is kind of impossible, unless you just started losing your hair.  I think it will take much longer for the majority of people to regrow it.

Also I started spraying my scalp with a mixture of MSM and distilled water a few days ago, and I'm wondering how I can get it to stay on my scalp, because it seems to just run down my head.  However, after awhile I see lots of MSM flakes/dust on the areas where I sprayed it so somehow some of it must be staying.

I also do a hair tugging massage, since you mentioned a multi-pronged approach to hair loss, thought you might be interested, and Tom Hagerty's scalp exercises.

Also Reborn, those videos were great, but could you tell me about how much force you press down with your fingers on your scalp?  That's the kind of thing that you can't really tell from a video.  Not how much force you pinch with, but how much downward force you apply if that makes sense.  I'm always worried about smashing my hair follicles or something, which doesn't really make sense since deep scalp massages exist already.

Also I must add, I've been drinking about 10 grams of pure MSM (or something like that, I'm just using rounded teaspoons so it won't be exact) per day in 2 divided doses, and I can say with 100% confidence that my facial hair is growing very fast.  It seems thicker too, I could always grow facial hair but it would never really be...Thick and full, if that makes sense.  It's quite impressive how much faster it's growing now.

Hey John,

I think you are partially correct about the 100% regrowth at the 10 month mark. Everybody's hair loss is different and it's because of this sole reason why I personally think it will take more effort to fight the battle with only one type of weaponry - DT. For example, if you are an advanced hair loss sufferer on the Norwood scale, let's say 4-5, it might take you years of getting your hair back if you solely rely on DT. Think about how many years it took to lose your hair and how many years you sat idle without putting any effort in halting your hair loss progression. Using a Norwood 4-5 in this example, the amount of time you would need to even STOP hair loss and then REGROW your hair might be insurmountable with DT alone, but STILL POSSIBLE.

In my personal experience thus far, I would NOT underestimate the effectiveness of DT because the theory behind it makes valid sense. Rob made a good distinction when he said to squeeze the sides and top of your head to test elasticity. The more "fluidity" the better elasticity which is why a lot of bald people have hair on the sides and hardly any on the top. Don't want to get anyone's hopes high, but my natural instinct tells me if you can hardly pinch the top of your head or even your temples, but have no trouble pinching the sides, then you probably discovered the main hair loss culprit - CALCIFICATION.

I would say your proof to test the efficacy of DT is to check for dandruff and sebum. Even if you don't get dandruff, do you at least feel your hair or head is oily/sticky because of sebum after EVERY session? What about regrowth? Have you experienced any regrowth of any vellus hairs? As far as hair tugging, I personally won't recommend because I think a lot of users experienced much distress and discomfort because their existing hair follicles were being pulled out forcefully.

As far as force goes, it's always hard to quantify. What I can say is a best rule of thumb is to ensure your fingers are ALWAYS FIRMLY planted on the scalp avoiding finger slipping and rubbing against the scalp. If this helps, try to visualize applying moderate - firm pressure with a PURPOSE to every pressure point. With a purpose I mean, doing the exercise PROPERLY by taking your time to concentrate and contract your fingers slowly in the areas you're trying to maximize growth. Also, I always hold for no more than 1.5 secs, as much as my fingers can handle to better gauge pressure levels, since harder pressure typically builds up faster the longer you hold something. Also, another good way to measure your pressure levels is if you pinch your under forearm skin and have that same "blood rush" "inflamed" effect/feeling on your head, your pressure levels, in my opinion are stable or even optimal depending on your hold time. Again, if you're not experiencing dandruff and/or sebum and scalp is not pinkish red, then you should apply more pressure. If you are experiencing these effects, and still feel worried about hard pressure, then go softer and see if those same effects occur.

Regarding MSM, I think 10g seems reasonable which is roughly 2 scoops as you mentioned. Try to find one that's always 100% pharmaceutical grade meaning one that's standardized or "pure". Nice to hear it's working on your facial hair; hopefully it will provide you with voluminous hair in the upcoming months.

Overall, I think you have a well-balanced, synergistic program. If you can, try incorporating more dermarolling OR bristle boar brushing/tapping in addition to the Mar V rubber scalp massager from amazon to maximize experience with FASTER results.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Reborn Hair PPP
Reborn Hair PPP

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 42 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  stevemstonezap Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:55 pm

Oh cool. 😊 I have started it from today. Let's see, how it works for me. Rob has stop selling his eBook, due to support issues I guess. I had mailed him, if he can give me the copy, but no reply from him yet.

stevemstonezap

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:12 pm

Reborn Hair PPP wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
Reborn Hair PPP wrote:
stevemstonezap wrote:@ Reborn Hair PPP nice job mate. I saw your videos. Thank you very much for sharing it. I will soon start DT therapy with diet change. BTW, do you have any before after pics?? if you dont mind showing it ? or pming me ?

Hey Steve,

I do have before and after pics, but unfortunately the before pics were taken 3 months into the program. The angles are ok for the before pics. I will post them as soon as my 6 month mark is up (end of Sept).

Thanks!

