Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 18 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 18 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 18 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 18 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 18 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 18 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 18 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 18 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 18 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

+88
symbiotic
ngb
sizzlinghairs
Alan
marku
dudebro
Amaranthaceae
Longshanks
Duketronix
GreatDiscovery
hairisthickening
drex1999
Horatius
schpiloch123
zn
Hair101
Regrowth
LawOfThelema
Fibonacci
playmaker
hairloss hippie
mistyisland
Hali-L
isis
ghai018
Zaphod
FATE
young trunks
Lurx
Delphine
Aum
gg4545
crysanthium
elan164
virtua_
Thin in FL
ocelot911
longhairedredhead
JZ
shaggydog
taidan
zeroes
hammer2012
huli
angstman
theseeker86
Crusher
Balthier
Mawson06
j87x
imprisoned-radical
Paradox
duel_black
bobbers2011
zanza
jkj86
masterfree
dadon
whodathunkit
Yanks
gbp2000
ferox
tcpratt
AS54
Hoppipolla
sanderson
MilBA
RPM
bov51
jlj
Zeke
tooyoung
angusmojo
MikeGore
wildman
SlowMoe
calvicie
gutted
dreft
Gibson
Columbo
9rugrats5
EazyGo
CausticSymmetry
GoodThings
tudor
hellwig
NeonMonk
92 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 18 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  Hoppipolla Fri May 25, 2012 12:15 pm

Guys erm... do you believe the cold water thing helps because it works as an astringent? Astringents seem to always benefit MPB, in my opinion it's because they reduce sebum and thereby decrease where the fungus/dandruff can lurk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astringent
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 18 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  LawOfThelema Fri May 25, 2012 1:35 pm

hellwig wrote:I noticed my hair feels softer for the rest of the day after rinsing with cold water. I have no clue why

The hair is made up of shingle like scales. I think the cold water causes them to flatten down which reduces the frizz and makes it feel softer.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE Sun May 27, 2012 1:05 am

zeroes wrote:Can you upload some before and after pictures please? How long have you brushed and towelled for? How old are you?

I'm 21 and been massaging for 3months, brushing/towelling for 1.5months...
My hair has shed ALOT (all of the old thin less pigmented hair) I started noticing re-growth 2months ago (re-growing around my hair line 3 years ago at least)

I have got before photos and will post as soon as I'm happy with my hair/hairline!

FATE
FATE

Back to top Go down

Post  Hair101 Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Any more updates guys? I know it might be too early to expect any update. But perhaps i am looking for encouragement
like everyone else.

Hair101

Back to top Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 18 Empty Fatty Cells and Blood Circulation

Post  zn Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:57 am

Hi all,

According to Yale Research, theres less of Fatty cells under the scalp where there's hair loss.
So I was thinking .. is it due to the root cause i.e Blood circulation problem..

Cuz I remember studying when I was young that..
Our body gets energy from the food we eat, But when it is starved and lacks the source of energy "It converts FAT into Useful energy"

So im just curious what you people have to say about the following concept..

When the scalp gets lesser Blood circulation (due to whatever reason, Galea tightening,genetic,etc..) in some areas and thus gets lesser nourishment, It tries to use/feed on the adipose fat around it , by converting into neccessary nourishment/energy for papilla. As the FAT reserve around it depletes, Thinning phase starts, due to lesser nourishment.
Finally, the papilla or root shrinks and becomes disfunctional.

Watsay? Am i a genius or wat Wink .. Razz

zn

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:27 am

Seems plausible to me.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonMonk Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:08 am

Hair101 wrote:Any more updates guys? I know it might be too early to expect any update. But perhaps i am looking for encouragement
like everyone else.

Hi mate, this is my experience so far with the Margo Method.

I've been doing the method since the 24th of March. I've been doing it twice a day for about 5 minutes each time (10 minutes a day). I haven't missed a day.

For the first three weeks, everything was going fine. I was chuffed at how easy it was. At that point in time I was thinking that if it didn't work, it wouldn't be a major issue as I was only giving up 10 minutes of my day.

About one month into it, I started to shed. I don't know if 'shed' is the right word, because I still have hair where I have shed, however, the hair doesn't grow or the hair keeps breaking due to the method. I think it's the latter. I think it keeps breaking.

Interestingly the hair is only breaking/shedding where I was already thinning (temple area). I do the method equally over my scalp, and everywhere else the hair is growing fine.

The shed wasn't bad at the start. My hair was roughly an inch or 2-3cm long and you couldn't really see where I had shed unless you looked closely. But every week the shed area got bigger and bigger. It got to the point where my hair looked bizarre. It was long all over except the temple area.

At this point I started getting comments from co-workers and family members. I had to develop a 'thick skin', because people were saying things like, 'you're going bald', and 'you're getting old', etc… Whereas before it wasn't readily apparent that I was going bald. Yes my hair was thinning in the temple area, but you really had to look to notice. But not anymore.

The only remedy to this was to buzz cut my hair with a 1 guard to match the shed/breakage area around my temples. So for the last month or so, I've been walking around looking like a cast member from Romper Stomper. Every 5 days or so, I buzz cut my head because it starts growing except at the temples.

