Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
The Best Supplement Ever - Page 2 EmptyToday at 6:36 pm by grail

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
The Best Supplement Ever - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
The Best Supplement Ever - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
The Best Supplement Ever - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
The Best Supplement Ever - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
The Best Supplement Ever - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
The Best Supplement Ever - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
The Best Supplement Ever - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
The Best Supplement Ever - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The Best Supplement Ever

+14
goten574
CF
LawOfThelema
sanderson
dulow
scottyc33
AS54
CausticSymmetry
rofl
theseeker86
Mastery
zeroes
masterfree
hellwig
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Best Supplement Ever - Page 2 Empty Re: The Best Supplement Ever

Post  zeroes Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:50 pm

scottyc33 wrote:
zeroes wrote:Link to study with hair loss

www.tocotrienol.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=205:hair-loss-prevention-study-with-tocominrsuprabio-bioenhanced-palm-tocotrienol-complex-published&catid=56:news&Itemid=83

stick to Toco with patents.

"Out of 38 recruited male and female volunteers who suffered hair loss" -

How about a study with only MALES who suffer from MPB ?

Good point, probably nothing and Toco will likely be a waste of time. Only time will tell. Worst case Toco8 will improve overall health, best case it does something positive for hair.

zeroes

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:22 pm

hellwig wrote:
theseeker86 wrote:In regards to hair I've noticed a slowdown in shedding since starting toco 8, haven't seen any hair thickening yet but it's far to early to tell yet.

Once effect it has had which has surprised me greatly is it's helped to reduce my gyno. DIM hasn't even done that for me.

Increasing testosterone will reduce all bodyfat inc gyno, plus it's 'over-powering' the estrogen. I'd love to know whether it increased DHT or not.

It's not just the fat its the hard lumps i had under my nipples that have become a lot smaller and shrunk.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:38 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:
theseeker86 wrote:In regards to hair I've noticed a slowdown in shedding since starting toco 8, haven't seen any hair thickening yet but it's far to early to tell yet.

Once effect it has had which has surprised me greatly is it's helped to reduce my gyno. DIM hasn't even done that for me.

are you doing hair counts or is this just eyeballing it?

how long on the toco.

I've just noticed less hair falling in general. I can't say i've noticed less in the shower because i always do the brushing method before i have a shower so whatever hair was going to fall out then does so before i take the shower however i have noticed a lot less hair fall when brushing and just throughout my day. Sometimes i stand up, bend my head over slightly and rustle my hands through my hair to see how much comes out and I've noticed a lot less, plus i have quite long hair so any hair fall would be noticeable.

Although it may not seem like it, i really don't want to give the impression that toco 8 is amazing for hair, all i've noticed is less hair fall, i haven't seen any re growth or hair thickening.

I've been on it for one month as of yesterday.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:43 pm

i guess it musnt do anything too amazing since theres threads from 2008 on toco 8, where ppl tried it. we would know by now if there was any regrowth.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:00 pm

I am going to order http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU156/ItemDetail and http://www.swansonvitamins.com/JR097/ItemDetail and take 1 of each daily. You get way more tocopherols as opposed to Toco-8, the only thing you get considerably less of is d-beta tocotrienol (2.7 mg vs 7 mg). Ends up being 20 bucks a month as opposed to 25, and you get the convenience of capsules.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Anxious1 wrote:i guess it musnt do anything too amazing since theres threads from 2008 on toco 8, where ppl tried it. we would know by now if there was any regrowth.

Yeah i haven't read or seen anything by someone in regards to hair regrowth but i have seen a lot from people claiming it's thickened up thinning hairs, most of these were on various fitness forums though, whether or not there's any truth to it i'll just have to find out for myself however the fact that it's reduced the hard lumps under my nipples/gyno makes it pretty amazing to me, especially since everything else i've tried hasn't worked (dim, iodine, Curcumin)

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:57 pm

Anxious1 wrote:i guess it musnt do anything too amazing since theres threads from 2008 on toco 8, where ppl tried it. we would know by now if there was any regrowth.

Most of the people who got regrowth, thickening, decreased shedding etc are on bodybuilding forums and simply mention it in passing rather than making multiple posts on hairloss forums.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:17 am

hellwig wrote:

Most of the people who got regrowth, thickening, decreased shedding etc are on bodybuilding forums and simply mention it in passing rather than making multiple posts on hairloss forums.

That's what i noticed too. The people who have said they have noticed positive effects don't really keep on about it as say, someone on a hair loss site.

Just seems to me that those people were okay with their hair situation and noticed some benefits and where simply like "hey this is a nice little bonus"

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:58 am

Hellwig and Seeker,

Totally agree with these observations. If anything, a high quality toco supplement would really help mitigate the adverse lipid metabolism that leads to the inflammation of hair loss. Maybe it won't fill in a predominantly bald scalp, but it could go for in halting further loss. Not to mention the cardiovascular and hormonal benefits. Any improvement of your cholesterol profile is going to benefit you hormonally.

