Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 EmptyYesterday at 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+109
CausticSymmetry
playmaker
helpmyhair1
Keanoseg
Jonoh
demgains77
element46
nicks
whodathunkit
deleteme
nvmmm
iuyyighghghgkh
goten574
jlj
nidhogge
RAptor
ANewHope
DeadlyDevice
Odysseus
nobodyknowsthetruth
darkknight
egodust
MrGalea
xyro
gbp2000
rob PHH
hairhat
Rob39
ngb
yup
TM1026
Younganddetermined
Slimnuts
dickadlop
CaptainGiggles
miki9
abetz85
bananasinpajamas
Colum
unfortunate
Growdamnit
Wlac89
hairyshowers
JamesDean
angstman
Xenon
lamka
lookalike
Hali-L
john walters
Shinobi
Jay07
chubbfrank
Misirlou
lutz
rogerd
turbojet
arnie
alphadelta
Thin in FL
Abyad
Biffy
Dannyboy
NYJets
pomme
CF
hiilikeyourbeard
NDW
stresssucks
Elephantor
vg
mistermr
bov51
JDawg
researchingeverything
rayl
hairisthickening
Joey Ramone
The Liberator
Manoko
gg4545
crysanthium
sanderson
BelieveInIt
Duketronix
Pumbaa
theseeker86
YAER
Grub
gingerbread
Live forever
jkj86
Complexx
invinoveritas
Hoppipolla
retrohair
tcpratt
sizzlinghairs
dudebro
bocor
mp
RisingFist
Hairy Potter
rofl
nzbalda
TNT
i_love_you
drex1999
113 posters

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  DeadlyDevice Mon May 12, 2014 1:16 am

Even if the idea behind detumescence is wrong, this study says that mechanical stimulation of the scalp can do something useful in other ways:

http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateMassageStimulateHairGrowth9-13.html

Effect of stretching force on human hair dermal papilla cells: possibility of manipulating mechanobiology to induce hair regeneration
T Koyama1,2, R Ogawa3, K Kobayashi1,2, T Hama4 and H Hyakusoku3 1Josai Clinic, Tokyo, Japan; 2NPO Future Medical Laboratory, Tokyo, Japan; 3Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan and 4ANGFA Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan

Introduction:Mechanical forces have an important role in regeneration of tissues, such as bone, cartilage, blood vessels, and myocardium. For hair regeneration, interaction of hair dermal papilla cells (HDPCs) with hair matrix cells is essential. Our hypothesis is that appropriate mechanical stimulation on the HDPCs may enhance its interaction with hair matrix cells to accelerate hair regrowth. As our first step, we evaluated the effect of a stretching force on HDPCs by analyzing the gene expression of stretch-stimulated HDPCs.;

Methods: A commercialized cell line of HDPCs was cultured with 10% fetal bovine serumcontaining Dulbecco’s Eagle medium. Thereafter, 1x105 of three-passaged cells were seeded on a silicone chamber that can be stretched cyclically by computer modulation. The stretching stimulation was set as 20% stretch, 10 cycles/min every 24 hrs. Thereafter, the cells were harvested and their gene expression was analyzed using cDNA microarray methods.

Results
: The HDPCs aligned themselves perpendicularly to the stretching direction 72 hours after stretching, whereas the non-stretched cells showed a random distribution. After 24 hours of stretching, 373 and 407 genes were upregulated and downregulated, respectively (n=5). After 72 hours of stretching, 2655 and 2823 genes were upregulated and downregulated, respectively (n=5). The upregulated genes included hair growth genes such as VEGF, WNT, BMP, and PDGF, and the downregulated genes included hair-removing genes such as IL-6 and TNF.

Conclusion: An optimal stretching/stimulation force applied for a suitably long period can up-regulate hair growth genes and down-regulate hair removal genes in HDPCs. Thus,mechanical force may be useful in hair tissue engineering. In addition, mechanical stimulation and/or sufficient massage of the scalp may be a natural, easy, and economical way to stimulate hair growth. Further studies will be required to understand the effect of mechanical force in hair regeneration.