Honestly I think that unless DT is done flawlessly, the original study 10 month to 100% regrowth thing is kind of impossible, unless you just started losing your hair.  I think it will take much longer for the majority of people to regrow it.

Also I started spraying my scalp with a mixture of MSM and distilled water a few days ago, and I'm wondering how I can get it to stay on my scalp, because it seems to just run down my head.  However, after awhile I see lots of MSM flakes/dust on the areas where I sprayed it so somehow some of it must be staying.

I also do a hair tugging massage, since you mentioned a multi-pronged approach to hair loss, thought you might be interested, and Tom Hagerty's scalp exercises.

Also Reborn, those videos were great, but could you tell me about how much force you press down with your fingers on your scalp?  That's the kind of thing that you can't really tell from a video.  Not how much force you pinch with, but how much downward force you apply if that makes sense.  I'm always worried about smashing my hair follicles or something, which doesn't really make sense since deep scalp massages exist already.

Also I must add, I've been drinking about 10 grams of pure MSM (or something like that, I'm just using rounded teaspoons so it won't be exact) per day in 2 divided doses, and I can say with 100% confidence that my facial hair is growing very fast.  It seems thicker too, I could always grow facial hair but it would never really be...Thick and full, if that makes sense.  It's quite impressive how much faster it's growing now.

Hey John,

I think you are partially correct about the 100% regrowth at the 10 month mark. Everybody's hair loss is different and it's because of this sole reason why I personally think it will take more effort to fight the battle with only one type of weaponry - DT. For example, if you are an advanced hair loss sufferer on the Norwood scale, let's say 4-5, it might take you years of getting your hair back if you solely rely on DT. Think about how many years it took to lose your hair and how many years you sat idle without putting any effort in halting your hair loss progression. Using a Norwood 4-5 in this example, the amount of time you would need to even STOP hair loss and then REGROW your hair might be insurmountable with DT alone, but STILL POSSIBLE.

In my personal experience thus far, I would NOT underestimate the effectiveness of DT because the theory behind it makes valid sense. Rob made a good distinction when he said to squeeze the sides and top of your head to test elasticity. The more "fluidity" the better elasticity which is why a lot of bald people have hair on the sides and hardly any on the top. Don't want to get anyone's hopes high, but my natural instinct tells me if you can hardly pinch the top of your head or even your temples, but have no trouble pinching the sides, then you probably discovered the main hair loss culprit - CALCIFICATION.

I would say your proof to test the efficacy of DT is to check for dandruff and sebum. Even if you don't get dandruff, do you at least feel your hair or head is oily/sticky because of sebum after EVERY session? What about regrowth? Have you experienced any regrowth of any vellus hairs? As far as hair tugging, I personally won't recommend because I think a lot of users experienced much distress and discomfort because their existing hair follicles were being pulled out forcefully.

As far as force goes, it's always hard to quantify. What I can say is a best rule of thumb is to ensure your fingers are ALWAYS FIRMLY planted on the scalp avoiding finger slipping and rubbing against the scalp. If this helps, try to visualize applying moderate - firm pressure with a PURPOSE to every pressure point. With a purpose I mean, doing the exercise PROPERLY by taking your time to concentrate and contract your fingers slowly in the areas you're trying to maximize growth. Also, I always hold for no more than 1.5 secs, as much as my fingers can handle to better gauge pressure levels, since harder pressure typically builds up faster the longer you hold something. Also, another good way to measure your pressure levels is if you pinch your under forearm skin and have that same "blood rush" "inflamed" effect/feeling on your head, your pressure levels, in my opinion are stable or even optimal depending on your hold time. Again, if you're not experiencing dandruff and/or sebum and scalp is not pinkish red, then you should apply more pressure. If you are experiencing these effects, and still feel worried about hard pressure, then go softer and see if those same effects occur.

Regarding MSM, I think 10g seems reasonable which is roughly 2 scoops as you mentioned. Try to find one that's always 100% pharmaceutical grade meaning one that's standardized or "pure". Nice to hear it's working on your facial hair; hopefully it will provide you with voluminous hair in the upcoming months.

Overall, I think you have a well-balanced, synergistic program. If you can, try incorporating more dermarolling OR bristle boar brushing/tapping in addition to the Mar V rubber scalp massager from amazon to maximize experience with FASTER results.

Hey thanks again, I agree with everything.

I actually do boar bristle tapping daily but will probably cut down on the frequency.

I don't think I have any regrowth yet but it's quite early still, and like you said, will take awhile at this stage (not really severe but...I dunno).  

About the "grease", I think I'm getting that, my fingers end up a bit slippery/greasy (obviously Very Happy ) after doing DT.  Sometimes I get that sticky glue substance but that is more rare.  I don't get much dandruff anymore though.

The MSM is a good "OptiMSM" brand powder, I think that's the one produced in the U.S., and it only cost me $38.00 at the vitamin shoppe for two whole pounds of powder which will last a long, long time! The only thing I need are those kitchen measuring spoons since now I'm just using a rounded teaspoon which obviously is inaccurate.

Thanks!