I haven't experienced any regrowth at all. I'm two weeks away from the three month mark, and you're not supposed to see any new growth until at least 3-4 months (according to the authorities on the subject).

I'm still getting hair breakage around the temple area, but I don't think the shed area is expanding anymore.

I've noticed, since starting the method, my scalp is much more looser. I'm interested to see if anyone else has noticed this. When I do the method or move my scalp with my hands, the whole scalp moves, from my forehead to the back of my scalp. Before starting the method, my scalp was stuck in place and wouldn't move.

Please note that the authorities on the subject have all said that you will notice a shed at the start. So I'm not too concerned about my temple hair breakage at this stage.

I'm thinking of trying something like jojoba oil or something on my temple area's to see if it helps with the breakage. But I'm pretty comfortable with my buzz cut now, so I'm not too fazed.

So, in short, no regrowth and massive shed 2 and a half months in.

NeonMonk

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:21 am

Hey Neon Monk,

What was your hairloss like before the shed??

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroes Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:09 am

This is the biggest issue with Margo's method, you are going to rip out natural hairs that aren't due to shed. I hope you continue and have positive regrowth, keep us updated.

zeroes

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonMonk Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:44 am

schpiloch123 wrote:Hey Neon Monk,

What was your hairloss like before the shed??

My hairloss wasn't too bad.

I was thinning in the temple area. I would say that I was a Norwood 2, but that now I'm a Norwood 3 or maybe an extreme Norwood 2. It's kinda hard to tell with the hair breakage.

No vertex thinning that i can see, though. Just temporal.

I will keep you guys updated. I will do this method at least until May 2013 and if I don't see any improvements I'll drop it. I still think it's too early to tell, hasn't even been 3 months.

NeonMonk

Back to top Go down

Post  ocelot911 Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:37 pm

I think brushing is alot more better and efficient compared to margo's. I only do margo's just after a shower for a little. I've been doing both on most days but not every day, i THINK i've seen some improvements in the crown area starting to fill out more, I've also put coconut oil to condition it every now and again. I use see very thin hairs fall out but thats not the case anymore which is pretty cool.

Perhaps the temples are harder to regrow?

Just a thought, what do you think about the combination of emu oil and brushing? It's been shown to regrow the temples and there's pictures to show it on hairloss research.

Cheers

ocelot911

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:59 am

zn wrote:Hi all,

According to Yale Research, theres less of Fatty cells under the scalp where there's hair loss.
So I was thinking .. is it due to the root cause i.e Blood circulation problem..

Cuz I remember studying when I was young that..
Our body gets energy from the food we eat, But when it is starved and lacks the source of energy "It converts FAT into Useful energy"

So im just curious what you people have to say about the following concept..

When the scalp gets lesser Blood circulation (due to whatever reason, Galea tightening,genetic,etc..) in some areas and thus gets lesser nourishment, It tries to use/feed on the adipose fat around it , by converting into neccessary nourishment/energy for papilla. As the FAT reserve around it depletes, Thinning phase starts, due to lesser nourishment.
Finally, the papilla or root shrinks and becomes disfunctional.

Watsay? Am i a genius or wat Wink .. Razz
Makes alot of sense to me. Also, maybe the fat is also depleting due to the decreased circulation (less nourishment for the fat).

And, when the fat layer is depleted, the veins, arteries and lymph vessels running through it no longer have a cushion to protect them from the tightness of the scalp, and are constricted even further.

Once the circulation gets bad enough, the scalp becomes toxic due to decreased nourishment/ decreased lymphatic flow and excess toxin accumulation, and becomes a breeding ground for pathogens and other bad, nasty stuff, leading to inflammation and hyper sensitive androgen receptors.

At least that's what Makes sense in my head.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Horatius Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:57 am

FATE? wrote:
zeroes wrote:Can you upload some before and after pictures please? How long have you brushed and towelled for? How old are you?

My hair has shed ALOT (all of the old thin less pigmented hair) I started noticing re-growth 2months ago (re-growing around my hair line 3 years ago at least)

I have got before photos and will post as soon as I'm happy with my hair/hairline!

Hello,

Interesting post, I have been brushing/massaging for 4,5 months (i'm 23) and have seen stabilization and very modest regrowth. You say you noticed regrowth 2 months ago, so that's before the brushing started, 1 month after massaging? may I ask what is your method of massaging? I sort of rub the sides of my head, do you also massage on top? EDIT: I read you use a DHT topical, you mean minoxidil?

greetings

Horatius

Horatius

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:07 am

Horatius wrote:
FATE? wrote:

Hello,

Interesting post, I have been brushing/massaging for 4,5 months (i'm 23) and have seen stabilization and very modest regrowth. You say you noticed regrowth 2 months ago, so that's before the brushing started, 1 month after massaging? may I ask what is your method of massaging? I sort of rub the sides of my head, do you also massage on top? EDIT: I read you use a DHT topical, you mean minoxidil?

greetings

Horatius

You gotta massage the AFFECTED AREAS!!

Massage the top!

