Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 22 EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 22 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 22 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 22 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 22 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 22 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 22 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 22 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+78
StillSomeTime
Hotspur
Dannyboy
zarathustra
australian
egghead
thisainteasy
SuperMechanioventraliosis
HairOfReason
Serge
gatorNic
Sage 1
johndoe1225
Organism
NW0
Columbo
Faither
BE-COOL
MikeGore
Oker
CausticSymmetry
TheDivineMarquis
RAptor
Nanas
Denied
NotPatrickStewart
focuspoint
rukongai
bitvortex
Hole
theseeker86
dzeris
cloud201
alphadelta
drex1999
YAER
Ho Chi Minh
Brabus
Mageik
gorilla_power
rayl
alb_ert
sanderson
Joey Ramone
rofl
MrGalea
chubbfrank
Duketronix
tooyoungforthis
NDW
PotentPotential
Xenon
Jay07
stanis
Amin80
hairyshowers
SonofOdin
OpenBook
Complexx
berti
Aeons7
schpiloch123
hiilikeyourbeard
stresssucks
Slimnuts
bov51
CaptainGiggles
Florain
sizzlinghairs
Buster121
xyro
ANewHope
Growdamnit
fghjfghj
deleteme
NYJets
Biffy
Keanoseg
82 posters

Page 22 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 22 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  sizzlinghairs Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:28 am

Couple questions:

1) could I get some feedback on my above comment about any contraindication when combining topical/internal anti inflammatories with DT?

2) Does anyone ever get tingling/numbness in their finger tips after a DT session? Man, it just feels so taxing on wrists hands.. (Even when I'm using bian stones)

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 22 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Growdamnit Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:10 pm

Do you guys still get the sunburn feeling after you massage? My head hurts the day after.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:56 pm

Odin, how fast did it take you to experience regrowth from fin? I'm not interested in using it, I'm just curious about the effectiveness of dht blocking and regrowth.

Also did you notice a marked difference in skin tone prior to terminals coming through? I ask because I have these slightly pale patches of skin where my temples have receded. Now each time I've regrown some hair, the pale patches become a shade darker and match my over all skin colour. I'm experiencing this in parts of my lower temples right now. IDK if this indicates improved circulation, but it sure is an interesting correlation.

P.S. DTrs I'm not desecrating your shrine, so please no pre-emptive strikes Very Happy
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:03 am

Only very recently have I been able to determine with certainty that I'm above baseline. So, it took me nearly 6 months.

Also, interesting observation. I don't know if it is the lighting but my before pics display very pale, unhealthy looking skin versus how it appears now. In contrast however, when my massive shed into NW4 was happening my scalp was very red and inflamed, and my hair felt as lifeless as straw.  

But... keep in mind the vast majority get no regrowth from inhibiting DHT, only prevent further loss. What I have going for me is all my loss is very recent. I was a NW1.5 a little over a year ago, so maybe that's why I'm gaining a little ground back.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:39 pm

Question: How long did it take for everyone to feel like it was easier to pinch?

I been doing, even with stones, since 2/21 and it feels like running a marathon every time :/

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:48 am

I have had no luck whatsoever. What gives?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:21 pm

No luck with pinching getting easier or no results

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:57 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:No luck with pinching getting easier or no results
Pinching has certainly gotten easier, but I have no regrowth. I am still shedding slowly. Some days my hair looks better, some days it doesn't. My scalp is looking healthier, but I now am shedding dead skin in the middle of my hairline which has never happened before.

With all that aside, I added both the pure MSM crystals on the tongue and thyroid boost to my regimen (both recommended by CS).

It is both hilarious and scary at the same time. DT has yet to work for me, caution to all of those who are out there.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:02 pm

Growdamnit wrote:I have had no luck whatsoever. What gives?

The majority who have had results have been slow receders and early norwoods. I think hiilikeyourbeard was a pretty high NW but the others, no. My theory is DT alone is not enough for hair loss that is at least somewhat aggressive because all it really is is a growth stim that gives the follicle the 'opportunity' to thrive again by stimulating it but if your system is aggressively attacking its follicles it'll be stimulated, killed, stimulated, killed... and there will be nothing to show for it except for possibly slower loss, and improved hair quality. Which...still may be benefits worth maintaining the therapy.

Match the severity of your hair loss with the intensity of your regimen. If your opponents bring out tanks, do not bring out horses.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:07 pm

I have nearly maintained my receding hairline for about 3-4 years without much receding. Still around a NW2/2.5.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:44 am

Growdamnit wrote:I have nearly maintained my receding hairline for about 3-4 years without much receding. Still around a NW2/2.5.