But you're right. Many of those fellas on the bodybuilding forums are dabbling in all kinds of steroids or at least many hormone precursors, so many are resolved with the idea of hair loss. Its common on a lot of these forums because so many of them are jacking up their testosterone. I think those that are willing to go to these lengths to put on muscle treat hair loss like an acceptable risk so you don't see the concern about it like you would on a site like this, and any benefits to hair had by supplements is kind of just a passing thing. I've spoken with several of the guys on these forums and you'll often hear them say "say bye to your hair" if you are going to get on this stuff. Many of the guys I know in real life who supplement like this are also bald and absolutely don't give a shit. Wish I had their lack of concern, but that might be because I don't have the biceps to make up for a smooth dome, haha.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:39 am

Good post.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:00 am

I took Tocotrienols 75mg with CoQ10 and EPA Omega 3 daily for over 6 months several years ago, I didn't notice any regrowth.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:19 am

goten--

I've done a lot of research on tocotrienols, and there isn't a tocotrienol supplement on the market that comes anywhere near Toco-8. The tocopherol/tocotrienol balances are way out of whack in those formulas (tocopherol is a lot cheaper than tocotrienol), and Toco-8 is the only one that I've seen that is derived directly from nature, unadulterated. It's not created in some lab, heated to extreme temperatures, etc.

I'm using it right now myself actually! Going to try to continue with it...never really continued beyond a couple of months for whatever reasons.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:49 am

nidhogge wrote:goten--

I've done a lot of research on tocotrienols, and there isn't a tocotrienol supplement on the market that comes anywhere near Toco-8. The tocopherol/tocotrienol balances are way out of whack in those formulas (tocopherol is a lot cheaper than tocotrienol), and Toco-8 is the only one that I've seen that is derived directly from nature, unadulterated. It's not created in some lab, heated to extreme temperatures, etc.

I'm using it right now myself actually! Going to try to continue with it...never really continued beyond a couple of months for whatever reasons.

Have there been people who have MPB and stuck with Toco-8 for 6 months +? I think so but I don't remember hearing much success with it, other than thicker hair.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:59 am

Isnt suprabio tocomin virtually the same?

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:05 am

goten574 wrote:
nidhogge wrote:goten--

Have there been people who have MPB and stuck with Toco-8 for 6 months +? I think so but I don't remember hearing much success with it, other than thicker hair.

Other than thicker hair? Thicker hair is awesome. If it is really thickening your hair, then it is doing something good. I don't even think rogaine thickens hair.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:21 am

Reminds me of a monty python sketch - "what did the roman's ever do for us?"

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:22 am

Thicker hair?!

I'm ordering some of this shit as soon as I finish mowing the grass!

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:10 am

hellwig wrote:Isnt suprabio tocomin virtually the same?

From what I can tell, they are virtually the same. (Except suprabio tocomin on Iherb is less than half the price).

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:25 am

Yes, I saw thickening of hair but that could be of existing hair, I am not sure.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:29 am

Unless you are slick bald, that should still be pretty good.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:49 am

LawOfThelema wrote:Unless you are slick bald, that should still be pretty good.

At the time, a little adjustment of my hair with a brush would hide most of my baldness up, but now, I am really losing the battle! I am unable to do this, and have to settle for damage reduction. I don't know if it was my existing hair that was thicker or the balding one, I think my existing hair because I would have noticed if it was the latter. If you want thicker existing hair, MSM and Biotin can both do that at a much cheaper price than Toco-8.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:49 am

I've upped my dose to 50% more than the recd dose. I have less bodyfat than ever (killer abs) although not the increase in mass I would expect from a T boost. My libido has rocketed. I need to know for sure whether suprabio is just as good because I plan on buying a load soon. Oh yeah, I nearly forgot, my baby hairs from TFM (tm) are really flurishing now.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:12 pm

hellwig wrote:I've upped my dose to 50% more than the recd dose. I have less bodyfat than ever (killer abs) although not the increase in mass I would expect from a T boost. My libido has rocketed. I need to know for sure whether suprabio is just as good because I plan on buying a load soon. Oh yeah, I nearly forgot, my baby hairs from TFM (tm) are really flurishing now.

That's great news. Glad it's working for you, hellwig.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:20 pm

hellwig wrote:I've upped my dose to 50% more than the recd dose. I have less bodyfat than ever (killer abs) although not the increase in mass I would expect from a T boost. My libido has rocketed. I need to know for sure whether suprabio is just as good because I plan on buying a load soon. Oh yeah, I nearly forgot, my baby hairs from TFM (tm) are really flurishing now.

Wow, I am so happy to hear that Smile

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  ghai018 Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:11 pm

And the hair? Smile

ghai018

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down