Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Topical Melatonin?
High Blood Pressure EmptyToday at 5:05 am by Zaphod

» HMI-115: A Prolactin Receptor Antagonistic Antibody
High Blood Pressure EmptySun May 26, 2024 10:50 am by CausticSymmetry

» oral thrush candida
High Blood Pressure EmptyFri May 24, 2024 1:02 pm by shaftless

» Does hair follicles taken in hair transplants donor area grow back?
High Blood Pressure EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:40 pm by MikeGore

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
High Blood Pressure EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:38 pm by MikeGore

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
High Blood Pressure EmptyWed May 22, 2024 4:56 am by JtheDreamer

» zombie cells
High Blood Pressure EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
High Blood Pressure EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
High Blood Pressure EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

High Blood Pressure

2 posters

Go down

High Blood Pressure Empty High Blood Pressure

Post  NewReg Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:22 am

CS - I was rereading the physiology page and came across the info about high blood pressure. My systolic is habitually high (between 130 and 140), while my diastolic remains normal/low (between 65 ad 75). My dad has been on high blood pressure medication for 20+ years with good results, however, in one of Mercola's recent videos, he talks about how this does not help the problem at all -- only the symptom. If hair loss and high blood pressure are related, why isn't that a primary target along with insulin resistance? I noticed that nothing in the reg. specifically focuses on high blood pressure, though I am sure things like Magnesium help. But what else could we be doing besides eating right (I'm already vegetarian), reducing stress (not the best at that), and exercising (not a problem...love the stuff)?

NewReg

Back to top Go down

High Blood Pressure Empty Re: High Blood Pressure

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:59 am

NewReg - Great question, and yes the regimen for the most part address most causes of hypertension.

Insulin resistance is a primary cause of hypertension, although most doctors are still unaware of that.
For example high glucose stimulates aldosterone-induced hypertrophy or enlargement of cells, and high glucose depletes magnesium stores. Also it contributes to arteriosclerosis and atherosclerosis (hardening and thickening of the arteries).

Essentially insulin resistance is a primary cause of elevated aldosterone, which is a huge factor in hypertension.

Vitamin D is a natural ACE inhibitor (Angiostensin blocker) and improve blood sugar.

Ecklonia Cava (Fibroboost) is compared to Vasotec, an ACE Inhibitor.
I suspect that Ecklonia Cava also reduces blood pressure due to inhibition of antiplasmin, which keeps the blood flowing and free of excess fibrin. Improving the endothelium or the inner lining of blood vessels keeps the arteries more flexible.

Omega-3 fatty acids (EPA/DHA) produce anti-inflammatory prostaglandins to reduce constriction and help lower blood pressure.

Lipoic Acid's ability to act as an insulin mimic and improve the liver significantly will improve blood pressure.
It's metal chelating ability is also a major factor, reducing oxidative stress.

Metal toxicity, other than insulin resistance is just as big behind "idiopathic hypertension." Levels of lead far below EPA "safe" limits can significantly increase blood pressure. EDTA Chelation is very effective for metal induced hypertension and accounts for a huge percentage of cases with or without insulin resistance.

An alternative to EDTA chelation which is not cheap is Humifulvate, which is available as Metal Magnet by Enzymatic therapy or Swanson's Metal Cleanse.

A deficiency of Nitric Oxide which happens due to aging and aging related components is another cause. Cocoa polyphenols, Pomegranate are both excellent food based sources which can improve blood flow by dilation. Arginine Pyroglutamate or other sustained forms of Arginine (AAKG) can increase vessel diameter by 60%, which will have a nice effect on blood pressure. Studies show that grape seed extract taken with Arginine will be a much better effect than arginine alone.

Also there is an issue of folate adequacy. Somewhere between 30 to 60% of the population depending on what source is read from, are unable to utilize synthetic form of folic acid. In other words, only the whole food form or active form of folic acid (folate) will work. Worse, synthetic folate (folic acid) worsens a deficiency, as it blocks natural folate utilization.

Taking either Metafolin (the active form) or 5-Methyltetrahydrofolic acid will work in said population. Taking a 1,000 mcg or 1 milligram or more will improve blood pressure. Note that I heard about an unpublished work by a researcher who claimed that 5 mg (5,000 mcg) of folate will grow hair.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:05 am

Almost forgot to mention potassium. Low sodium-V8 juice has a lot of potassium and is used in integrative medicine clinics to reduce blood pressure. On a side note, I am currently experimenting with potassium chloride massaged into my scalp while shampooing. It leaves an instantly cool sensation once it penetrates the scalp. If it works, may act in a similar fashion as Minoxidil which it works primarily through activating potassium ATP channels.

Also thanks to metro for posting about his potassium use.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down