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay07 Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:28 am

Reborn Hair PPP wrote:Hello everyone,

I just joined this site as of today, but I have been actively reading every post since inception back when drex1999 had much success with his original regimen (before he stopped). I have also read every page of this forum and the "Ferox Method" forum (sorry I can't post any links or emails for 7 days since I am a new user)

Moreover, I have bought Rob's ebook at his perfect hair health website sometime in early March 2015 and have implemented DT with a balance of other methods since then. By the way, I am NOT affiliated with Rob or the service he provides. I am just a regular guy like you actively searching for the "right" natural hair loss cure. What I can say about Rob is that he is genuine, nice, caring, and supportive; therefore, my ultimate conclusion is that I think you will find a lot of merit and much success if you take the time to read his ebook. Again, please don't get the wrong message; I am not trying to promote his business to anyone. In fact, he even has a note asking YOU, the user, to determine the price, whether you want to buy it for $1, $10, $100, etc. However, since he is a "one man show" having limited resources, you need to at least spend $30 if you want him to answer any of your questions and support you along the way. His ebook basically consolidates a lot of the pertinent information about hair loss remedies with links of articles, websites, and scientific validated studies to support ALL topics of his ebook, whether it relates to DT, nutrition, exercise, DR, apple cider vinegar, third world countries, etc. I would highly recommend!!

The reason why I am harping much on Rob's ebook is because I personally believe if anyone wants to benefit substantially from DT or regrow your hair you MUST incorporate other methods to provide a balance flow for synergy, and Rob's ebook does a good job at accomplishing that. As we know, hair loss is complex and different for each person, because of our unique biological framework. However, if we understand the root cause of our hair loss and address it by a holistic and "synergistic approach", we can overcome this pervasive, pestering condition.

When I first started DT back in March 2015, I was "on and off" it because of my demanding work schedule. Therefore, I do not consider myself 7 months, but rather 6 months into the program. In addition to changing my diet to gluten free and non-GMO, I have dedicated myself to go the extra mile in utilizing other natural strategies that has expedited my hair growth journey. By the way, I have some moderate diffuse thinning more prevalent in the frontal and temporal regions and a quarter size bald spot in the crown region. I would classify myself between a Norwood 2 and 2A with some mild baldness on the middle to top sections of my scalp.

Please see below for a list of my other natural strategies that are EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE for regrowing hair:
1.   Inversion back therapy machine while massaging the scalp for 2 mins - reclined at very close to a headstand position, 7 mins each day, 6 days a week
2.   Rubber massager which I bought from amazon titled Mar-V-Cide Shampoo Brush & Invigorator (can't post link since I am new user) - moderate circular pressure and moderate brushing upwards; 5 mins each day 6 days a week                  
3.   Bristle boar brushing/tapping - ~Moderately intense circular motions as well as moderate tapping, ~3-5 mins on each region or a 110 strokes (frontal, two temples, and mid to vertex section). Combined time of ~15-25 mins once every 10 days.
4.   Dermarolling - ~Moderately intense upward motions. Some areas, scalp bleeds. ~3 mins on each region (frontal and two temples only). Combined time of ~15 minutes once every 10 days.
5.   Apple cider vinegar and no shampoo - apple cider vinegar application 1-2 a week. 15% acidity when diluted with water. Leave on time about 30 mins but will start to leave it on overnight (8 hours).

In case you are wondering about the frequency and duration of the DT exercise, I perform it 6 days a week, 25 mins each session. I don't do 40 mins, which was done in the Hong Study, since I implement other exercises and don't want to overwhelm the scalp, which may potentially impair the growth cycle or lead to other adverse effects.

Hair Growth Status
Months 1-3 - did experience some shedding, but more so of sebum/oil. My scalp and hair was ridiculously oily and shiny but this subsided by month 4ish. Months 2-3, lots and lots of vellus hairs growing on the right temple.

Months 4-5 1/2 - more vellus hairs growing, especially on the right temple and right frontal area. Left temple regrowth of dormant hair follicles with longer vellus hairs considering how dull and miniaturized theses follicles were prior to the regiment.

Month 6 - Left and middle frontal region rebirth of vellus hairs about 40 in total. Right front and right temple starting to fill in with more, darker vellus hairs.

Overall, existing hair feels healthier and a little denser, with some areas being longer and thicker. Scalp feels much thinner and lighter. The elasticity definitely and drastically improved, especially from months 4-6; I can finally lift my skin on my temples and the middle to top regions with one hand and two fingers.

Based on my 6 month experience, I think one can dramatically profit from DT, even if it's done on a standalone basis. There were days when I just only performed DT for 25 mins more so during months 1-2 and I still experienced minimal regrowth during that time, especially on the right temple. It will just take longer to regrow your lost hair in my opinion if that's all you're doing. FYI, before I start any exercise, I will always start with DT and by the 15 minute mark, my hair ALWAYS feels a little greasy or gluey. I think that is a great indicator that you're doing the exercise properly.

