Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Chasteberry, Gyno and Prolactin levels EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
Chasteberry, Gyno and Prolactin levels EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Chasteberry, Gyno and Prolactin levels EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Chasteberry, Gyno and Prolactin levels EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Chasteberry, Gyno and Prolactin levels EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Chasteberry, Gyno and Prolactin levels EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Chasteberry, Gyno and Prolactin levels EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Chasteberry, Gyno and Prolactin levels EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Chasteberry, Gyno and Prolactin levels EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Chasteberry, Gyno and Prolactin levels

+2
tooyoung
rjfnyu
6 posters

Go down

Chasteberry, Gyno and Prolactin levels Empty Chasteberry, Gyno and Prolactin levels

Post  rjfnyu Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:34 am

I would like to try chasteberry for lowering prolactin levels to improve gyno. I have read in many places that chasteberry lowers libido and testosterone. Is this merely because in lower dosages, chasteberry raises prolactin or is there still a risk in lower libido and testosterone resulting from taking it at a higher prolactin-lowering dose as well?

When I read various forums where men are taking high dosages of chasteberry, no one complains about sexual side effects (if anything, it's the other way around). I also have read in maybe two or three instances on forums where males said high-dose chasteberry made a difference in their gyno.

Is it safer just to go with mucuna, ginko, zinc or B6?

rjfnyu

Back to top Go down

Chasteberry, Gyno and Prolactin levels Empty Re: Chasteberry, Gyno and Prolactin levels

Post  tooyoung Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:59 am

I've used chasteberry and didn't seem to have any noticeable sexual side effects either way, maybe slightly increased.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Chasteberry, Gyno and Prolactin levels Empty Re: Chasteberry, Gyno and Prolactin levels

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:39 am

rjfnyu wrote:I would like to try chasteberry for lowering prolactin levels to improve gyno. I have read in many places that chasteberry lowers libido and testosterone. Is this merely because in lower dosages, chasteberry raises prolactin or is there still a risk in lower libido and testosterone resulting from taking it at a higher prolactin-lowering dose as well?

When I read various forums where men are taking high dosages of chasteberry, no one complains about sexual side effects (if anything, it's the other way around). I also have read in maybe two or three instances on forums where males said high-dose chasteberry made a difference in their gyno.

This topic was well covered here quite a while ago. The devil is always in the details.

Chasteberry does not lower libido or reduce testosterone when the correct dose is used.

What is the correct dose? Over 120 mg per day. Only very low doses affected prolactin negatively. Dosages above 120 or greater will decrease prolactin, and might actually boost libido.

I had Chasteberry on my site for a while, until I realized that it is only addressing the symptom and not the cause of elevated prolactin levels.

The cause is usually, but not always low thyroid function.

http://healthyfixx.com/plan/6/fixxing-your-thyroid

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:45 am

To what CS said, I will add that Iodine sufficiency may be the most important thing.

Almost nobody did the process of getting saturated with Iodine, probably just JDP and CS.

I've been reading reports from people takin enough iodine and lowering their fasting blood sugar from 99 to 78. Is that something or what?
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:52 am

Totally second LF on iodine. Prolactin problems are taken care of with sufficient iodine.

Iodine even taken alone increases insulin receptor sensitivity.

An iodine deficiency, which most people in the world have today can cause or exacerbate
the overgrowth of pathogens in the gut.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  rjfnyu Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:18 pm

Thanks for your responses. I have read the old posts, but I did not see anything specifically related to libido.

I have been on iodine for the last few weeks and I think I am going through halide detox as some of these symptoms are getting worse. The gyno was getting much better for a while, but it has gotten really bad over the last few days. I believe that the iodine has made my skin much better though in the short term.

rjfnyu

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:41 pm

rjfnyu wrote:Thanks for your responses. I have read the old posts, but I did not see anything specifically related to libido.

I have been on iodine for the last few weeks and I think I am going through halide detox as some of these symptoms are getting worse. The gyno was getting much better for a while, but it has gotten really bad over the last few days. I believe that the iodine has made my skin much better though in the short term.

Follow the plan as explained in the healthyfixx article. Often people miss things like proper doses and companion nutrients.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  rjfnyu Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:31 am

I still need to add tyrosine, zinc and maybe a glandular.

Going back to chaste berry, if I have already started it, is there any risk of a rebound effect (elevation of prolactin) by stopping it?

Also, the one thing that I see no one mention in regards to thyroid function is the importance of vitamin A. I have a long history of not being able to take vitamin A due to it effecting my sleep. Ray Peat advised me that this is generally a symptom of hypothyroidism and that when you increase thyroid function, you should increase vitamin A (only non-synthetic vitamin A) in proportion. I found, at least with myself, that using iodine or coconut oil would produce too much anxiety for me to tolerate them, but increasing the vitamin A in proportion worked like a charm to combat the anxiety. Now with several months on coconut oil and a couple of weeks on iodine, I generally can consume lots of vitamin A with no short-term negative effects.

rjfnyu

Back to top Go down

Post  mento Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:52 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
rjfnyu wrote:I would like to try chasteberry for lowering prolactin levels to improve gyno.  I have read in many places that chasteberry lowers libido and testosterone.  Is this merely because in lower dosages, chasteberry raises prolactin or is there still a risk in lower libido and testosterone resulting from taking it at a higher prolactin-lowering dose as well?

When I read various forums where men are taking high dosages of chasteberry, no one complains about sexual side effects (if anything, it's the other way around).  I also have read in maybe two or three instances on forums where males said high-dose chasteberry made a difference in their gyno.

This topic was well covered here quite a while ago. The devil is always in the details.

Chasteberry does not lower libido or reduce testosterone when the correct dose is used.

What is the correct dose?  Over 120 mg per day. Only very low doses affected prolactin negatively. Dosages above 120 or greater will decrease prolactin, and might actually boost libido.

I had Chasteberry on my site for a while, until I realized that it is only addressing the symptom and not the cause of elevated prolactin levels.

The cause is usually, but not always low thyroid function.

http://healthyfixx.com/plan/6/fixxing-your-thyroid
Do you have a study which confirm, that low doses affected prolactin negatively?

High prolactin -low libido
low prolactin -high libido

It didn't make sense, because some people take chasterberry to reduce there sex drive and they also take a large dosis about 240mg. But if it's lower your sex drive, it will actually higher your prolactin, won't it?!
Really don't know how much I should take Sad

mento

Back to top Go down

Post  hawk44 Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:45 am

I take 400 to 800 mg of Chasteberry on a semi-regular basis. Definitely seems to increase my libido and decrease refractory time when needed.

hawk44

Back to top Go down

Post  mento Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:05 am

hawk44 wrote:I take 400 to 800 mg of Chasteberry on a semi-regular basis. Definitely seems to increase my libido and decrease refractory time when needed.
what do you mean by "semi regular basis"? A guy from a german forum said taking 40mg each other day will show to the best inhibition of prolactin.

mento

Back to top Go down

Post  hawk44 Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:19 am

mento wrote:
hawk44 wrote:I take 400 to 800 mg of Chasteberry on a semi-regular basis. Definitely seems to increase my libido and decrease refractory time when needed.
what do you mean by "semi regular basis"?

I cycle it. Say 3 weeks on, 1 week off. Something along those lines.

hawk44

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down