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  demgains77 Mon May 12, 2014 2:10 am

element46 wrote:Hi All,

I've been meaning to post for a while, but just getting around to it now. I think I have some interesting points for everyone to consider.

I have been doing the detumescence therapy for a few months however I am not very consistent with it because its been working so well. I probably do 10 mins every second or third day on my problem spots, which is nothing like the 2x20 mins a day in study. I think because I'm only starting to thin on my crown and front that I can see more quickly what works than others who have been slick bald in areas for years.

Along with drex1999's recent long post I want to address the method people are using to describe how to do the "massage". First of all, its not a massage, this will confuse things, its a knead or a press. Your fingers should not be sliding over your skin/hair. The way I've been doing the kneading, is to just press down in one spot very hard, to the threshold of pain felt in my fingers and scalp. The study talks about skin in the areas of hairloss being thick. When I first started doing the pressing, over about 30secs of one press, my fingers would sink into my skin. I would make a crater, this was not possible where my skin/hair was not falling like sides, back, etc. The crater would feel like 0.5cm deep, which is substantial. To see what I mean, you can get a pen or pencil and hold it perpendicular to your shin and press it in real hard for at least 30 secs, yes it hurts lot. I used to do this as a kid along the whole length of my skin to create a washboard type ripple, you can basically create a pencil shaped depression in your shin "bone". However, this is more likely just fluid of some sort in the skin being slowly pushed to the surrounding tissue in those 30 secs. On the scalp I can make the same depression however I notice alot of "grease", oil when doing it there, which supports what they're saying in the study. I thought when I started that my skin in these areas was really thin because it felt tough and solid, I thought I was feeling my skull bone and so I avoiding touching it too hard thinking I would damage the skin further. However after pressing for 30 secs and forming a crater, I realised this is not bone. I was very surprised! After making the first crater I would make another beside it to bring the skin to the same level, then I would press on the crater "edges"/"rim" to flatten those out also, I would repeat this until the skin would not go any lower and all the surface shape had changed. I realised that I was able to do what they state in the study, to make my skull "round", since I had a big ridge/protrusion along the top of my scalp. Then the next day the ridge would return and I would press/knead it away. It took about 3 weeks of this until I felt something different, I reached my actual skull! So its clear that I had moved grease or something out of the way and my skin thickness had decreased, but it was a slow process. Now maybe 2 or 3 months later my ridge skin feels thin and I can feel my lumpy suture bone area. Also the craters I make now are much less deep than when I started and only slighty deeper than the craters I make on the sides of my head. However the shape of my skull has not changed greatly. I think I will always have a ridge because thats how the bone is shaped, its just much less prominent. I have a theory that the reason balding is patterned is something to do with the skull sutures since there is some spatial correlation, maybe some calcification process is promoted in these areas (to encourage the sutures to fuse/not reopen) but something goes wrong and the skin becomes fibrous??? Maybe the calcification is what traps the oil because thats where this thick tissue builds up???... So anyway its possible grease oil is being pushed out and some calcification/fibrosis is being broken up with DT.

