Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 20 EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 20 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 20 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 20 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 20 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 20 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 20 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 20 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 20 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

+88
symbiotic
ngb
sizzlinghairs
Alan
marku
dudebro
Amaranthaceae
Longshanks
Duketronix
GreatDiscovery
hairisthickening
drex1999
Horatius
schpiloch123
zn
Hair101
Regrowth
LawOfThelema
Fibonacci
playmaker
hairloss hippie
mistyisland
Hali-L
isis
ghai018
Zaphod
FATE
young trunks
Lurx
Delphine
Aum
gg4545
crysanthium
elan164
virtua_
Thin in FL
ocelot911
longhairedredhead
JZ
shaggydog
taidan
zeroes
hammer2012
huli
angstman
theseeker86
Crusher
Balthier
Mawson06
j87x
imprisoned-radical
Paradox
duel_black
bobbers2011
zanza
jkj86
masterfree
dadon
whodathunkit
Yanks
gbp2000
ferox
tcpratt
AS54
Hoppipolla
sanderson
MilBA
RPM
bov51
jlj
Zeke
tooyoung
angusmojo
MikeGore
wildman
SlowMoe
calvicie
gutted
dreft
Gibson
Columbo
9rugrats5
EazyGo
CausticSymmetry
GoodThings
tudor
hellwig
NeonMonk
92 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 20 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  hairisthickening Sun May 26, 2013 4:39 pm

Is this margo woman who wrote "new hair" still alive? Also guys do you think the towel rubbing on dry hair would be effective?

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??) - Page 20 Empty Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  hairisthickening Sun May 26, 2013 4:51 pm

I read this "new hair" book by Margo and it was really encouraging. I mean this woman makes it seem like 100% you will at least maintain your hair if you just rub your head with a towel 2-5 mins per day. She has all these letters from people telling her it works and all. Sounded real convincing. Yet I look through this thread and don't see many real results.

I guess she is just lying like so many other people? I hate all of these liars. I am so confused sometimes with this stuff. One part of me really thinks scalp massages/brushing etc works for hairloss. But another part of me wonders if it just makes it worse. Its almost for me as if the non problem areas of my scalp look thicker and healthier since doing brushing and manuals but the part that is receding may look worse. Its so hard to tell sometimes.

duel-black....any updates? Not to discourage you or anything but your hair looks about the same in all the pics. I mean maybe im wrong but I don't see much differences. But you would know better than me since its your hair Smile Sorry not trying to be negative guys. I was excited to read this margo womans book but realize now it's just some more lies it seems so far. If not it's not the "miracle cure" she makes it out to be otherwise we would have many posters here posting some amazing pics etc.

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Tue May 28, 2013 1:04 pm

hairisthickening wrote:I read this "new hair" book by Margo and it was really encouraging. I mean this woman makes it seem like 100% you will at least maintain your hair if you just rub your head with a towel 2-5 mins per day. She has all these letters from people telling her it works and all. Sounded real convincing. Yet I look through this thread and don't see many real results.

I guess she is just lying like so many other people? I hate all of these liars. I am so confused sometimes with this stuff. One part of me really thinks scalp massages/brushing etc works for hairloss. But another part of me wonders if it just makes it worse. Its almost for me as if the non problem areas of my scalp look thicker and healthier since doing brushing and manuals but the part that is receding may look worse. Its so hard to tell sometimes.

duel-black....any updates? Not to discourage you or anything but your hair looks about the same in all the pics. I mean maybe im wrong but I don't see much differences. But you would know better than me since its your hair Smile Sorry not trying to be negative guys. I was excited to read this margo womans book but realize now it's just some more lies it seems so far. If not it's not the "miracle cure" she makes it out to be otherwise we would have many posters here posting some amazing pics etc.

I agreed, I dont see much difference between the three picture at all, the second one look bad because of the hair breakage from the manual method

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed May 29, 2013 5:34 am

Could someone explain briefly how to do these maliniak massages? Would so much appreciate it. Thanks!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Wed May 29, 2013 7:18 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Could someone explain briefly how to do these maliniak massages? Would so much appreciate it. Thanks!

Just massage the muscles (frontalis, temporalis and occipitals) with your fingers (not the galea). I've been stretching those muscles by pulling my hair and holding for 30 seconds with each grab. It only takes a few minutes to stretch it all out and it really loosens things up if you do it right. If you contort your face to get a better stretch that helps in the front. I'll also just pull all of the hair on the top of my head and it doesn't hurt at all to pull my hair anymore. I have also been doing the Hagerty exercises while driving (flex frontalis then occipitals to wiggle the scalp) for 2-3 10-20 minute sessions a day. This strengthens the muscles and gets blood flowing to the scalp I guess. I started doing the massages too which loosens things up even more (5-10 mins a day). Concentrate on the tendons as well, not just the muscle. I'm going to stick with this through the summer to see how it goes. I think it will at least slow it down.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed May 29, 2013 7:40 am

Whats the difference between the galea and the others. I tried a google search and I got pics for the frontalis, temporalis, and occipital, but dont they all together make up the galea as a whole? *confused* confused