One last important note I want to say, please provide AMPLE time for your scalp to recover from acute inflammation. If you feel your head is sore, then rest. More does not always equate to faster results. Please don't overdo it with much intensity and frequency, otherwise you will be jeopardizing the hair growth cycle. Balance is key!!!

All and all, please don't lose hope in DT or DR. I strongly believe in the efficacy as it's starting to work some wonders for me and other uses. With much prayer, patience, and perseverance, I think these two methods will manifest into a viable hair loss remedy.

Due to the immensity of this post, that's all for now. If you any of you are interested in knowing more about the specificity of my exercises, I will be more than happy to help.

Again, thanks a bunch for your interests and good luck on your journey!

Reborn Hair PPP

P.S. In case you are wondering what PPP stands for, it stands for Prayer, Patience, and Perseverance. With these qualities, one can achieve the utmost desires of their heart and make a dream become a reality!

Hi RH PP,

thank you for your post. I was wondering how effective you think dermarolling is on the hairline? I have been doing DT for over a year now and have only maintained. Do you think adding DR would help? What are your thoughts on it?

Thanks

Jay07

Back to top Go down

Post  Reborn Hair PPP Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:48 am

johndoe1225 wrote:
Reborn Hair PPP wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
Reborn Hair PPP wrote:

Hey Steve,

Thanks!

Hey John,

I actually do boar bristle tapping daily but will probably cut down on the frequency.

I don't think I have any regrowth yet but it's quite early still, and like you said, will take awhile at this stage (not really severe but...I dunno).  

About the "grease", I think I'm getting that, my fingers end up a bit slippery/greasy (obviously Very Happy ) after doing DT.  Sometimes I get that sticky glue substance but that is more rare.  I don't get much dandruff anymore though.

The MSM is a good "OptiMSM" brand powder, I think that's the one produced in the U.S., and it only cost me $38.00 at the vitamin shoppe for two whole pounds of powder which will last a long, long time!  The only thing I need are those kitchen measuring spoons since now I'm just using a rounded teaspoon which obviously is inaccurate.

Thanks!

Hey John,

I think these are all good signs that you are doing the exercise properly. If you want bristle boar brushing to be more impactful, I usually push down on the brush in a designated area and perform circular motions (about 110 times). Tapping is great to get balanced coverage but I feel it's not as vigorous or penetrable as the circular motions. One key note, circular motions hurts like someone inserting hot needles in your scalp, so the aftermath is usually mild-moderate skin peeling. I can tolerate it because my scalp got used to it over time and I only perform it once every 10 or 20 days.

I agree with you, I think OptiMSM is a great high quality brand and your dosage seems to be reasonable. Just don't overdo it because the supplement is technically not FDA approved for safety uses.

I don't know what hair loss stage you fall into, but I would say at the least you should see some visible signs of regrowth probably around the 6 month mark or later. Definitely keep us posted. With some, visible signs of regrowth were apparent during months 2-3; with others, between months 6-8. It just really depends on how quickly your body can respond to a new treatment.

Take care buddy and thanks for the update!

Reborn Hair PPP
Reborn Hair PPP

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:18 am

Reborn Hair PPP wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
Reborn Hair PPP wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
Reborn Hair PPP wrote:

Hey Steve,

Thanks!

Hey John,

The MSM is a good "OptiMSM" brand powder, I think that's the one produced in the U.S., and it only cost me $38.00 at the vitamin shoppe for two whole pounds of powder which will last a long, long time!  The only thing I need are those kitchen measuring spoons since now I'm just using a rounded teaspoon which obviously is inaccurate.

Thanks!

Hey John,

I think these are all good signs that you are doing the exercise properly. If you want bristle boar brushing to be more impactful, I usually push down on the brush in a designated area and perform circular motions (about 110 times). Tapping is great to get balanced coverage but I feel it's not as vigorous or penetrable as the circular motions. One key note, circular motions hurts like someone inserting hot needles in your scalp, so the aftermath is usually mild-moderate skin peeling. I can tolerate it because my scalp got used to it over time and I only perform it once every 10 or 20 days.

I agree with you, I think OptiMSM is a great high quality brand and your dosage seems to be reasonable. Just don't overdo it because the supplement is technically not FDA approved for safety uses.

I don't know what hair loss stage you fall into, but I would say at the least you should see some visible signs of regrowth probably around the 6 month mark or later. Definitely keep us posted. With some, visible signs of regrowth were apparent during months 2-3; with others, between months 6-8. It just really depends on how quickly your body can respond to a new treatment.

Take care buddy and thanks for the update!

Hey Reborn

That boar bristle technique you mention is interesting, I was performing a similar one although more extreme (and infrequently) every so often;

I'd place the brush on a spot, make sure it doesn't move, and press down.  It hurt, but after as little as 5 seconds of doing that I could see a lot of dead skin/dandruff/whatever, it's like I spilled powdered sugar on myself.  The last few times it hasn't been as dramatic.  The area is definitely red/inflamed afterwards, and hurts for a little bit, but nothing even close to unbearable.  It's probably not good for the brush but they are cheap, lol.