I should also say that I I think some of my regrowth is from my hair washing alternative. I have not used shampoo for the last year at all and for years prior was quite infrequent used also. I dont like the idea of putting all sorts of chemicals on my scalp that man didnt need until the last 50 years, it doesnt make sense. Surely there is some equilibrium the body establishes with the amount of oil production when one doesnt wash and the scalp is healthy. Anyway, I invented a good sort of cleanse for my scalp to combat the possibility of an infection in the skin as CS has pointed out studies of. I think this is a possibility because of the dandruff, excess oil, general inflammation and itchiness in my balding areas. And if the trapped grease, oil, calcification is stopping bloodflow, the body doesnt have a way to combat it and so the bacteria can flourish and grow beyond what the body would normally permit. So, the "cleanse" is to put a few drops of 10% lugols iodine solution into a full waterpik container and waterpik my scalp on the highest setting "10". For those who aren't familiar with waterpik they are dental water jets that are used to remove plaque and get food, etc. in between your teeth and also wash gingival and periodontal pockets. Its quite painful as it is quite a strong jet but hasn't damaged my hair since using it for over a year. It feels amazing afterwards as the whole area burns. Its like your entire scalp is being heated. I know the burn is due to the iodine since doing it water only produces no burn. Its also great for clearing away the sand like substance that I used to find all over my scalp, which are possibly calcification deposits that the skin has pushed out. (side note: would be a good way to track if one is trying to stop calcification with K2, magnesium, boron, etc. supplements.) Since doing it I've noticed less dandruff and scab like material, much reduced itchyness(bacteria controlled?) and also some regrowth of strong terminal hairs. But I think the most foundational way to solve dandruff problems is to eat more liver and high zinc foods since Vit A and zinc status have been shown to control it, there is a good thread on a ray peat forum about this. I have experimented with ratios of Vit A and zinc and they are influential on skin sebum/oil levels. (I dried my skin and even eyes out too much by going too high on Vit A.)

So at the moment my theory on hair loss involves possibilities of infection in the skin, calcification processes and oil buildup etc.. These are obviously influenced by general health, thyroid health(iodine) esp, diet/nutrition(every should read Western A Price), toxicity load and some genetic components. I think the manual methods people are using are helpful since the body is able to heal, it does this constantly. However it seems most manuals like brushing only deal with the superficial later of skin(i.e. they work by getting blood to flow to the area and the body does the rest), whereas DT is finally a way to stimulate the body to heal deeper layers of skin. Since I saw this to be true from doing DT therapy myself, it occurred to me to google similar deep kneading massage for other problems. Since I have suspected all moles (esp since they can become cancerous..) and facial blemishes to be abnormalities of skin I looked to see if anyone had tried to knead their skin in other areas than the scalp. I was astonished to find the results of a one "Mukunda M" that frequents the yahoo answers site and other forums(google "Mukunda M" to see). This person has no less than 5,700 posts on yahoo answers. He generally replies to queries about how to remove moles, freckles, wrinkles, acne. He states that when he was young, he was rubbing his face to try improve pigmentation, acne, etc. and was surprised that along with it removing pigmentation, freckles etc, it made some moles vanish! Interestingly his method appears very similar to DT. He says to rub firmly for 30 mins a day using any oil except toxic seed oils, he says it require weeks to see improvements... this is basically the same as DT and people reply and say they have been able to improve their skin, while moles and blemishes disappear! I saw that his claims were quite broad then occurred to me that he might have something to say about hairloss, well what do you know, he has a lot of replies on yahoo answers for guys wanting to solve their hairloss. and the procedure is basically the same, get some oil and deep massage it into the scalp for 30 mins a day. He also says to get a millitary brush and do a lot of brushing. He says he has been able to keep his hair while his two other brothers and his father have all lost most of their hair. He also says not to use any products on your skin, including sunscreen as they are all toxic and many see improvements just from stopping use of them.

I have not completely regrown my hair, but what I have seen so far suggests it will all come back, however only time will tell. I think we do not give the body enough credit. It can heal its own tissue better than any product if it is just supplied with the right materials(as in diet, some peptides, or some other fancy marketing hype) and its healing mechanisms are stimulated locally by various methods.

Along with the evidence I've already presented I think Tom Hagertys ideas are supportive, it seems he can create blood flow by filling muscles with blood some of which would reach hair. The manual guys treat the superficial layers. However DT deals with all the skin layers, but I think it must be particularly good at stimulating the healing of deeper tissues.