Then give it a full year of pinching to assess. I'm only now seeing visible results after 6 months of both fin and doing DT double the duration as you(60-80min) + stones. On a side note I don't even see the issue. Most men notice their loss around NW2ish cause NW1 is just a mature hairline. The goal is usually to prevent anymore loss and you've done that - naturally. This is something few on this forum have accomplished, and also something people on meds cannot always do. I think your perfectionism is preventing you from appreciating your accomplishment. What have you done consistently in the past 3-4 years that might have prevented the recession?
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:00 am

I'm only 24 now, so age could be a massive factor. I just watched my diet and exercised a lot. Have been on the IH6 but that's it for consistency.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Denied Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:15 am

Hey, new guy here. Been reading the forum for several months and decided to finally join. My temples started receding when I was 20ish and it slowly progressed from there. I've never really done anything about the balding partly because most of the treatments involve either drugs or costly surgery. I refuse to take drugs because of the side effects and I don't want spend money on surgery. I figured I'd give DT a try and have no problem sticking with it for a year.  

Since this thread is seriously lacking some progress photos, here are my baseline photos taken today with a 700watt bulb shining right at my head, lol. That's me at almost 30 years old. Shit, I'm cringing just looking at them.

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 22 March_11_2015Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 22 March_11_2015_2

I don't smoke or do drugs. Hardly ever drink. Lift weights 4 times a week. My diet is probably better than the average American - drink only water, try to stay away from the sweets. However, because of the weight lifting I have to eat a lot of food which mostly consists of organic chicken, wild salmon, eggs, brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes, and some veggies here and there. Oh yeah, and Chipotle. Damn I love Chipotle.

In addition to DT, I figured I'll add the apple cider vinegar, running on the days that I don't lift, and stop fapping all together.

Honestly, I'm skeptical. If this doesn't work I'll probably shave my head - which is something that I was planning on doing in a year anyway. I'll be back every month with progress photos.

Denied.

Denied

Back to top Go down

Post  Nanas Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:23 am

Ive been experiencing with topical zinc which seems to be working...check out 'waseda zinc oxide formula' and also 'super zix 2' - which contains Zinc, B6, and Beta Sitosterol as main Ingredients.
These are very cheap to make and seems to be effective.
I also started dermarollering at 0.75mm (7$-8$ on ebay) , im doing it gently almost everyday. besides of making topicals absorb  better it also promote blood circualtion and growth factors via wound healing mechanism - seems to be effective.

Will go also for inversion 10 minutes a day and cold shower.

Breathing exercise like Pranayama will force alot of oxygen inside and get rid of excess Co2 - Really Great effect on body and mind.

Also very important is to check what kind of foods and habits/lifestyle will results in inflamation, and what combination will make your scalp inflamed - i.e Fapping and smoking ganja - for me very bad combination.
adding tobacco and alcohol to anything will be a bad bet as well. (Ganja Alone - without tobacco - no problem)

**Nothing will work as it should until you manage your stress level and getting rid of negativity.
this is the hard part as one should Really go throughout a change and it requires self discipline and attention.
This Can be achieved (among other things) through practice of meditation - its one of the best things you can ever do.  
It will make EVERYTHING works better - Stressed body cannot generate enough mitochondrial energy , Thus cannot absorb nutrients efficiently and cannot detoxify as well.

Everything Is Possible

Nanas

Back to top Go down

Post  stanis Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:09 am

Nanas wrote:**Nothing will work as it should until you manage your stress level and getting rid of negativity.
this is the hard part as one should Really go throughout a change and it requires self discipline and attention.
This Can be achieved (among other things) through practice of meditation - its one of the best things you can ever do.
It will make EVERYTHING works better - Stressed body cannot generate enough mitochondrial energy , Thus cannot absorb nutrients efficiently and cannot detoxify as well.

Everything Is Possible

This is an excellent message. I wish it was that simple, but yes understanding and controlling stress is an absolute must as a lot of processes in the body are controlled by the nervous system, and chronic stress is one of the few things that are really just black/white. In this case - black.

Meditation can be effective, if you are already somewhat present, if your mind/body is really under a lot of stress some things prior to that are needed, like going for a walk in fresh air can be effective, relaxing bath with neutral temperature water, and so on, everyone has to find this for themselves.

Appart from this, I think everybody would benefit from a controlled and tested supplementation for the nerves. Sometimes B - vitamins, sometimes magnesium, and so on. Getting the digestive system working as well, if the gut is under a lot of stress, being relaxed can be hard.
In any case, try to manage stress as best as you can without additional stress. And most importantly, GIVE YOURSELF SOME TIME. Body is really complex and nobody understands it 100% in it's entirety, therefore you should refuse anything else other than a complete approach.

