Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
PCOS female hair loss EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
PCOS female hair loss EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
PCOS female hair loss EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
PCOS female hair loss EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
PCOS female hair loss EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
PCOS female hair loss EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
PCOS female hair loss EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
PCOS female hair loss EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
PCOS female hair loss EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

PCOS female hair loss

Go down

PCOS female hair loss Empty PCOS female hair loss

Post  nara Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:12 pm

So here is my story :

In September 2012 I stared shedding hair like crazy during our holidays in Greece – I thought it might be because of the change in weather, water etc and it will get back to normal--- in October, my hair loss got worst then it was in September --- From October till December I was visiting my GP and Gino constantly to figure out the reason of my hair loss.
They sent me away many times telling me that its normal and since I gave birth a year ago it’s my hormones going back to normal ---- I knew it was not the case, because I did had my after pregnancy shedding when I stopped breast feeding in February. It lasted for 2 months (very scary hair loss but I knew the reason) and it stopped … this one was not the same and why soooo many months after the birth my hormones will get back to normal????

Anyway long story short end December I was diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)—had no idea what this condition was – after reading about this condition and what it does to your hair I finally had an answer/reason to my hair loss ---

I am still losing hair and trying different products /supplements each week with the hope that this one might works. Here is the list of the things I tried so far:

1. Good hair growth Vitamins: I don’t know if its doing anything for my hair but I have an amazing skin ever since I started taking this Very Happy seeing my skin improving makes dealing with hair loss a bit easier.

2. Acupuncture: after 2 treatments I did see a difference in the amount of hair that came off, but it didn’t stop the hair loss completely. I did see a lot of improvements in my general health which is why I will go for another 2 treatments.

3. Saw Palmetto : not sure what its doing anything for my hair but I must say I do have very sensitive breasts ever since I started taking this , my theory about this herb is that if its working on my breasts it must be doing something for my hair too and maybe it takes some time to see the effects.

4. Vitamin D : I was reading that women with PCOS have lower level of Vitamin D

5. Siberian Ginseng: this is the herb that I would advise to anyone who is losing hair because of the PCOS /hormonal disorder –after taking it for 2 days I could see that the number of hairs falling off my head was much less – I keep the hair I lose in small plastic bags to compare (I know it’s crazy but it helps me greatly to see the hair balls getting smaller).

6. Rogaine foam: So I stared using Minox – even though I am not sure if it’s a very smart thing to do because once you start using this you cannot stop but I really need to do something about my bald spots – YES, I have couple of bald spots  its horrific to see that. What’s very annoying though is that when you start using Rogaine, you loss evens more hair  which is what they confirm on their website so I guess I just have to accept it… next to this , your hair looks dirty after you use it and in my case I get an itchy face few minutes after I used it – I haven’t seen any improvement or new growth yet.. will post if I see changes.

7. On top of all this , I am working out 4 to 5 days a week and eating more protein rich food and vegies and no carbs at all –

I will keep putting up updates about the progress but meanwhile if there is anything you have tried and it worked for you which is not in my list please do share – I am only 29 years old and I don’t want to get bald ---

Cheers
Nara

nara

Back to top Go down

PCOS female hair loss Empty No female on this form ?

Post  nara Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Is there no female on this form who has teh same issue ???

nara

Back to top Go down

PCOS female hair loss Empty No female on this form ?

Post  nara Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:01 pm

Is there no female on this form who has the same issue ???

nara

Back to top Go down

PCOS female hair loss Empty Re: PCOS female hair loss

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down