Also I'll point out this website where "skin stretching" has been shown to encourage skin fibroblasts, etc... "Most studies are pointing to these cells as the possible be-all-end-all in tissue rejuvenation. Fibroblast cells found in the connective tissue produce and secrete fibers (collagens, elastic fibers and other substances), especially during wound healing and tissue repair."
http://www.prlog.org/11842974-flexeffectcom-promotes-scientifically-proven-stretching-exercises-for-the-face-to-combat-aging.html
and the 65 yr old creators thick healthy looking, mole free skin: http://www.flexeffect.com/debpic.htm

Mukunda M example yahoo answers reply about how to regrow hair:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140319003154AAcBxGx

Mukunda M example yahoo answers reply about how to remove moles:
https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120123191446AAUT0nL
Great post, thanks for the information. I definitely get big "craters" in the balding areas.

A question though, is there a more efficient/less painful way to do this? I don't mind the scalp pain but the ends of my fingers are in great pain before i have kneaded much of my scalp. Will my fingers strengthen over time?

demgains77

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Mon May 12, 2014 2:41 am

^^^ demgains, you could try alternating between your fingertips and knuckles when pressing - it may help give your fingers a rest?

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  demgains77 Mon May 12, 2014 5:15 am

Hairy Potter wrote:^^^ demgains, you could try alternating between your fingertips and knuckles when pressing - it may help give your fingers a rest?
Thanks Hairy potter, using the knuckles works great as well!

demgains77

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Mon May 12, 2014 5:38 am

demgains77 wrote:
Hairy Potter wrote:^^^ demgains, you could try alternating between your fingertips and knuckles when pressing - it may help give your fingers a rest?
Thanks Hairy potter, using the knuckles works great as well!

No worries man - and yes, your fingers will gradually strengthen :-)

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Mon May 12, 2014 9:12 am

crazy that the cures for a lot of things seem pretty similar. get the body right and it will heal itself. break your scalp down to it's original shape and thickness and i'm pretty sure you're gonna grow your hair back
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Mon May 12, 2014 9:16 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Also , do you have a link to the brush you used?

Iono why you keep asking me all these questions, i doubt theres some kind of magic way of brushing your scalp but I brush all over my scalp but I did put more effort on the area that was thinning. I used the same brush as ferox that was bought from germany from ferox. Im not the kind of guy that go half ass on anything.

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Mon May 12, 2014 12:07 pm

Double post.

Last edited by Growdamnit on Mon May 12, 2014 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Mon May 12, 2014 12:07 pm

boogv510 wrote:Im not the kind of guy that go half ass on anything.
Neither am I. I need to stick to this and I will most certainly let you all know if it works.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  bananasinpajamas Mon May 12, 2014 5:24 pm

DeadlyDevice wrote:Even if the idea behind detumescence is wrong, this study says that mechanical stimulation of the scalp can do something useful in other ways:

http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateMassageStimulateHairGrowth9-13.html

Effect of stretching force on human hair dermal papilla cells: possibility of manipulating mechanobiology to induce hair regeneration
T Koyama1,2, R Ogawa3, K Kobayashi1,2, T Hama4 and H Hyakusoku3 1Josai Clinic, Tokyo, Japan; 2NPO Future Medical Laboratory, Tokyo, Japan; 3Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan and 4ANGFA Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan

Introduction:Mechanical forces have an important role in regeneration of tissues, such as bone, cartilage, blood vessels, and myocardium. For hair regeneration, interaction of hair dermal papilla cells (HDPCs) with hair matrix cells is essential. Our hypothesis is that appropriate mechanical stimulation on the HDPCs may enhance its interaction with hair matrix cells to accelerate hair regrowth. As our first step, we evaluated the effect of a stretching force on HDPCs by analyzing the gene expression of stretch-stimulated HDPCs.;

Methods: A commercialized cell line of HDPCs was cultured with 10% fetal bovine serumcontaining Dulbecco’s Eagle medium. Thereafter, 1x105 of three-passaged cells were seeded on a silicone chamber that can be stretched cyclically by computer modulation. The stretching stimulation was set as 20% stretch, 10 cycles/min every 24 hrs. Thereafter, the cells were harvested and their gene expression was analyzed using cDNA microarray methods.