Work mentally, work on metabolic health, relax and give yourself some time. Open up to different things in life even though the society is telling you not to, you are the one who's seeking answers not them, forget them. And additionaly, DT might be effective , but it should be practiced alongside stress reduction and nourishment. Keep the threads positive, in these times positivity is one of the more helpful things!

stanis

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:47 pm

Speaking of time I'm adding hibernation to my regimen. Going to sleep as much as humanly possible because time speeds up while asleep. I'll get my hair even quicker if my regimen works just by being extremely well rested... maybe this will reduce stress as well. Serious post by the way. Going to be really productive and go hard every day so I'm exhausted enough to do longish sleeping sessions.

Unrelated to the growth of my hair but I feel like I'm getting some small bumps on my head from DT, maybe they're small wounds but can't really see cause of my hair. If anything comes of it I'll keep everyone posted.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hole Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:47 am

I have a feeling many people expect DT to show results after 1 day.

My experience after 5 months doing it badly, and 2 half doing it properly. I am gaining ground in general. The whole frontal line is more defined. Skin that was white as changed tonality to a darker brown, may as well be shadow from all the new vellus and random hair starting to grow.

What I can see from DT is that the process is proportionally inverse to that of hairloss, meaning I got first some larger vellus which falls and grow again months later now pigmented and thicker. I can also see that apart from extremely thick hair popping out randomly here and there, the filling starts always closer to areas where there is already existing hair.

To those expecting miraculous growth. Remember the 3 stages of hair growth: anagen, catagen and telogen phases and the timing and duration of each phase. Also DT alone doesn't address the DHT issue, for this you will need to find the root for your imbalance and make a change in diet or lifestyle, or take a mass bomb shortcut pill. I am going for the lifestyle change.

You are doing DT properly if you still feel the sensation of the massage on your scalp hours later you did DT. Also you need to be peeling dead skin. This dead skin is big, not like dandruff.

Good luck everyone.

Hole

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:11 pm

Was just thinking about something, popped into my head as I was doing a DT session.

Does anyone think there is anyway we could be doing damage to small arteries/veins/capillaries in our scalps from pressing down so hard all the time?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  alphadelta Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:53 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:Was just thinking about something, popped into my head as I was doing a DT session.

Does anyone think there is anyway we could be doing damage to small arteries/veins/capillaries in our scalps from pressing down so hard all the time?

i think there will be very likely some minor damage as well as some inflammation.

similarly to how strength training creates microdamage in the muscles, which your body will recognize and heal and supercompensate for, then after some time you will be stronger than before.

to draw another analogy, which probably will sound weird but just look at the people from the pegym forum. creating small damage in the long term creates bigger... units Very Happy

so guess one needs some stimulus for the body to adapt to, its more important to find the right amount and intensity

overtraining is bad damage and can lead to injury
to much jelqing... well yeah dont do either

guessing then DT should be done hard, but not so hard that your whole scalp comes of. Also doing it lets say 8 hours a day
over longterm probably well lead to more harm. The body needs time to recuperate

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:51 am

I just can't help but visualize a crushing of small capillaries etc when im doing a session.

And I understand how muscular/smooth muscle can breakdown and get bigger/stronger but I wasnt aware this would be the case with actual blood vessels..

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:49 am

I don't know how far in I am with the pinching technique (I had started pressing for a good 9-10 months prior). In the past month, my scalp is insanely thinner at my temples and is easier to pinch. I barely have hard substance underneath my scalp, if any. I am just reporting in that my scalp is much, much, much thinner and doesn't hurt as badly.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  alphadelta Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:15 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:I just can't help but visualize a crushing of small capillaries etc when im doing a session.

And I understand how muscular/smooth muscle can breakdown and get bigger/stronger but I wasnt aware this would be the case with actual blood vessels..

As far as i know it is possible and will probably happen with DT

Angiogenesis

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  ANewHope Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:00 am

Growdamnit wrote:I don't know how far in I am with the pinching technique (I had started pressing for a good 9-10 months prior). In the past month, my scalp is insanely thinner at my temples and is easier to pinch. I barely have hard substance underneath my scalp, if any. I am just reporting in that my scalp is much, much, much thinner and doesn't hurt as badly.
And what's your hair situation after those months ? Did you experience some regrowth ?

ANewHope

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:08 pm

ANewHope wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:I don't know how far in I am with the pinching technique (I had started pressing for a good 9-10 months prior). In the past month, my scalp is insanely thinner at my temples and is easier to pinch. I barely have hard substance underneath my scalp, if any. I am just reporting in that my scalp is much, much, much thinner and doesn't hurt as badly.
And what's your hair situation after those months ? Did you experience some regrowth ?
No fucking regrowth.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptainGiggles Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:22 pm

Who here has actually experienced some form of regrowth from this method?

I think its time we stopped deluding ourselves and everyone else.
CaptainGiggles
CaptainGiggles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next