Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
female hair loss (need your help!) EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
female hair loss (need your help!) EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
female hair loss (need your help!) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
female hair loss (need your help!) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
female hair loss (need your help!) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
female hair loss (need your help!) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
female hair loss (need your help!) EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
female hair loss (need your help!) EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
female hair loss (need your help!) EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

female hair loss (need your help!)

4 posters

Go down

female hair loss (need your help!) Empty female hair loss (need your help!)

Post  rosebuds Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:34 am

Hello CS:

Ugh! How very frustrating. I had all my infomation typed up and somehow it appeared to post it, and I continued with a second post, which I posted thinking the first post was there -- wrong! So now I get to retype my first post. Let's begin.

At the onset of peri-menopause, 7 yrs ago, I also started to experience massive hair loss. To date, I have lost over 60% of my hair, and I am going to look like an Alien soon! You can now see through my entire scalp.

Of course during the last 7 years, you can well imagine I have exhausted every treatment and snake oil known to man, and have seen so many Doctors, who were useless and so unknowledgable.

I als realize during the last few years I most definitely have experienced some {{{stress}}} and I will give you a brief run down. Are you ready? Just prior to my hair falling out, I lost my mom. One month later I went through a divorce, lost three jobs, broke many bones in my left ankle when I fell down the stairs (as a runner, that was devastating) when visiting in Arizona. When I was trying to recoop from my injury I received a call my sister died. Then a few months later when my taxes were done, I received a call I owed $18k due to capital gains on a house I sold ( I used the money made to buy another home) and because I didn't live in the home I sold for 2 yrs, I owed any gains made! So there I was, not working due to my injury, and owed $18k to the IRS.

Let's see, then I broke off a relationship with a wonderful man I loved, due to my awful and stressful hair loss. I was so embaressed and felt he deserved better.

So I guess you could say I experienced some {{{stress}}}. So I'm 100% sure stress played a big part and my adrenals are taxed.

In regards to my profile, I'm a real health nut, eat very healthy and exercise daily. I'm 5'4" and 118 lbs. I'm 53 yrs young, and everyone says I look a lot younger. The men say, "you're built like a brick house." However, I'm going to look like a house with no roof soon!!!!

Two weeks ago I decided to see an endocrinologist, thinking I would receive some answers. She ran some blood work, and we discovered my thyroid, TSH and ferritin were abnormal. The was the first time ever, I received an abnormal thyroid reading, and I thought I had the answer. However, she looked at me and said, "they're just borderline low" and nothing to worry about" as my hair was falling out all over her desk! I was shocked. To me, there is no "borderline" anything, and obviously, my hair is telling me, something is amiss in my body.

My TSH was 4.31, ferritin 26, and TIBC (total iron binding capacity) too high. Transferrin also abnormal.

So I came home and did my own homework. And through reading your much valuable information (by the way, you're a genius!) this is what I've induced:

I obviously need Iron, and my body is not absorbiing it correctly, hence the abormal TIBC and transferrin. Am I right? Looks like I need iron, but more importanly, Betaine HCL due to the low ferritin. And probably some digestive enzymes before my meals. Am I doing good? As blood type A, who do not handle stress well, as a protocol, I should probably take a B12 in the morning, and Vitamin with my iron, for better absorbtion.

Now for the adrenals and thyroid. I abviously lost my hormones because I'm post menopausal. I believe my adrenals and thyroid are taxed and I am now getting an abnormal test result due to the loss of hormones, but more importantly, the stress.

With that said, I need to help my adrenals and/or thyroid. But this is where I confused and don't know what to do??? Do I take a cortisol supplmement like Ashwagandha/Sensoril? Do I take Lysine for immune support? I had a saliva test done years ago, and my biotin reading was fine. It showed very low B5, which is usually the case with the adrenals, right? So I more than likely need to take B5, folic acid and B6. How am I doing?

This is where I really need your help. As a divorced, single attractive lady (or was) this is so devastating. What guy wants to date a balding woman? Damn. There want to rub their fingers through your hair, not shine up your scalp. I don't want to look like those smiley faces!

Can you please help and advise me? I pray you can.

God Bless

Rosebud

rosebuds

Back to top Go down

female hair loss (need your help!) Empty Re: female hair loss (need your help!)

Post  Amaranthaceae Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:13 am

CS probably has some useful advice for you, and also: have you tried PM Kudzu? Might be ideal to
help some of your problems.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:19 pm

rosebuds - You provided excellent information here, so I'm pretty sure you're going to get a lot better.

Running marathons particular for a women can be a silent breakdown of the adrenal systems. I've seen a lot women suffer from adrenal fatigue and suffer from increased sensitivity to stress just from that alone.

Of course, nothing is worse than the kind of stress you've gone through, and this would undoubtedly pushed your HTPA (hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis) beyond its limits.

A TSH of 4.31 is way too high. A lot of doctors are still not in line with better reference ranges, which the high end should be not exceeding 2.0.

You could be low iodine, as this is partial responsible for producing stomach acid and improving many other related factors.

Rebuilding your adrenals (including pituitary and thyroid) are essential. On the physiology page

You'll see three Standard Process products which when used together will improve a lot. An alternative to this is a single product here below: This is a more affordable option.

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=6016&at=0

You're right about the iron, some Betaine HCL will improve your ability to absorb the iron you have and that should increase your levels.

Getting back to iodine, I would suggest buying Lugol's solution, the link is available on the Physiology page. Two drops per day should do the trick, unless you decide to get an iodine loading test, but it's not really necessary. It would be hard to imagine you not being low on iodine.

As far as B-Vitamins go you would want to take a full complex of B-vitamins, not just individual one.

Swanson's as a pretty good one that has the active forms, you'll find a link for it on the general regimen page.

Or you can't go wrong with New Chapter, but they are a bit expensive.

Or something cheaper like this would be good:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=1041&at=0

Giving your stress, Ashwagandha is highly recommended. According to studies, the 250 mg dose is the most effective, when taken at least twice per day.

Lysine helps when the hair loss is related to hormone imbalances, so this may or may not be applicable to you, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

You may also consider taking Fibroboost, which is a vary potent and wide spectrum benefit supplement. As besides it ability to reduce inflammation, it does a whole host of important physiologic changes, including boosting pituitary growth hormone release. You'll find yourself getting a better sleep at night which is pretty important with adrenal system rebuilding.

Okay, that should do it.

Take care, and take advantage of any discounts you see on the site.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:20 pm

One other thing, cpio mentioned PM Kudzu root, this wouldn't be a bad idea at all.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

female hair loss (need your help!) Empty Thank You!!!!!!

Post  rosebuds Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:04 pm

Dear CS:

I cannot thank you enough for replying to my post. Wow! I'm a very emotional person (blood type A) and I can honestly say you have brought me to tears, not only with your kindness in responding so quickly, but your true compassion.

I want you to know for the first time in 7 years, I actually feel like there is hope, and I will stop this hair loss and and grow back my hair. For that I cannot thank you enough. Maybe I won't have to look like those smiley faces!

a BIG {{{Hug}}}

Rose
PS. I live in the Midwest (Wisconsin) where are you located?

rosebuds

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:30 pm

rosebuds - You're welcome!

I live in Southern California (Orange County).
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodThings Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:46 pm

Welcome to the board Rose. I'm pretty sure CS can help you.

GoodThings

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down