Results
: The HDPCs aligned themselves perpendicularly to the stretching direction 72 hours after stretching, whereas the non-stretched cells showed a random distribution. After 24 hours of stretching, 373 and 407 genes were upregulated and downregulated, respectively (n=5). After 72 hours of stretching, 2655 and 2823 genes were upregulated and downregulated, respectively (n=5). The upregulated genes included hair growth genes such as VEGF, WNT, BMP, and PDGF, and the downregulated genes included hair-removing genes such as IL-6 and TNF.

Conclusion: An optimal stretching/stimulation force applied for a suitably long period can up-regulate hair growth genes and down-regulate hair removal genes in HDPCs. Thus,mechanical force may be useful in hair tissue engineering. In addition, mechanical stimulation and/or sufficient massage of the scalp may be a natural, easy, and economical way to stimulate hair growth. Further studies will be required to understand the effect of mechanical force in hair regeneration.

Totally agree and this was my first assumption. The HK study observed phenomena and made a hypothesis to their relation. But they were just hypothesis. They had no evidence with regards to "trapped grease" stuck inside the scalp. Friction massage could have led to increased sebum production during the massage. Who knows..

In contrast the study you posted above not only recorded the observed phenomena of hair growth but also went deeper and found out the reasons for it at the molecular level.

I believe the Maliniak method might be all about the massage. In his method you move both sides of the scalp up and down. Basically you are stretching the top part of the scalp just like in the japanese study above!

bananasinpajamas

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Tue May 13, 2014 1:30 pm

I read this forum and all I can see is you all have gone to great lengths to complicate the easiest thing in the world to do: Massage your head firmly and vigorously for 20 mins twice a day.

90% of the re-growth comes off of existing hair a little bit at a time which means, just like the study says, the capillary network is blocked and this process allows it to regain ground as you clear the way. Now, before you all throw 100 theories out there as to what is blocking the way, lets look at what happens when you do this. The first months grease and oil pour out of your head. Your fingers slide all over the place and there is no doing nothing after your massage because it looks like you dunked your head in a vat of Crisco. Then for a few more months, grease still comes out but at a reduced rate. Want to know what comes out in month 7? Glue! Your fingers stick to your head. At this sticky glue point, you notice your are gaining clusters of hairs at a greater radius coming off existing hair. Gains of 1/4 inch increments become gains of 1" increments. So, when I look at the ever changing parade of goop coming out of my scalp and the incremental progression of hair as the goop is removed tell me one thing. The study is right.

There is a study showing how to regrow all your hair, something that has never been done before and even though it is working, nobody wants to believe it's right. That means all you guys with your derma rollers aren't doing chit when it comes to this process unless the needles are hollowed out and hooked to a vacuum hose. One guy asked if he could do it for half the time. Well, if it takes 40 mins a days of working this stuff out and you are lazy sack, then feel free to take 2 years to make this work for you.

Seriously, just get to work on it. Payoff increases the farther into the 10 month run you go.

Month 7, bigger area gains begin. (once it starts, it fills in within weeks now that new ground was broken) This is the back of the right temple (and note the camera sees this 1-2 months before my eyes will) This will fill with other hairs quickly but won't become apparent visually before end of June the earliest. Take your own pictures or you will always be 2 months behind in discovery)
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 026_zps7beaa812

Last edited by drex1999 on Tue May 13, 2014 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Tue May 13, 2014 2:06 pm

When did you really notice it to start working. I'm 2 1/2 months in and have yet to see any improvement. Yes, I do 20 minutes, two times a day.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Tue May 13, 2014 2:25 pm

Between month 3-4 with a camera. Between 4-5 without one by eye. In truth, it could have already started for you. Only your camera can tell. I'd start taking pics from an inch or two away now for if not discovery, then for comparison when it starts. Just pick an easy area and always go back to it. The rest of your head will be reacting the same way

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  nicks Tue May 13, 2014 2:40 pm