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  ngb Wed May 29, 2013 7:59 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Whats the difference between the galea and the others. I tried a google search and I got pics for the frontalis, temporalis, and occipital, but dont they all together make up the galea as a whole? *confused* confused

This explains it pretty well...

http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/hairloss/page2-featuredcontributors/the_mechanics_of_male_pattern_baldness

When you stretch you are actually stretching the tendon, not really the muscle. I think I know how to stretch out the frontalis, occipitalis and temporalis by pulling my hair up but if the galea is also a tendon like structure then you could theoretically stretch that as well. I'm guessing the only way would be to pull your hair. I've been doing this and it doesn't "sting" like it used to. Maybe part of the reason is that I loosened the galea itself. When I first did the stretching the tendons at my eyebrows were really sore. That meant the frontalis was tight, probably for years. If you stretch out the muscles in your body really well the next day you will be a little sore if you are inflexible and that's a good sign.

ngb

Back to top Go down

Post  symbiotic Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Hello everyone from a follicularly challenged co-sufferer.

I am bumping up an old thread rather than starting up a new one and possibly wasting space. I have spend a few nights scouring the forum and learning but what i didn't end up learning is the Papilla power method.

Now that PP has apparently been shot dead in karmic retribution for wasting so much of your (and now my) time on his empty posts, or possibly ascended to heaven for solving the MPB, it would seem there is no way to get to learn the PP method, as the man is gone and his website has been shut down.

So i was wondering (and i apologize if someone has already done it and i have missed it) if someone who knows the PP method would be kind enough to explain it. I really don't see the point of everyone taking this knowledge to their graves. I don't see PP minding this at this point, as he never wrote the ebook one could buy instead. If one is afraid of legal action creating a new username for the specific purpose or revealing the method seems easy enough. If it really works we can track down PP somewhere in Asia and shower him with gold and women...

Thank you!

symbiotic

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:35 am

symbiotic wrote:Hello everyone from a follicularly challenged co-sufferer.

I am bumping up an old thread rather than starting up a new one and possibly wasting space. I have spend a few nights scouring the forum and learning but what i didn't end up learning is the Papilla power method.

Now that PP has apparently been shot dead in karmic retribution for wasting so much of your (and now my) time on his empty posts, or possibly ascended to heaven for solving the MPB, it would seem there is no way to get to learn the PP method, as the man is gone and his website has been shut down.

So i was wondering (and i apologize if someone has already done it and i have missed it) if someone who knows the PP method would be kind enough to explain it. I really don't see the point of everyone taking this knowledge to their graves. I don't see PP minding this at this point, as he never wrote the ebook one could buy instead. If one is afraid of legal action creating a new username for the specific purpose or revealing the method seems easy enough. If it really works we can track down PP somewhere in Asia and shower him with gold and women...

Thank you!

It's pretty much the same as the Margo Method symbiotic - just take a towel and scrub the bald, or balding, parts of your scalp once or twice a day. The idea is that this creates a positive pressure and the blood flows into the papillae, so that the follicles can be nourished and eventually produce new hair.

This is definitely not a quick-fix and can take years to see any kind of cosmetically significant result, depending on your situation, but it's easy enough to get into the habit of doing it.

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t7286-overview-of-towel-method-unanswered-questions-tips-farewell

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  symbiotic Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:18 am

so Margo = Papilla Power? What a rip-off.

Cheers Hairy.

symbiotic

Back to top Go down

Post  rogerd Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Can anyone divulge how long we should be rubbing with a towel each day as per the PP method ? Any other important details that are worth noting ?

rogerd

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:35 pm

rogerd wrote:Can anyone divulge how long we should be rubbing with a towel each day as per the PP method ? Any other important details that are worth noting ?

Hey Rogerd - this is what Margo said about it:

"How long should you rub? Until your scalp is pink and tingly, and this is where heredity enters in, because this could require ten to thirty seconds for someone with relatively good circulation or three to five minutes for someone with a tight, tense scalp and severely constricted blood vessels. As with any exercise, the more you do it, the more your blood flow improves and the less time it takes. Similarly, you will find that with practice, your scalp's sensitivity diminishes and the rubbing no longer hurts as much. Just remember that you cannot overdo it. The important thing is to resolve to rub your scalp every day for the rest of your life."

PP would've said about the same (from 2-5 mins if I'm not mistaken). Just think about what you are trying to achieve and don't get too hung up on the details ... hope this helps.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  ManeMan Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:43 pm

I have purchased Margo's Book and I am using the towel method. I want to see what Papilla Power recommends and I have submitted a request twice on Papilla Power's site. He has not responded. I am really keen to do his recommendations. Please help me get in touch with him or is he not providing his information anymore?

ManeMan

Back to top Go down

Post  tim33 Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:46 pm

I would like to give this method a try but won't it likely cause frictional alopecia? I am missing hair on the back of my legs from wearing jeans all the time, I figure the same could happen from this?

tim33

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:19 am

Hemp towel is supposedly the secret because it is more coarse and produces more friction/ stimulation than an ordinary towel
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20