I'm kind of worried to actually move the brush right on my scalp as you mentioned since I have long hair and am very worried about breakage/etc., so I just brush my hair normally, from root to the end, as described in the Morocco method.

Also about that hair tugging massage, I think it can do a lot of harm if done improperly, but it's actually a legitimate (I think) massage technique.  The key is to do it right though, to grab a bunch of hair close to the scalp, slowly pull up, and feel a very relaxing, dull sensation, not a sharp pain, like when you accidentally pull a strand of hair off after drying off from a shower. I think it's supposed to somehow be stimulating or just good in general for the hair. When I do it (especially in front by the widows peak), I feel a very relaxing, dull kind of sensation all around that area, and it feels quite good

Thanks

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Reborn Hair PPP Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:42 am

Hey Jay 07,

A couple of questions for you. What is your dermaroller size? 0.5mm? 1mm? 1.5mm? You should use 1.5MM for efficacy because in 2013 there was study done with microneedling and Minoxidil vs just using Minoxidil. I still can't post links here, but google "A randomized evaluator blinded study of effect of microneedling in androgenetic alopecia: A pilot study". In that study they used a 1.5mm dermaroller and the results were astounding. Another question, what is your frequency and duration? How often AND how long are you performing each session? Also, what stage of hair loss you fall under?

Background on dermarolling: I personally think any tool that stimulates more flood to your hair follicles is effective if done PROPERLY, CONSISTENTLY, and REASONABLY. What's unique about dermarolling is that it generates more inflammation than the scalp massages because it penetrates and exfoliates the skin to better transport oxygen and blood thereby expelling DHT and sebum at a quicker pace. Think about it, if this tool opens your pores and in some cases, causes bleeding, wouldn't you think MORE junk is expelled in the process than massaging alone? Massaging does in fact create this environment but to a limited extent (your pores are NOT vastly opened than dermarolling). Moreover, since the magnitude of injury is far greater than massaging alone, your body would need to repair this damaged tissue by releasing certain signals, like WNT proteins, to "wake up" and regenerate dormant hair follicles to enter the anagen stage.

If you are not experiencing the positive effects of dermarolling, I would say maybe you need to perform longer, less frequent, harder sessions. Make sure you provide ample recovery time (36 hours) before you commence massaging or any other method. I usually perform dermarolling once every 7-10 days and perform a 110 strokes in each balding area (two temples and frontal region.) My scalp, by the way, bleeds minimally; just make sure you at least see reddened skin, otherwise you're probably not performing it properly.

As far as success goes, it's hard to specifically pinpoint that dermarolling ALONE caused regrowth since I perform a variation of other methods. What I can say is my hair ALWAYS feels thicker/denser the next day.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

Reborn Hair PPP
Reborn Hair PPP

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:39 am

Reborn Hair PPP wrote:Hey Jay 07,

A couple of questions for you. What is your dermaroller size? 0.5mm? 1mm? 1.5mm? You should use 1.5MM for efficacy because in 2013 there was study done with microneedling and Minoxidil vs just using Minoxidil. I still can't post links here, but google "A randomized evaluator blinded study of effect of microneedling in androgenetic alopecia: A pilot study". In that study they used a 1.5mm dermaroller and the results were astounding. Another question, what is your frequency and duration? How often AND how long are you performing each session? Also, what stage of hair loss you fall under?

Background on dermarolling: I personally think any tool that stimulates more flood to your hair follicles is effective if done PROPERLY, CONSISTENTLY, and REASONABLY. What's unique about dermarolling is that it generates more inflammation than the scalp massages because it penetrates and exfoliates the skin to better transport oxygen and blood thereby expelling DHT and sebum at a quicker pace. Think about it, if this tool opens your pores and in some cases, causes bleeding, wouldn't you think MORE junk is expelled in the process than massaging alone? Massaging does in fact create this environment but to a limited extent (your pores are NOT vastly opened than dermarolling). Moreover, since the magnitude of injury is far greater than massaging alone, your body would need to repair this damaged tissue by releasing certain signals, like WNT proteins, to "wake up" and regenerate dormant hair follicles to enter the anagen stage.

If you are not experiencing the positive effects of dermarolling, I would say maybe you need to perform longer, less frequent, harder sessions. Make sure you provide ample recovery time (36 hours) before you commence massaging or any other method. I usually perform dermarolling once every 7-10 days and perform a 110 strokes in each balding area (two temples and frontal region.) My scalp, by the way, bleeds minimally; just make sure you at least see reddened skin, otherwise you're probably not performing it properly.

As far as success goes, it's hard to specifically pinpoint that dermarolling ALONE caused regrowth since I perform a variation of other methods. What I can say is my hair ALWAYS feels thicker/denser the next day.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

In his E-book, Rob also mentions that if you are derma rolling you should wait 36 hours from your last DR session to do DT to allow the scalp time to heal

EDIT:  Nevermind, you mentioned that Very Happy

Also, I am a complete idiot. I thought I was taking 10 grams of MSM daily, but it turns out it was more like 4 grams, it was supposed to be a heaped teaspoon not a level one, lol. I got placebo detox symptoms! Laughing

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Reborn Hair PPP Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:36 pm

Reborn Hair PPP wrote:

Hey Steve,

Thanks!