I just noticed dried white stuff on my scalp today after day 4 of DT, this may be the key after all ^_^

nicks

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Tue May 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Growdamnit wrote:When did you really notice it to start working. I'm 2 1/2 months in and have yet to see any improvement. Yes, I do 20 minutes, two times a day.

how long it takes to see improvement also depends on how long you've been losing your hair and how much of it you've lost. i actually lost more before i starting seeing results so there's that
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Tue May 13, 2014 4:58 pm

drex1999 wrote:Between month 3-4 with a camera. Between 4-5 without one by eye. In truth, it could have already started for you. Only your camera can tell. I'd start taking pics from an inch or two away now for if not discovery, then for comparison when it starts. Just pick an easy area and always go back to it. The rest of your head will be reacting the same way

so drex are you using castor oil?
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay07 Tue May 13, 2014 6:46 pm

drex1999 wrote:I read this forum and all I can see is you all have gone to great lengths to complicate the easiest thing in the world to do: Massage your head firmly and vigorously for 20 mins twice a day.

90% of the re-growth comes off of existing hair a little bit at a time which means, just like the study says, the capillary network is blocked and this process allows it to regain ground as you clear the way. Now, before you all throw 100 theories out there as to what is blocking the way, lets look at what happens when you do this. The first months grease and oil pour out of your head. Your fingers slide all over the place and there is no doing nothing after your massage because it looks like you dunked your head in a vat of Crisco. Then for a few more months, grease still comes out but at a reduced rate. Want to know what comes out in month 7? Glue! Your fingers stick to your head. At this sticky glue point, you notice your are gaining clusters of hairs at a greater radius coming off existing hair. Gains of 1/4 inch increments become gains of 1" increments. So, when I look at the ever changing parade of goop coming out of my scalp and the incremental progression of hair as the goop is removed tell me one thing. The study is right.

There is a study showing how to regrow all your hair, something that has never been done before and even though it is working, nobody wants to believe it's right. That means all you guys with your derma rollers aren't doing chit when it comes to this process unless the needles are hollowed out and hooked to a vacuum hose. One guy asked if he could do it for half the time. Well, if it takes 40 mins a days of working this stuff out and you are lazy sack, then feel free to take 2 years to make this work for you.

Seriously, just get to work on it. Payoff increases the farther into the 10 month run you go.

Month 7, bigger area gains begin. (once it starts, it fills in within weeks now that new ground was broken) This is the back of the right temple (and note the camera sees this 1-2 months before my eyes will) This will fill with other hairs quickly but won't become apparent visually before end of June the earliest. Take your own pictures or you will always be 2 months behind in discovery)
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 026_zps7beaa812

Nice post Drexx thanks. Can you tell me, are you brushing your scalp with a boar brush? Or is there no need?

Jay07

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue May 13, 2014 8:57 pm

I've been continuing with the massages and have been waking up with thick layers of sebum around my temples. The "bulging white patches" continue to diminish. I've also noticed an isolated white patch near the centre of my forehead. I am somewhat inclined to surmise that these bulging white patches are some sort of lipid which has built up in the underlying tissues over time and are reducing bloodflow. I mean, as they are disappearing my scalp is producing more grease, so this might well be the case.

I'm at odds to say precisely what kind of lipid this is, but sterols require more oxygen to metabolize, and due to the scalp being tight, it could be that it doesn't have enough oxygen to metabolize these sterols and maybe they begin to build up. However, this somewhat reverts back to the DHT clogging theory, so I just don't know for certain if this is accurate or not. But the fact that these white bulging patches are diminishing and my scalp is producing more grease, might indicate that there is some sort of clogging going on here.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 Empty Would be good to have grease analysed

Post  deleteme Tue May 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Then we could aid the massage in decreasing further. I use a shampoo with emu oil coconut oil and castor oil. Sometimes I use emu oil by itself. The shampoo seems to be bringing results but I don't know if it DT. Would you suggest staying away from oils to be safe? Thanks drex

deleteme

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonoh Tue May 13, 2014 11:34 pm

Has anyone else noticed increased shedding whilst actually doing the massage? I'm losing a lot of hair?!

