Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
San Marino studies conduct study on aloe vera as a hair loss treatment EmptyToday at 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
San Marino studies conduct study on aloe vera as a hair loss treatment EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
San Marino studies conduct study on aloe vera as a hair loss treatment EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
San Marino studies conduct study on aloe vera as a hair loss treatment EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
San Marino studies conduct study on aloe vera as a hair loss treatment EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
San Marino studies conduct study on aloe vera as a hair loss treatment EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
San Marino studies conduct study on aloe vera as a hair loss treatment EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
San Marino studies conduct study on aloe vera as a hair loss treatment EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
San Marino studies conduct study on aloe vera as a hair loss treatment EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

San Marino studies conduct study on aloe vera as a hair loss treatment

5 posters

Go down

San Marino studies conduct study on aloe vera as a hair loss treatment Empty San Marino studies conduct study on aloe vera as a hair loss treatment

Post  Hairbeback Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:16 am

Hmmm.....interesting I didn't know there wasn't that many studies done on aloe vera. I know some users said they have tried it but hair regrowth probably takes years

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

San Marino studies conduct study on aloe vera as a hair loss treatment Empty Re: San Marino studies conduct study on aloe vera as a hair loss treatment

Post  Hairbeback Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:36 am

Forgot to post link? lol sorry
http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/news/ci_22819629/san-marino-teens-conduct-study-aloe-vera-hair

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

San Marino studies conduct study on aloe vera as a hair loss treatment Empty Re: San Marino studies conduct study on aloe vera as a hair loss treatment

Post  Hairbeback Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:27 pm

Sooooo what do you guys think?

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:57 pm

Not sure if it's because I'm so tired and i shouldn't be judging stuff but his hair looks the same if not a little bit worse in the 6 months pic, only difference is his hair is a little bit longer.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:14 pm

It was very nice to see the kids involved in scientific exploration.

In my opinion, the results are disappointing. At best, I see a little improvement in hair quality but that would be about it. If anything, this goes to show that aloe, at least on its own, does not do much for hair. And this when participants applied the gel daily for 10 to 12 hours to wash it off at night.

Full credit to the youngsters and the three gentlemen for their earnest study, though.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:19 pm

In the first picture I think the results looked like the hair had more density. I do agree with the other pictures that it looked like it got worse. Maybe they mixed the order of the photos up?

They said they are doing a update in April

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:20 pm

Here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hG68H54jE0

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Nevermind that is the same video

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:05 pm

Hairbeback wrote:Nevermind that is the same video

Look closer, Hbb! They have not updated the audio at all, but they have actually updated the pics from 6 months in the first vid to 9 months in this.

It looks like participant 1 had a bit of regrowth at the 9 month mark. No progress is apparent for patient 2. Same for patient 3, but maybe he has progressed a tiny bit on the sides.

That said, participants 2 and 3 are advanced on the NW scale, 5+. Participant 1 is most interesting for study purpose- he has frontal recession as well as vertex balding. He seems to have regrowth in both, particularly noticeable in the 9 month pics. His temples seem to have thickened, although he has changed the way he has combed his hair in the 9 month pic. Hopefully he has not been taking Rogaine on the side Wink

So, I'm changing my opinion. Subjects 2 and 3 have advanced hairloss, and probably wouldn't have been picked by a company doing a field trial for their new hair growth formula. So, their lack of benefit does not mean that aloe vera is ineffective for the rest.

Which really means that they had solely one proper participant who was not already advanced- participant 1, and he seems to have done well on aloe vera gel. It does look like regrowth to me.

Once again, kudos to the kids and participants for their earnestness in telling their real world experiment. And thanks to you for sharing with us here.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:33 am

Ill check it out again it was near 4 in the morning I was tired lol. I will be adding Aloe Vera to my regime. Organic Coconut oil, Emu Oil and Aloe Vera Hopefully a potent mix!!! So glad there is kids out there trying to do studies like this!

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:20 pm

I am also assuming these guys are not even on a good diet or food plan. Or if they even indulge in alcohol, what their sleep work patterns are. I am sure they have been losing hair for over 10 years

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  researchingeverything Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:44 am

aloe vera is very rich in msm...so im sure aloe vera helps..

researchingeverything

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:51 am

aloe vera
msm
dmso

have a similar action

could explain why it works

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down