Hey Steve and to everyone else who's interested,

As promised, take a look at my before and after pics. Excuse my typo on the previous posts, before pics represents 4 months in the DT regimen as opposed to 3 months. Notice especially at the right and left temples how there was hardly any regrowth at the 4 month mark. The after pics were taken at the end of Sep 2015 (6 months in).

BEFORE July 2015:

Left temple
https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/32/99/37/before12.jpg

Right temple
https://servimg.com/u/f21/19/32/99/37/before11.jpg

Frontal #1
https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/32/99/37/before13.jpg

Frontal #2
https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/32/99/37/before14.jpg

After Sept 2015

Left temple
https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/32/99/37/after_10.jpg

Right temple
https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/32/99/37/after_11.jpg

Frontal #1
https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/32/99/37/after_12.jpg

Frontal #2
https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/32/99/37/after_13.jpg

I will let you be the judge, but I think it's safe and reasonable to say that there has DEFINITELY been some-mediocre regrowth, especially the left temple. I know the angles/quality on the before pics might be hard to tell, but I can reassure you if I had to pick an area that had the most growth it would be the left. My left temple was close to slick bald before I started the program. Bear in mind, before pics represent 4 months in the program, so you can probably see some growth (vellus hairs that's all), but nothing substantial. When you look at the 6 month mark, those are not vellus hairs; they're longer and finer, some even terminal, but I wouldn't say ALL are terminal.

I don't want to be too optimistic, but I think DT COUPLED with other exercises is starting to look promising. Please guys, don't give up too soon. Hang in there; pray, be patient, and persevere, and you will see the fruits of your labor sprout when the right time comes.

As courtesy and respect, please don't share any of these pictures outside this forum nor be too cynical with disgraceful comments. I am doing all you a favor by documenting my success and helping those achieve through hard work and optimism. Please don't bring that vibe down, because that's the last thing we need in a distressful situation we are all currently experiencing.

I hope this at least meets your expectations!

Thanks for your interest!

Reborn Hair PPP (Prayer, Patient, Perseverance)
Reborn Hair PPP
Reborn Hair PPP

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:06 pm

Reborn Hair PPP wrote:
Reborn Hair PPP wrote:

Hey Steve,

Thanks!

Hey Steve and to everyone else who's interested,

As promised, take a look at my before and after pics. Excuse my typo on the previous posts, before pics represents 4 months in the DT regimen as opposed to 3 months. Notice especially at the right and left temples how there was hardly any regrowth at the 4 month mark. The after pics were taken at the end of Sep 2015 (6 months in).

BEFORE July 2015:

Left temple
https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/32/99/37/before12.jpg

Right temple
https://servimg.com/u/f21/19/32/99/37/before11.jpg

Frontal #1
https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/32/99/37/before13.jpg

Frontal #2
https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/32/99/37/before14.jpg

After Sept 2015

Left temple
https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/32/99/37/after_10.jpg

Right temple
https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/32/99/37/after_11.jpg

Frontal #1
https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/32/99/37/after_12.jpg

Frontal #2
https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/32/99/37/after_13.jpg

I will let you be the judge, but I think it's safe and reasonable to say that there has DEFINITELY been some-mediocre regrowth, especially the left temple. I know the angles/quality on the before pics might be hard to tell, but I can reassure you if I had to pick an area that had the most growth it would be the left. My left temple was close to slick bald before I started the program. Bear in mind, before pics represent 4 months in the program, so you can probably see some growth (vellus hairs that's all), but nothing substantial. When you look at the 6 month mark, those are not vellus hairs; they're longer and finer, some even terminal, but I wouldn't say ALL are terminal.

I don't want to be too optimistic, but I think DT COUPLED with other exercises is starting to look promising. Please guys, don't give up too soon. Hang in there; pray, be patient, and persevere, and you will see the fruits of your labor sprout when the right time comes.

As courtesy and respect, please don't share any of these pictures outside this forum nor be too cynical with disgraceful comments. I am doing all you a favor by documenting my success and helping those achieve through hard work and optimism. Please don't bring that vibe down, because that's the last thing we need in a distressful situation we are all currently experiencing.

I hope this at least meets your expectations!

Thanks for your interest!

Reborn Hair PPP (Prayer, Patient, Perseverance)

Hey Reborn, I think at the very least you can say you definitely maintained which is 50% of the battle already!

Also, I do Tom Hagerty's scalp exercises, they are super easy (once you learn them) to do, free and take little time.  The idea is that you fully contract the frontalis muscles (fully raise your eyebrows) and then fully contract the occipital muscles in the back, which makes the galea slider over the skull to keep it mobile.  Supposedly angiogenesis is a big part of the process from working the muscles and forming new capillaries.  I used to do it a lot but I thought it might be counter productive so at most now I do it around 20-30 minutes a day.

That's just another way to get a good amount of blood to the area I believe.

However it's worth noting that these don't help with scalp laxity like DT does.  I'd been doing these for over a year and when I started DT my scalp was tight.

