Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
What is the cause of high Prolactin levels? EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What is the cause of high Prolactin levels? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
What is the cause of high Prolactin levels? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
What is the cause of high Prolactin levels? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
What is the cause of high Prolactin levels? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
What is the cause of high Prolactin levels? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
What is the cause of high Prolactin levels? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
What is the cause of high Prolactin levels? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What is the cause of high Prolactin levels? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What is the cause of high Prolactin levels?

+2
takingaction
masterfree
6 posters

Go down

What is the cause of high Prolactin levels? Empty What is the cause of high Prolactin levels?

Post  masterfree Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:08 am

I know hypothyroidism causes high prolactin levels but what else could be causing it?. I have been tested to have high prolactin levels (little over normal). What are some of the health issues of having high prolactin?

masterfree

Back to top Go down

What is the cause of high Prolactin levels? Empty Re: What is the cause of high Prolactin levels?

Post  takingaction Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:38 am

Maybe you found this soon after. But it's good to get others to view it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperprolactinaemia

takingaction

Back to top Go down

What is the cause of high Prolactin levels? Empty Re: What is the cause of high Prolactin levels?

Post  itzmecorey Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:25 am

I know excessive masturbation causes high prolactin levels. You can pubmed that one. It's one of the only long lasting neurogenic effects post orgasm. Doubt it will cause a homeostatic high level but decreasing could slow that down.

itzmecorey

http://www.coreychmiel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:25 am

itzmecorey wrote:I know excessive masturbation causes high prolactin levels. You can pubmed that one. It's one of the only long lasting neurogenic effects post orgasm. Doubt it will cause a homeostatic high level but decreasing could slow that down.

The rise in prolactin is 4x as high after sex btw

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:17 pm

Those I coach usually have low alkaline phosphatase and high prolactin. Probably the result of a long standing zinc deficiency.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:48 pm

Hey Droddy or Abc,

I was interested by the alkaline phosphatase/zinc correlation. After having a short conversation with Google about it, I found a few sources that said low levels of alkaline phosphatase can
also be related to biliary insufficiencies and gallbladder/liver problems. One sign of this
is a poor time digesting fats with stools usually being very light in color due to the fat content.
I have to imagine this could have big repercussions downstream for hormone synthesis.

Do you guys have any recs on how to correct problems with bile production and the more umbrella problems with liver/gallbladder?

Thanks fellas.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:52 pm

droddy wrote:Those I coach usually have low alkaline phosphatase and high prolactin. Probably the result of a long standing zinc deficiency.

Care to expand? Despite following a lot of Ray's principles, I have at times tested high in prolactin. This is my only abnormal lab.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:07 pm

anthonyspencer54 wrote:Hey Droddy or Abc,

I was interested by the alkaline phosphatase/zinc correlation. After having a short conversation with Google about it, I found a few sources that said low levels of alkaline phosphatase can
also be related to biliary insufficiencies and gallbladder/liver problems. One sign of this
is a poor time digesting fats with stools usually being very light in color due to the fat content.
I have to imagine this could have big repercussions downstream for hormone synthesis.

Do you guys have any recs on how to correct problems with bile production and the more umbrella problems with liver/gallbladder?

Thanks fellas.

Interesting. This is the first time I've looked into the problem so I have no advice for you. However avoiding PUFA and eating gylcine are both extremely hepatoprotective.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:46 am

abc123 wrote:
droddy wrote:Those I coach usually have low alkaline phosphatase and high prolactin. Probably the result of a long standing zinc deficiency.

Care to expand? Despite following a lot of Ray's principles, I have at times tested high in prolactin. This is my only abnormal lab.

Low alk can mean low zinc.

Zinc is an aromatase inhibitor, which if deficient can lead to increased estrogen, low b6, and more prolactin.

And of course zinc is intimately involved in stomach acid production (poor digestion>serotonin>prolactin).

Just a hypothesis. Calcium metabolism is crucial for lowering prolactin as well.
droddy
droddy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down