I personally massage the entire scalp for scalp health, but I pay special attention to the top and temples.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:39 am

Awesome thread! I have very mild success on the Maliniak method but this has me excited. I now have other tools to work with Smile Great work people!

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonMonk Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Just posting a link to "Growing New Hair" that I found online. This is for anyone new or curious about the Margo Method (Toweling). It will also save me and others from uploading to a file sharing site once the download links expire.

The link to read the book for free is: http://www.scribd.com/doc/95700031/Growing-New-Hair

NeonMonk

Back to top Go down

Post  hairisthickening Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:36 am

So does this work? The woman says it works 100% of the time, lol. I must admit she tells a good story and sounds convincing. I use to rub my hair hard with my towel back before I ever considered I could be losing hair. Now im too scared to rub my hair with the towel so I just pat it dry. Maybe this is worth a try?

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonMonk Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:29 pm

I've been doing it for 3 months.

Personally, for me, it's starting to work. I've grown a lot of vellus hair on my temples and a few have gone terminal. Nothing to get excited about, though.

Whether I'll get any cosmetic results is yet to be determined. From the looks of things, if it's going to work, it's going to take a long time. The testimonials in the book are from people that have allegedly done it for a year.

But, I'm not the best guinea pig for this method, because I'm not solely doing this method.

I'm also doing Ferox method and scalp massage.

Personally, I find doing the Ferox method first, then Margo method in that order gets me a very pink and tingly scalp. I do scalp massage at random times during the day, like if I'm watching TV.

I find that if I just do FM, I get a tingly scalp. If I just to MM, I also get a tingly scalp. But combining the two seems to intensify the tingly feeling. I'm curious to see if anyone else has experienced this?

I also want to add Bernarr MacFadden Hair Pulling, but my hair is too short.

NeonMonk

Back to top Go down

Post  hairisthickening Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:21 pm

Thanks Neon. So basically I just read this entire thread. Looks like I need to get one of them brushes. I will start off real slow and see how this turns out.

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Post  duel_black Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:40 am

Thought I'd check in. Things are still great on my end. I don't worry about loss any more, and the mote around my front island at the rest of my head is slowly filling in nicely. I've made some tweaks to my routine. Here is what I am doing now:

1. Supplements. I basically stopped. Some occasional turmuric because I have some left. I eat an organic paleo ish diet with kombucha and brewers yeast. I have for years
2. Margo Toweling. I've replaced with a brush. The bristles are spaced very far apart, I put the brush to my scalp and do circles on the thining bald spots until the scalp is very pink. Daily
3. Scalp massage. I still do the Malinaik scalp massages. But I only use the electronic device perhaps once a week now.
4. The Claw: in the shower, make claw with both hands. turn them facing in and stroke hair back with fingernails 100 times. The scalp is pink enough to the point where it burns when I put my head under luke warm water.

That's all I am doing for now. Very happy with the results and looking forward to the rest of the year.

duel_black

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:08 am

Awesome, duel_black. I've been hoping you would check in! With positive results, no less. Very Happy

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonMonk Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:33 am

duel_black wrote:Thought I'd check in. Things are still great on my end. I don't worry about loss any more, and the mote around my front island at the rest of my head is slowly filling in nicely. I've made some tweaks to my routine. Here is what I am doing now:

1. Supplements. I basically stopped. Some occasional turmuric because I have some left. I eat an organic paleo ish diet with kombucha and brewers yeast. I have for years
2. Margo Toweling. I've replaced with a brush. The bristles are spaced very far apart, I put the brush to my scalp and do circles on the thining bald spots until the scalp is very pink. Daily
3. Scalp massage. I still do the Malinaik scalp massages. But I only use the electronic device perhaps once a week now.
4. The Claw: in the shower, make claw with both hands. turn them facing in and stroke hair back with fingernails 100 times. The scalp is pink enough to the point where it burns when I put my head under luke warm water.

That's all I am doing for now. Very happy with the results and looking forward to the rest of the year.

Hey Duel_Black, congrats on your results!

If I may ask, why did you switch toweling to a brush? Were you getting hair breakage from the towel?

NeonMonk

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:14 pm

Dual, I always wondered what was the exact benefit from the violet ray. I had once thought it was the oxygen. When I happened upon this thread I started looking up what else increased blood flow in the skin and what I found was vibration at certain frequencys increased circulation in skin by a significant percentage (just use google and seach vibration/skin circulation to see for yourself). Maybe the ray has more of a purpose that first thought? Let me know what you think.

drex1999

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:18 pm

there is no way to not get hair breakage from scrubbing your scalp through a towel. it's a classic hair-care no-no, at least for non balding people who don't have to worry about trying to boost their scalp circulation.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  duel_black Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:40 am

Hi all -
Just saw some of the recent questions about toweling. The only reason I stopped is because my brush has bristles widely spaced apart. Far enough apart to where I can put the brush on my head and rub hard in a small circular motion over the spots that need some love. This approach gets my scalp pinker than a towel. I do think I had a little breakage with a towel as well. I did it dry. However, overall the circular brush technique delivers more bang (scalp pinkness) given my hair length. The hair surrounding the empty spots got in the way of the towel. So there was less burn.

duel_black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next