I think I might look into DR as well to compliment DT.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Reborn Hair PPP Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:18 am

Hey John,

Thanks for your valuable input!

Yea I heard about Tom Hagerty and I think there is some merit in his type of his exercise. I do from time to time incorporate his strategy into my regimen but not too diligent about it.

Thanks anyways for reemphasizing about him.

Reborn Hair, PPP (Prayer, Patience, Perseverance)
Reborn Hair PPP
Reborn Hair PPP

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:49 am

Reborn Hair PPP wrote:Hey John,

Yea I heard about Tom Hagerty and I think there is some merit in his type of his exercise. I do from time to time incorporate his strategy into my regimen but not too diligent about it.

Sure thing

By the way, you said you do DR and boar bristle tapping, I was wondering, I do tapping but not the way you do, I simply tap my head with it, mostly in problem areas but then just quickly all over my head.  It's uncomfortable but doesn't hurt.  I was thinking of getting a derma roller as well, but combined with the boar bristle tapping and DT...I'd have to rethink my regimen to not overwhelm my scalp, lol

Also I'd like to get a 0.5mm DR simply for my topicals, especially my MSM and distilled water mixture, and also Sage's topical on this forum, and maybe some coconut oil for the hell of it. I wonder how that would work.  I know DR + Minox could have some crazy good results.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Reborn Hair PPP Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:06 am

johndoe1225 wrote:

Sure thing

By the way, you said you do DR and boar bristle tapping, I was wondering, I do tapping but not the way you do, I simply tap my head with it, mostly in problem areas but then just quickly all over my head.  It's uncomfortable but doesn't hurt.  I was thinking of getting a derma roller as well, but combined with the boar bristle tapping and DT...I'd have to rethink my regimen to not overwhelm my scalp, lol

Also I'd like to get a 0.5mm DR simply for my topicals, especially my MSM and distilled water mixture, and also Sage's topical on this forum, and maybe some coconut oil for the hell of it.  I wonder how that would work.  I know DR + Minox could have some crazy good results.

Hey John,

Yea I think your tapping strategy is on par. Yes, you are correct when you say not to overwhelm the scalp. I do not nor do I recommend performing DR AND Bristle Boar brushing/tapping concurrently; that would be killer and not ideal. I do, however, perform 25 mins DT followed by ~10-15 mins of DR.

You can definitely start with a smaller size DR but I not sure how penetrable or effective it would be. Probably start out with it for a couple of weeks, then when your scalp is immune to it, go for a larger size, like a 1.5mm.

Reborn Hair PPP
Reborn Hair PPP

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:14 am

Reborn Hair PPP wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:

Sure thing

Also I'd like to get a 0.5mm DR simply for my topicals, especially my MSM and distilled water mixture, and also Sage's topical on this forum, and maybe some coconut oil for the hell of it.  I wonder how that would work.  I know DR + Minox could have some crazy good results.

Hey John,

Yea I think your tapping strategy is on par. Yes, you are correct when you say not to overwhelm the scalp. I do not nor do I recommend performing DR AND Bristle Boar brushing/tapping concurrently; that would be killer and not ideal. I do, however, perform 25 mins DT followed by ~10-15 mins of DR.

You can definitely start with a smaller size DR but I not sure how penetrable or effective it would be. Probably start out with it for a couple of weeks, then when your scalp is immune to it, go for a larger size, like a 1.5mm.

Interesting, thanks!

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Natrural_hair Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:13 pm

Hello,

this is my firs post.

I'm doing DT for about 8 weeks and it's working so far. First results I noticed 2 weeks ago.
Hair top of my head are little denser (I have very thin hair there). The biggest change is in temple area, it's filled in about 30 %.
This sharp M shape is more like m now. There are new hair, thin but dark.

What I do:

DT 2x15 /day
Thyroid massage 2x2 min/day (my hands feel warm now)
Dermarolling 1x5 min /week
Apple cider vinegar 3xtopically (also drink it)/week
Magnesium oil 2x topically/week

This grease I only got in the first week, if I remember correctly. Dandruff I don't get.

I write because to encourage people try this DT technique. At the beginning I was also sceptical.

Natrural_hair

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:45 pm

Natrural_hair wrote:Hello,

this is my firs post.

I'm doing DT for about 8 weeks and it's working so far. First results I noticed 2 weeks ago.
Hair top of my head are little denser (I have very thin hair there). The biggest change is in temple area, it's filled in about 30 %.
This sharp M shape is more like m now. There are new hair, thin but dark.

What I do:

DT 2x15 /day
Thyroid massage 2x2 min/day (my hands feel warm now)
Dermarolling 1x5 min /week
Apple cider vinegar 3xtopically (also drink it)/week
Magnesium oil 2x topically/week

This grease I only got in the first week, if I remember correctly. Dandruff I don't get.

I write because to encourage people try this DT technique. At the beginning I was also sceptical.

Your temples filled in 30% within 8 weeks? LOL and people call me a troll for calling the trolls out for their BS.