Jonoh

Back to top Go down

Post  john walters Tue May 13, 2014 11:47 pm

Jesuscrist here I am again hahaha. I have just spent the last 3 days reading through all 65 pages of this because I hate people who are like...sooooo...who has results? all the time ahahah. What is really frustrating is that I make an appearance about 20 pages in saying, I do the DT and my hair does not shed anymore.

Then I became stupid and thought too much, I bought myself a VR and started zapping. My skin became dry and itchy but I was certain that the DT was too simple and the cease of shedding was in my head and I needed a device to stimulate everything. Anyway I was tired of using the VR, my girlfriend is Mexican and the thought of travelling with her with a massive electrical device is stupid and annoying. Its weird but this who time the oxygen theory makes sense to me completely.

Anyway A few days ago I decided to get back on with DT and once again my shedding stopped instantly its great. I feel that my scalp is enjoying being left alone, the violet ray may have been working but i was irritating my scalp really bad.

However I credit alot of my cease to shedding to the environment. I'm not irritating my scalp with shampoos or hot water, I use warm water and nothing more.

Anyway to keep me on track ive decided to take pictures, not for the skeptics because I honestly couldnt give a shit about them but for myself and for others that are doing the DT. hopefully I will stop my hairloss and get regrowth and the pictures can help people who are feeling disillusioned, kind of like drex's

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 Image111

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 39 Image12

I'm pretty sure all the little hairs are regrowth from the VR and last times DT but we will know for certain in a few months.

THIS IS DAY ONE

john walters

Back to top Go down

Post  bananasinpajamas Wed May 14, 2014 8:22 am

ive been doing dt for a month 20 minutes twice a day. rubbing hard, so hard my fingers have sprained.

ive never had greasy hands so far. because i dont have a greasy scalp.

every day your skin produces some sebum, so every day when you squish your scalp you squeeze some sebum out and depending on the amount of sebum you produce, you could get greasy fingers.

i have an oily nose. every day i can squeeze my nose and see sebum come out. this doesnt mean tons of sebum is trapped down there. its just being produced every day.

in the hundreds of dissected scalps, there has been no evidence of calcification of the follicle or surrounding tissue, or trapped sebum.

so all the claims about calcification or sebum are just hypothesis at this point (with evidence to the contrary i might add)

bananasinpajamas

Back to top Go down

Post  Keanoseg Wed May 14, 2014 10:40 am

Lol. So if all of these manuals work in engaging that circulation and lessen DHT production by loosening the scalp etc, then I bet balarayam or nail rubbing is also effective lol cuz of the nerve endings. People said it's rubbish but then again so were manuals until someone applied it everyday over longer period of time and it worked. Try rubbing your fingernails the propper technique fast and u'll feel that circulation in your scalp in first 10 seconds, even faster than any other manual method. And it wouldn't probably stick that long in India if it didn't provide some results for people, just like the Margo method or Tom Hagerty's , PP , Maliniak, DT. ALl of that stuff is practically the same mechanic with the exception of the occi/front. exercise but it still loosens up the scalp and improves circulation so you come to the same with all these stuff. I'm not gonna talk about deep layer tissues from DT study and angiogenesis and so on but quite a significant amount of people were able to stop and reverse the hairloss if they sticked to their technique consistently enough cuz of the hair growth phases.

Keanoseg

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Wed May 14, 2014 11:45 am

DT is definitely making my hair greasier right now. I'm going to have to wash my hair every day for a while. What a PITA.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Wed May 14, 2014 12:21 pm

Not using any oil. It was not used in the study yet all regrew their hair. I'm regrowing my hair without topicals. That about sums up my thoughts on it. The only thing I do outside of this is give my hair a good brush for a minute or two before bed and I doubt that it aids this process in any way.

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next