Sorry, but you are not full of hair, you're full of shit.

Oh, and @reborn, pay Rob $30 for what type of support exactly? Support on how to lose your hair faster? I don't believe, for a moment, that kid was ever bald. He claims he was balding for ten years, and cured it with DT within seven months? He couldn't even be bothered to video his progress, yet conveniently finds the time to find a video camera after his hair is 100% "restored". LOL And here everyone else is losing their hair at a rapid rate of knots within that time - hair, of which, has never regrown. He was never searching for any baldness cure for ten years, the kid is a market researcher who lurked on the boards for a few months and milked the minds of the people who had been searching for a cure for ten years or more. He even PM'd me to ask if he could use my *theoretic* material in his ebook. Everything in his ebook is the accumulation of information he siphoned from here, and nothing more. So much for his ten year search.

Hey, I have to hand it to him, though -- sitting in his tighty whities playing Xbox in his mother's basement making an easy $30 per "consultation" LOL I guess I should be saying good luck to him, and tough shit on the gullible.

Last edited by Xenon on Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:10 pm

Hotspur wrote:Hi PPP,

Thank you for your tomfoolery. We need more people like you in this community. Ignore me. I'm still smarting after I massaged my hairline into Timbuktu.

As epic failure stories and studies are published over the next 12 months, I think our community will arrive at a consensus that we willingly made ourselves bald.

Keep us all updated with your regress : (

^^Fixed Twisted Evil
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:49 pm

'He couldn't even be bothered to video his progress, yet conveniently finds the time to find a video camera after his hair is 100% "restored".'

this is a very good point. also be wary of before after pics that have been reversed, are brighter in the before, and darker (or higher contrast) in the after, wetter in the before and dryer in the after, different lengths, different combing, etc. also its very easy to take photos of hairs that have grown back miniturized, and call it regrowth. ( technically it is regrowth, but each cycle grows back to a smaller endpoint, and ulitmately doent grow back at all, or so small you cant see it).

in short, dont get suckered in
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:36 am

rofl wrote:'He couldn't even be bothered to video his progress, yet conveniently finds the time to find a video camera after his hair is 100% "restored".'

this is a very good point.  also be wary of before after pics that have been reversed, are brighter in the before, and darker (or higher contrast) in the after, wetter in the before and dryer in the after, different lengths, different combing, etc.  also its very easy to take photos of hairs that have grown back miniturized, and call it regrowth.  ( technically it is regrowth, but each cycle grows back to a smaller endpoint, and ulitmately doent grow back at all, or so small you cant see it).

in short, dont get suckered in

Yep, absolutely. These idiot shills never give up. If it's not giving Rob $30, it's plugging bian stones, rubber head massagers or leading you into their online music store.

Anyways, I know I've said this on a number of occasions, but I really have nothing more to say on any of this, it's a complete waste of precious life (although it was amusing exposing the bullshit artists).
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  MovieJunkie89 Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:08 am

I've been doing this for 3 weeks and my hair feels great. I sometimes use Peppermint oil before I start DT, would you guys recommend this or not? It feels great but I don't know if I should be combining topicals with DT.

MovieJunkie89

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:21 am

MovieJunkie89 wrote:I've been doing this for 3 weeks and my hair feels great. I sometimes use Peppermint oil before I start DT, would you guys recommend this or not? It feels great but I don't know if I should be combining topicals with DT.

Be careful, if you notice your fingernails digging into your scalp you may be making it easier for the peppermint oil to absorb and go even more systematic. Google peppermit oil and gynecomastia.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:56 am

MovieJunkie89 wrote:I've been doing this for 3 weeks and my hair feels great. I sometimes use Peppermint oil before I start DT, would you guys recommend this or not? It feels great but I don't know if I should be combining topicals with DT.

I mentioned to Rob that I use Sage's topical along with DT, and he told me it's fine if that helps.

As for the peppermint, the side effect Odin mentioned would be a huge downside

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotspur Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:59 am

Xenon wrote:

^^Fixed Twisted Evil

Ah, my stalker's back. Poor guy's working so hard to convince everyone I didn't hurt his feelings.

Thanks for posting those pics PPP.

Hotspur

Back to top Go down

Post  Reborn Hair PPP Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:56 am

Hotspur wrote:
Xenon wrote:

^^Fixed Twisted Evil

Ah, my stalker's back. Poor guy's working so hard to convince everyone I didn't hurt his feelings.

Thanks for posting those pics PPP.

Hey Hotspur,

My pleasure. I hope my regrowth pics serves as a means for legitimacy and hope.

I will post more pics soon maybe around month 7 if anything significant changes.

Reborn Hair PPP
Reborn Hair PPP

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:29 am

By the way, any ideas on how to get MSM powder to stay on my scalp while it penetrates the skin?  I'm using a mixture of MSM and distilled water (15-20g MSM to 300 ounces of water), but it just rolls off almost immediately, so I started to just saturate my problem areas with ACV and then take some MSM powder and rub it into the area. When it dries I can see MSM residue on the hair itself and forehead, etc.

Any thoughts?  Thanks

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next